XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='EliteMilkman']Thinking about picking up Microbot for 400 points, though I'm still on the fence about it, Seems like the game could get really interesting towards the end when you unlock more "ports" for your vessel. Anyone know how long of a game it is?[/QUOTE]
I haven't been keeping track of time, but I'm on what I'm sure is the last "world" and it's been about 5 hours? There's a "Survival" Challenge Mode, too, that you can do whenever you want. The game does open up when you get more ports (first boss), because you'll also have a movement part that makes it way easier to control while shooting by then. It's just slow in the beginning because you have the dumb "paddle" and you either have to pick two movements or two weapons.

On the subject of Thong of Virtue's DLC back in the last page: It was free to both Silver/Gold for the first week. Yes, it was meant to be for people who bought the game during that time, but I'm guessing there's no easy way to limit that (short of making people wait 6-8 weeks) on the Marketplace. Playstation Network though, they actually have a "bundle system" so it wasn't free to anyone there.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I'm sure it's been asked before but how was Hydrophobia "retooled"? And it says it will be 50% off (400pts), wasn't it $15 (1200pts)? I'm no mathematician but... Or did they permanently drop the price to 800pys recently? I thought that was just a sale?[/QUOTE]

Hydrophobia's update details:
I guess it's called Hydrophobia Pure, now: http://www.hydrophobia-game.com/pure.php

Improved Graphics:

Character dynamic self-shadowing
Enhanced lighting
Improved textures
Better water spray effects
Improved water reflection and refraction
Enhanced electricity effects
Environmental geometry tweaks
Additional video texture work

Physics Enhancements:

Increased number of dynamic objects
More realistic character water resistance
Explosive forces re-balanced

Overhauled Camera System:

Camera positioned closer to character
Improved tracking of the action
Enhanced collision detection
Better FOV for framing the action

Improved Movement and Animations:

More fluid and precise character control
Improved character animations add realism
Enhanced animation transitions make the character more 'weighty'

New Climbing System:

Continuous hand-over-hand climbing system added
All new, more realistic animations
More fluid climbing controls and movement

Platforming:

Automatic ledge grab functionality
Improved swing mechanic
Improved jump-from-balance mechanic

Control Layout:

Switch to a more traditional control layout
A to jump
LT to aim
RB to detonate enhanced Gel and Energy Rounds

Dialogue Re-Edit:

Dialogue has been pruned
Irritating or extraneous lines cut

Cutscenes Re-edit:

Cutscenes reviewed and edited
Overly long cutscenes shortened

Collectables:

Emails and E-Books no longer interrupt gameplay when collected
Collectables re-positioned throughout levels
Points awarded for collectables tweaked

New Waypoint System:

Waypoints for every objective and sub objective
Choose permanent on-screen waypoints or new MAVI only mode
Waypoints added for Ciphers and Frequency Keys with colour coding
Corpses with Frequency Keys glow orange for easy identification

Map Improved:

Improved controls and button layout
Default view of Kate's position
Toggle Kate's position / objective location manually
Easier to navigate

Prompts:

Prompts re-worked for better clarity
Prompt triggering reviewed and improved

Tutorials:

Video tutorials cut back
Improved in game tutorials
New tutorial puzzles

Wading Improved:

Enhanced physical character feedback from water forces
Improved transitions between wade states

Swimming Improved:

Improved swimming controls, more finely balanced
180 degree swim turn removed
Improved camera behaviour when swimming
Underwater combat system streamlined

Puzzles:

Improved feedback for Cipher and Frequency Keys
Ciphers re-positioned for greater accessibility
New mission orders related to Ciphers add to the backstory
Existing puzzles refined where possible
New electric puzzle elements added

Damage System Improved:

Kate no longer unfairly damaged/killed by unseen elements
Fire/electrical damage reduced
Combat damage re-balanced

Overhauled Damage Feedback:

Monochrome health feedback system implemented
Enhanced directional damage indication
Heartbeat force feedback and SFX added
Audio ducking system improves health feedback

All New Oxygen Feedback System:

Oxygen bar added
Heartbeat force feedback and SFX added
Phobia effect for oxygen feedback enhanced
Phobia audio hallucinations added
FOV pulse added for drowning feedback
Phobia warping effect removed from non-submerged sections

Overhauled Combat System:

Automatic weapon holster/unholster system
Seamless integration of combat / non-combat systems
Improved aim reticule
Aim remapped to LT
Destructible objects highlighted more clearly
Destructible objects easier to hit
A greater supply of ammo throughout the levels
AI improved and enemies rebalanced
More enemies and more engaging combat design

Weapons Improved:

Sonic Rounds overheat removed
Sonic Rounds charge time halved
Sonic Rounds do more damage to NPCs and are lethal
Multiple Gel and Energy Rounds can be deployed simultaneously
Deployed Gel/Energy rounds can be detonated as a group

All New Cover System:

Smoother transitions in and out of cover
Easier and more intuitive to get in and out of cover
Toggle cover whether armed or unarmed
All new animations make cover system more realistic

Checkpoints and Reloading:

Checkpoint positions reviewed and improved
More checkpoints
Automated and faster reload after death

Levels and Game Balance:

Vent behaviour improved
General level design tweaks
AI numbers and positioning improved
Ammo amount and placement improved
Collectable placement improved
Gameplay balance improved throughout

Value:

Price dropped to just 800 Microsoft points
Trial extended to allow players to sample more of the game for free

[quote name='Dustin Echoes']You're in luck, Ron Gilbert created DeathSpank, not Tim Schafer.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was about to say... Tim Schafer didn't make Deathspank.

[quote name='hostyl1'] Still a little squishy on the Deathspanks (hate the name and think Tim Schafer is a bit overrated as a game designer).[/QUOTE]

What everyone else said about Tim Schafer. But more importantly the humor makes this game go from ok to tons of fun. If you are a fan of the Tick you will like the Deathspank character, and they even poke fun at the name a bit. Sometime around the 100th "stoopid chicken" you've killed or when you've fought off a herd of "Beartalope" you realize they named the game and main character perfectly.

DeathSpank != Tim Schafer
DeathSpank = Ron Gilbert
Ron Gilbert = Maniac Mansion, Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: The Graphic Adventure
Tim Schafer = Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, Psychonauts, Brütal Legend, Costume Quest, Stacking
Ron Gilbert + Tim Schafer = The Secret of Monkey Island, Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge

If you are avoiding DeathSpank because of Tim Schafer, you're doing it wrong.
If you are avoiding DeathSpank because of Ron Gilbert, well...IMHO you're still doing it wrong. ;)

[quote name='utopianmachine']Plants vs Zombies is a must-have for pretty much any gamer. I'm not a fan of tower defense games, but the theme of this Popcap gem won my heart. My husband also played it, even more than I did.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if I'd say it's a must have, but I agree about the tower defense statement. Hard to say if I would've bought this standalone, sale or not (I bought it on the 3-game disc). I'm also not a big fan on tower defense games and seem to despise half of them, but I do enjoy sitting down with PvZ for a few levels of gameplay to break up from the rounds of Halo or whatever other game I'm currently playing.

I just won a 1600 MSP card from a contest at another site.

After browsing through the available XBLA and Indie games, I decided to buy DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue. Honestly, when I look at the list of "most popular" games, I notice a lot of rehashed shit and plenty of overpriced games that were in the last Steam sale. And while either DeathSpank game might be available for 600 MSP ($7.50) or less in 11 months through Steam, I'm confident that I made a good decision. It's a funny game at a pretty reasonable price. And regardless, I'm getting it for free.

I also played the demo of Microbots, and I bought that for 400 MSP ($5), having found the game play experience to be quite novel -- I've never played as a nanobot shooting diseases in a blood stream before. It starts out nice and slow to let you get the feel of shooting, being pushed through capillaries by the blood flow and whatnot, but from the demo at the end of the game, it seems that things get much more intense. I've always loved the Options in Gradius, the absolute best shm'up franchise there is, and I get the same feeling of diversity and customization in this game. It seems surprisingly complex in terms of game play; I have yet to know if there's an actual story.

I'd recommend those games out of the current list of 50% off titles. They seem to give you an original game play experience, they're relatively cheap, and they're fun. Keep in mind, however, that I didn't spend any of my own money for them.

Looking forward to using my remaining 600 MSP to get Hydrophobia.

I don't own Plants Vs. Zombies on any platform so I think i'm going to buy it for xbla. I've got the points and it's a fun game so hey, why not right? Think my gf will play with me and am glad it at least has local co-op and such. Thanks for the help everyone. Hope next weeks sales from 2k and such are good. I'll finally get Aqua as well soon.

[quote name='mattBLiTZ']Yeah I should also note that strategy games and tower defense games in general are NOT something I'd like to play. This completely gave me a new look on the genre.[/QUOTE]

And for the other side of the spectrum, I'm a tower defense/strategy nutjob and can't stand PvZ. It's far too slow paced and tedious, shoe-horns in an obnoxious pick-up-sticks mini-game to keep you from falling asleep (to be fair, this supposedly was improved in the XBLA version), and the things it does to vary up the gameplay just annoy me further.

It might be improved by co-op, but I can't think of much that isn't.

[quote name='Trusty Mutsi']I am really torn. I just got Dragon Age: Origins, but haven't received it yet, and have no idea if I even like it yet. Do I get the content? Since I got a used copy, do I get Stone Prisoner (which isn't even on sale)? These sales kill me, as I usually end up getting extra content I usually don't even get around to.[/QUOTE]

You have to be a fan of the game to get anything out of the DLC. The whole game has this odd kind of jank to it that shows up in spades in the DLC and Awakenings. The only one that truly feels polished is Stone Prisoner, but that's sure as hell not worth $15.

How would you rank the DA Origins DLC excluding Awakening and Wardens Keep. Thinking about grabbing a used copy of DA O after trading some games in but am unsure of which DLCs to get cause I dont want to get them all.

[quote name='eugaet']DeathSpank != Tim Schafer
DeathSpank = Ron Gilbert
Ron Gilbert = Maniac Mansion, Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: The Graphic Adventure
Tim Schafer = Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, Psychonauts, Brütal Legend, Costume Quest, Stacking
Ron Gilbert + Tim Schafer = The Secret of Monkey Island, Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge

If you are avoiding DeathSpank because of Tim Schafer, you're doing it wrong.
If you are avoiding DeathSpank because of Ron Gilbert, well...IMHO you're still doing it wrong. ;)[/QUOTE]

:applause:

I'll get The Lost and Damned if it's 400. Probably not Gay Tony though, unless it's less than 800. Having seen GTA IV Complete for $19 and all. But I doubt it'll get that low.

Seriously. My friend & I have been waiting for that game to release, let alone a release date to be announced.

I'm gonna be spending so much in Feb. Getting BC Rearmed 2, Stacking, Hard Corps: Uprising, & if it's released in Feb, Beyond Good & Evil. So glad I've still got $30 from Xmas on my account & getting $5 from Bing in a few days.

Then watch, there'll be ANOTHER game I want as Deal of the Week....

Deathspank was so worth the price. Great game. Im having a bit of trouble starting the second one though. So similar (which I knew going in). Think I need to give it a break for awhile. I couldn't even really tell you why appealed to me. Nothing but virtually the same thing over and over. So much fun though.

On the subject of MIA XBLA titles, I got bored and searched around for Auditorium news. Checking out the publishers' twitter (Zoo Games/indiePub Games), they make no mention of XBLA, which was supposed to be November 3rd. On November 1st they state it's coming out later in the month for PSN with Move support, I'm guessing they bought some exclusive rights. The official site also makes no mention: http://auditoriumhd.com/

Maybe. Even in the early 11/2010 timeframe, "360" previews were coming out.

EDIT:

Checking the publisher Zoo Games, they list only "Sony" under platforms.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I'm sure it's been asked before but how was Hydrophobia "retooled"? And it says it will be 50% off (400pts), wasn't it $15 (1200pts)? I'm no mathematician but... Or did they permanently drop the price to 800pys recently? I thought that was just a sale?[/QUOTE]
Like was mentioned before, they permanently dropped it to 800pts with the massive patch update, then are offering it for sale next week for 400pts. For a game that could've easily been $40-$50 at launch, everyone should & MUST buy this game.

[quote name='nerdtown']any news on the goteilb HOF pinball game?[/QUOTE]
I dunno ... what did you find out when you typed it into Google? :)

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Has anyone received their FREE 400 MS Points during the promotion in November when you have to spend 1600 Points?

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Community/promotions/MGSHolidayOffer/home

It says points will be sent by December 20th.

It's been a month now, and I haven't received null.[/QUOTE]

I haven't gotten mine either.

Can't wait to see what Rockstar/2K stuff is on sale tomorrow; I hope the Minerva's Den BioShock 2 pack is on sale, as well as the RDR mega-dlc pack!

[quote name='SAVertigo']You may want to just email them. I got mine.[/QUOTE]

i don't have mine either. erm.. who do we email?

Nope. I've put in a ticket with Xbox support and they've yet to provide me the points.

I need to follow up with them since it's been a couple of weeks since I contacted them about it.

You can always check to see if you've been given the points by going to Xbox.com, logging into your account, going to the Accounts section of the website and then going to "View Billing History". That'll take you to the billing website on Microsoft.com and then you'd click on "Microsoft Points" to get into the section to see what you've purchased from your points total and what you've added back to your account. The promotional points would be listed as "Points added" without a "View" link next to it, since they're "gifted" points by Microsoft.

[quote name='Abeja']How would you rank the DA Origins DLC excluding Awakening and Wardens Keep. Thinking about grabbing a used copy of DA O after trading some games in but am unsure of which DLCs to get cause I dont want to get them all.[/QUOTE]
They really are additional content, intended for fans of the game who want more. I would recommend not getting any of em unless you are sure you are going to want more Dragon Age after 80 hours or whatever (including Awakening). None of them are particularly mind-blowing, the best you can say about any of them is that they are more Dragon Age.

Leliana's is the longest (A whole two hours!) and most developed. Probably the most "value" I guess. Witch Hunt is a short little adventure that has almost nothing to do with it's premise. It's still fun enough, but it comes off as a complete money grab the way they advertise it. Darkspawn is silly nonsense where you play the badguys in the exact same final battle but mirrored and you get to butcher all the annoying NPCs. Completely unpolished without any VA at all, but very charming.

Golems and Return to Ostagar are both really short and really annoying. If there's a recommendation I feel comfortable with, it's to avoid those two.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I hope this publisher sale thing continues. I'd love to see Pac-Man CE DX go on sale. Come on Namco join the fun! Pretty please?[/QUOTE]

I am all for this!

[quote name='nerdtown']any news on the goteilb HOF pinball game?[/QUOTE]

Some of us are holding out hope that it'll appear this Wednesday, but Major Nelson hasn't blogged or tweeted about it and the last we heard from Crave/PHOF was the original "Jan. 2011" post via Facebook on Dec. 10.

I'm still waffling on Deathspank and NHL 3 on 3. The latter I haven't tried the demo of yet, and while it's hard to resist at 200 points, I usually suck at sports games... however... I've generally liked ones that dispensed with the complexity and kept it simple, so I really need to try it tonight.

Nothing for me from Rockstar since, unless I'm mistaken, they have no download games, but would love to see Namco stuff go on sale, especially Pac-Mac CE DX, just like everybody else.

NHL 3 on 3 was a ton of fun. I picked it up during the last sale. I haven't played a hockey game since the genesis and this one was right up my alley. Well worth the 200 points.

[quote name='shrike4242']Nope. I've put in a ticket with Xbox support and they've yet to provide me the points.

I need to follow up with them since it's been a couple of weeks since I contacted them about it.

You can always check to see if you've been given the points by going to Xbox.com, logging into your account, going to the Accounts section of the website and then going to "View Billing History". That'll take you to the billing website on Microsoft.com and then you'd click on "Microsoft Points" to get into the section to see what you've purchased from your points total and what you've added back to your account. The promotional points would be listed as "Points added" without a "View" link next to it, since they're "gifted" points by Microsoft.[/QUOTE]

I called Microsoft on January 17th (my 2nd call), practically a whole month after the FREE 400 MS Points was supposed to be sent (advertisement said on or around December 20th, 2010).

I had an opened ticket since late December on my 1st call, and the lady I spoke with this time said that I should be receiving an email from Microsoft within the next 48 hours with a redemption code for my FREE 400 MS Points... I told her that's kind of wierd because promotions like this usually just gets directly added to my account.

She says that, that's what she was told, just wait for an email within 48 hours...

... it's been 7 whole days since that telephone call and I have not received a single email, and my account is still 400 Points less.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']They really are additional content, intended for fans of the game who want more. I would recommend not getting any of em unless you are sure you are going to want more Dragon Age after 80 hours or whatever (including Awakening). None of them are particularly mind-blowing, the best you can say about any of them is that they are more Dragon Age.

Leliana's is the longest (A whole two hours!) and most developed. Probably the most "value" I guess. Witch Hunt is a short little adventure that has almost nothing to do with it's premise. It's still fun enough, but it comes off as a complete money grab the way they advertise it. Darkspawn is silly nonsense where you play the badguys in the exact same final battle but mirrored and you get to butcher all the annoying NPCs. Completely unpolished without any VA at all, but very charming.

Golems and Return to Ostagar are both really short and really annoying. If there's a recommendation I feel comfortable with, it's to avoid those two.[/QUOTE]

Outside of Awakening and Warden's Keep (necessary to get the chest) I would also say Leiliana is the best one but most of the DA DLC pales in comparison to the ME series DLC. I would recommend getting Witch Hunt on sale though as they have made promises the choice made at the end of that will be reflected in future games.

[quote name='SAVertigo']You may want to just email them. I got mine.[/QUOTE]
Emailing them doesn't work. I keep getting an email back saying, to call a 1-800 number instead for Account questions.

Btw, did you get your FREE 400 MS Points via email, or added into your account automatically?

Customer Service Reps at Microsoft are saying it's via email... not sure if they're serious or oblivious.

I agree. At 400 it might've been a clean sweep for me of picking up aqua, hydro thunder, and hydrophobia. Ah well two games is a good pickup for a weekly sale.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Emailing them doesn't work. I keep getting an email back saying, to call a 1-800 number instead for Account questions.

Btw, did you get your FREE 400 MS Points via email, or added into your account automatically?

Customer Service Reps at Microsoft are saying it's via email... not sure if they're serious or oblivious.[/QUOTE]They are oblivious. It gets dropped into your account. You can check if they've credited you the points from the billing page, with the info I mentioned earlier.

My phone call to them took 45 minutes :bomb: to complete, and I should hear/see something in 48-72 hours.

[quote name='shrike4242']They are oblivious. It gets dropped into your account. You can check if they've credited you the points from the billing page, with the info I mentioned earlier.

My phone call to them took 45 minutes :bomb: to complete, and I should hear/see something in 48-72 hours.[/QUOTE]
Gah!

That's exactly what THEY TOLD ME TOO!

And that was 7 days ago... :cold:

I got my 400 ms points added directly to my account a little over a week ago. Best thing to do is know how many ms points u currently have and on your 360 dashboard keep checking your account and see if the ms points have been applied.

[quote name='intoxicated662']I got my 400 ms points added directly to my account a little over a week ago. Best thing to do is know how many ms points u currently have and on your 360 dashboard keep checking your account and see if the ms points have been applied.[/QUOTE]Actually, there's a better way to do it, so you see the transaction history:

[quote name='Earlier post in the thread']You can always check to see if you've been given the points by going to Xbox.com, logging into your account, going to the Accounts section of the website and then going to "View Billing History". That'll take you to the billing website on Microsoft.com and then you'd click on "Microsoft Points" to get into the section to see what you've purchased from your points total and what you've added back to your account. The promotional points would be listed as "Points added" without a "View" link next to it, since they're "gifted" points by Microsoft.[/quote]

[quote name='crunchewy']I'm still waffling on Deathspank and NHL 3 on 3. The latter I haven't tried the demo of yet, and while it's hard to resist at 200 points, I usually suck at sports games... however... I've generally liked ones that dispensed with the complexity and kept it simple, so I really need to try it tonight.

Nothing for me from Rockstar since, unless I'm mistaken, they have no download games, but would love to see Namco stuff go on sale, especially Pac-Mac CE DX, just like everybody else.[/QUOTE]

NHL 3 on 3 is a ton of fun to play. How can you not like a hockey game with NO PENALTIES! Its simple and easy to pick up. Great as a party game to play with 4 local people.

Man I hope all the bioshock 2 dlc goes on sale. I never wanted to get them before when they were on sale because I wasn't into the multiplayer. Looking foward to Mirena's Den. Does anyone have an estimated time of how long it takes to fully complete.

[quote name='DaMonStEr']Anyone know what time the ea 50% off sale ends tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

If you're on the fence about anything, you should pick it up ASAP. I imagine in the morning the deal will expire.

Caved and grabbed both DeathSpanks. Here's hoping for a THQ week so Xbox gamers can get in on cheap Costume Quest, and maybe--just maybe--a discount on Stacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back