XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Karkian']I know exactly how you feel. I just forced myself to finish the game today and it's unlikely I will ever buy another twisted pixel game again. Challenging gameplay is one thing, but this game is just plain cheap.[/QUOTE]

My girlfriend completed Splosion Man. Here's a list of the other games she's played in the last 5 years: Viva Pinata, Costume Quest, Stacking, and she's currently working through Telltale's Back to the Future. Yeah, Splosion Man is a real beast.

edit: Ooops, forgot The Simpsons game that EA put out a few years ago.

i didn't like 'Splosion Man either. I liked it at first, but it turned into frustration without fun. I honestly thought the the level numbering was a joke and that there was not going to be a world 2... and then there was a world 2. I stopped playing at that point.. I tried the demo of The Maw and didn't think much of that either, but that was after 'Splosion Man so I might have been swayed by it. Maybe I should try that one again. I hope their Kinect game is better, but I suppose that's not likely.

The Maw should have been the game you played. The characters are interesting, the level design is creative and you'll love the ending, aside from the premium theme it gives you.

[quote name='louiedog']My girlfriend completed Splosion Man. Here's a list of the other games she's played in the last 5 years: Viva Pinata, Costume Quest, Stacking, and she's currently working through Telltale's Back to the Future. Yeah, Splosion Man is a real beast.

edit: Ooops, forgot The Simpsons game that EA put out a few years ago.[/QUOTE]

I was talking about Comic Jumper. I have not played Splosion Man.

[quote name='Spybreak8']The Maw should have been the game you played. The characters are interesting, the level design is creative and you'll love the ending, aside from the premium theme it gives you.[/QUOTE]

I played the demo of Maw when it was brand new and didn't like it at all. I then bought Splosion Man and loved it. Of course the first I played Splosion Man was with my two brothers so it was an absolute blast, but the game solo is considerably less fun.

So I wouldn't say that you necessarily need to play the Maw first it just depends on taste.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']I liked Splosion Man. It's stupid funny, and while it's difficult, I actually found it a lot less frustrating than N+ and Super Meat Boy.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree.

The game paces you well enough so you are well prepared for later levels (which have timing involved). I never found it that hard. Now N+ and Super Meat Boy... I totally gave up on those games from how difficult they were.

I am so hyped to play Splosion Man and Comic Jumper after reading all these posts on it. It better be as hard as you guys are making it out to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Splosion Man is only difficult on the bosses and some later levels that require precise timing. BOth of these can be easily remedied with YouTube playthroughs. I gave on the co-op before it was patched. Before that it is was laggy and a 4-player troll-fest of people intentionally playing like ass.

Comic Jumper was funny in its absurdity, which lasts the length of the demo. I gave up after the first few sections, but will finish it to mine the last bits of whatever comedy is left in it ( I don't have high hopes).

[quote name='brux']Tempted on the Vietnam.

Are the kit upgrades for BF:BC2 worth it?[/QUOTE]

The kit upgrades are NOT WORTH IT... Vietnam is worth $15 so half price i wouldnt pass up !!!

[quote name='P1G F33T']The kit upgrades are NOT WORTH IT... Vietnam is worth $15 so half price i wouldnt pass up !!![/QUOTE]

Cool. Thanks!

[quote name='IPlay4Fun']how do i return battlefield 1943... this is the worst game ever[/QUOTE]

There is no way to return it, that's why it says in the game's info (NO REFUNDS)

May I ask why you think it is so bad? I find it to be quite a enjoyable FPS, even though it is merely a arcade title, I think I had more fun with this than I did with major releases such as Modern Warfare 2, Bad Company 2, and Black Ops

[quote name='IPlay4Fun']how do i return battlefield 1943... this is the worst game ever[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Cheddahz']There is no way to return it, that's why it says in the game's info (NO REFUNDS)

May I ask why you think it is so bad? I find it to be quite a enjoyable FPS, even though it is merely a arcade title, I think I had more fun with this than I did with major releases such as Modern Warfare 2, Bad Company 2, and and Black Ops[/QUOTE]

Yeah what did you hate about it? Game is awesome the only problem with it was the lack of maps but the game itself was a lot of fun just DICE abandoned it

I've lost interest in games made by Twisted Pixel. The maw, splosion man and comic jumper are all boring and very repetitive. Some of the worst games I've played. Anyways, still debating on Spare Parts as it kinda reminds ne of ratchet & clank and past games like that. Any suggestions?

[quote name='intoxicated662']I've lost interest in games made by Twisted Pixel. The maw, splosion man and comic jumper are all boring and very repetitive. Some of the worst games I've played. Anyways, still debating on Spare Parts as it kinda reminds ne of ratchet & clank and past games like that. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]
Considering you've now shown to have some of the worst taste in games I have no idea

[quote name='intoxicated662']I've lost interest in games made by Twisted Pixel. The maw, splosion man and comic jumper are all boring and very repetitive. Some of the worst games I've played. Anyways, still debating on Spare Parts as it kinda reminds ne of ratchet & clank and past games like that. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Gotta agree. Haven't played a TP game I've liked.

Spare Parts sucks. Really. Play the demo. It's so dreadfully dull.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Considering you've now shown to have some of the worst taste in games I have no idea

How so? I've got over 215 xbl arcade games and I've played each for a good amount of time. Just because I don't agree with you, I have some of the worst taste in games? Get outta here kid. I've been playing on Xbox since launch 01-02 and have played so many games. I'm not the only person stating what I did, read the other comments as well.

By the way, the demo for spare parts just let me get up to the tutorial part so think i'm skeptical and am gonna wait it out instead.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Gotta agree. Haven't played a TP game I've liked.

Spare Parts sucks. Really. Play the demo. It's so dreadfully dull.[/QUOTE]

I agree about Spare Parts, I wanted to like it but just couldn't. The game "might" be worth 400 MSP but then again it says a lot when a game that just came out, even an arcade game, is already on sale.

[quote name='reddjoey']1943 can be frustrating if you are get into a group that in-fights over the planes and the air raid shack[/QUOTE]

Yeah last few games of it I played was full of dicks just messing around which does ruin it. If you get a couple of decent teams together the game is awesome IMO.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Since I decided to buy Comic Jumper I thought I'd go ahead and play through it. That might have been one of the most excruciating gaming experiences I've had in a loong time. Boring repetative gameplay coupled with constant deaths from super tricky enemy positioning. Every enemy felt cheap. I thought at least it would have been good for some laughs but all I got was a couple chuckles.

I got my $5 worth of game time I suppose but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I think Twisted Pixel is officially going on my "Do not ever buy this developer's games" list that I have to make up special just for them. I haven't played The Maw but I couldn't stand 'Splosion Man and wouldn't pay even the 160msp it sold for on it's one day sale. It's a shame as they have some great ideas but clearly they don't know how to execute. All of their games seem like they would be really cool but when you get in you'll find that they are just terrible.[/QUOTE]

I have to strongly disagree. While I haven't played much of Comic Jumper yet, I'm loving the humor so far. Gameplay is repetitive and it gives new meaning to the phrase "bullet sponge", but I appreciate the unorthodox style, including the different graphics for each level and random live action footage. I can see how TP's style is not for everyone but that certainly doesn't mean it's for no one.

And you should get a beat down for your take on Splosion Man, especially since you don't even own the game. Sure, you can learn a little from a demo but not everything. It has simple concepts that are well executed and the level design is fantastic! It's actually my most played XBLA title after Trials, Magic and Castle Crashers (partly because it's one of my son's favorites but mainly because I like it's style and quick play fun factor).

Anyway, I guess the point is opinions will vary. But I hope TP keeps doing what their doing.

[quote name='DomLando']Any reason to pick up Portal Still Alive if I already have Orange Box?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='eastx']More levels and 200 more Achievement Points, plus the convenience of launching it from your hard drive, I suppose.[/QUOTE]

I agree with the convenience factor. I owned Orange Box for a year and played Portal once. Then I bought it on a XBLA sale because of the extra levels and finished it within a month. It just works great for impulse playing when I don't have to find a disc.

What the heck. Decided to buy Vietnam DLC for $7.50 worth of Microsoft bucks, on the hope that eventually I'll get the hang of the online. Perhaps with CAG help. I'm also still considering Portal Still Alive. If it had Avatar awards I'd be there for sure, but I don't think it does.

[quote name='lordopus99']Totally agree.

The game paces you well enough so you are well prepared for later levels (which have timing involved). I never found it that hard. Now N+ and Super Meat Boy... I totally gave up on those games from how difficult they were.[/QUOTE]

I played a little bit of bit on N+, before I gave up. It's too exact for me. I only played through about half of the demo of Super Meat Boy. But I loved splosion man. I always felt it was fair. The difficultly maxed around 3-5 or 3-6, if you can do that you could beat the game.

The multiplayer levels are very clever as well. Depending on your crew you will probably hit a point where it just requires too much coordination and 1 of your players can't keep up.

[quote name='probin74243']I have to strongly disagree. While I haven't played much of Comic Jumper yet, I'm loving the humor so far. Gameplay is repetitive and it gives new meaning to the phrase "bullet sponge", but I appreciate the unorthodox style, including the different graphics for each level and random live action footage. I can see how TP's style is not for everyone but that certainly doesn't mean it's for no one.

And you should get a beat down for your take on Splosion Man, especially since you don't even own the game. Sure, you can learn a little from a demo but not everything. It has simple concepts that are well executed and the level design is fantastic! It's actually my most played XBLA title after Trials, Magic and Castle Crashers (partly because it's one of my son's favorites but mainly because I like it's style and quick play fun factor).

Anyway, I guess the point is opinions will vary. But I hope TP keeps doing what their doing.[/QUOTE]

Clearly you haven't played much of Comic Jumper yet as I have 100%ed it and found no random live action content. The "help me" is only random if you hit buttons randomly I suppose. I accidentily used it once then never again until I went for the "He's Not Even Married" achievement. I love the idea of Comic Jumper as clearly you do. Again this comes down to fucking awful execution. I wouldn't have taken the gamble with my money if I didn't think it sounded like a cool game. Play through it completely then tell me it is awesome. So far most CAGs agree with me that the game has some serious issues. I really think that if Twisted Pixel wants to survive in this industry they either need to learn how to program games or hire some people that do. Just having a good idea is obviously not enough as is the case here.

I don't believe I said I played just the demo. Check my gamerscore I have a couple acheivements for 'Splosion Man. I said I haven't bought it. I played it at my brother's house as he has bought it. The game is terrible. Normally I agree with IGN reviews (there's a lot of internet hate for them for some reason but I've been a loyal reader since it was n64.com) but I find that Daemon Hatfield's (and Levi Buchanan's) reviews don't gel with me at all. Daemon reviewed and gave 'Splosion Man a 9.0 if I recall correctly which is fucking insanely overscored. The game is dumb and not funny. 'Splosion Man is just not my cup of tea. It seems to be a passable game at best. At least it's not fundamentally flawed like Comic Jumper.

[quote name='gotdott']Pinball FX2 is free for download?

was it always like this? and what's the difference between the main game and core?[/QUOTE]

Yes, Pinball FX2 has always been free. The main game is just the environment for playing and managing the tables, sort of like Game Room. You have to buy the tables separately. "Pinball FX2 Core" are the 4 tables that were released with Pinball FX2: Biolab, Pasha, Rome, and Secrets of the Deep. Also available is the Marvel pack (4 Pinball FX2 tables), the Pinball FX Classic pack (the 4 original Pinball FX tables), and 5 DLC tables for the original Pinball FX (Rocky & Bullwinkle, Street Fighter II, Nightmare Mansion, Excalibur, and Earth Defense).

You can get the free demo versions for any of these by downloading the versions marked "(Trial)". You can then play a limited demo from within Pinball FX2. Also note that if you owned the original Pinball FX, any tables you have are imported into FX2 automatically.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Clearly you haven't played much of Comic Jumper yet as I have 100%ed it and found no random live action content. The "help me" is only random if you hit buttons randomly I suppose. I accidentily used it once then never again until I went for the "He's Not Even Married" achievement. I love the idea of Comic Jumper as clearly you do. Again this comes down to fucking awful execution. I wouldn't have taken the gamble with my money if I didn't think it sounded like a cool game. Play through it completely then tell me it is awesome. So far most CAGs agree with me that the game has some serious issues. I really think that if Twisted Pixel wants to survive in this industry they either need to learn how to program games or hire some people that do. Just having a good idea is obviously not enough as is the case here.

I don't believe I said I played just the demo. Check my gamerscore I have a couple acheivements for 'Splosion Man. I said I haven't bought it. I played it at my brother's house as he has bought it. The game is terrible. Normally I agree with IGN reviews (there's a lot of internet hate for them for some reason but I've been a loyal reader since it was n64.com) but I find that Daemon Hatfield's (and Levi Buchanan's) reviews don't gel with me at all. Daemon reviewed and gave 'Splosion Man a 9.0 if I recall correctly which is fucking insanely overscored. The game is dumb and not funny. 'Splosion Man is just not my cup of tea. It seems to be a passable game at best. At least it's not fundamentally flawed like Comic Jumper.[/QUOTE]

I mean, this is obviously just your opinion, just like the IGN review is that reviewer's opinion. Have you ever considered the fact that other people might like the humor in 'Splosion Man, that other people found it challenging but not cheap?

'Splosion Man is one of my favorite arcade games ever. It's so simple, but so much fun. And the multiplayer is even more fun if you play offline. I cannot speak for Comic Jumper because I only just bought it, but if Twisted Pixel continues to make games like 'Splosion Man, I will buy them day one. I am extremely excited for Ms. Splosion Man!

I don't really understand all the hate for 'Splosion Man. It was only $10, or $2.50 if you bought it for 200 MSP, and I certainly got at least 10 hours out of it.

[quote name='buddynayr']I mean, this is obviously just your opinion, just like the IGN review is that reviewer's opinion. Have you ever considered the fact that other people might like the humor in 'Splosion Man, that other people found it challenging but not cheap?

'Splosion Man is one of my favorite arcade games ever. It's so simple, but so much fun. And the multiplayer is even more fun if you play offline. I cannot speak for Comic Jumper because I only just bought it, but if Twisted Pixel continues to make games like 'Splosion Man, I will buy them day one. I am extremely excited for Ms. Splosion Man!

I don't really understand all the hate for 'Splosion Man. It was only $10, or $2.50 if you bought it for 200 MSP, and I certainly got at least 10 hours out of it.[/QUOTE]

FWIW my brother is a huge fan of 'Splosion Man. It's just not to my taste. I don't believe I ever said it was too tough, just dull. Boring is only an opinion after all. Comic Jumper is a different story. It is painfully flawed.

No idea what's up with Splosion Man hate either. I got it for $5 and got probably 30-35 hours out of it. It's a somewhat challenging platformer with some nice humor mixed in and fairly unique mechanics. I have a feeling many people who disliked it never really fully grasped the controls and some of the more advanced techniques in the game (such as corner splodes, or the infinite wall climb). Either that or they just don't like tough platformers in general!

I guess it's possible someone can love platformers, be extremely good at them, and just for whatever reason hate the humor and hate the gameplay...but it just seems very odd to feel that way >

[quote name='Cantaloup']Yes, Pinball FX2 has always been free. The main game is just the environment for playing and managing the tables, sort of like Game Room. You have to buy the tables separately. "Pinball FX2 Core" are the 4 tables that were released with Pinball FX2: Biolab, Pasha, Rome, and Secrets of the Deep. Also available is the Marvel pack (4 Pinball FX2 tables), the Pinball FX Classic pack (the 4 original Pinball FX tables), and 5 DLC tables for the original Pinball FX (Rocky & Bullwinkle, Street Fighter II, Nightmare Mansion, Excalibur, and Earth Defense).

You can get the free demo versions for any of these by downloading the versions marked "(Trial)". You can then play a limited demo from within Pinball FX2. Also note that if you owned the original Pinball FX, any tables you have are imported into FX2 automatically.[/QUOTE]

thanks i guess i wont bother with it then, don't have too many points left over to buy tables

Just curious....
I do see Battlefield 1943 for 600 instead 1200, but I do not see anything about it being a sale. Does anyone think this might be a perm price redux, or could I just be missing something?

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Clearly you haven't played much of Comic Jumper yet as I have 100%ed it and found no random live action content.[/QUOTE]

Clearly you haven't played much of Comic Jumper. How could you forget this? 4 minutes, 20 seconds in. :cry:

[quote name='Cameron4All']Just curious....
I do see Battlefield 1943 for 600 instead 1200, but I do not see anything about it being a sale. Does anyone think this might be a perm price redux, or could I just be missing something?[/QUOTE]

It's part of the Battlefield DOTW: http://majornelson.com/2011/04/05/dotw-bad-company-2/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoxrE7KwMpU&t=4m20s

[quote name='Cameron4All']Just curious....
I do see Battlefield 1943 for 600 instead 1200, but I do not see anything about it being a sale. Does anyone think this might be a perm price redux, or could I just be missing something?[/QUOTE]

It's the deal of the week. Check under the Spotlight section on the dashboard and you should see it. Might be listed in the Games tab too.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Still no confirmed price on Might and Magic for XBLA?!?[/QUOTE]

I hope its 800 pts but sadly I'm sure it'll drop at 1200pts

'splosion man isn't as hard as many are making it out to be. My 8yo son beat it with no assistance. I played through it as well and enjoyed it greatly.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Clearly you haven't played much of Comic Jumper. How could you forget this? 4 minutes, 20 seconds in. :cry:][/QUOTE]

Forgot about that. there's another at the end of the game and you can talk to them somtimes. Call that random if you like. For the record 100%ing a game does generally mean you played a considerable chunk of the game. Did I mention I 100%ed it? 100% 100% :p

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Forgot about that. there's another at the end of the game and you can talk to them somtimes. Call that random if you like. For the record 100%ing a game does generally mean you played a considerable chunk of the game. Did I mention I 100%ed it? 100% 100% :p[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there are a few throughout the game. I thought they were pretty memorable. And yes, I know you said 100% :p was me mimicking your jerk factor. :applause:

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Normally I agree with IGN reviews (there's a lot of internet hate for them for some reason but I've been a loyal reader since it was n64.com) but I find that Daemon Hatfield's (and Levi Buchanan's) reviews don't gel with me at all. Daemon reviewed and gave 'Splosion Man a 9.0 if I recall correctly which is fucking insanely overscored. The game is dumb and not funny. 'Splosion Man is just not my cup of tea. It seems to be a passable game at best. At least it's not fundamentally flawed like Comic Jumper.[/QUOTE]
Agree with you on Comic Jumper and Splosion Man and IGN. Haters just hate IGN.

That said, their review of Red Dead Redemption was embarrassing and painful to read.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Agree with you on Comic Jumper and Splosion Man and IGN. Haters just hate IGN.

That said, their review of Red Dead Redemption was embarrassing and painful to read.[/QUOTE]

What sucks is I really like both of them as personalities. I listen to all the IGN podcasts and they are two of my favorites. They just have different tastes than I. But I can respect an informed but differing viewpoint.

I really miss RetroCity. :(

[quote name='crunchewy']What the heck. Decided to buy Vietnam DLC for $7.50 worth of Microsoft bucks, on the hope that eventually I'll get the hang of the online. Perhaps with CAG help. I'm also still considering Portal Still Alive. If it had Avatar awards I'd be there for sure, but I don't think it does.[/QUOTE]

Next time you're playing Vietnam and I'm online shoot me a game invite.

[quote name='reddjoey']1943 can be frustrating if you are get into a group that in-fights over the planes and the air raid shack[/QUOTE]

It's good to see the servers full and running good. Air Superiority (Coral Sea) is the best dog fight game I know, so if you can't get a plane in conquest check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back