XBLA - Rocky & Bullwinkle - 800pts

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

Features

Rocky & Bullwinkle™ offers a fast, fun collection of over 100 micro-games, starring your favorite characters from the classic cartoon series: Rocky and Bullwinkle, Boris and Natasha, Dudley Do-Right, and many more. Xbox LIVE® Vision owners can control 25 of the games using gestures, a surefire way to liven up any gathering. Filled to the brim with zany humor and hilarious antics, this is one title you don't want to "moose" out on!
  • Great characters: Based on one of the most popular cartoon series of all time, the game features Rocky, Bullwinkle, Boris, Natasha, and a host of other memorable characters from the classic TV show.
  • Fun, fast action: Over 100 fast-paced micro-games are packed with zany, family-friendly humor layered with an extra level of humor for the adults. The fast action and quick games create an easy pick-up-and-play experience for gamers of all ages.
  • Xbox LIVE Vision interaction: Use the Xbox LIVE Vision camera for gesture-based gameplay with 25 of the mini-games.
  • Hotseat multiplayer: Up to twelve players can compete locally in hotseat mode.

Quite odd to see it by itself and not accompanying anything else, like a large release of R&B cartoons on Marketplace first or whatnot or any other sort of tie-ins, but it would be a nice boost to the family market or whatnot.

After the recent bomb that was Shrek n Roll.. jesus that flopped so hardcore.

Man, I wish theyd release something worthwhile to XBLA..

like a patch so I could play dino crisis 3 after a year..

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']After the recent bomb that was Shrek n Roll.. jesus that flopped so hardcore.

Man, I wish theyd release something worthwhile to XBLA..

like a patch so I could play dino crisis 3 after a year..[/quote]

Silently waits for Ikuraga **meditates**

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']After the recent bomb that was Shrek n Roll.. jesus that flopped so hardcore.[/QUOTE]What exactly qualifies as a "bomb" on XBLA? I'm not disputing that Shrek n' Roll was utter crap; just wondering if any actual sales figures have been released or anything like that.

Personally I hope you're correct, because it's good news for us all if bad games sell poorly.

I'm actually rather interested in this. R&B+microgames= potential fun. If I like the demo, I won't hesitate to pick this up :)

Last week, we got Ikaruga, which I anticipated for a while. This week, we get Rocky and Bullwinkle, which just sucks. Next week can only go up, right? Right?

*Superman 64 is announced for next week*

I'll give this demo a chance... who knows. I'm a sucker for micro-games...

It will probably suck, though ;)

I thought I heard on a recent ep of Major Nelson's podcast that Lost Cities would be coming out in a few weeks (and this was a few weeks ago, I think). Maybe that will be next week...

microgames are different from mini games right? For some reason I see this being a good game, but I don't want to like it for the lame license

^^ Just saw that review. Guess I was a little too hopeful. I'll just save my points for a good game:lol: Maybe it wouldn't have been TOO bad for 400 points;)

I thought this was going to be a port of the SNES game. I forgot how that played (I think it was a platformer), but I remember playing it a lot at my cousin's house back in the day.

[quote name='"IGN"']
rocky-and-bullwinkle-20080415001717945.jpg

This will cost you $10.​
[/QUOTE]

lulz

Looks like I'll have to pass on this one.

It's not terrible, but definitely not worth $10 unless you get high with friends and play xbox a lot. I have shit in front of my vision camera so those games didn't really work well, but it might have been a decent game for 400 points.

I think that screenshot says it all...

How is it that no one has successfully ripped off Wario Ware? It doesn't seem like a difficult concept... make hundreds of 5 second games that have weird shit in them, put them all together.. BAM!

But no... we get to juggle with Bullwinkle by pushing LT/RT...

[quote name='PleasantOne']I think that screenshot says it all...

How is it that no one has successfully ripped off Wario Ware? It doesn't seem like a difficult concept... make hundreds of 5 second games that have weird shit in them, put them all together.. BAM!

But no... we get to juggle with Bullwinkle by pushing LT/RT...[/quote]

If you have the camera, you get to move your arms up and down...not that I know from experience...

bread's done
Back