XBLA- RBI Baseball?! -- Achievements Up!

oh. my. god.

woohoo!

i bet it'll be 800 pts though... :(
hopefully they'll do some stuff with the rosters though, that'd be tight.

I seriously just exploded in my pants.

Who or what do I have to suck off to obtain this game as quickly as possible?

unless they go with fake names, they have to update the roster. A lot of the players from 87 are not under a MLB or MLBPA contract anymore.

edit: actually, wouldn't they have to use fake names and team names? Wouldn't it mess with 2K's exclusive contract if MS isn't themselves listed as publisher if they don't do it this way? Also, I hope they bring over some of the refinements from RBI 3 and the one for the SNES

I really hope that this is only 400 ms points, but I might get it even if it is 800 anyway :)
And just thought of/remembered something... maybe it could be like the DS remake? (not really sure if it was a remake, but that's what I am calling it)
[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=mAWDu6iUxi0[/media]

Awesome. I hope it doesn't receive too many "enhancements" and hopefully it is as close to the NES version as possible, sound and all.

I think RBI and Baseball Stars were the 2 biggest games of the era. I'd absolutely love to see a Baseball Stars remake with online play, though I'm guessing the novelty of everyone having maxed players hitting homers every atbat would get old in a hurry.

RBI is a good game, though since I have the NES one (and a NES I can hook up in seconds), probably won't get this one unless it has some enhancements.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']400 points, since this is the type of game you play 3 times before the novelty wears off.[/quote]

BAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAHAHA!

Ahahh...hee...sorry, my dad and I have played this game probably more than anybody else on the planet. He got it when I was two years old (in 1988), and we've played, on average, six or seven games of it a week ever since.

Note: for those who didn't know, Nintendo's hardware is bombproof.

I would even buy this at 1,600 points. I hope they don't read that.

Seriously though, this is one of my favorite NES games of all time, absolutely loved it, and I actually still even have the NES cartridge, and whenever I hook up my NES, I always give this a play.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']I was always into Baseball Stars, is RBI baseball similar at all? I wish they made Baseball Stars for XBLA. I loved creating my team.[/quote]

RBI came out first, and was a great baseball game....but baseball stars is a lot better of a game. It came out a year later, and it didn't have as blocky of players as RBI had. IMO, if RBI was an 8 at the time, the baseball stars was a 9.5. I hope for a baseball stars remake...

I'm going to echo the Baseball Stars love -- don't even need to put in any upgrade, I'd be all over it first day. As it is if the RBI gameplay is comparable I may pick it up anyway if it's at 400. I'll be dreaming of making my own team the entire time, though :D

im thinking of buying this, but only at 400 pts... i remember this when I was a little kid but I wonder if I would get bored of it.

[quote name='doubledown']It cannot have REAL names. 2K has the rights to all 3rd party MLB games.[/QUOTE]

Unless Microsoft was publishing and developing it.

[quote name='hufferstl']Bring on Tecmo Bowl...[/quote]

no shit... these two games, if made right (kept the same, with all the current teams and players) would be MEGA sellers... and so much fun.

I know two companies have the rights to the leagues... but usually that only deals with games in direct competition... look at MLB power Pros.

[quote name='DestroVega']no shit... these two games, if made right (kept the same, with all the current teams and players) would be MEGA sellers... and so much fun.

I know two companies have the rights to the leagues... but usually that only deals with games in direct competition... look at MLB power Pros.[/QUOTE]

Power Pros was published here by 2k. But yeah, I cant wait for Tecmo Bowl!

[quote name='hufferstl']Bring on Tecmo Bowl...[/QUOTE]

Tecmo Bowl with fake names would not be that good IMO. Also, the ARCADE version of Tecmo Bowl sucked ass....they would have to bring the NES port.

[quote name='doubledown']Tecmo Bowl with fake names would not be that good IMO. Also, the ARCADE version of Tecmo Bowl sucked ass....they would have to bring the NES port.[/QUOTE]

You know Tecmo Bowl is out for the DS in the next week, right?

Fake teams and names, fully customizable rosters.

I loved RBI as a kid but Baseball Stars was incredible I played that game SOOOOOOOO much. I had all my friends on the team and loved how it kept stats. That was the greatest thing ever back then! lol

[quote name='DestroVega']fuck fake teams though[/QUOTE]

Not Tecmo's fault. I'd rather have the game with fake teams then not at all.

bread's done
Back