XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='garrett9418']I heard that the DOTW now starts on Tuesdays from Major Nelson. Does anybody know what time it starts and ends? I remember seeing 9AM PST Tuesdays but I am not sure.[/QUOTE]

According to FAQ posted by reddjoey:

Q: When do the deals go live?
A: Deal of the Week deals go live on Tuesday morning usually around 9am EST. (Monday's before 3/22/11)

[quote name='vamn']According to FAQ posted by reddjoey:[/QUOTE]

What does it mean by Monday's Before? And also that means that the previous week's deal should end Tuesday around 9AM EST since the deals go from Tuesday-Tuesday right?

[quote name='garrett9418']What does it mean by Monday's Before?[/QUOTE]

He meant it used to be on Mondays before 3/22/11, but it's on Tuesdays now. :)

Portal Still Alive, the XBLA port of Portal 1, is 600 MSP instead of the regular 1200. I just saw this on twitter so no idea if its one of the secret sales or if its advertised on the dashboard.

I bought it back when it was 400 on the Black Friday sale and enjoyed it. I already played through Portal 2 times though, 360 and PC. It also included extra challenge rooms not in the original. If you haven't played Portal somehow its a good deal.

[quote name='XF Gator']Definitely picking up BFBC2 Vietnam tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

How is this one?

Also how is the faery game? Is it worth it.

[quote name='gepet0']How is this one?[/QUOTE]

I loved it. Awesome music, Cool Maps, and New Weapons. I got a Silver medal with all the Guns, and logged a lot of hours into it. Really fun. I thought it was worth it at 1200 points, so 600 points is a steal.

Looks like Halo ODST is supposed to be on games on demand but when you go to the link It's not up. I hope they wouldn't charge more then $20 for it since It's that or less everywhere else, but knowing Microsoft...

Also, FINALLY Tales of Vesperia is games on Demand but It's $30. Maybe a graces port to be announced this or next week for the 360? One can dream.

Raiden IV also on demand is an excellent game, but again the price is too high.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']

Also, FINALLY Tales of Vesperia is games on Demand but It's $30. Maybe a graces port to be announced this or next week for the 360? One can dream.

[/QUOTE]

I hope there is a Graces port, as I LOVED Tales of Vesperia, best RPG on the Xbox 360 (I think)

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']There is an offer on the dashboard that says you get 160 points for buying Scott Pilgrim.[/QUOTE]

Never mind, it says free WITH game purchase was reading it wrong. Anyway it definitely says the "bonus item" will be sent to you via XBox Live but nowhere does it say 160pts. Is there a link to that someplace else?

[quote name='RollingSkull']The game showed so many good ideas but the execution in the platforming and the combat didn't work, in my opinion. Also slow-ass cutscenes that you can't skip to a full dialogue bar, you have to skip the WHOLE DIALOGUE. Annoying.

Also, I wasn't feeling their art style. It felt like it was trying TOO hard... which is odd as I usually get off on this sorta pulpy stuff.[/QUOTE]

I thought the platforming and combat worked fine, but I agree about the cut scenes. Also, I just can't get into a story for this type of game at all (really, mostly in any game), so I didn't like the looooong opening scene. Still, once past that I had fun with it. I can see just skipping the cut scenes entirely though I didn't during the demo - it wouldn't bother me at all to miss it completely. Will wait for a sale, but will pick it up for sure at some point. I should note that I never played the original game, so I have no preconception of what the game should be like, perhaps that's why I liked it.

I'm mulling over whether or not to get Vietnam and Onslaught for BFBC2. I haven't had much luck playing FPS online, but if I ever manage to figure out how not to die over and over, I might end up regretting not having gotten these while on sale. Also I'm wondering if Onslaught might be more my speed - that's a coop game mode, with everyone fighting NPCs, is that correct? I can see having fun with that for sure.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Looks like Halo ODST is supposed to be on games on demand but when you go to the link It's not up. I hope they wouldn't charge more then $20 for it since It's that or less everywhere else, but knowing Microsoft...[/QUOTE]

Man, I really hope this is the full ODST package once they put it up and not just the ODST disc. AFAIK it'd be the first multi-disc Games on Demand release.

[quote name='crunchewy']I'm mulling over whether or not to get Vietnam and Onslaught for BFBC2.[/QUOTE]

IMO vanilla BC2 is plenty enough game to satisfy. Though I guess if you are the type of person that can actually stomach the single-player of that game you might enjoy Onslaught. There's no reason to buy Vietnam if you aren't sure about it.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Raiden IV also on demand is an excellent game, but again the price is too high.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. Raiden IV is a fun game and all, but the fact that it's still priced as a retail disc means it just can't compete with some of the superior shooters found on XBLA than run for a fraction of the price. Buying through GoD will mean you'll also miss out on the free soundtrack CD packaged with the disc-based version of the game.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']Man, I really hope this is the full ODST package once they put it up and not just the ODST disc. AFAIK it'd be the first multi-disc Games on Demand release.
[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing it will only be the first disc. The second disc has nothing to do with ODST. It's not like ME2 or DS2 which is one game that spans multiple discs.

[quote name='seanr1221']Picked up Onslaught mode.

At 800 points I said nah...at 400 I was hesitant...at 200 it was a no brainer.[/QUOTE]

Me too. 200 points - I have to try it. Would be up for some coop on that some time if anyone's interested.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']For 160pts, I figure buy now ask questions later...at least that's what I did :)[/QUOTE]

Me to. See this is why MS needs to be more aggressive with sales: People won't question most purchases at 200 pts or less. I know deadliest warrior and unbound saga weren't exactly shining gems but I didn't hesitate to buy either at such a low price. Even at 400 pts I would question buying Worms *if* I didn't know much about it. With Unbound Saga being in the best sellers I'm sure the company who made the game got some decent money off of this sale whereas it wasn't selling at all at 800 pts (or even 400 if it was).

Microsoft needs to encourage companies to slash their game to 200 pts or less for a week only and see how much money they can get out of it. Hell I'm sure even Space Giraffe or Fatal Fury would sell boat loads at 160pts.

Dang it!

I JUST picked up the BC2 stuff this weekend since I just got it back from a friend. *sigh*
This is what I get for not checking CAG beforehand. :/

[quote name='gotdott']is the xbla portal any different from the orange box version for 360?[/QUOTE]
Portal: Still Alive includes the 14 bonus challenges. Each version also has different achievements for the main campaign.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Me to. See this is why MS needs to be more aggressive with sales: People won't question most purchases at 200 pts or less. I know deadliest warrior and unbound saga weren't exactly shining gems but I didn't hesitate to buy either at such a low price. Even at 400 pts I would question buying Worms *if* I didn't know much about it. With Unbound Saga being in the best sellers I'm sure the company who made the game got some decent money off of this sale whereas it wasn't selling at all at 800 pts (or even 400 if it was).

Microsoft needs to encourage companies to slash their game to 200 pts or less for a week only and see how much money they can get out of it. Hell I'm sure even Space Giraffe or Fatal Fury would sell boat loads at 160pts.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I'll buy pretty much anything for $2.50 or less.

Hell, I spend more than that playing Big Buck Hunter for 10 minutes at my local theater while waiting for my movie to start. ;)

[quote name='joeyshadows']Onslaught is free to people with VIP passes right?[/QUOTE]

Is it? I thought VIP only gets you the VIP map packs for free.

[quote name='joeyshadows']Onslaught is free to people with VIP passes right? Can't wait to get home and get Vietnam. :)[/QUOTE]

You get onslaught free with the UE but not with just the VIP code. VIP code gets you several maps.

As much as I want Portal right now...I'll pass...I already have the Orange Box for X360 and PC...Maybe at $5 (which is the sweet spot for most XBLA games). Just drop the sale 200 more points and I'll bite lol

[quote name='DarkZion']So if I got the Ultimate Edition of BF:BC2, I'd only need to get the Vietnam pack, right?[/QUOTE]

Correct

On the first page, it says Buy Scott Pilgrim and get the Knives add on free but when I checked the dashboard it said get "Bloody Good Time" free

The Vietnam pack it worth it. Won it in a giveaway from The Kartel when they posted the Facebook link on here but I would have happily paid 600 msp for it.

I got a Dashboard deal saying if I bought Scott Pilgrim, I got Bloody Good Time for free.

Unfortunately I already bought Scott Pilgrim...

[quote name='nnthomas']I got a Dashboard deal saying if I bought Scott Pilgrim, I got Bloody Good Time for free.

Unfortunately I already bought Scott Pilgrim...[/QUOTE]

This. What's worse is I just bought the Knives DLC a couple days ago before the March cut-off for the 5% bonus back. Is Bloody Good Time another SP DLC?

At least I bought it during the 400 point sale a while ago. Had bought it day 1 at full price on PSN and 100%ed it long before the XBLA sale and decided I could easily dive back in for more. One of the best brawlers this generation. If not the best. Hard to deny Castle Crashers the top spot though.

Bloody Good Time isn't DLC. It's a separate game, sequel to The Ship. MP focused assassin style FPS. Kill only your target. Also it sucks.

My dashboard simply offers a 160 msp rebate for buying SP.

Also just thought I would remind everyone that this week's Battlefield sale is the 3rd of the 4 items in the voting we had a little while ago for Gold Member's Choice. Hopefully this means we will see a deal on Pinball FX2 soon. I'd probably buy any of the content they put on sale for it.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Bloody Good Time isn't DLC. It's a separate game, sequel to The Ship. MP focused assassin style FPS. Kill only your target. Also it sucks.[/QUOTE]

I really wish it was like The Ship, but they strip everything good about that game and made a crappy "demo" version of it almost

so for anyone who already has or is going to get Portal Still Alive, how does the game control/play well on the 360? I'm getting the demo soon to try it out but would like some impression cause I'm not sure whether to buy Portal 2 on 360 or PC.

I played the original on my PC, and my laptop should be able to run the half life 2 games on all high settings but thinking of getting the sequel on 360

[quote name='anarchyburger']so for anyone who already has or is going to get Portal Still Alive, how does the game control/play well on the 360? I'm getting the demo soon to try it out but would like some impression cause I'm not sure whether to buy Portal 2 on 360 or PC.

I played the original on my PC, and my laptop should be able to run the half life 2 games on all high settings but thinking of getting the sequel on 360[/QUOTE]

I love it, but bare in mind I never bothered to try it on PC really. I'd say if your pc can run it real well to do that solely for mods, there's some good ones from the 1st I know.

[quote name='anarchyburger']so for anyone who already has or is going to get Portal Still Alive, how does the game control/play well on the 360? I'm getting the demo soon to try it out but would like some impression cause I'm not sure whether to buy Portal 2 on 360 or PC.

I played the original on my PC, and my laptop should be able to run the half life 2 games on all high settings but thinking of getting the sequel on 360[/QUOTE]

Section 8 prejudice comes out on the 20th of this month if i were you i would save those 600 points!!

hmmm... 1 Xbox is saying 160 MSP, the other Knives Chau. I guess, they are trying to see what people will bite on, I will adjust the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back