XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the LIVE Rewards is just for purchasing more points in October, so it's safe to go ahead and buy to our hearts' content.

EDIT: Whoops, I'm super late.

I know its not a deal on XBLA, but the game Rock of Ages really surprised me. It kinda came out of nowhere. You would be doing yourself a dis-service if you didnt at least download the demo and give it a whirl.

[quote name='eastx']Jazzman, YourShape 2012 is supposed to be a big improvement over part 1. It's out on November 8, so I would really just skip straight to that.[/QUOTE]

Thanks but I wonder if the DLC will also be compatible with the 2012 version.

[quote name='Rollobobo']I know its not a deal on XBLA, but the game Rock of Ages really surprised me. It kinda came out of nowhere. You would be doing yourself a dis-service if you didnt at least download the demo and give it a whirl.[/QUOTE]

Agreed! Really enjoyed the trial

[quote name='Thrinn']It's bad enough that a video game system is plagued with any advertisements at all, let alone so many ads that people can't find the promotions that interest them.[/QUOTE]
The ads wouldn't be so obnoxious if they were fewer and more relevant. Do I really need to see 3-5 identical ads plastered across my dash? A few times, I've even had 3 dupes all in the same channel.

This is the first time I've been unable to access the DotW or 1-Day sales tabs on the dash. I'm glad I could get the sales info here.

I'm grabbing Outland & Hydrophobia. At that price, I can overlook Hydro's flaws.
Torchlight was tempting at 400 points, but I think I'll continue to wait on the possibility of Torchlight 2.

[quote name='reddjoey']Current Monthly Rewards (October):

-Purchase or redeem 2800 Points or more and get 140 back - Offer is valid for any online Microsoft Points purchase with credit card or any retail Microsoft Points token purchase that is redeemed between October 1, 2011 and October 31, 2011.[/QUOTE]

Its a shame that they are giving such a low amont of points($1.75) for spending $35.

And it sucks that I just bought some of the one day deal items and it showed up as me having bought it in September. Oh well, probably wasn't going to reach $35 spent anyway.

[quote name='GuardianE']The rebate isn't for marketplace purchases. It's for buying points or redeeming an XBL points card.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, that sucks also. Oh well, not like 140 points is anything anyway.

[quote name='Scholarly_Sam']Its a shame that they are giving such a low amont of points($1.75) for spending $35.

And it sucks that I just bought some of the one day deal items and it showed up as me having bought it in September. Oh well, probably wasn't going to reach $35 spent anyway.[/QUOTE]

The rebate isn't for marketplace purchases. It's for buying points or redeeming an XBL points card.

[quote name='jazzman']Thanks but I wonder if the DLC will also be compatible with the 2012 version.[/QUOTE]

Doubtful. I'm just saying, part 1 of YourShape is okay but obviously a rushed launch title. It's good but has lots of little problems that won't be present in the sequel. If you're mainly interested in the Bollywood content, I'm sure they'll release something similar for part 2.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']I only have 700ish points and am forced to choose between Torchlight and Outland. I already have Torchlight on PC, but I played the trial and was pleasantly surprised at how well it controlled. The interface was well designed as well IMO. It'd be a great couch game. The Outland trial was great too though. Ack, choices.[/QUOTE]

Bought Outland yesterday. Played through the first two bosses already. Outland is an incredible game. So far it's right up there with my favorite xbla game (Braid, Shadow Complex, Limbo). It's a must buy for $5. There is no game like it. The light and darkness switching mechanism moves the game beyond being a castlevania clone. An original and refreshing reinvention of the old school 2d side scrolling action platformer.

Agreed with the above about Outland and I've really been enjoying it. I also picked up Ghostbusters, Moon Diver, and BCR2 and have been at least entertained by all of them. The former 2 have decent co-op modes but are tough to find games at the hours I've been up lately. Moon Diver feels a lot like recent Konami titles with the endless grinding for high levels, some weird localization, and tough achievements.

I'd like to go through them at least once on co-op so drop me a FR if you want to run through these and are up in the middle of the night.

I already had Torchlight from the 800 point sale but have gotten in some great time with it since then. I really missed out on dungeon crawlers over the years and this game has really made me crave RPGs in general for the first time since Secret of Mana. I think I'm the reverse of what I keep hearing about Torchlight: it makes me want to play Diablo because I hear it is so much like Torchlight. :)

[quote name='gubmccargen']Agreed with the above about Outland and I've really been enjoying it. I also picked up Ghostbusters, Moon Diver, and BCR2 and have been at least entertained by all of them. The former 2 have decent co-op modes but are tough to find games at the hours I've been up lately. Moon Diver feels a lot like recent Konami titles with the endless grinding for high levels, some weird localization, and tough achievements.

I'd like to go through them at least once on co-op so drop me a FR if you want to run through these and are up in the middle of the night.

I already had Torchlight from the 800 point sale but have gotten in some great time with it since then. I really missed out on dungeon crawlers over the years and this game has really made me crave RPGs in general for the first time since Secret of Mana. I think I'm the reverse of what I keep hearing about Torchlight: it makes me want to play Diablo because I hear it is so much like Torchlight. :)[/QUOTE]

Diablo is nothing like Torchlight :p. There's like 50 times more content.

-Purchase or redeem 2800 Points or more and get 140 back - Offer is valid for any online Microsoft Points purchase with credit card or any retail Microsoft Points token purchase that is redeemed between October 1, 2011 and October 31, 2011.[/QUOTE]

Damn, redeemed a 2100 points card yesterday. Knew I should've held off. :(

Well that's a shitty reward for redeeming that many points but I've got a 4000 point card coming in the mail from ebay so I guess 140 points for something I was going to do anyways isn't bad. I know we shouldn't complain about something that's free but xbox live rewards really are shitty from month to month.

Not bad on the October Rewards thing, makes it so I bought 4140 points for $35. Then I'll get 100 from surveys and I'll still be at a number divisible by 80 ($1).

Got Torchlight last night and played a little of it, very fun game (and a good way to calm down after playing some Dead Space 2 lol). Got Shank too, may go ahead and get Yar's Revenge not sure yet.

I ended up buying Island of Wakfu, Section 8, Outland and Bionic Commando: Rearmed. I would've bought Path of Go but by the time I was done with the trial, the price had changed.

I saw hydrophobia advertised at 240 on live but when clicked on it said 800 points. SMH Take down the add. I was gonna get it then see if they correct do to ad but nah. How is star raiders?

5% back on redeeming point cards seems pretty lame, but oh well. I have 4800 points to redeem anyway, guess it's a good thing I held off so far. Time to grab the sale games I wanted.

Thanks for all the input. I'll be picking up Outland. Seeing as I own Torchlight on PC and with Torchlight2 coming in the next few months, buying the XBLA version does seem pretty silly to me now.

I got Tourchlight, Bionic Commando: Rearmed, and Outland. I have enough points for one more 400 point game, thinking about The Maw, Serious Sam, Ghostbusters, or... maybe I should save points?

[quote name='radioactivez0r']5% back on redeeming point cards seems pretty lame, but oh well. I have 4800 points to redeem anyway, guess it's a good thing I held off so far. Time to grab the sale games I wanted.[/QUOTE]
It's only "5% back" if you redeem the bare minimum 2800 points. The 140 points is a fixed amount.

I ended up getting Trouble Witches Neo because I like anime and shmups. Where the hell does it say that all games in this genre need terrible voice acting and a bad plot? It's not even comical, and I find it a shame that they ruined the potential of the awesome gameplay by making everything else suck. I'd only recommend it if you make full use of the Mute button.

I thought TWN's dialogue/story was cute at times. The Persian shop owner girl remaining convinced that someone else was the hero all the way through beating the final boss and then at the end wanting none of that hero nonsense made me smile.

But yeah, the voice acting in both Japan and English competes to be more annoying than the other.

Grabbing Outland. Already have (and recommend) Monday Night Combat. Anything else on that list recommended for a Brad Shoemaker type of gamer?

Bugger, already redeemed 4200 in September. In fairness, it did cost me £13.49 in offers that aren't on anymore so I did save more than the frankly laughable rebate. I'd have expected at least 400 for that.

So I picked up Outland and Moon Diver and Section 8 DLC, already had or didn't want the other stuff.

This time last year I'd have championed Monday Night Combat. When we had promises of ongoing support and updates. But now? Now I wouldn't advise anyone to give Uber any money because they're a bunch of bloody traitors.

So I fell asleep last night before taking advantage of the one-day sale. Woke up this morning and saw that the page was still up via my console. Hooray! So I bought Hydrophobia and The Path of Go and was about to get the Your Shape add-on when I noticed that the price for that one was the regular MSRP. Ooooops. So I check on my prior purchases and sure enought - MSRP for both! So now I'm on eternal hold with XBL Support trying to get it fixed. My family will probably one day find my skeletal remains holding the phone waiting for any kind of response. . .

[quote name='SkylineChili4Me']So I fell asleep last night before taking advantage of the one-day sale. Woke up this morning and saw that the page was still up via my console. Hooray! So I bought Hydrophobia and The Path of Go and was about to get the Your Shape add-on when I noticed that the price for that one was the regular MSRP. Ooooops. So I check on my prior purchases and sure enought - MSRP for both! So now I'm on eternal hold with XBL Support trying to get it fixed. My family will probably one day find my skeletal remains holding the phone waiting for any kind of response. . .[/QUOTE]
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:applause:

[quote name='SMBScooby']Does anyone know when the extreme sell end and when the deal of the week end.[/QUOTE]

Both end Monday. New deal of the week always starts on Tuesdays unless they change the schedule again.

SON OF A B.......! My family suprised me with a 4000 point card for my Bday yesterday & I redeemed it last night. Oh well its onlt 140 MS, not even enough for a RB3 DLC

[quote name='agentcoop007']SON OF A B.......! My family suprised me with a 4000 point card for my Bday yesterday & I redeemed it last night. Oh well its onlt 140 MS, not even enough for a RB3 DLC[/QUOTE]

Lol I redeemed a 4000 points card yesterday, too

Gotta say, Torchlight is a hell of a lot more enjoyable for me with a controller. Feels like 5 bucks well spent. Maybe I'll finally even beat it this time around.

[quote name='Coltin']Lol I redeemed a 4000 points card yesterday, too[/QUOTE]

same here, o well I guess we have to leave that 1$ on the table lol

Sooooo let me get this straight.

Let's say I bought 800 MSP, then spent them. Does that count as 1,600, or just 800, since it says spend OR redeem. Though I don't get why it's 140 when they could've gone for 160/$2.

[quote name='Zonic505']Sooooo let me get this straight.

Let's say I bought 800 MSP, then spent them. Does that count as 1,600, or just 800, since it says spend OR redeem. Though I don't get why it's 140 when they could've gone for 160/$2.[/QUOTE]

800. The promo is only to buy/redeem the points, not to use them.

[quote name='Zonic505']Sooooo let me get this straight.

Let's say I bought 800 MSP, then spent them. Does that count as 1,600, or just 800, since it says spend OR redeem. Though I don't get why it's 140 when they could've gone for 160/$2.[/QUOTE]

By redeem, they mean redeem a points card not spend the points.

Ahhh, okay. Well, at the moment, I only plan on getting points for Guardian Heroes & Space Channel 5 Part 2, so that's $20 right there. Good thing I tend to usually waits for a game's release or sale to get points.

[quote name='Sir Daniel Fortesque']Really glad I picked up Outland. It's absolutely freaking gorgeous and atmospheric.[/QUOTE]

I just started playing it also. The quality gap between downloadable and retail games has narrowed much faster than the price gap.

just grabbed Outland too...

now I'm debating between Monday Night Combat, Trouble Witches and Star Raiders. Probably just gonna get one more, though I wanna just buy them all. Gotta control myself haha.

I'm totally sorry for not reading previous posts to see if this was mentioned, but I am pissed. The Extreme Sale isn't showing up on my profile, but it is on my girlfriend's. So I didn't know about it until today because I assumed the only one this week was the shitty D&D game. Only reason I knew about it was because my girlfriend luckily saw it. Missed out on friday, but at least I'm not gonna miss out on the rest.

EDIT: Also, anyone have any opinions on Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2, Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime, and Star Raiders?

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']I'm totally sorry for not reading previous posts to see if this was mentioned, but I am pissed. The Extreme Sale isn't showing up on my profile, but it is on my girlfriend's. So I didn't know about it until today because I assumed the only one this week was the shitty D&D game. Only reason I knew about it was because my girlfriend luckily saw it. Missed out on friday, but at least I'm not gonna miss out on the rest.

EDIT: Also, anyone have any opinions on Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2, Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime, and Star Raiders?[/QUOTE]

Can't say for Bionic Commando or Star Raiders, but Ghostbusters SoS IMHO is just a re-skinned basic stick based shooter (i.e. Zombie Apocalypse). The game is more or less a giant money grab with a popular name. Best way to put it is that its not bad for a stick shooter, but don't go in expecting Ghostbusters awesomeness. I would suggest to try the demo if its your sort of game.

Was going to buy Hydrophobia but just looked at a couple reviews to be sure and by the time I was done, it had gone back up to full price. Oh well. Too bad people who work seem to lose out on the best deals :-({|=

[quote name='alamak']Was going to buy Hydrophobia but just looked at a couple reviews to be sure and by the time I was done, it had gone back up to full price. Oh well. Too bad people who work seem to lose out on the best deals :-({|=[/QUOTE]

You aren't missing a thing.

I bought that game; thus far it's the only XBLA regret I have.

Well thanks to you guys I picked up Outland, Torchlight and The Maw this weekend. Now I have to find time to actually get to all three...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back