XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Any word on a Moon Diver XBLA release date? I just tried it on PSN, and it was pretty fun. Though im not much of a PSN game buyer....since most of my friends only get the big hit releases

I heard something about it being a month later? Maybe its revenge for us getting Hard Corps a month before PSN

Since nothing else is retroactive on Xbox Rewards I wouldn't count on it.

I'm really surprised by the mass Unbound Saga hate. It's not a great game, but I tried out the demo and it's seems like a pretty straightforward brawler with some mildly unique elements. Sure it's a little clunky, but for $2? I'm more than fine with it.

Have a ton of trial games to play this evening...

I got a 1600 point card today and got Worms 2 with Battle Pack and Doom 2, that leaves me with 600 points for Comic Jumper and Deadliest Warrior for this weekend. Thanks OP I appreciate this thread.

[quote name='bajingo']Jambi says no, buy now. Unless you really like the MP, skip the collection it and just get the UN chapter, which is EASILY worth the $5 entry fee.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for saving me 600 points. I just assumed that all the DLC would be awesome and worth it; didn't realize the other two packs were multiplayer specific (which I can't see myself getting into).

world of keflings
raskulls
comic jumper
deadliest warrior
gyromancer
crazy taxi
Doom 2
Alien Breed

I have 1200 points I can spend, so I'm going to need to narrow this list down some. Thinking Raskulls, Keflings, and Comic Jumper are the obvious choices. Don't really need the rest, and can probably acquire them for just as cheap in the future either on disc or on other platforms.

[quote name='jimrome27']Comic Jumper and World of Keflings is a buy for me. Where should I spend my other 400?[/QUOTE]

Worms 2 if you don't already have it.

Damnit! I wish I had come here first. I had exactly 560 MS points left and picked up Yu-Gi-Oh immediately leaving 160 points. Yes, I did it...I bought that piece of garbage fighting game and I regretted it immediately. Who paid 800 points for it to begin with? It's awful. It's times like these I wish I could trade in Arcade games lol. Yu-Gi-Oh is cool, but hard as heck. Should be a fun game over Spring Break!

Snagged Raskulls, Crazy Taxi, and Unbound Saga ($2 bucks...screw it). Now just need to wait for Deadliest Warrior and Comic Jumper!

[quote name='Cheapskate']Lack of ilomilo sale makes me a sad panda.[/QUOTE]

I hear you on that. I've been waiting for a sale ever since it released. My gf really, really loved the demo and I don't think she can hold out much longer...

Is Alien Breed 2 worth it? I own 1 and played it a little. Its not bad but since I wouldn't be following the story at all and all three games I assume are basically the same I wasn't sure if it was really worth it or not.

[quote name='Pck21']Damnit! I wish I had come here first. I had exactly 560 MS points left and picked up Yu-Gi-Oh immediately leaving 160 points. Yes, I did it...I bought that piece of garbage fighting game and I regretted it immediately. Who paid 800 points for it to begin with? It's awful. It's times like these I wish I could trade in Arcade games lol. Yu-Gi-Oh is cool, but hard as heck. Should be a fun game over Spring Break![/QUOTE]

Yu-Gi-Oh isn't a fighting game lol, but I agree. It's terrible piece of crap. Half assed game by Konami with only like 1000 cards. I only bought it for 800 when it came out because I didn't think it'd ever go on sale. Should've waited :(

Might finally pop on Gyromancer and Defense Grid. Wish there was a sale on Magic Sword/Final Fight

To those on the fence about Fallout: Dead Money, get it, it's worth the measly MS points and light years better than Oper. Anchorage.

Probably will get Mass E's Arrival and BF Vietnam in the coming weeks too.

Comic Jumper is good comedy with lousy gameplay. Worth the money for the comedy, and you won't hear me saying that often.

Sorry if my hatred for Unbound Saga seems excessive but it is anathema to me. It does everything wrong that the greatest brawlers do right and just feels like an affront. A doodle. Something with no effort put in that casts an already dying genre in a light that makes more people forget about it.

So awful was the demo that if someone gave me a free copy of Unbound Saga, I would take it, only because if it did not go to me, someone else might get it and accidentally be tempted to play it. I hate a lot, but this game is one of the very, very few that gets under my skin that much.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Is Alien Breed 2 worth it? I own 1 and played it a little. Its not bad but since I wouldn't be following the story at all and all three games I assume are basically the same I wasn't sure if it was really worth it or not.[/QUOTE]
You know, I just tried the demo a bit for the first one after never paying these games any attention. I'm a sucker for any kind of space horror so I was interested right away. Seems pretty cool and it's only 5 bucks. I guess if you've only played the first one a little, go ahead and beat that one and if you're still jonesing for more, buy it before the sales over. Otherwise, buy it just in case

[quote name='chickenbutt']Yu-Gi-Oh isn't a fighting game lol, but I agree. It's terrible piece of crap. Half assed game by Konami with only like 1000 cards. I only bought it for 800 when it came out because I didn't think it'd ever go on sale. Should've waited :([/QUOTE]

He's talking about Unbound Saga.

I thought he was talking about Yu-Gi-Oh the first time too.

I bought Worms 2 because I never played it on Xbox and this game is so fun! The little voice overs are so cute too, they definitely add to the gameplay ahaha :D If anyone was wondering it's a great investment!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RollingSkull']Comic Jumper is good comedy with lousy gameplay. Worth the money for the comedy, and you won't hear me saying that often.

Sorry if my hatred for Unbound Saga seems excessive but it is anathema to me. It does everything wrong that the greatest brawlers do right and just feels like an affront. A doodle. Something with no effort put in that casts an already dying genre in a light that makes more people forget about it.

So awful was the demo that if someone gave me a free copy of Unbound Saga, I would take it, only because if it did not go to me, someone else might get it and accidentally be tempted to play it. I hate a lot, but this game is one of the very, very few that gets under my skin that much.[/QUOTE]

I almost bought Unbound Saga, then I read what you said about it. It would be free to me, since I won 1600 MSP in a contest. Scott Pilgrim gave me faith in brawlers again, after playing some truly horrid games like Fighting Force in my era; it seems I'm better off keeping those 160 MSP for a Scott Pilgrim sale, or two not-so-bad Indie games.

Thanks for your critique.

Thinking about purchasing AB 1+2 after just buying Costume Quest. I don't want to spend all of my MSP before Comic Jumper, though. :( Quick, someone PM me an unused Bing MSP code. ;)

[quote name='Indignate']He's talking about Unbound Saga.

I thought he was talking about Yu-Gi-Oh the first time too.[/QUOTE]

Oh! Completely forgot about that game being on sale. My statement still stands. The Yu-Gi-Oh game is trash. But it's the best we'll ever get on the 360 :(

I keep seeing Worms on sale and keep passing on it because it's an old game. I know I'd enjoy the gameplay, but how's the online?

[quote name='chickenbutt']Oh! Completely forgot about that game being on sale. My statement still stands. The Yu-Gi-Oh game is trash. But it's the best we'll ever get on the 360 :([/QUOTE]

Best Yu-Gi-Oh game or card battle game? I've heard that Magic is pretty good.

[quote name='Indignate']Best Yu-Gi-Oh game or card battle game? I've heard that Magic is pretty good.[/QUOTE]

Best Yu-Gi-Oh game. I'm not a fan of Magic and I like the game a hell lot more than Decade Duels.

Only Doom 2 for me so far. I'll probably pick up Comic Jumper and maybe Deadliest Warrior on the 1st. You guys had me tempted on Costume Quest and a couple others; they just don't really interest me right now.

Okay so I forgot the Battlefield DotW and need to fix a couple typos. I'm back working on the OP.

Off-Topic: Video Games Live was a good time. If it's in your area, I recommend going to see it if you think you would like a hear a symphony play some video game tunes.

[quote name='Gertle627']Only Doom 2 for me so far. I'll probably pick up Comic Jumper and maybe Deadliest Warrior on the 1st. You guys had me tempted on Costume Quest and a couple others; they just don't really interest me right now.[/QUOTE]

maybe not right NOW, but playing it during the fall and in october makes it feel urrrrxtra special. come on, invest in your future.

[quote name='bajingo']maybe not right NOW, but playing it during the fall and in october makes it feel urrrrxtra special. come on, invest in your future.[/QUOTE]
conversely, i could see it going on sale during the fall, especially around halloween.

Okay, I update the DLC post. I tried updating the Xbox.com links, but they still lead to the game pages, despite being links for the specific content. I'm too tired to go through it a third time to fix it tonight. I'm adding the BF Dotw Stuff and then going to bed

Oddly enough, I did not much care for Scott Pilgrim. It got a lot of the fundamentals right, but botched just as many. A half-cocked RCR clone, really, but what was there was quality. I don't regret it, but I DO regret that it might prevent another game of Double Dragon Advance's quality from being made if people maintain that beat-em-ups should copy Scott Pilgrim.

That said, if they DID copy Scott Pilgrim, it would not be a HUGE loss. I'm ambivalent. Some good, some bad.

Deadliest Warrior? I have NO clue why that's on the top of the XBLA charts, but Castlevania HD's undeserved spot up there confounds me further. Still, nothing really wrong with DW, but it is still pretty dumb. The popularity of the thing signals a lot about either the appeal of pirates fighting knights or people's joy at a different style fighter. Heart hopes the latter but my cynic half leans toward the former. A game you know 100% if you'll enjoy it from the demo. I recommend you all give it a shot, because you probably would have to go back to Bushido Blade to find a game similar to it. Something different, totally worth a shot at least.

If you need an excuse to NOT buy Alien Breed (I don't see the appeal in them meself), the entire trilogy is on Steam, and since it IS on Steam, you can expect better sales there than you ever will on XBLA. XBLA sales... it's nice to see them, but I still don't trust them like I trust Steam... which works out for XBLA because I pay more, but maybe not as I buy less.

Rush'N'Attack, the new one. Tried the demo... it... it feels SO CLOSE to a fantastic game but it's so far off the mark. I cannot recommend it. In fact, I recommend just skipping it.

By the way, if you need to drop excess points on indie games, lemme recommend Shoot 1up and Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess. Both are novel ideas that... at least for the former, are light on the sort of ALL CAPS INDIE annoyances you expect. Former is a shmup where ALL of your lives are in play at once, you control a whole fleet/formation of ships not unlike Galaga Reunion or whatever that one was, but with a much more conventional shump style. Great quality. Monsters is a score attack game where you double jump up a large tower, trying to gin up a good combo of touching each platform once and only once. It's short, but the simple joy of the quality controls and often "just right" mechanics give it a level of polish you would not expect from the Flash-ish art and the irritating overuse of the word AWESOME and all the other annoying quirks of that little greasy INDIE subculture.

How good is the Undead Nightmare bundle? Is it worth the 1000 MS points or should I save my points for something better? TBH, I have not purchased any DLC /Add-On so far and am curious as to how good it will be.

[quote name='diabloroxx']How good is the Undead Nightmare bundle? Is it worth the 1000 MS points or should I save my points for something better? TBH, I have not purchased any DLC /Add-On so far and am curious as to how good it will be.[/QUOTE]

This is the best DLC of 2010 behind the Mass Effect 2 chapters!! You'd be a fool not to buy it! ;)

Wow, I wake up today thinking I was only going to buy two games then the dashboard throws all these other deals at me and I end up buying ten. I have an XBLA backlog of like 40 games now :whistle2:|

[quote name='thehuskerfan']This is the best DLC of 2010 behind the Mass Effect 2 chapters!! You'd be a fool not to buy it! ;)[/QUOTE]

I agree. Lots of fun

So what's up with the love for Deadliest Warrior? I dismissed it long ago after watching the Giant Bomb quick look. I got a bit of a Kasumi Warrior vibe from it. Perhaps I will take RollingSkull's advice and dl the demo.

I really wanted to like Comic Jumper, but watching the QL, feedback from players, and playing the demo, all have me resisting it.

Think I'm just grabbing Vietnam. I will wholeheartedly endorse Monkey Island 2, tho its been on sale so many times already most interested parties must already have it.

Costume Quest is a pretty charming game that I liked but didn't love. Its one of the few times that while playing the demo, I liked it enough to buy it right then and keep playing. The charm doesn't last, but is saved somewhat by the games brevity.

Deadliest Warrior is trash. The novelty is literally the only appealing thing about the game. The hit detection is a joke and will quickly kill any thoughts you might have about taking it seriously.

[quote name='diabloroxx']How good is the Undead Nightmare bundle? Is it worth the 1000 MS points or should I save my points for something better? TBH, I have not purchased any DLC /Add-On so far and am curious as to how good it will be.[/QUOTE]

I think the Undead Nightmare pack is a steal at 400pts (I have no regrets dropping 800pts on it). No brainer, it's an amazing add-on.

Take a look at the "What's in the DLC" post and decide if the bundle is worth 1,000pts to you, with the two multiplayer packs costing an additional 600pts.

[quote name='thehuskerfan']This is the best DLC of 2010 behind the Mass Effect 2 chapters!! You'd be a fool not to buy it! ;)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='fatboyjam']I think the Undead Nightmare pack is a steal at 400pts (I have no regrets dropping 800pts on it). No brainer, it's an amazing add-on.

Take a look at the "What's in the DLC" post and decide if the bundle is worth 1,000pts to you, with the two multiplayer packs costing an additional 600pts.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tips guys. Am pretty new to Xbox gaming and wasn't sure about the game. Will buy the Undead Nightmare pack. I don't play RDR multiplayer so I guess the Bundle will be a waste for me.

Best DLC for Xbox 360 retail games imo are -> Shivering Isles for Oblivion, Episodes from Liberty City for GTAIV, Broken Steel for Fallout 3, Lair of the Shadow Broker for Mass Effect 2, Vietnam for Battlefield: Bad Company 2, General Knoxx for Borderlands, Big Surf Island for Burnout Paradise and Undead Nightmare for RDR. Just the ones I can think off the top of my head.

Just bought both Keflings games, debating about the Halo Wars DLC, and will get the Fable 3 dlc and Comic Jumper most likely on Friday.

A lot of typing and stuff for you this week reddjoey. Great job as always. Very much appreciated!

[quote name='basis']Was this the first time Costume Quest has been on sale? I thought it was on sale previously.[/QUOTE]
It was on sale on PSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back