XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Dead Money was something else I was going to buy a couple of day ago. So glad I didn't now. Can't believe I'm finally playing it smart with XBLA for once

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']Well, i would suggest Costume Quest!!!!! That was the last game I paid full price on, and LOVED IT.. It really was great to play it at halloween :) I would recommend this to about anyone!

So, Unbound Saga.. 2 bucks.. crazy.. is that a ok game, easy achievements??? Oh, does the Mirrors Edge time trials add acheivements?? The only other games I don't own that might pick up are Doom 2, 3d Minigolf (if it is easy achieve and ok), Faery, and will most def pick up Fable 3 content[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Picked up Costume Quest, Unbound Saga, Doom 2, Raskulls, and World of Keflings

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, alot of nice deals going on now and in the coming weeks, glad I picked up a couple of 4000 point cards recently from the ebay sale.

Speaking of Xbox Rewards, is anyone having mixed results with getting credit for marketplace purchases? I still have never received the 100 points for my 1st marketplace purchase, which makes me a bit wary if I am going to get the 5% credit back on any of my march purchases. Do the deals of the week and discounted content not qualify?

Also that MajorNelson site looks horrendous now. And those pictures of him at the top made me want to vomit. That guys schtick is so old now, he is the ultimate shill for xbox, but still a 'hip' gamer that's with it. I can't believe I actually listened to his podcast back in the daze. :lol:

Awesome to have a date for the Stacking DLC (April 6, according to the major), as well as a new You Don't Know Jack Pack.

And as for the deals: Niiiiiiice. I think I might have to grab Comic Jumper.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']So Comic Jumper is currently on sale for 600 but on April 1st it's going to be 400? NICE.[/QUOTE]

Nah, Costume Quest is on sale for 600 now, and Comic Jumper is going to be a 1-day sale this Friday.

Reddjoey is going to have his hands-full keeping up with all of these sales when he checks back in.

Is Vietnam really worth it? It's described as "content-heavy" and yet it says it's just 4 maps and some weapons and vehicles. It doesn't sound like much.

Wow what a nice surprise, I've had quite a few points waiting to burn. As a very slight added bonus, you get 5% of points rewarded back for purchases in March from the Xbox Live Rewards Program. Might be worth it to buy now for those waiting for April 1st.

Here's what I got:
-Raskulls
-Unbound Saga (it was cheap)
-Costume Quest (at last a sale!)
-Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare Collection (now I need to get the actual game...)

Not too interested in the Keflings games though.

[quote name='crunchewy']Is Vietnam really worth it? It's described as "content-heavy" and yet it says it's just 4 maps and some weapons and vehicles. It doesn't sound like much.[/QUOTE]

It's definitely worth it, and I thought it was worth it at 1200 points.

Think about it, in an age where CoD: BLOPS pushes 5 maps for 1200 points, and Halo sells 3 maps for 800 points, Bad Company 2 is giving you 4 maps, new vehicles, new weapons, new character models and some awesome music.

[quote name='eastx']Grabbed World of Kelflings and Unbound Saga. Still have my eye on Crazy Taxi...[/QUOTE]

Don't do it, Sega's Dreamcast ports are terrible. Not to mention they gutted the game of its style.

[quote name='topplehat']Don't do it, Sega's Dreamcast ports are terrible. Not to mention they gutted the game of its style.[/QUOTE]

I'll just play my own Bad Religion and Offspring albums as a custom soundtrack. But it's mainly for the GF, who loves the game.

[quote name='eastx']I'll just play my own Bad Religion and Offspring albums as a custom soundtrack. But it's mainly for the GF, who loves the game.[/QUOTE]

Does the Crazy Taxi port have widescreen and HD? The Sonic Adventure one didn't, it was one of the laziest ports I've ever seen.

Xbox live is having a sale. I have not seen ads and it is not posted on Majornelson.

Games.

defense grid 400pts was 800pts
doom 2 400pts was 800pts
quake arena arcade 800pts was 1200pts
zeit 2 400pts was 800pts
after burner climax 400pts was 800pts
alien breed evolution 400pts was 800pts
alien breed 2 assault 400pts was 800pts
darwinia+ 400pts was 1200 pts unbound saga 160pts was 800pts
yu-gi-oh! 5d's decade duels 400pts was 800pts
a kingdom for keflings 400pts was 800pts
crazi taxi 400pts was 800pts
3d ultra mini golf 2 400pts was 800pts
costime quest 600 pts was 1200 pts
monkey island 2 400pts was 800pts
faery: legends of avalon 600pts was 1200 pts
gyromancer 400pts was 1200 pts

game add-ons
red dead redemption undead nightmare bundle 1000pts was 1600pts
red dead redemption undead nightmare pack 400pts was 800pts

halo wars historical battle 400pts was 800pts
halo wars strategic options 400pts was 800pts
3d ultra minigolf 2 fairy tales 120pts was 240pts
mirror's edge pure time trials 400pts was 800pts

fierce moves 160pts was 320pts
black horned samurai outfit 120pts was 240pts
minotaur companion 120pts was 240pts

If anyone knows any more please share!

Maybe I'm just blind, but I hadn't seen most of these sale prices listed on the main LIVE deals thread. (Though admittedly, I only check redjoey's first 2x posts in that thread) In any case, thanks OP. Will be picking a few of these up after work today!

[quote name='eastx']I'll just play my own Bad Religion and Offspring albums as a custom soundtrack. But it's mainly for the GF, who loves the game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can live without the soundtrack. Sadly, the lack of Pizza Huts and KFCs disappoint me moreso.

I picked it up and Unbound Saga.

[quote name='pyoobez']Yeah, I can live without the soundtrack. Sadly, the lack of Pizza Huts and KFCs disappoint me moreso.

I picked it up and Unbound Saga.[/QUOTE]

I played the demo and the game felt so hollow and lifeless without hte music and "landmarks". Sorta strange that the removal of advertisements lessens the game for me.

Thanks OP, picked up a Kingdom for Keflings. A sale of this magnitude deserves it's own thread anyways! How did you find out about these?

[quote name='KiySeph']Crap... I'm gonna need a lot of points this week.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how quickly they come, but there's a buy.com ebay deal. 4000 msp for $40. There's a thread.

Crazy Taxi and Doom 2 were the two XBLA games I've wanted to go on sale the most for the past few months. Hell yeah!

Anyone who owns BFBC2 and hasn't bought Vietnam, do so immediately. It is well worth 1200 MSP, and a steal at 600.

The same goes for BF1943, unless you plan on buying the UE of BFBC2 any time soon.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']I couldn't get the Avatar pets price of 120 points. I clicked on the deal and they still are 240[/QUOTE]

That's fate telling you not to waste money on Avatar crap ;)

Does anyone know if they patched dead money? I read there were a lot of bugs with it when it first game out. It seems sorta intersting for 400, but I pretty much hated mothership zeta.... so I wonder if I would like this.

Understone for Fable 3 gets poor reviews, and people say the newest DLC for Fable is much better. Not sure if I'm going to get that.

:whee: Can't believe the Mirror's Edge DLC finally went on sale. I've been waiting for that to go down in price forever. That has made my day. Between the sales now and the sales coming up (hooray, Vietnam!) I'm going to burn through points like they're nothing.

Picked up:
-Mirror's Edge DLC
-Crazy Taxi

Still to Buy:
-Costume Quest
-Doom 2 (?)
-Zeit 2(?)
-Darwinia+(?)
-Unbound Saga(?)

And from the next two weeks:
-Fallout NV Dead Money DLC
-Fable 3 Understone DLC
-Comic Jumper
-Deadliest Warrior(?)
-Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam Expansion

Wow, a few things I want there

a kingdom for keflings
Costime quest

Are two I hear good things about.

yu-gi-oh! 5d's decade duels - I dunno about this, but I've been a sucker for Yu-Gi-Oh games in the past and enjoyed most of them.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Am I the only one concerned the sale is April 1st? ;)[/QUOTE]

Not to give them ideas, but it would be kind of funny to knock a buck off of the COD MW2 game on demand. So long as they followed up with a real sale on the 2nd.

[quote name='xblaze23']It's live now so no lol.[/QUOTE]

If this was about the April 1st sale then you are confused as it is not live yet.

[quote name='garrett9418']I see good to see that. Yeah I agree that limiting the DOTW to only Gold Members is pretty dumb. NO DISCRIMINATION MICROSOFT![/QUOTE]

It's actually quite brilliant, MS has managed to make one of the perks of buying a gold membership be the ability to spend more money. And it works. Clearly you want the DOTW, MS is betting that sooner or later you'll break down.

[quote name='joshnorm']For those that are on the fence about Alien Breed remember they are putting the trilogy out on disk form soon(-ish).

Im on a iPhone so I don't have exact date but I remember reading the announcement a little while ago.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='seanr1221']I thought that was EU only?[/QUOTE]

I was going to post about the disc version as well. It is neither confirmed or denied for sale outside of the EU. The confusion comes from the date and wording of the press release, but the press release was done by a UK company so yeah... it would be odd for them to only release it in the EU, but who knows.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I'm going to check out the demo for unbound saga, for $2 I'll probably pick it up regardless[/QUOTE]

I'll pretty much buy any game for $2 so long as it doesn't kick me in the groin and make a pass at my mother.

[quote name='crunchewy']Deals are posted:

http://majornelson.com/2011/03/29/coming-soon-to-the-xbox-live-marketplace/Comic Jumper 400 67%
[/QUOTE]

Well, it appears Comic Jumper will finally be mine.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']I still have never received the 100 points for my 1st marketplace purchase [/QUOTE]

Unless you never made a Xbox live purchase before your joined rewards that's why you didn't get it. When it says first purchase, it mean your very first purchase ever, not just after you joint rewards.

RedJoey has his hands full today...

[quote name='crunchewy']Deals are posted:

http://majornelson.com/2011/03/29/coming-soon-to-the-xbox-live-marketplace/.[/QUOTE]
That's much better. Now, I can make an informed decision. Thanks for posting.

[quote name='chipper_95']Of course they have to promise more games on sale on April 1st which is after this 5% back thing is over with. I have around 3000 ms points but the question is do I spend them now or wait until the April 1st....[/QUOTE]
I got screwed over by grabbing Pac-Man CE DX when became Deal of the Week, which was exactly one day before they announced their %5 promotion. :lol:

The main question for me was whether to spend points on Strania tommorrow or hold off for the one-day specials.

Unbound Saga is TERRIBLE!!!!!! Save the $2.00 and thats coming from a guy who really would buy any XBLA game priced at 160 points. It's HORRIBLE!!!!!!!

[quote name='Rollobobo']Unbound Saga is TERRIBLE!!!!!! Save the $2.00 and thats coming from a guy who really would buy any XBLA game priced at 160 points. It's HORRIBLE!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Unbound Saga is not that bad. It's not the cream of the crop for the beat 'em up genre, but it's not terrible. For 2 bucks it's a pretty cool game. yeah it has its flaws and downfalls, but it's not the worst game yI've ever played. (That goes to Spikeout: Battlestreet)

[quote name='Rollobobo']Unbound Saga is TERRIBLE!!!!!! Save the $2.00 and thats coming from a guy who really would buy any XBLA game priced at 160 points. It's HORRIBLE!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

I spent 160 MSP on a comicbook avatar accessory, and got a free crappy XBLA game with it. ;)

[quote name='topplehat']I played the demo and the game felt so hollow and lifeless without hte music and "landmarks". Sorta strange that the removal of advertisements lessens the game for me.[/QUOTE]

Cannot agree more! Yea, the soundtrack was a bummer. But the Pizza Hut, KFC, and Fila landmarks made that game what it was! It's like taking a 90's time capsule and taking everything distinct out of it and replacing it with generics of things. Loses what made it special.

Holy fuck that's a lot of shit on sale. I think I'm going to have to buy some points now.

The Fable III Understone Quest pack is the first DLC with no new achievements, right?

[quote name='eastx']I agree with ShinSolidus. Also, Unbound Saga has local and online co-op, which makes it much more enjoyable.[/QUOTE]

It's still TERRIBLE....save the 160msp and buy deadliest warrior instead for only 40 points more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back