XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cameron4All']I was wondering the exact same thing!!
If I thought Hydrophobia was that bad now, what would I have thought then?!?!?!
[/QUOTE]

No kidding. I don't get how they could make it so awful, even after a remake. I died 4 times during the first portion due to clunky controls. I wanted to give the game a chance and played it for a good bit of time, but couldn't get in to it at all. Even at 400 points, I can't recommend it.

Another who voted for PacMan here. Not 100% confident it will win though. Last time XBox had one of these promotions, the clear winner lost.

[quote name='dchrisd']Another who voted for PacMan here. Not 100% confident it will win though. Last time XBox had one of these promotions, the clear winner lost.[/QUOTE]

Unless the results changed from when I looked at them (prior to polls closing) the clear winner did indeed win. By a landslide. I was pissed. Battlefield was waayy out in front every time I looked at the polls and it won.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Unless the results changed from when I looked at them (prior to polls closing) the clear winner did indeed win. By a landslide. I was pissed. Battlefield was waayy out in front every time I looked at the polls and it won.[/QUOTE]

I want to say Perfect Dark had the lead for like the first day, but I may be remembering wrong. Wasn't the BFBC2 DLC mostly just the stuff from the Dr. Pepper promotion that got a permanent price drop last month? Everything else went on sale eventually so it doesn't really matter. I'm really not even sure why I made this post anymore.

Picked up Hydrophobia. Enjoying it so far. Up to Act(?) 3. Haven't had any real problems with the controls and I'm not that great a gamer. I'm not sure what people are complaining about. Definitely worth $5.

[quote name='tigernut']Picked up Hydrophobia. Enjoying it so far. Up to Act(?) 3. Haven't had any real problems with the controls and I'm not that great a gamer. I'm not sure what people are complaining about. Definitely worth $5.[/QUOTE]

The game recently received a major overhaul that focused on touching up the controls.

ok, im about to buy some red dead dlc. im curious to what people think. i know i want the undead nightmare, but my question is should i just buy all the dlc since it is only 1000 points? i havent played much of the multiplayer, and i cant really say i can see myself playing it in the future (since none of my friends play it, and i have other games for multiplayer). but i would hate to not buy it now and then later on wind up spending $20 to get the dlc im missing. so do you guys think the 2 multiplayer based packs are worth grabbing now? sop far i think im leaning to just get the $5 pack. going to buy it in about a half hour.

i too tried the Hydrophobia demo and found i kept over-steering my character around too much. didn't have time to find out if i could modify the control sensitivity yet, so will give it another go later. 400MSP is really tempting and i really want to like the game, but crappy controls might dissuade me.

Gah, I bought Minerva's Den and I don't even own Bioshock 2. I didn't have an interest in the game, until Brad from Giantbomb talked up the DLC so much. Now I gotta go find a cheap copy lol.

-

[quote name='gunstar808']Gah, I bought Minerva's Den and I don't even own Bioshock 2. I didn't have an interest in the game, until Brad from Giantbomb talked up the DLC so much. Now I gotta go find a cheap copy lol.

-[/QUOTE]

i bought it as soon as it came out. i found it was well worth $10 and for $5 its a no brainer. even though its on sale now for $5 i dont regret my initial purchase because i enjoyed it that much.

I voted for Marvel Pinball as I already got Lara Croft and I didn't really like Pac Man CE DX. Liked the regular CE much better and can't wait to get it as a PSP/PS3 mini soon (releases tomorrow at $5.)

picked up Hydrophobia and played it for a while and I must say that I am really enjoying it...while the controls aren't the best, i am still having a lot of fun playing...

voted for marvel pinball... i dont recall but last time they did this "choose the sale" sale didnt they put all of the titles on sale? i must be thinking of something else...

The strange mixed reactions to the Hydrophobia demo have me wondering if the patch was not actually applied to the demo, only the full game...can anyone confirm?

Also voted for Marvel Pinball, I have Castlevania and Lara Croft and while Pac-Man was fun and I'll probably buy it anyway, I've played many variations of it before already.

[quote name='Cheapskate']The strange mixed reactions to the Hydrophobia demo have me wondering if the patch was not actually applied to the demo, only the full game...can anyone confirm?[/QUOTE]

I downloaded the Hydrophobia demo tonight and was prompted to apply a patch the first time I played the game. Played through the entire demo and controls seemed fine.

[quote name='Nintendokid54']voted for marvel pinball... i dont recall but last time they did this "choose the sale" sale didnt they put all of the titles on sale? i must be thinking of something else...[/QUOTE]

Look back about 20 posts or so. Redjoey did a list of what happened with the last vote.

[quote name='Thrinn']The game recently received a major overhaul that focused on touching up the controls.[/QUOTE]
wow, well done!! people are complaining POST patch

[quote name='MSUHitman']Look back about 20 posts or so. Redjoey did a list of what happened with the last vote.[/QUOTE]
you mad, no one looks at previous posts nowadays ;)

kidding aside, it is shocking

bit on,
undead nightmare collection
minerva (already have the others)
Both mafia 2 dlc, (dont have the game yet, but i am confident i will soon)
Midnight club south central

i was going to get all the borderlands dlc, but i got rid of my copy ages ago with the intention of getting the goty, so i am stcking with that idea

gonna try the demo tonight for hydrophobia

Vote for the February 28th: "Members Choice Deal of the Week"
Look under Spotlight and vote for which item (only one :cry:) will be on the next DotW (no date yet)

Castlevania Harmony of Despair - 800 Microsoft Points - 33% off
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - 800 Microsoft Points - 33% off
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off
Pinball FX 2 - Marvel Pinball DLC - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Where do I find this spotlight? I'd like to vote but can't find it. Can someone help me out please? Thanks!

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Where do I find this spotlight? I'd like to vote but can't find it. Can someone help me out please? Thanks![/QUOTE]
Spotlight is the default channel on your Xbox dashboard. You should see it as soon as you log into Xbox Live on your console.

[quote name='gunstar808']Gah, I bought Minerva's Den and I don't even own Bioshock 2. I didn't have an interest in the game, until Brad from Giantbomb talked up the DLC so much. Now I gotta go find a cheap copy lol.

-[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. Amazon has it for $14 new right now. I know Gamefly has sold used copies for $10 in the past.

[quote name='Cheapskate']The strange mixed reactions to the Hydrophobia demo have me wondering if the patch was not actually applied to the demo, only the full game...can anyone confirm?[/QUOTE]

I played the demo the first time without letting the patch download, and then tried it WITH the patch downloaded. The new patch is DEFINITELY applied to the demo, as the controls are like night and day.

I bought Minerva's Den over the weekend but I haven't had a chance to play it yet. If Pac-Man Championship Edition DX goes on sale for $5 I'm all over that too.

Finally decided to bite and bought Minerva's Den and Secret Armory (my only missing Borderlands DLC). Now to borrow a copy of Bioshock 2 somewhere.

I played the Hydrophobia demo when it first came out. I wanted to like the game, but didn't really dig it too much. When the patch came out, I tried the demo again, and this time I enjoyed it a LOT more than the first time. The controls make sense now. I was going to get it for 800msp, but held off since my backlog is so huge. But for 400msp, I think it's a steal. I haven't played the full game yet, but based on the demo, I'd say there's definitely $5 worth of entertainment on there. I've spent a lot more on a lot worse. But if you didn't enjoy the demo after patch, I wouldn't waste your points unless you want to take a gamble.

[quote name='prayformojo']Voted Marvel Pinball, discouraged by the high votes for Lara Croft and Castlevania, since those both were on recent sales.[/QUOTE]

Ditto on all accounts. I voted for Marvel. I'll be OK with Pac-Man CE DX (though I didn't like the demo as much as the original, I'll buy it for 400 pts), but if Lara Croft or Castlevania wins I'll be bummed.

How much was Castlevania during the year end/Xmas sale?
I hope Castlevania wins, simply because I missed it during that sale. It will suck for everyone else that picked it up, since the deal doesn't appeal to them, but that's what I want to win.

-[/QUOTE]

LE is $29.99 at Gamestop right now.

Marvel Pinball seems the least likely to get a future discount (as super-hyped XBLA games tend to get) or disc compilation (as Namco games have received before) so it gets my vote.

Also, didn't the BFBC2 DLC get a permanent price drop not long after its "member's choice" DOTW? Talk about a waste.

[quote name='Gabrius']If Castlevania being on sale means all of the DLC will be on sale, that gets my vote.[/QUOTE]

It won't. It says specifically what the deal will be, and it says nothing about the DLC. The game will be discounted (and for less of a discount then the christmas sale), and nothing else. Neither Marvel nor Pac-man CE DX have ever been on sale, FYI, and the discount is greater too.

[quote name='Gabrius']If Castlevania being on sale means all of the DLC will be on sale, that gets my vote.[/QUOTE]

If nothing else, the discounted game will provide Konami with even more people to tempt with the full priced DLC. On the other hand, there's so much DLC for this game that I can't help but wonder if we'll eventually see it all collected on a $30 disc down the road.

[quote name='Thrinn']If nothing else, the discounted game will provide Konami with even more people to tempt with the full priced DLC. On the other hand, there's so much DLC for this game that I can't help but wonder if we'll eventually see it all collected on a $30 disc down the road.[/QUOTE]

It's almost insane how much DLC is out there for this game....

This was many people fear when DLC first started to exist that they would just release half a game and then complete it 5 bucks a pop

Voted for Marvel Pinball tables last night, but it looks like its holding steady at 3rd place...Pac-Man DX has the lead followed by Castlevania.

[quote name='kidrocklive']I don't like how I can't see which one is in the lead. Anytime I try to look it says it's unavailable at this time.[/QUOTE]

I voted this morning. Pacman is in the lead with 38% of the vote. I think Castlevania was second, with 25%.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Voted for Marvel Pinball tables last night, but it looks like its holding steady at 3rd place...Pac-Man DX has the lead followed by Castlevania.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised if people are either ignoring the crazy amount of DLC to "Complete the game" or if they are thinking it'd go on sale too.

I'm actually not crazy about these sales, the masses seem to have no memory of what has been on sale or understanding of what is likely to go on sale in the future. I voted Pac Man, yes it is likely to go on sale again in the future either way, but because it is a self enclosed game that is fairly new and has never been on sale before.

Keep in mind with the last user-voted deal, the other items eventually went on sale about 1 month later. I wouldn't get despondent just because Marvel isn't winning, since the PinballFX guys are totally on-board with running promotions. I'd want the Core Collection on sale at the same time as Marvel, so hopefully both will go on sale at the same time, since we've only seen a 40pt rebate on Core to date (via Rewards).

I voted for Pac-Man because I have been waiting for a non original version of Pac-Man to go on sale and I don't think it has ever happened.

[quote name='Kaltic']I voted for Pac-Man because I have been waiting for a non original version of Pac-Man to go on sale and I don't think it has ever happened.[/QUOTE]

I think the original Pacman CE did, can't tell you when though

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back