XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rollobobo']Does anyone know how much Might and Magic is coming out for? Hopefully 800 points or lower![/QUOTE]

Pretty sure 1200. Game is a steal at the price still.

[quote name='kidrocklive']I love it, but bare in mind I never bothered to try it on PC really. I'd say if your pc can run it real well to do that solely for mods, there's some good ones from the 1st I know.[/QUOTE]

I played both on 360 and PC and my only gripe is that sometimes you just don't feel like you have enough precision and speed to place portals and stuff in time on 360. If you can get use to really high sensitive settings I guess it would be fine either way though.

Also Hexic HD is on the marketplace for free now. Before I think you had to call up support if you wanted it back. The game came installed on 360s so theres not much point to it unless you deleted it for some reason. Its only 55 MB as well.

In for BF 1943. Heard good things.

And as for Portal Still Alive, I recently started playing it after picking it up a while back. I already played thru it on (and still have) Orange Box, but the game is so good, it warrants a 2nd copy.

Got a dashboard deal for Spare Parts for 400 points as a Family deal. When I went to XBox.com, I was able to purchase it for 400 points. Claimed to be a gold deal on XBox.com, but I'm not sure if it was through family gold or normal gold.

[quote name='ReussDr']Got a dashboard deal for Spare Parts for 400 points as a Family deal. When I went to XBox.com, I was able to purchase it for 400 points. Claimed to be a gold deal on XBox.com, but I'm not sure if it was through family gold or normal gold.[/QUOTE]

Neat I see it too. Going to have to try the demo now and see if this one's any good. Not that the backlog isn't big enough I suppose. :p

[quote name='ReussDr']Got a dashboard deal for Spare Parts for 400 points as a Family deal. When I went to XBox.com, I was able to purchase it for 400 points. Claimed to be a gold deal on XBox.com, but I'm not sure if it was through family gold or normal gold.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Aren't Family Deals month long?

[quote name='Skram']Also Hexic HD is on the marketplace for free now. Before I think you had to call up support if you wanted it back. The game came installed on 360s so theres not much point to it unless you deleted it for some reason. Its only 55 MB as well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Nabbed Hexic. Considering it's been free before, glad to finally get it for the same.

[quote name='DarkZion']So if I got the Ultimate Edition of BF:BC2, I'd only need to get the Vietnam pack, right?[/QUOTE]
If you want all of the achievements you will need the specact upgrades aswel

Spare Parts, how is it? Wanna know what a cager thinks of it that purchased the game. Demo only let's u get to the tutorial part and that's it, not much playing time of the game.

[quote name='100xp']Dashboard offer for me is a avatar guitar prop... (for Scott Pilgrim)[/QUOTE]

weird the one i got is buy scott pilgrim and get bloody good time free

[quote name='ivegotalobon']If you want all of the achievements you will need the specact upgrades aswel[/QUOTE]

So Ultimate includes the
Kit Short-cut Bundle Pack?

Is that something you can unlock for free by playing?

[quote name='HeSaveDave']So Ultimate includes the
Kit Short-cut Bundle Pack?

Is that something you can unlock for free by playing?[/QUOTE]

Not sure if its included in the Ultimate, but the short-cut bundle is exactly what it sounds like - a short cut. Normally, you get unlocks gradually by earning experience during multiplayer. It doesn't take very long to get everything, but I suppose if you were impatient you could spend the points to unlock it immediately. Everything in the Kit Short-cut bundle can be unlocked naturally during the course of play.

The final unlock for each class is the last weapon. As someone earlier pointed out, you also get the final weapon (its actually a reskin of it in a different slot) with the Specast bundle - as well as being able to earn the achievements for it.

I recommend skipping the short-cut bundle, maybe consider the Specast bundle. Alternately you could check out the Dr. Pepper promotion and see if you can still unlock the specast stuff that way. Hope that helps.

Thanks whoever pointed out that Hexic was back on the marketplace. Deleted it when I had my 20gb to free up some space without knowing that they took it off the marketplace.

[quote name='100xp']Dashboard offer for me is a avatar guitar prop... (for Scott Pilgrim)[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

I have a US account, Gold (4+ years), and over 4000 MSP. Perhaps one (or more) of these factors influence the offer?

[quote name='gunstar808']

I recommend skipping the short-cut bundle, maybe consider the Specast bundle. Alternately you could check out the Dr. Pepper promotion and see if you can still unlock the specast stuff that way. Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this, unlocking weapons was one of the things that keeps you playing this game so don't get the shortcut pack. Also the Dr. Pepper promo should still work you can basically get the Specast pack for 4 DP caps. 1943, Vietnam, and Onslaught are must have though.

I just might have to bite on Vietnam and Portal for 600 each, that's easily in my wheelhouse in terms of what I'm willing to pay

[quote name='ivegotalobon']If you want all of the achievements you will need the specact upgrades aswel[/QUOTE]

From Amazon description on BFBC2UE: The Ultimate Edition includes Battlefield 1943 and Onslaught co-op mode, as well as the early-access unlocks from the Limited Edition. The package also includes a VIP code granting access to a multitude of downloadable map packs.

So I assume "early-access" is the Shortcut bundle and UE does't include the Specast bundle, right?

[quote name='probin74243']From Amazon description on BFBC2UE: The Ultimate Edition includes Battlefield 1943 and Onslaught co-op mode, as well as the early-access unlocks from the Limited Edition. The package also includes a VIP code granting access to a multitude of downloadable map packs.

So I assume "early-access" is the Shortcut bundle and UE does't include the Specast bundle, right?[/QUOTE]
nope, the shortcut pack gives everything unlockable, the early access is just a few guns early

[quote name='probin74243']From Amazon description on BFBC2UE: The Ultimate Edition includes Battlefield 1943 and Onslaught co-op mode, as well as the early-access unlocks from the Limited Edition. The package also includes a VIP code granting access to a multitude of downloadable map packs.

So I assume "early-access" is the Shortcut bundle and UE does't include the Specast bundle, right?[/QUOTE]

Neither the shortcut or SPECTAT are included with the UE. Only early access to some all-class weapons. The regular gun progression for each class either has to be unlocked by playing normally, or by buying the shortcut DLC.

Broke down and got Portal even though I have it on Steam. I want to play it again before Portal 2 (360) arrives from Amazon in a little less than 2 weeks.

Not really sure buying portal again is worth the challenge rooms, considering you can find the entire orange box for around $10 at most places now.

Checking out the Spare Parts demo though.

[quote name='DomLando']Any reason to pick up Portal Still Alive if I already have Orange Box?[/QUOTE]

More levels and 200 more Achievement Points, plus the convenience of launching it from your hard drive, I suppose.

I might buy Portal Still Alive as I've only played it on my computer and I loved it. I wouldn't mind playing through it again, plus the extra levels. Then again, we'll have Portal 2 soon enough. Hmm.

Since I decided to buy Comic Jumper I thought I'd go ahead and play through it. That might have been one of the most excruciating gaming experiences I've had in a loong time. Boring repetative gameplay coupled with constant deaths from super tricky enemy positioning. Every enemy felt cheap. I thought at least it would have been good for some laughs but all I got was a couple chuckles.

I got my $5 worth of game time I suppose but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I think Twisted Pixel is officially going on my "Do not ever buy this developer's games" list that I have to make up special just for them. I haven't played The Maw but I couldn't stand 'Splosion Man and wouldn't pay even the 160msp it sold for on it's one day sale. It's a shame as they have some great ideas but clearly they don't know how to execute. All of their games seem like they would be really cool but when you get in you'll find that they are just terrible.

Moving on to another arcade game I picked up during last week's sale. Anyone recommend one to play next? I picked up most of the games on sale (both keflings, Worms, Raskulls, Deadliest Warrior,CQ, After Burner,Darwinia, Def Grid, DOOM II, Gyromancer, Unbound Saga, & Zeit2. I'm thinking something that is lite and fun. Perhaps CQ? Raskulls might be good but I heard it getsfuckng insane hard as you progress so maybe that's not the best game to play yet.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Moving on to another arcade game I picked up during last week's sale. Anyone recommend one to play next? I picked up most of the games on sale (both keflings, Worms, Raskulls, Deadliest Warrior,CQ, After Burner,Darwinia, Def Grid, DOOM II, Gyromancer, Unbound Saga, & Zeit2. I'm thinking something that is lite and fun. Perhaps CQ? Raskulls might be good but I heard it getsfuckng insane hard as you progress so maybe that's not the best game to play yet.[/QUOTE]
I have been playing through Unbound Saga recently and have to admit I'm rather enjoying it despite its numerous shortcomings. The game is only about 2.5 hours long and I never hit a Game Over screen once on the regular difficulty. There's no arguing that the game is very repetitive but it can still be enjoyable if you grew up playing brawlers and have someone to co-op the game with.

I can certainly see where all the hate for this game is coming from, but I thought it was worth the $2.

[quote name='Thrinn']I have been playing through Unbound Saga recently and have to admit I'm rather enjoying it despite its numerous shortcomings. The game is only about 2.5 hours long and I never hit a Game Over screen once on the regular difficulty. There's no arguing that the game is very repetitive but it can still be enjoyable if you grew up playing brawlers and have someone to co-op the game with.

I can certainly see where all the hate for this game is coming from, but I thought it was worth the $2.[/QUOTE]

Yea I'm waiting to play that with my brother. Maybe tonight. Same with the keflings games. Going to play those with my sister-in-law. It'd be nice to have someone to play some coop with for a change.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Since I decided to buy Comic Jumper I thought I'd go ahead and play through it. That might have been one of the most excruciating gaming experiences I've had in a loong time. Boring repetative gameplay coupled with constant deaths from super tricky enemy positioning. Every enemy felt cheap. I thought at least it would have been good for some laughs but all I got was a couple chuckles.

I got my $5 worth of game time I suppose but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I think Twisted Pixel is officially going on my "Do not ever buy this developer's games" list that I have to make up special just for them. I haven't played The Maw but I couldn't stand 'Splosion Man and wouldn't pay even the 160msp it sold for on it's one day sale. It's a shame as they have some great ideas but clearly they don't know how to execute. All of their games seem like they would be really cool but when you get in you'll find that they are just terrible.[/QUOTE]

I'm not quite ready to write them off just yet, but I will say that I've liked them progressively less with each game. Even with Splosion Man in between, I'm not sure how they went from the quiet charm of The Maw to the lame, abrasive humor of Comic Jumper.

[quote name='rapsodist']I'm not quite ready to write them off just yet, but I will say that I've liked them progressively less with each game. Even with Splosion Man in between, I'm not sure how they went from the quiet charm of The Maw to the lame, abrasive humor of Comic Jumper.[/QUOTE]
I liked The Maw, so I bought Splosion Man expecting something similiar. What I got was one of the worst games I've ever played in my life. It would be great if I liked Trial & Error jumping puzzles, that required split second guessing. I thought about Comic Jumper, but everyone here warned me about it. I'm glad I listened to them.

I never bothered with the single player, but the co-op campaign in Splosion Man was a blast.

Comic Jumper on the other hand...will make me seriously think twice before I buy another Twisted Pixel game that's not Splosion Man.

How on earth is Splosion Man trial and error jumping? It's pretty good at not killing you if you trust it not to and make the right timing. Also it's one of the best co-op games I've ever played.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']How on earth is Splosion Man trial and error jumping? It's pretty good at not killing you if you trust it not to and make the right timing. Also it's one of the best co-op games I've ever played.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Since I decided to buy Comic Jumper I thought I'd go ahead and play through it. That might have been one of the most excruciating gaming experiences I've had in a loong time. Boring repetative gameplay coupled with constant deaths from super tricky enemy positioning. Every enemy felt cheap. I thought at least it would have been good for some laughs but all I got was a couple chuckles.

I got my $5 worth of game time I suppose but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I think Twisted Pixel is officially going on my "Do not ever buy this developer's games" list that I have to make up special just for them. I haven't played The Maw but I couldn't stand 'Splosion Man and wouldn't pay even the 160msp it sold for on it's one day sale. It's a shame as they have some great ideas but clearly they don't know how to execute. All of their games seem like they would be really cool but when you get in you'll find that they are just terrible.

Moving on to another arcade game I picked up during last week's sale. Anyone recommend one to play next? I picked up most of the games on sale (both keflings, Worms, Raskulls, Deadliest Warrior,CQ, After Burner,Darwinia, Def Grid, DOOM II, Gyromancer, Unbound Saga, & Zeit2. I'm thinking something that is lite and fun. Perhaps CQ? Raskulls might be good but I heard it getsfuckng insane hard as you progress so maybe that's not the best game to play yet.[/QUOTE]

I know exactly how you feel. I just forced myself to finish the game today and it's unlikely I will ever buy another twisted pixel game again. Challenging gameplay is one thing, but this game is just plain cheap.

So umm...is Spare Parts worth the 5 bucks? Looks like a PS1 type of game (like Crash, Spyro) and I love those types of games

[quote name='drawingboard']I liked The Maw, so I bought Splosion Man expecting something similiar. What I got was one of the worst games I've ever played in my life. It would be great if I liked Trial & Error jumping puzzles, that required split second guessing. I thought about Comic Jumper, but everyone here warned me about it. I'm glad I listened to them.[/QUOTE]

If Splosion Man didn't have the way of the coward option, which lets you skip the level while getting a null value for time, I would have stopped playing it a long time ago lol. The first boss took me 10 times to beat but other than that I didn't really find a difficulty wall which ruined my experience. The difficulty does ramp up as you play but it's doable and again remember about Ms. Splosion Man which will be less of the difficulty spike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back