XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in agreement about Plants vs. Zombies. I think it's a really well done game, but I have it on my iPhone and I've never bothered to finish it. My kids bought it for the Xbox and I haven't played it much there either (one of my kids has beaten it on both platforms, though). I find the game gets tiresome and as soon as I actually lose a level, which did happen later, then I find I have pretty much no interest whatsoever in trying the level again. Peggle is a different story, though. I beat that on my Mac and my iPhone. :) I didn't, however, make it through Peggle Nights.

Just noticed Max Payne 2 is on sale so I was wondering how up to par is the emulation? Any serious slow down issues or audio glitches? I've never bought a full game via XBL before I don't want to waste points when disc play is the better option.

[quote name='tunavi']Max Payne 1 or 2?[/QUOTE]Both, they're both great, but a little short. 600 points is still overpriced though. I'd suggest finding a good condition used copy. They should be cheap. Maybe get them in the next GS B2G1 from the website. The best way to play it is on PC though. Better accuracy and there are some good mods out there and you don't need a super gaming rig to play them.
[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Just noticed Max Payne 2 is on sale so I was wondering how up to par is the emulation? Any serious slow down issues or audio glitches? I've never bought a full game via XBL before I don't want to waste points when disc play is the better option.[/QUOTE]My understanding is that the downloadable games play just like the disc version as far as performance and glitches are concerned.

[quote name='chipper_95']i'm not sure if it will be any good but that ghostbusters xbla game is coming out on march 23rd according to joystiq so you can add it to the OP if you want.....[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I added that and the Quick Look for Breach to the OP

[quote name='netscorer']They are both single-player but only Minerva's Den has any sort of a story (and a pretty good one too). Protector Trials is only for those who enjoyed protecting little sisters during the gameplay, as this is all you do for stage after stage after stage. To me personally, this was the worst element of the game and I was surprised to see it highlighted in the DLC.[/QUOTE]

Awesome man thanks for the breakdown, its really appreaciated.

[quote name='Microshock']Breach is horribly generic. I wouldn't recommend it if it was free, it's just bad.[/QUOTE]

You've played it already?

I couldn't even play a game without such horrendous lag in Breach. It's a 30 minute demo and I've spent 2 minutes already trying to play but it's a lagfest. For those who own blacklight tango down, just stay with that for now it's what I'm doing. How's the online multiplayer though for the ballad of gay Tony?

[quote name='Microshock']There's a trial on the XBLM.[/QUOTE]

Oh. I forgot it came out today. heh. Carry on.

It did look incredibly generic on the Major Nelson vid I watched.

Just tried Axel & Pixel and PB Winterbottom. First one was of no interest immediately and the second seemed like it could be interesting but not enough to warrant the purchase. Too bad I like $5 arcade games.

[quote name='Infam0usP']GTA:San Andreas & Max Payne for 600 points each!? I def need to get those! how long is the sale good for?[/QUOTE]
Jan 31 I believe.

Picked up the Undead Nightmare collection with leftover points from the holidays. I keep reading/hearing that Minerva's Den is more than worth it? Any truth to that?

I got my 400 Bing points from MS yesterday and I got The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom...I enjoyed the demo, so I can never say no to a free game...Now hydrophobia next week :).

[quote name='shiftyfink']I thinking of getting the "re-released" Hydrophobia game (when it goes on sale next week). Any thoughts on this one?[/QUOTE]

It's a steal for 400pts. Can't say the same thing for 800pts...But I'm that person that waits for the 400pts on all downloadable games, so I might be biased lol

After playing the Breach demo all I can think of is that idiot at PAX East attempted to steal this heap and I'm starting to think the theft might have been a hoax.

The game has potential but it just doesn't execute.

[quote name='shiftyfink']I thinking of getting the "re-released" Hydrophobia game (when it goes on sale next week). Any thoughts on this one?[/QUOTE]

Same here, downloaded the demo, and played for like 15-20 min, seems aight

I just picked up Minerva's Den based on the great reviews and CAG feedback. I haven't even played Bioshock 1 or 2 yet (damn backlog), but I don't want to kick myself in the ass when I do and go "damn, I wish I got that DLC for 50% off". I know I'll like the games since I have played the demo, so I am not worried about that. Next up for me is Hydrophobia on Monday! Thanks Bing!

[quote name='eliter1']Why couldn't they make the Undead Nightmare Collection stand alone like the disc...[/QUOTE]

umm..it is? the disc copy contains all RDR DLC up to this point I believe

[quote name='jcp42877']umm..it is? the disc copy contains all RDR DLC up to this point I believe[/QUOTE]
They mean able to play just the DLC itself without the Red Dead Redemption disc

[quote name='Jaysonguy']They mean able to play just the DLC itself without the Red Dead Redemption disc[/QUOTE]

Yup. And to answer the question, it's probably because of the file size. The DLC version uses assets from the main game disc. The Undead Nightmare disc is probably like 6 gigs.

[quote name='Trusty Mutsi']I got all three and regret it. I would have had just as much fun with the multiplayer without online poker (which I've only played once), Stronghold (which I've only played once), extra characters, or the explosive rifle (which you have to get a high score in a bandit raid to even GET, and you only get three shots. Although you CAN buy it in single player). I do kinda like the tomahawk, but $10 for a tomahawk?

I should have just gotten Undead Nightmare, which is awesome.[/QUOTE]

Alright, I'm going to go back on what I posted earlier.

I got to play more last night. I joined a friend who I saw was playing Red Dead. It pulled me into a Stronghold match he was playing. I did HORRIBLE at first, and was about to quit. Then people started leaving, and since there were fewer people, I got to learn the maps and have more room to figure out what I was doing.

Towards the end of my session, I had a great run defending one of the flags by myself with my trusty sawed-off shotgun (even heard the other side bitching about me, which is always a good feeling), got my first explosive rifle (which I got to use on an unsuspecting victim, BOY was that fulfilling! Unlike what I said before, the explosive shotgun actually IS worth it!), and won my first game! It helps that I'm starting to get more headshots. I got a good one on another person who was running at me from pretty far away.

So now I'm thinking the extra content is worth it. I'm still not sure if Legends and Killers is any good, but you're getting it free anyway if you get the Undead Nightmare collection.

In for:

Undead Nightmare. Just the single player portion as I don't play RDR online.

The Legend of Gay Tony. ... I don't enjoy biker culture, so I doubt I'd enjoy the other DLC. This is a perfect compliment for the GTA IV lockbox set which can be had for ~17 dollars new on Amazon. Created my version of a Complete GTA IV.

Hydrophobia when the price drops. I have to reward the publisher for retooling the game.

Didn't see any posts about this but turned on my xbox and the deal of the week 'tab' under the spotlight section shows Tom Clancy games and pictures of splinter cell: conviction, hawx and hawx 2.

They are not discounted

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got Minrva's Den, been wanting to play that. Thinking about getting Gay Tony, havent beaten Lost and the Damned yet, but not really sure I would even play Gay Tony, so I might pass.

[quote name='craig.courtney']Finally got Minrva's Den, been wanting to play that. Thinking about getting Gay Tony, havent beaten Lost and the Damned yet, but not really sure I would even play Gay Tony, so I might pass.[/QUOTE]

It's very different than The Lost or the base game. Much more action oriented. If that sways your opinion any.

Bought Axel & Pixel last night. I like a relaxing, stress-free adventure now and then. The graphics are unique and the gameplay seems fun, including the mini-games. I think even my 4 year old can play and enjoy this one (mostly because there's a dog).

Next up for me will be Hydrophobia (the developer's commitment to it is winning me over). I'd get Winterbottom if I didn't already have it.

[quote name='tunavi']Anyone who hasn't played San Andreas BUY IT NOW[/QUOTE]

Has the game aged well? I would imagine it's harder to play now compared to current games.

Since I have not gotten any real answer and others have asked also I think I am going to pass on the Mafia II DLC. I can spend $10 on something else unless a few of you really think it is worth the price. I have the game but it is in my backlog so I am not sure how invested I am in the story. Last call for suggestions:)

[quote name='cancerman1120']Since I have not gotten any real answer and others have asked also I think I am going to pass on the Mafia II DLC. I can spend $10 on something else unless a few of you really think it is worth the price. I have the game but it is in my backlog so I am not sure how invested I am in the story. Last call for suggestions:)[/QUOTE]

Kotaku hated both Mafia DLC packs, so they're probably not worth getting.

Picked up Minerva's Den, but haven't finished Bioshock 1, any need to wrap that one up prior to playing the DLC or is it self-contained? Looks great from the Giant Bomb Quick Look and all the praise they lavished on it during the end of the year debates.

[quote name='prayformojo']Picked up Minerva's Den, but haven't finished Bioshock 1, any need to wrap that one up prior to playing the DLC or is it self-contained? Looks great from the Giant Bomb Quick Look and all the praise they lavished on it during the end of the year debates.[/QUOTE]

I would play them in order because of not so subtle hints about the story of the other games.

[quote name='Trusty Mutsi']Has the game aged well? I would imagine it's harder to play now compared to current games.[/QUOTE]

I'd say it's aged alright. Granted the targeting system is a little bobo and the graphics aren't incredible, it's still a great GTA experience with a whole lot of stuff to do and areas to explore, and a decent story.

Plus, I can't think of a better game experience that emulates early '90s LA gangster culture. The radio stations are great, too.

I'm torn on Minerva's Den, should we expect a GOTY version of Bioshock 2 in the near future, or a addon disc contain all the DLC ?

[quote name='Trusty Mutsi']Has the game aged well? I would imagine it's harder to play now compared to current games.[/QUOTE]

If you use GTAIV and Saints Row as two points of comparison, I'd say that San Andreas is kind of a median. GTAIV tried to make things more serious and realistic, and Saints Row took the formula and made it even more outlandish and cartoony. I think that San Andreas actually holds up quite well for being that median. As for technical aspects, well, GTA's never exactly been a looker--it gets by more on the sheer size of its geography--and the targeting system is still as frustrating as it ever was.

[quote name='stoned99']I'm torn on Minerva's Den, should we expect a GOTY version of Bioshock 2 in the near future, or a addon disc contain all the DLC ?[/QUOTE]

Did bioshock 2 even win anyone's goty? If you already have the game, just get it. It is worth 5 bucks. A compilation version would be pointless anyway since it would come out at 60 bucks and minerva's den is the only thin most people would want anyway. Mosr of the add ons are just multiplayer maps that are never used because not enough people have them.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']It's very different than The Lost or the base game. Much more action oriented. If that sways your opinion any.[/QUOTE]

Yea for $10 bucks though with my backlog so long, I just cant be certain I would play it. I bought Lost & Damned when it came out and am not even done with that. If I buy a game on sale out in town and don't play it, I can recoup some of the cost, with DLC not so much. I really want to play both DLCs for GTA4, but I just dont know. Plus if I spend any more points ill have to re-up again when the Black Ops maps come out next week.

It's the ultimate video game playground. There's so much to explore, so many exciting missions to do, and theres a surprisingly good story. If you put gameplay over graphics then its a steal at 600 points. I can't believe i never played this when I was growing up.

Oh and the secret two-player co-op is great when you have friends over.

Nah, it plays very well but it's that "if you're not 12 you're going to be kinda bored" kinda gameplay.

I mean there's a reason that Rockstar got rid of the style and added a more living city with more story and instead of throwing out 300 things to do there's 100 that have better mechanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back