XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='yamayama']You can't buy Doom anymore, I tried in store and online yesterday, both said it's sold out. :whistle2:x[/QUOTE]

When did it tell you that? It's listed as available I'm able to go through the order process with it, although I didn't actually finish the checkout.

[quote name='louiedog']When did it tell you that? It's listed as available I'm able to go through the order process with it, although I didn't actually finish the checkout.[/QUOTE]

Yesterday.

I was able to complete the order but on the last screen where it's supposed to display your code it says something like "sorry it's sold out we are giving you a full refund".

Wasnt that announced abit ago that they were gonna stop selling Doom 1/2?

Still on the fence with Pacman. Might end up pulling the trigger but with Lara Croft tomorrow, and Torchlight, idk how much Im gonna play it. Its Pacman tho for $5, and a trip down memory lane, how could I pass this up.

My local gs is still selling codes for
Doom, halo 3 map packs and other 360
Codes. Looking forward to the Your Shape Fitness Evolved
Dlc on sale among other things.

On listing games available on "means other than discs":

I don't think listing everything available on every format fits the theme here. If it's widely available like the Super Meat Boy card deal, I think that would be appropriate. If there is a sale like when had Amazon codes, I will definitely list something like that. I would have problems adding things like Joust (finding those cards are YMMV), Worms (available on old memory cards that don't work on the 360s) or the Kinectimals DLC on the new USB drives ($70 for 16GB doesn't make the DLC cheap) might not be worth it.

I think the main qualification for tracking an item would be:
1) It's cheaper than XBL Marketplace standard price
2) It is cheaper (or better value) than a sale
3) It's widely available
4) It's "legal"
5) Not a mistake (accidentally marked free, etc)

That doesn't seem unreasonable does it?

[quote name='intoxicated662']My local gs is still selling codes for
Doom, halo 3 map packs and other 360
Codes. Looking forward to the Your Shape Fitness Evolved
Dlc on sale among other things.[/QUOTE]

I would be more than happy to buy a Doom code off you. :)

That's if they'll sell you one. Reason I say that is because the "cards" they sell at GS don't have the codes on them. They print them out on a receipt. Something I tried to get yesterday but they couldn't do it.

If anyone is able to get a Doom code, please let me know or reply here.

Also, I got a message from LIVE in my messages with a code for 80 M$ points, but I must have deleted and cant find it anywhere.

[quote name='yamayama']I would be more than happy to buy a Doom code off you. :)

That's if they'll sell you one. Reason I say that is because the "cards" they sell at GS don't have the codes on them. They print them out on a receipt. Something I tried to get yesterday but they couldn't do it.

If anyone is able to get a Doom code, please let me know or reply here.[/QUOTE]

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/doom/87597

[quote name='louiedog']As was mentioned on the last page, when you checkout they tell you they're out of stock.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, didn't catch that. You'd think they would mark it out of stock on the item page, or just pull it altogether. Guess I got lucky ordering a code a month or two ago. My bad.

[quote name='bsmiff']Oh wow, didn't catch that. You'd think they would mark it out of stock on the item page, or just pull it altogether. Guess I got lucky ordering a code a month or two ago. My bad.[/QUOTE]

I just tried buying it a week ago with a gift card and I had to call customer service to get my 5 dollars back on. I agree they should take it off the page if not available, they are aware it's not available.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']The DX demo is horrible and far too easy/boring if you are at all familiar with Pacman CE. But the game becomes amazing on Hard difficulty and the new boards you unlock are really enjoyable, unlike CE. Just based on the demo I questioned the mad amounts of praise it got, but unlocking the full game made me a believer.

5% yo! Yea... They didnt do anything till after Game Feast or w/e either. These promos are always so phoned in.[/QUOTE]

i dunno, the only experienced I've had with the game so far was with the demo... and I actually played the demo several times because I actually find myself craving it... I think the demo is awesome. Last time I played a demo this much was back in the PS1 days.

I'm just waiting for it on PSN on tuesday... I have faith that it won the gamer's choice in that genre.

[quote name='ryanhaggan']i dunno, the only experienced I've had with the game so far was with the demo... and I actually played the demo several times because I actually find myself craving it... I think the demo is awesome. Last time I played a demo this much was back in the PS1 days.

I'm just waiting for it on PSN on tuesday... I have faith that it won the gamer's choice in that genre.[/QUOTE]

Yeah for me I instantly loved DX (upon playing the demo) but the original CE I didn't really care at all for.

I seriously cannot recommend Lara Craft enough... fantastic game. Of course, I already bought it awhile back so no deals for me ;)

[quote name='ryanhaggan']
I actually find myself craving it... I think the demo is awesome.

I'm just waiting for it on PSN on tuesday... I have faith that it won the gamer's choice in that genre.
[/QUOTE]

Pac-Man lost.

Sucks that Lara Croft is not getting the Challenge Pack 2 dlc on Xbox. So get it on Xbox now and miss out on the dlc or wait and see if PSN has it on sale when the Trilogy comes out.

Who even cares about the challenge packs? They don't add Achievements, story, or anything. Just tiny challenge levels.

[quote name='eastx']Who even cares about the challenge packs? They don't add Achievements, story, or anything. Just tiny challenge levels.[/QUOTE]

Really wish I had known this before I splurged on all the challenge pack DLC. I'm just so used to DLC including new achievements that I assumed there'd be extra. Ugh, $5 down the crapper. And I almost bought the Raziel and Kain DLC before I realized there wasn't any actual content; just new characters to use.

But the game itself is freaking awesome! Totally worth it at half price.

Did anyone get the Raziel and Kain DLC and think its worth it?

The challenge packs are worthless I bought 2 on Steam to see what I was missing and was a waste of 3.49. I don't even think they are worth a buck.

The Lara Croft DLC is a joke. Don't buy it. Achievements or not, it's terrible and a ripoff even at half price. Fantastic game, terrible DLC.

[quote name='crunchewy']The Lara Croft DLC is a joke. Don't buy it. Achievements or not, it's terrible and a ripoff even at half price. Fantastic game, terrible DLC.[/QUOTE]

Thanks

[quote name='eastx']Who even cares about the challenge packs? They don't add Achievements, story, or anything. Just tiny challenge levels.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Did anyone get the Raziel and Kain DLC and think its worth it?

The challenge packs are worthless I bought 2 on Steam to see what I was missing and was a waste of 3.49. I don't even think they are worth a buck.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='crunchewy']The Lara Croft DLC is a joke. Don't buy it. Achievements or not, it's terrible and a ripoff even at half price. Fantastic game, terrible DLC.[/QUOTE]

Well that settles that question. If the dlc sucks then there's no point in waiting for a PSN sale.

I will update the OP around noon tomorrow when the Your Shape sale is out/started.

On a side note: Should I add a small reduced list (basically reposting what Major Nelson posts) of content coming soon? I know some people want to see it along with the XBLA items. My concern is overcrowding the OP and derailing the topic of this thread.

On a personal note: Don't message me on Xbox Live begging for codes. I don't have any and if I did, why would I send them to you when we have never had any form of contact on CAG or XBL?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just remembered tonight to enter in my MS points card that I got yesterday, and buy Pacman CE DX, but the deal is over. I'll skip Pacman then, and hope for some more XBLA games to hit that $5 mark soon.

[quote name='vivafriend5']Thanks for pointing out the deal. For anybody interested, keep in mind this will be in the Dreamcast collection,a retail disc, which will probably tank.[/QUOTE]

DC collection is already out... and probably already tanking. ;)

[quote name='wmclark']Sonic Adventure is on sale for 400 pts from 800 (its a blade on the console beside the dotw)

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Sonic-Adventure/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a25[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys, I have 400 points left think I'm going with Sonic Adventure instead of the DLC for Lara Croft.

I also picked up both of the TMNT arcade games for half off, thanks OP for that.

Wish they had put Lara Croft on sale for 400 points. Passed on it the first time for 600 and it is tempting but I think I might end up passing again. Trying to hold firm on the 400 points point. There's always that nagging feeling of "what if this never goes on sale again?" that tempts me to lock in now. I'm only mildly interested in the game but it does seem like it could be fun so I'm torn.

The reason Sonic Adventure is on sale ( and Yu-Gi-Oh last month, and other stuff previous months) is because its the XBL Family Gold Deal of the Month. I think its only visible on the blade if you have a Live Family Gold account, but XBL Marketplace cant tell the difference between a normal Gold account and a Family Gold account so anyone with Gold gets the sale price. Its also why some of these seemingly random deals appear unadvertised and last for 2 weeks or longer.

Just an observation I made after switching to a Family Gold plan last month I thought I'd share

[quote name='Blade3D']Definitely!!! I had CE, and I am glad I got DX.[/QUOTE]

I think he's talking about Sonic Adventure.

Also, any updates about the Your Shape sale?

The Kain/Raziel DLC isn't that bad if you want to play through the game again. I got it last night and played about 6 levels over. I also liked their previous games though.

Just noticed on the 360 dashboard there are many more deals just added this morning:

Your Shape: Fitness Evolved DLC

get fit with new year, new you=160 ms points (60% off)
a bollywood inspired dance workout=160 ms points (60% off)
tone up with cardio kickboxing=160 ms points (50% off)
get a toned body=160 ms points (50% off)

Recently Reduced:

hydrophobia=800 ms points (33% off?) regular 1200 ms points
lode runner=800 ms points (33% off?) regular 1200 ms points
Penny Arcade Episode 1=800 ms points (50% off) regular 1600 ms points
Penny Arcade Episode 2=800 ms points (50% off) regular 1600 ms points
gta iv the lost and damned=800 ms points (50% off) regular 1600 ms points
battlefield bad company 2: onslaught mode 400 ms points (50% off) regular 800 ms points
battlefield bad company 2: vip access=800 ms points (33% off?) regular 1200 ms points
burnout paradise big surf island=560 ms points (?? % off) regular 1000 ms points

Games on demand:
batman arkham asylum=$29.99 regular $39.99
borderlands=$19.99 regular $29.99
bioshock 2=$19.99 regular $29.99
super street fighter iv=$29.99 regular $39.99

*some of the items are not showing the sale price yet, so wait a bit. Also, some of the mentioned content (gta iv, bad company 2) is on "sale" now but I think those are the permanent price drops because i've seen those items for that price for awhile now.

I don't understand why MS can't work with the developers/publishers and get sales with Games on Demand, like Halo 3 for one week at $10, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back