XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kidrocklive']Is it worth it to get both Deathspank games (if they're both on sale)?[/QUOTE]
I've only played the first one on PSN, but it's awesome. I'm going to pick both up for XBLA for this sale - the game's good enough to play through again.

Did anyone else notice that the MS ad for the game states "more than 25 pieces", and the list from EA only has 22?
I wonder if there are going to be a few suprises? (or if they decided, 'ahhh close enough' - LOL)

I'm updating and EA's site says "50% off" and MS's promo says "up to 50% off". I'm on the fence about if I should put the sale prices up early. I guess I'll put them up there and make a note

I'm in for the COD 2 and COD: WAW map packs.

Those are still my favorite COD games in the series.

COD 2 for 4-player split-screen, WAW for online.

[quote name='simmias']I've only played the first one on PSN, but it's awesome. I'm going to pick both up for XBLA for this sale - the game's good enough to play through again.[/QUOTE]

I did the same when it was on sale for $7.49 on PSN. I've been holding out for a sale on the sequel, so I'll definitely be buying Thongs of Virtue for XBLA.

[quote name='tunavi']The sale starts on January 18th, and you’ll be able to save 50% on all of these awesome titles:

Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening
Dragon Age: Origins - The Golems of Amgarrak
Dragon Age: Origins - The Darkspawn Chronicles
Dragon Age: Origins - Witch Hunt
Dragon Age: Origins - Leliana's Song
Medal of Honor - Hot Zone Pack
Battlefield 1943
DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue
DeathSpank
RISK: Factions
Madden NFL Arcade
Hasbro Family Game Night: Battleship
Hasbro Family Game Night: Scrabble
Hasbro Family Game Night: Boggle
NHL 3 on 3 Arcade
MicroBot
Madden NFL 11 Max Pack
NCAA Football 11 - NCAA Power Pack
Tiger 11 - Favorites Course Pack
FIFA 11 - Live Season All Leagues
Fight Night Round 4 - Champions Pack II
NHL 11 - 20th Anniversary Bauer Boost Pack

Source: http://www.ea.com/news/ea-announces-huge-xbox-sale[/QUOTE]

thanks i will have to try out the death spanks and microbot. i either have everything else or am not interested in it. i know for a fact that madden nfl arcade and nhl 3 on 3 arcade have been on sale before as well as the hasbro family game night games and bf1943. not sure about anything else in there. if you are looking for a fun arcade style hockey game i recommend nhl 3 on 3 arcade.

Scrabble is on the Hasbro Family Game Night compilation disc. You can get 1400 of 1850 from the disc and have to buy the final 3 games for the last 450 points.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']I did the same when it was on sale for $7.49 on PSN. I've been holding out for a sale on the sequel, so I'll definitely be buying Thongs of Virtue for XBLA.[/QUOTE]

Same for me, definitely been enjoying the first game and I can spend the same price in space bucks for the second one. Also thinking about Risk Factions, I've been eying it for a while.

[quote name='sanger']Scrabble is on the Hasbro Family Game Night compilation disc. You can get 1400 of 1850 from the disc and have to buy the final 3 games for the last 450 points.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, for some reason some lists don't have Scrabble. I fixed it in the OP.

Still debating on Assault Heroes 2. 1 was fun but I'm thinking 200 points is more my price for each. Also flailing on the Tranformers DLC. Haven't gotten to it yet in my backlog but I think I would like the DLC characters.

As I said before, I think Assault Heroes 2 is overly long, difficult, and boring compared to the first game. You're safe skipping it.

[quote name='eastx']As I said before, I think Assault Heroes 2 is overly long, difficult, and boring compared to the first game. You're safe skipping it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I'll pass on it then. Trying to save points for the EA sale in case I decide to bite on Deathspank.

I disagree. For 400 ms points, you can't go wrong on Assault Heroes 2. You're getting both games for 600 ms points which is less than even ah2 @ retail price (aka 800 ms points) so you'll be winning ahead and have the whole series. Ah2 has online play too and I had more fun playing that than part 1 but to each their own. Still, 400 ms points for it isn't a bad deal unless u wanna wait another year or so to save 200 ms points.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Still debating on Assault Heroes 2. 1 was fun but I'm thinking 200 points is more my price for each. Also flailing on the Tranformers DLC. Haven't gotten to it yet in my backlog but I think I would like the DLC characters.[/QUOTE]

Was thinking the same about the Transformers DLC for the characters. I have the game in the backlog too, but the lack of achievements have me on the fence.

I played through War for Cybertron a few weeks ago.

It's a very well-made game, but one of those games that just isn't very fun, so I traded it in, and I wouldn't buy the DLC.

I'm not a Transformers fan, so maybe that's why I didn't really like it.

[quote name='bh47']Was thinking the same about the Transformers DLC for the characters. I have the game in the backlog too, but the lack of achievements have me on the fence.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I decided to start playing it finally to see if I wanted the map packs, and I'm still not sure. I just don't want to get em, and a year later or any amount of time and they eventually go free or something.

Anyone else care to share input on to get or not to get?

[quote name='miriamleo']Any reason to get Plants vs Zombies again if I already own it on Steam and iPhone?[/QUOTE]

other than achievments no, if you're looking for exclusive levels or zombies the xbox version doesn't have them

[quote name='nerdtown']other than achievments no, if you're looking for exclusive levels or zombies the xbox version doesn't have them[/QUOTE]

Plants vs Zombies on XBLA has exclusive minigames as well as local coop for the entire campaign. I beat it on Steam and still enjoy the XBLA version very much.

There will be more sales because on Majornelson.com it says
Additionally, from January 18 through January 25, fans can enjoy a special one-time savings of up to 50 percent on more than 25 pieces of Electronic Arts content, including fun Arcade games and more!
For details, please check your Xbox LIVE Dashboard on January 18.

And whats going on sale tomorrow I count 22 items and not 25 :)

[quote name='Stephan123']
And whats going on sale tomorrow I count 22 items and not 25 :)[/QUOTE]

Yea, I mentioned that a page back, and I think we are the only 2 to notice that.

[quote name='ivegotalobon']Well there must be a few surprise ones aswel, as the promo specifically says over 25 items will be reduced, by my count that list is 22[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Cameron4All']Did anyone else notice that the MS ad for the game states "more than 25 pieces", and the list from EA only has 22?
I wonder if there are going to be a few suprises? (or if they decided, 'ahhh close enough' - LOL)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Stephan123']There will be more sales because on Majornelson.com it says
Additionally, from January 18 through January 25, fans can enjoy a special one-time savings of up to 50 percent on more than 25 pieces of Electronic Arts content, including fun Arcade games and more!
For details, please check your Xbox LIVE Dashboard on January 18.

And whats going on sale tomorrow I count 22 items and not 25 :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Cameron4All']Yea, I mentioned that a page back, and I think we are the only 2 to notice that.[/QUOTE]

Nah i beat you to it :cool:

I don't get why they didn't include Plants Vs. Zombies last week when the theme was, ya know, ZOMBIES.

Well, whatever. Hopefully, Major Nelson will make another post on what's coming to Xbox Live Marketplace soon.

[quote name='ivegotalobon']Nah i beat you to it :cool:[/QUOTE]

OH NO!!! You got me!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl: HAHAHA
I guess we will all find out tomorrow. \\:D/ Woo Hoo \\:D/

[quote name='Cameron4All']OH NO!!! You got me!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl: HAHAHA
I guess we will all find out tomorrow. \\:D/ Woo Hoo \\:D/[/QUOTE]

Yep, i wear my shades proudly :cool:

I heard the retail version of plants vs zombies was going to go on sale or get a price reduction soon. Is that true by any chance cause i rather get that then the download.

Going to get Plants vs Zombies this week along with Both Deathspank titles been waiting for a sale on them. Also considering Risk.

[quote name='flybrione']Going to get Plants vs Zombies this week along with Both Deathspank titles been waiting for a sale on them. Also considering Risk.[/QUOTE]

Risk is pretty good. The "campaign" mode is painfully short, but if you're a fan of Risk you can actually play the old school game. The objective-style Risk is also a nice change of pace.

I haven't played online (I have XBL Gold cards but since I'll be away from my 360 for the next two weeks, I'm being really cheap and not wasting that time), but I have heard there is a number of people who will quit the second they get a bad draw or lose a fight badly.

As for the sale, I'll probably be in for Deathspank since it sounds like it's a really good game and maybe some of the Dragon Age DLC. I'll have to check which version of the game I actually have.

Not that I agree with the misleading "more than 25 pieces of content" but I would like to point out that the map packs have more than one map. Increasing the pieces of content above 25 technically. I'll be surprised if anything else goes on sale beyond what is currently known.

[quote name='Zonic505']I don't get why they didn't include Plants Vs. Zombies last week when the theme was, ya know, ZOMBIES.[/QUOTE]

I thought that was strange too.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Not that I agree with the misleading "more than 25 pieces of content" but I would like to point out that the map packs have more than one map. Increasing the pieces of content above 25 technically. I'll be surprised if anything else goes on sale beyond what is currently known.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and my penis isn't 2 inches long. It's 50.8 millimeters long. :shock:

[quote name='wEEman33']Yeah Assault Heroes 2 was a real bad sequel.

Stick with the original.[/QUOTE]

i did just that and bought the original for 200 points on the last day of this sale. thanks. and i think i will steer clear of the sequel.

also, we have our xbla release for the week. its a game called spare parts from ea for 800 microsoft points
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/17/find-some-spare-parts-on-xbla-psn-this-week/

i guess that means the pinball xbla game is either coming out next week along with breach or its not going to match with what they put on facebook about releasing in january.

Last edited by a moderator:
So is Plants vs. Zombies really the only thing on sale this week? Seems so lack-luster with the last several months of multiple items on sale. Guess I got spoiled.

[quote name='shinn']is there supposed to be other stuff on sale too.... like the sales on deathspank and such?[/QUOTE]

EA sale starts tomorrow, check the OP.

[quote name='bsmiff']EA sale starts tomorrow, check the OP.[/QUOTE]

sorry chap,someone earlier told me it went live tonight. thanks

Doesn't help that EA wasted a few slots of their sale on the worthless cheat boosts in their sports games. That's the kind of crap that needs to be unlocked with a cheat code, not something they need to charge money for. What a waste, but it IS EA so not surprising.

[quote name='shinn']sorry chap,someone earlier told me it went live tonight. thanks[/QUOTE]

No need for apologies! Sorry if I came off as rude. I was hoping the sale went live today too.

I look forward to seeing what BF1943 sales at. It's currently 1200msp. That's not already marked down, is it? 600 would be a slam dunk. 800 would be a definite maybe. Anyone still playing that game? I've been playing Battlefield BC2, so I thought it would be a nice diversion if enough folks are doing it.

[quote name='ianoid']I look forward to seeing what BF1943 sales at. It's currently 1200msp. That's not already marked down, is it? 600 would be a slam dunk. 800 would be a definite maybe. Anyone still playing that game? I've been playing Battlefield BC2, so I thought it would be a nice diversion if enough folks are doing it.[/QUOTE]

I picked up the ultimate edition of BFBC2 which includes BF1943, and every time I've jumped on there seem to be quite a few people still playing. I'm sure the EA sale will bring in plenty more new players.

[quote name='ianoid']I look forward to seeing what BF1943 sales at. It's currently 1200msp. That's not already marked down, is it? 600 would be a slam dunk. 800 would be a definite maybe. Anyone still playing that game? I've been playing Battlefield BC2, so I thought it would be a nice diversion if enough folks are doing it.[/QUOTE]
If the servers stay up long enough. it seems that some days they are non existent.

[quote name='ianoid']I look forward to seeing what BF1943 sales at. It's currently 1200msp. That's not already marked down, is it? 600 would be a slam dunk.[/QUOTE]
Everything will be 50% off, so yes, it'll be 600.

I'm not buying Battlefield 1943 because it's an 18-month-old game from EA. They may shut down servers in month for all I know.

I played a lot of BF1943 during the past two months, and it still gets a good crowd. I think it's still worth it at 600MSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back