XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Major has probably been busy or something, and figures with the DotW moved to Tuesdays, he can have a little breathing room and announce things on Monday.

In regards, to the Battlefield dlc that is on sale, is it worth the 200 pts. for the Onslaught mode? How many players is the mode for? Can 1 person play through it with another on the same console?

[quote name='JCNY23']In regards, to the Battlefield dlc that is on sale, is it worth the 200 pts. for the Onslaught mode? How many players is the mode for? Can 1 person play through it with another on the same console?[/QUOTE]
I've been on the fence myself. I mean it's only 200 pts.
Up to four person squad.
Unfortunately, no local/split-screen co-op.

[quote name='NoDAK']I've been on the fence myself. I mean it's only 200 pts.
Up to four person squad.
Unfortunately, no local/split-screen co-op.[/QUOTE]

I got the achievements and never thought about playing it again. Know that going in. I didn't find it that fun.

[quote name='JCNY23']In regards, to the Battlefield dlc that is on sale, is it worth the 200 pts. for the Onslaught mode? How many players is the mode for? Can 1 person play through it with another on the same console?[/QUOTE]

For only 200 pts it might be worth it for the chance to practice flying the helicopter without pissing off the rest of your team during multiplayer. Otherwise, I'd pass.

[quote name='Hewlett']For only 200 pts it might be worth it for the chance to practice flying the helicopter without pissing off the rest of your team during multiplayer. Otherwise, I'd pass.[/QUOTE]

lol, exactly. Its the only way to practice flying the helicopter.
I'd say its worth the 200pts, and it does have its own achievements. Although it does come free with the Ultimate Edition.

[quote name='drawingboard']lol. No, it was my idea of a joke. They put all those games on sale April 1st.
I am starting to get worried though. We should have heard something by now. Maybe next week's is just really lame, so they're not announcing it ahead of time. IDK[/QUOTE]

While they do typically announce them ahead of time, there are also occasional periods where they won't announce any of the deals ahead of time for 2-3 weeks. I think sometimes they honestly just don't always have them squared away too far in advance and would rather they be a surprise than post information that ends up being "incorrect" later.

Could also be that some publishers request they not reveal the sale in advance so that their sales don't dip in the weeks leading up to the discount.

Kind of un-related, if anyone picked up World of Keflings in the last sale and would to "trade collectibles" and what not, send me a message here on CAG.

Has anyone gotten the 5% for March purchases posted to their rewards account yet? Everything I bought in March was either purchased early morning on the 1st or late evening on the 31st and I'm starting to think I was too early and too late to catch that promo.

[quote name='davyd']Has anyone gotten the 5% for March purchases posted to their rewards account yet? Everything I bought in March was either purchased early morning on the 1st or late evening on the 31st and I'm starting to think I was too early and too late to catch that promo.[/QUOTE]

I got my 60 points posted to my rewards account for spending 1200 points on March 8th.

[quote name='Goodbyemrcool']I bought a bunch of stuff in March and haven't received any rewards points back yet.[/QUOTE]
Nor have I. I'm glad that I'm not the only one. I took a week and a half to put the April survey points in my pending list.

Man i hope Might and Magic is 800. I'd probally still bite for 1200 since i waited for so damn long, but i usually dont pay 1200 unless it has a crapton of replay value and Avatar Awards

I spent 800 points on WoK and Ziet2 and have 40 points pending from those two so it worked for me. Currently have 340 points pending since apparantly when my gold renewed on its own (through redeemed 12 month cards good till next April next year) I got 200 points. Wasn't expecting that.

Now if only I could get the "1st Time Marketplace Purchase" and "Netflix" points. I think it's BS that I've been using Netflix and the Marketplace since I got my 360 3 or so years ago and I am not able to get those bonuses because I used those features before the Rewards program was active.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']So, any news on what awaits us in the 2nd half of April? I got some MS points burnin a hole in my pocket![/QUOTE]
The Mars pinball table comes out on the 20th, so I hope that it'll be accompanied with a Pinball FX2 sale. I'd like to finally pick up Marvel Pinball and/or the Excalibur table.

[quote name='NoDAK']The Mars pinball table comes out on the 20th, so I hope that it'll be accompanied with a Pinball FX2 sale. I'd like to finally pick up Marvel Pinball and/or the Excalibur table.[/QUOTE]

Hope so too. Im guessing Marvel will be 400 if it ever does go on sale. I think that I would bite for that. Isnt this the 2nd time Bad Company 2 has been on sale since that vote?

[quote name='Abeja']Isnt this the 2nd time Bad Company 2 has been on sale since that vote?[/QUOTE]
Yes, but this is the first time Vietnam has been on sale. Plus, some items have been marked down since the first sale, and now their on sale from their current, cheaper prices.

My 5% back points are showing up as pending. However, I also signed up for Netflix in Match and the 100 Points for that are nowhere to be seen. Weak.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eastx']My 5% back points are showing up as pending. However, I also signed up for NetFlix in Match and the 100 Points for that are nowhere to be seen. Weak.[/QUOTE]

I just checked my account and I haven't received anything for my purchases in March (over 3000 msp spent). I never received the 100 points for activating Netflix, either.

same my March purchases aren't appearing in the Rewards site.

and does anyone know how "Earn on Your First Purchase Earn 100 points on your first Marketplace purchase." how to qualify for this? Do DotW count towards this reward offer?

[quote name='basis']same my March purchases aren't appearing in the Rewards site.

and does anyone know how "Earn on Your First Purchase Earn 100 points on your first Marketplace purchase." how to qualify for this? Do DotW count towards this reward offer?[/QUOTE]

I was told that if you purchased anything prior to activating XBL rewards then you are sol.

[quote name='basis']same my March purchases aren't appearing in the Rewards site.

and does anyone know how "Earn on Your First Purchase Earn 100 points on your first Marketplace purchase." how to qualify for this? Do DotW count towards this reward offer?[/QUOTE]

Like gotdott said, if you purchased before joining the rewards program you might be out of luck.

Your first purchase must be your FIRST PURCHASE EVER. It sucks, but that's the way MS did it. The same goes for Neflix. It must be the first time using Netflix on Xbox ever (at least as far as your gamertag is concerned.)

If none of that applies to you, you may want to check MS's billing site (https://billing.microsoft.com/home.aspx) and see if some purchases didn't show up until April.

[quote name='reddjoey']
Your first purchase must be your FIRST PURCHASE EVER. It sucks, but that's the way MS did it. The same goes for Neflix. It must be the first time using Netflix on Xbox ever (at least as far as your gamertag is concerned.)
[/QUOTE]

This is indeed my first time to ever use Netflix on the 360. Do you think it might show up after my free month ends and Netflix starts billing me?

Here's the official

Subscribe and Use Netflix: Available to participants who are not subscribers to the Netflix service through Xbox LIVE as of the Program start date and upon confirmation of your enrollment into the program. Signing up for the Netflix Service via Xbox LIVE and keeping the subscription for at least a month during the Program Period will earn one hundred (100) Microsoft Points. Xbox LIVE Gold and Netflix Unlimited memberships are required for Netflix streaming. See Netflix Terms of Use for details about the Netflix service. Participants can only earn these Microsoft Points one time during the Program.

So it looks like you have to hit the 1-month mark.

thx all for explaining how that "Earn on Your First Purchase (EVAR)" reward works. yeah I signed up for the Rewards Program back in Dec 2010, but I did purchase stuff in Nov 2010 :(

Wished there was some fine-print somewhere on the rewards site that explained clearly without having me to get clarification from either the Rewards site or CAG.

[quote name='basis']Wished there was some fine-print somewhere on the rewards site that explained clearly without having me to get clarification from either the Rewards site or CAG.[/QUOTE]

FAQ (also contains the contact form for help with the rewards program)

Terms and Conditions

I'm waiting till the 15th before I get worried. I spent something in the neighborhood of 10k points last month so my return should be pretty decent but I haven't seen anything but the survey show up in my pending so far.

Can't wait to see the DotW this week. Not expecting much. Usually when it doesn't get announced in advance it's nothing special.

[quote name='reddjoey']
If none of that applies to you, you may want to check MS's billing site (https://billing.microsoft.com/home.aspx) and see if some purchases didn't show up until April.[/QUOTE]

This, one of games I know I bought on the 31st doesn't actually show up in my billing history till the 4th. And of course since the 1 day sale was in April,about half of what I bought in that sale was technically in April, which is also doing the 5% back so no big deal.

Still don't have points pending for my March purchases, but like someone else said, not exactly freaking out just yet.

I signed up for the XBL Rewards thing early in March and got the acceptance letter several days before I bought Torchlight for 1200 and then I bought a ton of stuff during that unannounced sale they had, so I probably spent around 6000+ points in March. But the only things showing in my Pending list, are 2 surveys I did.

I emailed the Rewards support team and they said it could take up to 2 weeks past April 1st for stuff bought last month to show up in my list. So they got a few days left before I get mad and fire off an angry email. Haha :)

[quote name='utopianmachine']I predict...Avatar Week! Stupid stuff for your avatar at 50% off! :D[/QUOTE]

Y'know, if they actually put up some decent avatar stuff for 40 points, I'd probably bite.

Now if they only brought us another 1 vs. 100 type game to use the avatars in...

[quote name='mattBLiTZ']Can't decide whether or not to get Clash of Heroes :([/QUOTE]

Um, get it. Game was a blast on DS... XBL version is like getting a sloppy wet one (take it how you see it)

I also have no reward points back from the 5% back deal in March. I would say this is due to them extending it to April, but some people are saying they got points back already. Maybe the more you spent, the longer it will take?

[quote name='Cameron4All']OK
Last day
Trying to figure if Battlefield 1943 is worth picking up.
Any input?[/QUOTE]

Best multiplayer game on XBLA, I almost always find a full game, and the achievements are easy too.

Pretty simple compared to Bad Company 2 though.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']Best multiplayer game on XBLA, I almost always find a full game, and the achievements are easy too.

Pretty simple compared to Bad Company 2 though.[/QUOTE]

Yea?
I have Bad Company 2 and Vietnam and was wondering if this is a decent entry into this, because every time I go into Bad Company 2 multi, I get my but KICKED!
I want to get better, but hard to better yourself when all you do is "spawn, take 3 steps, die, repeat"
If you are saying this is "simpler" then it may be the right mix for me to be able to sharpen up.

[quote name='Cameron4All']Yea?
I have Bad Company 2 and Vietnam and was wondering if this is a decent entry into this, because every time I go into Bad Company 2 multi, I get my but KICKED!
I want to get better, but hard to better yourself when all you do is "spawn, take 3 steps, die, repeat"
If you are saying this is "simpler" then it may be the right mix for me to be able to sharpen up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've found it to be much easier. Sometimes I can get in the top 3 on my team with Battlefield 1943. I'm never anywhere near that playing Bad Company 2.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']Yeah, I've found it to be much easier. Sometimes I can get in the top 3 on my team with Battlefield 1943. I'm never anywhere near that playing Bad Company 2.[/QUOTE]

I think I am sold!
Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back