XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Red Dead Redemption was definitely my favorite retail title last year. I'd give it a 10 too. But of course, all scores and reviews are subjective.

Damn I'm glad I picked up Space Invaders IG. This game is sweet! One question to you others who've been playing it a while though: Does music mode always play only the first track from a playlist and dump to the main menu, or can I have the game run through a playlist like multiple stages?

Well I was planning on getting Serious Sam but after playing each of the Demos I decided they are just not worth it to me. The gameplay was smooth and the updated graphics were nice but I just could not shake the feeling of playing a dated game. With all the FPS games I have in my backlog it was hard for me to justify spending $10 for these 2 when I could use it towards Bulletstorm or Killzone 3 this month.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well I was planning on getting Serious Sam but after playing each of the Demos I decided they are just not worth it to me. The gameplay was smooth and the updated graphics were nice but I just could not shake the feeling of playing a dated game. With all the FPS games I have in my backlog it was hard for me to justify spending $10 for these 2 when I could use it towards Bulletstorm or Killzone 3 this month.[/QUOTE]
You're really comparing apples and oranges though.

The Serious Sam games are just goofy shoot everything games, I mean yeah Bulletstorm is goofy too but they're on completely different levels when it comes to direction.

I have the Serious Sam games for the PC and I'll grab the second so I have both on the 360, they're fun games in spurts

[quote name='Jaysonguy']You're really comparing apples and oranges though.

The Serious Sam games are just goofy shoot everything games, I mean yeah Bulletstorm is goofy too but they're on completely different levels when it comes to direction.

I have the Serious Sam games for the PC and I'll grab the second so I have both on the 360, they're fun games in spurts[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you. I had fun and at $5 a piece it is a great value. I just have such a huge backlog (I know most of us CAGs do) that I know it will just sit on my HD forever. I bought both Deathspanks on sale and have not even thought about playing yet. I am definitely not suggesting the games are not worth the price but rather just not for me right now. If you had fun and have the extra points to spend they are definitely good games to mindlessly shoot everything in site. :)

Serious Sam TSE has been kicking my ass so hard since the last sale that I just didn't bother with TFE this time around. It's fun but I'd rather blow that MSP on DOOM 2 if it ever goes on sale.

For some reason I can't find the Xbox Live Rewards thread. Is that gone? I searched every way I could think of with no luck. Anyway, there's a new survey up for February and it has only one question on it. A whopping 20 points as usual.

[quote name='bsmiff']One question to you others who've been playing it a while though: Does music mode always play only the first track from a playlist and dump to the main menu, or can I have the game run through a playlist like multiple stages?[/QUOTE]Always plays the 1st song in a songlist, then once it's done, goes back to the main menu. I had to make multiple songlists in order to play different songs in Music Mode. It was kind of annoying, especially since I can't just put music on my 360 via USB.

[quote name='Zonic505']Always plays the 1st song in a songlist, then once it's done, goes back to the main menu. I had to make multiple songlists in order to play different songs in Music Mode. It was kind of annoying, especially since I can't just put music on my 360 via USB.[/QUOTE]

Bummer, thanks for the answer. Seems silly we have to make playlists to use music mode, but the playlists are only good for one song. I've been playing plenty of Michael Jackson stages, pretty cool concept.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Is quicksave really the checkpoint style that serious Sam uses? If so that turns me off from the series entirely.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. The game will autosave at major points, like when you collect an objective or something, but portions of the game are so overbearing with huge onslaughts of enemies that I end up quick saving like crazy just to get past segments.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eastx']Red Dead Redemption was definitely my favorite retail title last year. I'd give it a 10 too. But of course, all scores and reviews are subjective.[/QUOTE]

For me the game was alright. Nowhere near the scores it received and game of the year nods. Somewhere around an 8. To me, the story stopped when you left for Mexico. The story and gameplay went completely downhill from there. Graphically nothing special at the time. It felt and played just like GTA so no enhancement there. I sum up the game as GTA set in the west with animals having a better story up to the part I mentioned prior.

i'm having trouble pulling the trigger on space invades IG, is it better than the indie game shumps we see like decimation x, shoot-1up or vorpal? i loved those games and they were only a buck a piece, convinve me to buy IG

[quote name='nerdtown']i'm having trouble pulling the trigger on space invades IG, is it better than the indie game shumps we see like decimation x, shoot-1up or vorpal? i loved those games and they were only a buck a piece, convinve me to buy IG[/QUOTE]

This guy said it well a few pages back:

[quote name='gubmccargen']I'm really not sure why anyone wouldn't thoroughly enjoy Space Invaders Infinity Gene unless you just don't have the same classic arcade sensibilities that I do. The vector-style graphics are a brilliant throwback to classics like Tempest and Asteroids, the soundtrack is a combination of 2600-style fuzzy effects and modern techno, and the pseudo-3D section are the closest thing you'll get to a new Rez.

If you're a classic gamer I just can't see why you wouldn't love this game. I liked Space Invaders Extreme but this blows it out of the water in my opinion. I also haven't bought any of the DLC but have spent 3-4 hours just on the main levels already. Just a great great underrated title.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about any indie shmups as I tend not to play many indie games, but I definitely agree with the quote above and am having a lot of fun with the game.

Is Serious Sam better single player or co-op? I have the first but never played it really. Buddy of mine is contemplating them this week, if co-op is fun I'd be interested in playing it.

In single-player, Serious Sam become more of a game of exploration, looking for secrets, and taking in the sights. It slows the pace down a lot, which is fun. There are also cinemas you don't get in multiplayer.

i bought Stacking, the first 1200 point game i bought at full price for a long time...i played the demo and had so much fun so i just went ahead and bought the full game...

[quote name='bsmiff']I'm not sure about any indie shmups as I tend not to play many indie games, but I definitely agree with the quote above and am having a lot of fun with the game.[/QUOTE]

How about mentioning that the game itself was solid rather than gushing over the LOL RETRO aesthetic. Eugh.

And you just made me say aesthetic too.

[quote name='RollingSkull']How about mentioning that the game itself was solid rather than gushing over the LOL RETRO aesthetic. Eugh.

And you just made me say aesthetic too.[/QUOTE]

Hey I was just quoting the guy. I did say the game is very fun :)

So far i ended up biting on Duke Nukem (For the Awards and Achievements), Space Invaders (Because i liked the demo), and Galaga (I know its hard, but i like it

[quote name='bsmiff']Hey I was just quoting the guy. I did say the game is very fun :)[/QUOTE]
Indeed. I was more retching at the quote from the guy, but YOUR quote button was closer. :3

[quote name='RollingSkull']Indeed. I was more retching at the quote from the guy, but YOUR quote button was closer. :3[/QUOTE]

Wow, sorry to make you "retch". I guess I wasn't clear enough that the gameplay was addictive and great but I thought that was obvious if I was recommending the game. Just trying to help out fellow gamers who might enjoy it.

How's the Tango community? I'm assuming pretty weak with CoD, Battlefield and Halo being so popular. Probably not worth even 7.50 if that's the case.

[quote name='lordopus99']For me the game was alright. Nowhere near the scores it received and game of the year nods. Somewhere around an 8. To me, the story stopped when you left for Mexico. The story and gameplay went completely downhill from there. Graphically nothing special at the time. It felt and played just like GTA so no enhancement there. I sum up the game as GTA set in the west with animals having a better story up to the part I mentioned prior.[/QUOTE]I hate going off subject, but I had fun with the mexico missions although admittedly the story slowed a little. However, to say it was graphically nothing special is insane, bro. The amount of crystal clear details is amazing. I can just sit and watch sunsets all day. You're not playing on a 12 inch black and white set are you?

What do you think the odds are of getting either of these 2 games in upcoming dotw... I missed them both last time:

Castle Crashers
Monday Night Combat

[quote name='wmclark']What do you think the odds are of getting either of these 2 games in upcoming dotw... I missed them both last time:

Castle Crashers
Monday Night Combat[/QUOTE]

MNC is a maybe. It's only been on sale once and it was a daily deal with the holiday specials. With it recently going to pc, a dotw wouldn't be out of the question. Castle Crashers has been on sale several times, which could mean it'll be on sale again, or never again. Unfortunately harder to peg games that have been on sale multiple times.

As for this week, bought Duke partly cause I couldn't help it. Tried Space Invaders IG and just kind of felt bored by it. Serious sam feels incredibly dated despite the graphical updates and I'm really on the fence about it.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']MNC is a maybe. It's only been on sale once and it was a daily deal with the holiday specials. With it recently going to pc, a dotw wouldn't be out of the question. Castle Crashers has been on sale several times, which could mean it'll be on sale again, or never again. Unfortunately harder to peg games that have been on sale multiple times.[/QUOTE]

Castle Crashers will soon be getting pink knight DLC with the proceeds going to a breast cancer charity. I don't know if this new piece of content drawing attention back on the game will be more or less likely to provoke a sale.

Just bought Serious Sam even though I've beaten it and own the disc. Going to play co-op with my friend. Graphics look great so far but I think the original is still better overall.

[quote name='louiedog']Castle Crashers will soon be getting pink knight DLC with the proceeds going to a breast cancer charity. I don't know if this new piece of content drawing attention back on the game will be more or less likely to provoke a sale.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling that it will bring a sale around, especially considering it's for breast cancer research (probably the Susan G. Komen Center). The Behemoth mentioned in their blog that they are releasing a title update that will hopefully include the Pink Knight for free. I don't own the game yet, so I really hope it happens. I would jump all over it. Even though I just dropped 880 MSP on some great-looking XBLIG titles...

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Are the Space Invaders Infinity Gene leaderboards screwy? I made it to 404 with a decent run. Or are there just not that many people playing?[/QUOTE]

It seems like you need to manually upload your scores to the leaderboards. I only happened to find this out by looking through the leaderboard menus, so there are probably many people who didn't register their scores. On top of that, this game may not have that many people playing to begin with.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Glad I checked the first page of this. Got Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Decade Duels for 400 points. I'll try to see if I can figure out how to play it today.[/QUOTE]

Same. Going to have to bite for this price.

Just picked up Space Invaders Infinity Gene, good lord is this game awesome. The demo was ok but the full game where you level up your ship is so awesome it just begs you to keep playing it.

About an hour let, and I still can't decide between space invaders ig and galaga legions. Anyone have an opinion on which is better?

[quote name='eurenix']About an hour let, and I still can't decide between space invaders ig and galaga legions. Anyone have an opinion on which is better?[/QUOTE]
Space Invaders. If for no reason other than the fact you'll actually be able to play through and enjoy the game instead of getting to the second stage and throwing your controller through your TV. If you look at it that way Galaga is pretty expensive.

I said it in an earlier post (I think) Space Invaders IG is to Space Invaders what Pac-Man CE DX is to Pac-Man. The game is incredible and a superb way to modernize the game. Playing it right now and loving it.

[quote name='ral1121']Do people still play Blacklight Tango Down?

I'm considering on buying.[/QUOTE]

same question, I tried it when it came out and was pretty fun but Im guessing the community will be long gone by now in favor of Black Ops and/or Halo Reach

[quote name='marineal']correct me if im wrong, but deal of the week sales last until 2 am on tuesday on xbox.com right?[/QUOTE]

I couldn't say for certain but last week's deals are indeed still available right now if you want something I would suggest you buy it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back