XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rodster']If Comic Jumper is still priced at 400 points get it, the game is awesome at that price. The best 400 points I have ever spent on XBL. :applause:[/QUOTE]

I'm really enjoying it, and you get a premium theme and avatar awards.......oh and the 'Splosin man levels. My kinda deal.

[quote name='gotdott']finally got the mystique achievement fuck yea[/QUOTE]

I'd be interested in teaming up with some people to get this. However, I can't do it until after the 14th due to term papers and such. My gamertag is SoHottScott if anybody wants to play sometime.

[quote name='mattBLiTZ']So, which XBLA game should I buy Wednesday!? I might go for both if I can't decide =X[/QUOTE]

Red Faction will be free if I'm not mistaken on PSN (PS+) so I'd get it there if you can. And assuming the Dishwasher game is a sequel to the first one I wouldn't get it at all. If you liked the first one go for it but I'm passing based on the first one not being to my taste.

[quote name='gotdott']finally got the mystique achievement fuck yea[/QUOTE]

Same here. :D When you try to do this one, make sure you start playing from the character select screen rather than join a game already in progress otherwise the achievement may not fire even if you meet the requirement. Don't wait to long to try to do it, either. There's seems to be a steep drop in the number of players in the two days since the sale.

raskulls
world of keflings
costume quest
gyromancer
monkey island 2
unbound saga
comic jumper
deadliest warrior
xmen
fable 3 dlc
fallout nv dlc

i never really buy arcade games but some of the sales were too good to pass up, i even picked up a few things i would have never even noticed before the sale but i am glad i did.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Red Faction will be free if I'm not mistaken on PSN (PS+) so I'd get it there if you can. [/QUOTE]

Free for newcomers that got the email for that offer I think.

[quote name='simmias']This brings up a good point. I know we as CAGs are usually content to let games sit in our backlogs, but if you're an achievement junkie you really should play X-men right away. Not only is it a fun game, but it's a super easy 200/200, and there will never be more people online than there are now.[/QUOTE]

this.
i was actually iffy about picking this one up even with the nostalgia factor because even the demo felt repetitive but 200 points was just too good to pass on. i have actually had a blast playing this one, its just a brainless beat 'em up but its fun to jump in and run through the game with friends. plus the 200 achievement points come in with little to no effort.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Red Faction will be free if I'm not mistaken on PSN (PS+) so I'd get it there if you can. And assuming the Dishwasher game is a sequel to the first one I wouldn't get it at all. If you liked the first one go for it but I'm passing based on the first one not being to my taste.[/QUOTE]

It's also free if you preorder the new Red Faction game at Amazon or GameStop.

I ended up buying Raskulls even though it didn't look that good but I am glad I did. Ended up putting it on for a little bit to fall asleep and 2 hours later I was still on

[quote name='TheRobReport']I ended up buying Raskulls even though it didn't look that good but I am glad I did. Ended up putting it on for a little bit to fall asleep and 2 hours later I was still on[/QUOTE]

it was a last minute impulse buy for me because i had exactly 400 points burning a hole in my pocket but it has probably turned out to be the best purchase i made during the sale. i wasnt a big fan of the demo but i love the game.

Raskulls is a great game but chances are it won't last you as long as something like Super Meat Boy or Splosion Man. Interesting platformer but probably not as solid. Still, $5 is a great price for a game like that!

[quote name='Stimes']I think I'm going to get Raskulls too it's made by the developers of Age of Zombies so it can't be that bad.[/QUOTE]

It is fun but some of the levels will leave you ridculously frustrated.

[quote name='schuerm26']It is fun but some of the levels will leave you ridculously frustrated.[/QUOTE]

truth. i love raskulls but every once in a while i feel like i might throw my controller at someone, completing those tough levels is a great feeling though.

Raskulls ups the difficulty in spikes it seems and like Super Meat Boy where you might find the similar difficulty spike it isn't cheap (SMB). I still enjoyed the game, true you get a feeling of accomplishment when you finally beat those levels, and I really liked the humor as well. Don't forget you can get Raskull Keflings in your game if you also have A World of Keflings and build their little Skull house. ^^

[quote name='Spybreak8']Raskulls ups the difficulty in spikes it seems and like Super Meat Boy where you might find the similar difficulty spike it isn't cheap (SMB). I still enjoyed the game, true you get a feeling of accomplishment when you finally beat those levels, and I really liked the humor as well. Don't forget you can get Raskull Keflings in your game if you also have A World of Keflings and build their little Skull house. ^^[/QUOTE]

nice, i bought world of keflings too and didnt notice that.

[quote name='XP1']Here's the list of achievement difficulty scores, ranked lowest to highest, according to the guide writers of Xbox360Achievements.org and its community.

Achievement difficulty list:
[/QUOTE]

Makes me reconsider snagging Darwinia+ and Zeit2. Those were the only games on my list I decided to pass over. Hmm.

Is Faery any good at all? I booted up the demo and immediately lost interest.

with Red Factions Battleground & RFA being released soon, i'd wished THQ would offer the RFG DLCs for sale. I don't recall them ever being on sale :(

[quote name='Azul_KoolAid']Is the Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare Bundle worth getting if I have no intentions of playing online multiplayer? I might just get pack but I don't want to miss out on something that's in the other DLC that might add to the single player.[/QUOTE]

The other DLC packs are multiplayer exclusive content. If you aren't interested, just get the Undead Nightmare DLC and save yourself some points.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Is Faery any good at all? I booted up the demo and immediately lost interest.[/QUOTE]
I thought it was worth $7.50, but if you hated the demo you'll probably hate the game. Although it says it's a 1/10 difficulty above there, I'd say it's a 2/10. It has an achievement you can miss easily if you do a quest the wrong way, and a quest that's a pain in the butt to trigger (the hag's husband quest).

There's a decent amount of specialization you can do with your character, and I enjoyed trying to find all the equipment and max my experience. I also liked the flying dynamic more often than not.

The gameplay is essentially fetch quests, exploring and turn-based battles, with an interesting-enough story. There's a speech wheel that's lifted straight from Mass Effect. Overall a pretty fun 10 hours for me, but YMMV. Some reviewers said they fell asleep playing, which I can see.

[quote name='basis']with Red Factions Battleground & RFA being released soon, i'd wished THQ would offer the RFG DLCs for sale. I don't recall them ever being on sale :([/QUOTE]

I don't remember them being on sale either. I only care about Demons of the Badlands though. No reason to get the MP one now since MP is just about dead. Never really got into Wrecking Crew either (which the other DLC is for).

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Is Faery any good at all? I booted up the demo and immediately lost interest.[/QUOTE]I played the trial yesterday but didn't really like it. I got a headache from flying and trying to fly here and there. The battles are like in Pokémon, where you have to take turns.

If only I had more points, I would like to get this game for the achievements.
Because I am running out of points now, I would buy it instantly if it were 200 MSP instead of the 600 MSP sale price.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Raskulls ups the difficulty in spikes it seems and like Super Meat Boy where you might find the similar difficulty spike it isn't cheap (SMB). I still enjoyed the game, true you get a feeling of accomplishment when you finally beat those levels, and I really liked the humor as well. Don't forget you can get Raskull Keflings in your game if you also have A World of Keflings and build their little Skull house. ^^[/QUOTE]

Yeah, a few of the Raskulls levels were a beeeotch. But, I got them all done-Got my 200 cheeves-wish the DLC was on sale (160pts is still low but 80 would be better) any other dlc comming for this game? I really fell in love with it the past few days- Love Mr. Destructiod character. Def worth the five smackers. I wish illomilo was included this week :( you get that character in the game too-
It looks like it will be couple weeks before I buy more arcade/DOTW-don't own the BattleF2 game...

[quote name='ravens52bears54']Likewise.[/QUOTE]

Is anyone else picking up this game tomorrow? Because I really really really have to know each and every person that is planning on buying it.

/jerk

;)

Is anyone here familiar with this Halo Reach deal?:

"Buy It, Play It,
Get 400 Microsoft Points
Purchase Halo: Reach - Defiant Map Pack or Halo: Reach Games on Demand from April 1st to May 15th, 2011 and get 400 Microsoft Points."

I saw this after doing that trivia promotion with Xbox Live Rewards. There's literally no fine print other than that. Any doubts I should have going for this? About when will I receive the 400 pts?

edit. I found this from joey:
"As an FYI to everyone getting the map pack. There is an 8-10 week wait for the 400pt rebate."
Any other restrictions I should know about?

[quote name='drawingboard']I found this from joey:
"As an FYI to everyone getting the map pack. There is an 8-10 week wait for the 400pt rebate."
Any other restrictions I should know about?[/QUOTE]
Just be aware that's 8-10 weeks after May 15, not the date of your DLC purchase.

[quote name='NoDAK']Just be aware that's 8-10 weeks after May 15, not the date of your DLC purchase.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's just me but I don't see the real big deal with the wait time. Fact is you'll get it. But that's just my opinion.

Awesome, thanks everyone. I don't mind the wait either, I just don't wanna find out 11 weeks from May 15th, that I didn't do something to get the promotion to work properly.
I already have the Banshee prop. I'm wondering how they distribute it though, via code, auto-download, etc.

Trying to make a late decision on the Worms Battle Pack. Anybody who's picked it up: do you feel it's worth the 200pts & does it add a lot of new playability to the game? Thanks!

[quote name='RollingSkull']We had a Monday leak of the dismal Rush N Attack, why not a monday leak of Dishwasher?! Argh![/QUOTE]

I just tried the Rush N Attack demo and didn't think it was too bad aside from it being needlessly gory, which is annoying. Why does everything have to be M rated? Still, I thought the demo was pretty fun, if easy. I'll probably pick it up when it goes on sale for 400 points, though. Not in a hurry on it.

[quote name='crunchewy']I just tried the Rush N Attack demo and didn't think it was too bad aside from it being needlessly gory, which is annoying. Why does everything have to be M rated? Still, I thought the demo was pretty fun, if easy. I'll probably pick it up when it goes on sale for 400 points, though. Not in a hurry on it.[/QUOTE]

The game showed so many good ideas but the execution in the platforming and the combat didn't work, in my opinion. Also slow-ass cutscenes that you can't skip to a full dialogue bar, you have to skip the WHOLE DIALOGUE. Annoying.

Also, I wasn't feeling their art style. It felt like it was trying TOO hard... which is odd as I usually get off on this sorta pulpy stuff.

Ended up buying a fair share this week.

Raskulls
World of Keflings
Darwinia +
X-Men
Unbound Saga
Faery
Costume Quest
Deadliest Warrior (I know what I said before, the damn CAG in me caved at the price despite my initial thoughts)
Comic Jumper

I seriously considered but ultimately passed on Crazy Taxi (just wasn't into it enough to ignore that it is on disc now, Alien Breed 1 and 2 because I figure there is a good chance of a sale for all 3 in the future, and After Burner Climax because I just wasn't really feeling the demo.

I now have as much of a XBLA backlog as I do a disc one...

I heard that the DOTW now starts on Tuesdays from Major Nelson. Does anybody know what time it starts and ends? I remember seeing 9AM PST Tuesdays but I am not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back