XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='prayformojo']It's part of House Party which kicks off Feb 16th with Hard Corps Uprising, so it will be out on either the 23rd or the first two weeks of March[/QUOTE]

thanks ! i simply cannot wait for it!!:applause::applause::applause::bouncy:

[quote name='shinn']does anyone have an idea of when torchlight is coming out? its the only game i see that remotely interests me. ive been waiting for a good diablo clone for 360[/QUOTE]

Should be out about the 3rd week of Feb. It's part of their spring xbla promotion.

Between both Deathspank's and Torchlight I'm gonna have a lot of Diablo style games to play lol. Although Deathspank is more of a fun/easy going type of game where Torchlight is more serious if I'm not mistaken.

Bought Witch Hunt and Return to Ostagar.

If you liked the demos both the DeathSpanks are very good. The second one is probably a little better than the first one. I think they were my girlfriend's favorite 360 games.

Risk is very well done. The campaign is short, but animated very well.

The Dragon Age DLC, is agree with the mini reviews already posted. I found Awakenings to be better than the main game. Leliana's song was pretty good for a short prequel (I wish it went on longer). The golems one is pretty bad, I still will probably force myself to play through it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bsmiff']If I'm only going to buy one DeathSpank, which should it be?[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm leaning toward skipping 1 and going straight to 2, but I don't know....

[quote name='crunchewy']I'm wondering the same thing. I'm leaning toward skipping 1 and going straight to 2, but I don't know....[/QUOTE]

I am personally turned off by the guns of the 2nd from what I can tell. I'll be likely just getting the first as I like that it seems more just magic and swords which is what I think it should be.

Sigh. I really, really, really don't know why I let myself miss the Thongs of Virtue DLC when it was free. But the game at half price makes that easier to stomach at least.

I'm starting to think that Endor DLC will always be $1. Anyone with the game have any info and what the game is saying about it now?

[quote name='kidrocklive']I am personally turned off by the guns of the 2nd from what I can tell. I'll be likely just getting the first as I like that it seems more just magic and swords which is what I think it should be.[/QUOTE]

This. Every time I look at Thongs of Virtue, I'm just not as interested.

Going to download the first Deathspank now. :D

Gonna grab both Deathspanks, been waiting a while for a sale on at least the first. Kinda wanna finish up the Dragon Age DLC, need 3 of them but will be running out of points with Deathspank :eek:

Thanks for the input on DeathSpank. I'll probably go with the first one as I've got enough gun-centric games and could use a bit more melee and magic. Will demo both to be sure, and might also pick up NHL Arcade this time around.

NHL Arcade is a pretty fun little game. The AI puts up a really good challenge, especially if you're playing co-op. At 200 points, it's kind of a no-brainer. Just wish the passing mechanics were a little better.

[quote name='kidrocklive']I am personally turned off by the guns of the 2nd from what I can tell. I'll be likely just getting the first as I like that it seems more just magic and swords which is what I think it should be.[/QUOTE]

I actually bought the 2nd one during the 800 rebate promotion, so kicking myself now that this sale happened. Anyways got the 2nd one mainly due to the guns. Its not a run n gun game, like Lara Croft or Alien Breed. Your Ammo runs out very quickly and you have to resort to your Melee/magic attacks. I do love the bazookas and grenades, which I dont know if they are in the 1st.
If you got the free DLC you can play co-op in the 2nd as well. Both are basically the same game, expect a lot of fetch quests, A LOT. You can have so many quests at one time you may not remember which one your doing or where to go. Def worth the 600 pts but not the 1200.
Another deciding factor what do you want more in your avatar awards, both have a T-shirt but DS has a dragon avatar pet while DS:tov has a camo wearing gingerbread man (for real!)

hm after reading some of the comments, i think ill get just the first deathspank for now. if i really love it and end up wanting the sequel, im sure it'll go on sale again by the time i get through some of my backlog.

[quote name='Tomeeboy']NHL Arcade is a pretty fun little game. The AI puts up a really good challenge, especially if you're playing co-op. At 200 points, it's kind of a no-brainer. Just wish the passing mechanics were a little better.[/QUOTE]

I was originally going to spring for both NFL and NHL arcade, but I saw the reviews for NFL arcade were midling. Didn't the blessed Shipwreck speak positively of NFL arcade?

Since the reviews and CAG buzz are more positive for NHL arcade, I'll pick that up now and think on NFL arcade. Any thoughts?

DeathSpank 2 does continue the story from the first game. You guys should try the 1st game and see how much you like it before writing off the second one.

I'm strongly considering the DeathSpanks, but it's such a kick in the balls that I would have to pay for the ToV DLC, even though said DLC is free forever on Steam... Makes me want to just go ahead and wait for a Steam sale.

Then again, ToV doesn't import your save from the first game, right? So I could always play the first one on Xbox, and the second on PC.

Hmmm.

[quote name='mokmoof']I'm strongly considering the DeathSpanks, but it's such a kick in the balls that I would have to pay for the ToV DLC, even though said DLC is free forever on Steam... Makes me want to just go ahead and wait for a Steam sale.

Then again, ToV doesn't import your save from the first game, right? So I could always play the first one on Xbox, and the second on PC.

Hmmm.[/QUOTE]

That DLC was free for a week when it first launched

[quote name='reddjoey']That DLC was free for a week when it first launched[/QUOTE]
Right. But it's still free, and will presumably always be free, on Steam. Things that are free on Steam, but not-free on XBLA, are annoying--and to my mind they decrease the value of the XBLA versions, since you're literally getting less for your money.

[quote name='mokmoof']Right. But it's still free, and will presumably always be free, on Steam. Things that are free on Steam, but not-free on XBLA, are annoying--and to my mind they decrease the value of the XBLA versions, since you're literally getting less for your money.[/QUOTE]

Understandable.

[quote name='agentcoop007']Outrun sale is over :( should have pulled the trigger when I thought I should have yesterday :/[/QUOTE]

I see it on the dashboard still. Check yours it might pop up again. Odd that it shows up as 800pts on the website now...

Hey just a question, how come you post only the official DotW sales on the OP? I think it would benefit if you added all collective sales such as the EA one thats going on right now...I mean, I check all the new posts every day or so but for people who just want to see what's on sale without reading through a few pages of thread it would be useful.

[quote name='Matedawg11']Hey just a question, how come you post only the official DotW sales on the OP? I think it would benefit if you added all collective sales such as the EA one thats going on right now...I mean, I check all the new posts every day or so but for people who just want to see what's on sale without reading through a few pages of thread it would be useful.[/QUOTE]

Check the 2nd-4th posts as well.

DeathSpank's pretty fun. Kudos to its developers for including the option to resize the screen. I hate my HD CRT TV and its overscan issues.

Both deathspanks are now mine. Can't wait to play them. I guess they aren't mine yet technically. The downloading is taking frickin forever right now.

Trying to tell if both Deathspanks are local co-ops from reading this thread... Are both of them local co-op or just TOV? If the first is not, I may just buy TOV during this sale. The wife and I need a co-op hack and slash/beat em up game to play.

[quote name='schuerm26']Does anyone have opinions on Hydrophobia? I want to download it but a lot of the reviews are making me think twice.[/QUOTE]

The reviews are largely, if not entirely based on the game pre-crazy huge patch that basically changed the entire game. The demo got a re-make as well, so I personally just recommend in this case ignoring the reviews and trying the demo.

[quote name='bh47']I think a lot of ppl are doing what I'm doing:

DEATHSPANKIN'!!![/QUOTE]

The favorite hobby of David Carradine and Michael Hutchence. ;)

[quote name='Matedawg11']Hey just a question, how come you post only the official DotW sales on the OP? I think it would benefit if you added all collective sales such as the EA one thats going on right now...I mean, I check all the new posts every day or so but for people who just want to see what's on sale without reading through a few pages of thread it would be useful.[/QUOTE]

See next post quoted below.

[quote name='Bloomy']Check the 2nd-4th posts as well.[/QUOTE]

Is this what you meant or did you mean making it all a "MEGA-SALE OP" or something different?

[quote name='azngtlman']Trying to tell if both Deathspanks are local co-ops from reading this thread... Are both of them local co-op or just TOV? If the first is not, I may just buy TOV during this sale. The wife and I need a co-op hack and slash/beat em up game to play.[/QUOTE]

Both are capable of local co-op. The co-op characters are true sidekicks, unable to level up, upgrade, participate in dialogue, etc. Each game has a different co-op character, though I'm not sure who either are. I'm gearing up to play a little co-op with my girl now; we'll see how she likes the game.

[quote name='azngtlman']Trying to tell if both Deathspanks are local co-ops from reading this thread... Are both of them local co-op or just TOV? If the first is not, I may just buy TOV during this sale. The wife and I need a co-op hack and slash/beat em up game to play.[/QUOTE]

They are both local. The side kick gets dragged around so you can put down the controller and the main player can play without you. Very easy to drop in and out.

[quote name='schuerm26']Does anyone have opinions on Hydrophobia? I want to download it but a lot of the reviews are making me think twice.[/QUOTE]

As the other person who responded to you noted, most reviews are from when the game came out and there has since been a huge patch that has changed a lot of the game. I got it after the patch, so I can't speak to how different it is now, but I'm a bit bored by the game. I've played about an hour and don't feel motivated to continue.

Hydrophobia: I bought the game @ launch and got into it except the controls needed an improvement and after the update it did make the game better and smoother to play. For 800 ms points, i'd say it's a buy and will keep you busy for 5+ hours. I don't know if anyone has done a recent review as the first set of reviews bashed the game, but hey I gave it a try and still liked it and like it even more now.

Looks like waiting out Deathspank until it went on sale was a good idea, since it's both games for the price of the first one's non-sale price.

[quote name='bsmiff']Both are capable of local co-op. The co-op characters are true sidekicks, unable to level up, upgrade, participate in dialogue, etc. Each game has a different co-op character, though I'm not sure who either are. I'm gearing up to play a little co-op with my girl now; we'll see how she likes the game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='wakawakawa']They are both local. The side kick gets dragged around so you can put down the controller and the main player can play without you. Very easy to drop in and out.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the answers, wife probably won't like the fact that she won't have her own "character", it sounds more like the co-op on Fable 2, which she hated. I will demo them both first then.

Picked up both DeathSpanks. A bit tempted to nab PvZ, but already have it for pc, iPad, and iPhone (and I don't even own an iPhone, lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back