XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone here decides to pick up RAD at their GS, do you mind if you could maybe try to snag two copies of it? I might want to trade for a copy of it

Hmm, is the arcade version of Golden Axe in Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection? Or just the Genesis version of Golden Axe? I don't want to waste 200 Microsoft Points, if the arcade version is on the Genesis Collection...:whistle2:k

[quote name='SEGA128DC']Hmm, is the arcade version of Golden Axe in Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection? Or just the Genesis version of Golden Axe? I don't want to waste 200 Microsoft Points, if the arcade version is on the Genesis Collection...:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

I believe it is the Genesis version that's in UGC

[quote name='drawingboard']So is the free Gold this weekend only for people in the UK? Its not working here in the states.[/QUOTE]
It's Europe, Middle East, and Africa only. What IS being unlocked worldwide this weekend is Kinect Sports.

Hey, so the Ilomilo DLC is 240 points...is that a sale price or the normal price? If it's a sale price I may pick it up along with the game, but if that's the normal price I may hope for a sale and use it as a reason to play the game again.

[quote name='Skydude']Hey, so the Ilomilo DLC is 240 points...is that a sale price or the normal price? If it's a sale price I may pick it up along with the game, but if that's the normal price I may hope for a sale and use it as a reason to play the game again.[/QUOTE]

That's the regular price.

So I guess I should have been paying more attention to this thread before I bought a ton of the Sega games that were on sale this week. I bought them at my brother's place so we could play online but I guess I just screwed myself. I can't get the game to show as unlocked on my home Xbox. I deleted the game and re-downloaded and it still shows as a trial. Thanks Sega.

You just admitted fault, don't blame sega. By the way, it's the same with all other dlc content and you should read the fine print as well. Bookmark the thread also that'll help. Anyways, I picked up Happy Tree Friends and it's okay for the price. Now debating on whether or not to get Peggle nights dlc. Still haven't gotten my 5% back for the march purchases.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']So I guess I should have been paying more attention to this thread before I bought a ton of the Sega games that were on sale this week. I bought them at my brother's place so we could play online but I guess I just screwed myself. I can't get the game to show as unlocked on my home Xbox. I deleted the game and re-downloaded and it still shows as a trial. Thanks Sega.[/QUOTE]

You can do a license transfer, but you only get one a year...

[quote name='eastx']You can do a license transfer, but you only get one a year...[/QUOTE]
You can only do one a year by yourself. Apparently you can call them to arrange more than one in the same year. ^^

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Is virtual On worth the 600 msp? I don't have the option of trying out the trial as I won't be home till next week.[/QUOTE]

If you're into mech style fighting games, it will be worth it to you, mostly because it's rarely on sale. If you're not into mech fighting games, I say do some more research via YouTube and metacritic.

[quote name='gundamb0i']How many Total Microsoft points can you have on your xbox account?[/QUOTE]

I know you can have over 76,000 for sure. That was my peak once when I bought a bunch for 49 percent off at fred meyer. I still spent a few hundred dollars.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']So I guess I should have been paying more attention to this thread before I bought a ton of the Sega games that were on sale this week. I bought them at my brother's place so we could play online but I guess I just screwed myself. I can't get the game to show as unlocked on my home Xbox. I deleted the game and re-downloaded and it still shows as a trial. Thanks Sega.[/QUOTE]

Well if your account bought them on his system, all you should have to do is be connected to Live to play them. My brother and I "share" games all the time this way. Whatever he buys, he buys them on my system, and vice versa. Just the purchaser will need to be connected to Live to play them on his system later. No license transfer needed this way.

[quote name='mistermoravec']I know you can have over 76,000 for sure. That was my peak once when I bought a bunch for 49 percent off at fred meyer. I still spent a few hundred dollars.[/QUOTE]

That is an insane amount of MS bucks.

[quote name='mrosnwo']Well if your account bought them on his system, all you should have to do is be connected to Live to play them. My brother and I "share" games all the time this way. Whatever he buys, he buys them on my system, and vice versa. Just the purchaser will need to be connected to Live to play them on his system later. No license transfer needed this way.[/QUOTE]

It's been mentioned several times in this thread already, Sega DRM is a bit screwy and this isn't as guaranteed as it is supposed to be.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he was logged in when he bought it and logged in when he tried to play it and still couldn't because I've had the exact same issue before with a Sega game.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Is virtual On worth the 600 msp? I don't have the option of trying out the trial as I won't be home till next week.[/QUOTE]

well worth the price. I missed playing Mech Assault from the original xbox and this was good enough for me. It's easy to play and get the hang of, easy achievements, nice graphics and all. I'd rather spend 600 ms points on this now than later on regretting it and maybe even waiting for it to go on sale again (good luck) or even giving in and buying it for full price. the online achievements can be obtained easily just ask someone on here.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']It's been mentioned several times in this thread already, Sega DRM is a bit screwy and this isn't as guaranteed as it is supposed to be.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he was logged in when he bought it and logged in when he tried to play it and still couldn't because I've had the exact same issue before with a Sega game.[/QUOTE]

This. I'm well aware of license transfers. I'm on my 3rd Xbox. I am signed into Xbox Live when I try to play and I still can't. There is no fault here. I was merely taking advantage of a system that has been in place for a long time. There is no harm is sharing my games. I will not do a license transfer for these. I'll just play them at his place if I can't figure out a way to do so without a transfer.

[quote name='reddjoey']The free gold weekend is for EU only, so I took it out the OP. Sorry about the confusion.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, we aren't mad at you, we are just mad at Microsoft

and I'm really hoping for a Namco sale next week, I have been wanting SC1 to go on sale for a while now

If anyone is still on the fence about VO do yourself a favor and buy it. It's not going to go lower in the future if it ever goes on sale again. I was shocked they didn't just go with the 800msp price from the one and only previous sale.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']This. I'm well aware of license transfers. I'm on my 3rd Xbox. I am signed into Xbox Live when I try to play and I still can't. There is no fault here. I was merely taking advantage of a system that has been in place for a long time. There is no harm is sharing my games. I will not do a license transfer for these. I'll just play them at his place if I can't figure out a way to do so without a transfer.[/QUOTE]

For your situation, there is a way to get these games to play without doing the license transfer. When the games show up as a demo even if you are signed in you have to redownload it from within the game. I don't remember exactly how it works and which options you need to choose to get it to work. Me and a friend had these same issues a few years ago with the sega games and customer service walked us through the process. You have to do the redownload thing every time you want to play the game as well. Not the greatest but it is possible to get the games to work. Sorry I can't be more specific on the process.

[quote name='carldisc']For your situation, there is a way to get these games to play without doing the license transfer. When the games show up as a demo even if you are signed in you have to redownload it from within the game. I don't remember exactly how it works and which options you need to choose to get it to work. Me and a friend had these same issues a few years ago with the sega games and customer service walked us through the process. You have to do the redownload thing every time you want to play the game as well. Not the greatest but it is possible to get the games to work. Sorry I can't be more specific on the process.[/QUOTE]

Re downloading the "unlock full game" can work as a temp fix, although I've had it not work as well. Worth trying this to see though.

Save states drastically reduce the challenge in most of the Sega games, but even still, I wouldn't call Phantasy Star II easy. It's like at least 30-40 hours unless you have experience with the game.

[quote name='freshzen']Gunstar Heroes seems like more of a 6-7/10 to me, but I seem to be the only person on my friends list who hasn't completed the game.[/QUOTE]

4/10 sounds about right to me. I thought they were very easy and that was my first time playing Gunstar Heroes.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Save states drastically reduce the challenge in most of the Sega games, but even still, I wouldn't call Phantasy Star II easy. It's like at least 30-40 hours unless you have experience with the game.[/QUOTE]

But they are unmissable, right?

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Save states drastically reduce the challenge in most of the Sega games, but even still, I wouldn't call Phantasy Star II easy. It's like at least 30-40 hours unless you have experience with the game.[/QUOTE]

360A's system rates a game based on difficulty not time it takes. I know that seems a bit contradictory, but if a game takes 40 hours but you will get every achievement without effort, it is a 1.

I would rate Sonic and Knuckles as very easy, but getting some of those emeralds is a total pain in the ass. I must of quit and re-loaded the save at the start of the bonus round 20 times for the last emerald.

Once you have the save feature all the Sonic's are fairly easy, except 1, I still have issues with 1.

[quote name='eastx']But they are unmissable, right?[/QUOTE]

Yup, 1 full play through and you have everything. I guess that's why it's rated so low. I'm mainly just remember the nightmare that was the maze-like dungeons (which were honestly quite brilliant).

[quote name='Repede']Don't worry, we aren't mad at you, we are just mad at Microsoft

and I'm really hoping for a Namco sale next week, I have been wanting SC1 to go on sale for a while now[/QUOTE]
The US people got a Free weekend when the European people didn't ;)

Any secret easter sales?

[quote name='Stephan123']The US people got a Free weekend when the European people didn't ;)

Any secret easter sales?[/QUOTE]

I'll go in reverse order.

Haven't seen any secret sales. I'm kinda glad since I'm still working on finals.

About the free Gold weekend, Major Nelson said this:
I wanted to remind everyone that this weekend is a Free Gold Weekend for European Xbox LIVE members.

Thanks for all your hard work on this thread reddjoey, didn't pick up anything on this week's sale, just waiting for Nin2 Jump and Trouble Witches Neo to come out this week

I'm going to be real disappointed come Tuesday if M$ breaks the steak and doesn't have another huge sale. Here's hoping for Konami, Namco or maybe that Pinball FX sale they teased a while back with the Gold Member's choice poll.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I'm going to be real disappointed come Tuesday if M$ breaks the steak and doesn't have another huge sale. Here's hoping for Namco or maybe that Pinball FX sale they teased a while back with the Gold Member's choice poll.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm getting used to expecting one every week too. This sense of entitlement we are developing is not good :cry:

Entitled may be a strong word for it. I feel more like it's a rollercoaster ride. You don't know when it'll end but you'll be sad when it does. Let's go one more time!

Man I don't even know if there's something left on the marketplace for me to buy. I even ended up buying Plants Vs Zombies yet again because my nephew was making puppy dog eyes at me after he saw the ad on the dash and the bastards locked co-op behind the trial. And of course co-op ended up locked behind adventure mode because someone somewhere is an asshole.

It's far too soon for Stacking and Torchlight to go on sale I guess, right?

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Entitled may be a strong word for it. I feel more like it's a rollercoaster ride. You don't know when it'll end but you'll be sad when it does. Let's go one more time![/QUOTE]

I think "entitled" is spot on. While a portion of us will merely be sad or disappointed, I suspect more people will feel (unjustifiably) angry and cheated if it goes back to the old one or two item deal of week format with no additional sales.
And promptly nerdrage all over the thread.

Not quite as off-topic as all that mech-talk:

RvB Grifball prop is only 80 points. It seems uncharacteristically low for being such a nice little prop. MS usually sets unique props like that around 240. I'm still annoyed at the Classic Tron Helmet being 240 :oldman:

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']Man I don't even know if there's something left on the marketplace for me to buy. I even ended up buying Plants Vs Zombies yet again because my nephew was making puppy dog eyes at me after he saw the ad on the dash and the bastards locked co-op behind the trial. And of course co-op ended up locked behind adventure mode because someone somewhere is an asshole.[/QUOTE]

What exactly do you mean they locked up the co-op behind adventure mode? You mean the co-op option in the menu? It's been awhile since I played. You can start adventure mode and hit start on a second controller and play through the whole thing together. The co-op mode in the menu is something different.

First....thanks for the hard work keeping this thread clean, Joey. Much appreciated.

Second......I think we're totally spoiled with all these great deals! I can't keep up and my XBLA backlog alone is getting crazy. The publisher specific deals, like the one Sega is running, are crazy good. Let alone the deals of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back