XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why they don't drop the price on more games history shows I buy when the price drops. I am still waiting for a perfect dark drop. I just perfer to spend up to 400 points unless it is super awesome.

I also played alien breed 3 that game was alright I hope they release a comp here.

Gonna download PACMAN CE DX as soon as I get home

Edit: got it! I forget that once you download the demo, the full game is already on your hard drive. you're just paying to unlock the full game. Yay!

[quote name='gepet0'] I am still waiting for a perfect dark drop. I just perfer to spend up to 400 points unless it is super awesome.

[/QUOTE]

Perfect Dark was one of the 1 day deals over the Holidays.
I grabbed it then.

[quote name='gepet0']I don't know why they don't drop the price on more games history shows I buy when the price drops. I am still waiting for a perfect dark drop. I just perfer to spend up to 400 points unless it is super awesome. I also played alien breed 3 that game was alright I hope they release a comp here.[/QUOTE]
No, Perfect Dark is not awesome. It was a stretch for me to pick up @ 400pts, only because I wanted to get past the ugly first building & see what the hype was about.

Yes, the Alien Breed series is coming in a compilation disc very soon! Linkage:
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/26/alien-breed-trilogy-headed-to-retail-on-xbox-360-march-18/

[quote name='Cornelius']No, Perfect Dark is not awesome. It was a stretch for me to pick up @ 400pts, only because I wanted to get past the ugly first building & see what the hype was about.[/url][/QUOTE]

Best part about Perfect Dark on XBLA is the inclusion of Goldeneye maps, guns and skins in MP :D Too bad no one's ever playing it, at least the last time I checked.

[quote name='Cornelius']No, Perfect Dark is not awesome. It was a stretch for me to pick up @ 400pts, only because I wanted to get past the ugly first building & see what the hype was about.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/26/alien-breed-trilogy-headed-to-retail-on-xbox-360-march-18/[/QUOTE]

If you go back a couple pages, we discussed that the disc might be UK only. If you read the Press Release it only mentions the UK.:cool:

[quote name='Cornelius']No, Perfect Dark is not awesome. It was a stretch for me to pick up @ 400pts, only because I wanted to get past the ugly first building & see what the hype was about.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/26/alien-breed-trilogy-headed-to-retail-on-xbox-360-march-18/[/QUOTE]

Hype from people who aren't wrapped up in making "zomg teh ugliez" comments. I hate it when people can't appreciate a game based on game play.

Picked up Pac-Man, as it's the one I voted for. Castlevania was only offered 33% off? Come on now, go lower.

Glad I had PAC-man demo already downloaded. Otherwise it wouldve taken 3 days. Something serious is up with my ISP, it literally took 20 min to do 20MB...and I am totally helpless as they have the monopoly around here.

I need to be downloading stuff, but I can't do anything about it. You just don't realize how convenient the Internet is until you're resorted back to dial-up speeds :(

Here is this month's Xbox Live Rewards promotion:
Stay Gold and earn 5% back on all your March Marketplace purchases!*

*March Marketplace rebate is based on staying Gold continuously through March 2011. Xbox LIVE Marketplace purchase transactions can include any selection of paid content, including movies, TV shows, game add-ons, Arcade games, Games on Demand titles, Avatars and Themes. Excludes Microsoft Points purchases or subscriptions. Your total March spend will be calculated at the end of the month and 5% rebate applied. This reward will be credited to your MyRewards Summary in April.

Now I wish I'd waited on buying Pac-Man. Could have gotten 20 points back. ;) Seriously, this promo is pretty crappy. I suppose, though, if you buy a lot of Rock Band tracks it could add up... to a buck or two.

[quote name='crunchewy']Now I wish I'd waited on buying Pac-Man. Could have gotten 20 points back. ;) Seriously, this promo is pretty crappy. I suppose, though, if you buy a lot of Rock Band tracks it could add up... to a buck or two.[/QUOTE]
I mean, if you grabbed a 1600 point game, that would be 320 points 80 points back. Not massive, maybe, but significant. Sort of lame indeed.

[quote name='mokmoof']I mean, if you grabbed a 1600 point game, that would be 320 points back. Not massive, maybe, but significant.[/QUOTE]

I think you may want to check your math on that one?...
i think 5% of 1600 is 80 points back

[quote name='infinitelegacy']I think you may want to check your math on that one?...
i think 5% of 1600 is 80 points back[/QUOTE]
How I got in my head that it was 20% back, I'm not sure. You're totally right.

[quote name='reddjoey']If you go back a couple pages, we discussed that the disc might be UK only. If you read the Press Release it only mentions the UK.:cool:[/QUOTE]

Just re-read the press release (I read it when it first was announced to write a post on my website) and unless my eyes are just that blurry this morning still the only mention of UK at all in the press release is that the publisher is the top publisher in the UK. I didn't see anything to indicate the release would be UK only. I think someone saw UK in the press release and people just kept repeating it.

[/QUOTE]

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you never owned a N64...

I caved on Pac-Man last night (it was a no-brainer really). I would have waited until today though if I knew of the promotion. 20 points is 20 points!

just noticed on the 360 dashboard Game Marketplace: "Movies, Games, Madness" special.

XBLA:
TMNT: Turtles In Time Re-Shelled=400 ms points (50% off)
Star Trek D-A-C=400 ms points (50% off)
Starkiller Dual Lightsaber=200 ms points (50% off) --It was FREE earlier as posted on here--
Tron Blue Anon Prop (Light Cycle Prop)=50% off

-Everything else shown is @ regular price, didn't see anything else discounted other than what I stated above-

XBL Arcade game Star Trek D-A-C also has some FREE "Deluxe Edition DLC" as well by the way. TMNT the original classic for 200 ms points ($2.50) is a steal and great to play online co-op with as well.

Anyone wanna comment on TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled? I heard it was a terrible remake compared to the original Turtles in Time.

[quote name='Zonic505']Anyone wanna comment on TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled? I heard it was a terrible remake compared to the original Turtles in Time.[/QUOTE]

It's been on sale previously for 400 ms points so if u missed out on the sale before, now is the time to get it. It's worth the 400 ms points. I think you can complete the game in about an hour (which is a + for me as I don't like to spend 7 hours playing an xbla game to complete it), it's got online co-op and other features...looks good too in HD.

[quote name='Zonic505']Anyone wanna comment on TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled? I heard it was a terrible remake compared to the original Turtles in Time.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't recommend it. I got it for 200 points (during either the thanksgiving or xmas sale) and felt ripped off. Played through it once with a friend and we both decided we never wanted to play it again. This coming from a huge fan of beat em ups and the original game. Would have much preferred a straight port with the original graphics over this atrocity.

Ok, I added the new sales to the 2 post in the OP. I'm not seeing it on the dash, so I'm going off what I read here.

I put TMNT 89 in the drops since it wasn't mentioned in the sale. If I got anything wrong, let me know so I can correct it ASAP

@crookshow: Yeah, I've heard that it was horrible compared to the original Arcade/SNES game, which made me decide to not get it.

Hoping for other games &/or add-ons to be released/discounted this month aside from BG&E HD so I can take advantage of that 5% deal.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Just re-read the press release (I read it when it first was announced to write a post on my website) and unless my eyes are just that blurry this morning still the only mention of UK at all in the press release is that the publisher is the top publisher in the UK. I didn't see anything to indicate the release would be UK only. I think someone saw UK in the press release and people just kept repeating it.[/QUOTE]

There's also the fact that the release date is written dd/mm/yy format and is on a Friday, which is when games typically are released in the UK, and not a Tuesday when they are released in the U.S. It's also still not up on Amazon.com but it IS up on Amazon.co.uk.

You're welcome and redjoey, you should add that Star Trek D-A-C has some free dlc as I previously stated..maybe that'll help sway some votes for the game to some people.

TMNT 1987 will not let you play 2 local + 2 online multiplayer. This was a bust after I paid $5 for it.

Will reshelled allow you to do this?

[quote name='seanr1221']It was never 15.00.[/QUOTE]
This.

I Remember everyone being so excited for the game and the 800 point price sold alot of people on the game. Then people actually played it...

[quote name='intoxicated662']Anyone else getting Star Trek DAC? Maybe get a few online games going. Also, saw on there that Prince of Persia Classic is also 400 ms points (50% off)[/QUOTE]

Will add PoP to the OP. Added a note for the D-A-C DLC

I enjoyed Reshelled, though I think I only played through it once with a buddy... HUGE fan of the original so they didn't have to work very hard on me :p

How's D-A-C? I've been tempted to buy that for awhile now. Oh, and if you haven't bought Pac-Man yet, wtf are you doing!? DX is so fun. And I was never a big fan of Pac-Man. :p

[quote name='bardockkun']This.

I Remember everyone being so excited for the game and the 800 point price sold alot of people on the game. Then people actually played it...[/QUOTE]

My bad, my recollection is off - it was GOING to be $15 until a massive shitstorm successfully convinced them to knock it down to $10 at launch. I paid that.

Other than the factual inaccuracy, what I said initially still applies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back