XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Battlefield 43 is really cool, and I like it better than the other BF console games for the most part. But if you want to use it as a learning tool for BC2, bear in mind the controls are similar but just different enough to confuse you when you adjust. Enjoy it though, it's a great price!

MjC

BF1943 always felt so empty to me. Lots and lots of distance between objectives and it maxes out at what, 12v12? Never seemed to encounter many people in a given skirmish, and it's hard to coordinate stuff with your team. It's just kinda depressing to see the 4,000 random turrets and bunkers and whatever go completely unmanned.

I don't know if anyone has posted this, but I know for sure the remake of Yar's Revenge is coming out mid-April, and I believe the exact date is actually this Wednesday, the 13th. It will be 800 Microsoft Points.

Was going to insert a youtube video but having issues.

If you are still on the fence about picking up 1943.....just get it, It has the be the best multiplayer experience I have encountered on XBL

Does 1943 still have those really bad lag issues? I remember the last time it was on sale, I so wanted to buy it, but the lag really turned me away from it.

[quote name='VidPower']Does 1943 still have those really bad lag issues? I remember the last time it was on sale, I so wanted to buy it, but the lag really turned me away from it.[/QUOTE]

From time to time, yes. But not enough to keep me from playing the game. Maybe 3-4% of the time there is lag or screen flickering. 1% where it affects gameplay.

[quote name='Cheddahz']If you are still on the fence about picking up 1943.....just get it, It has the be the best multiplayer experience I have encountered on XBL[/QUOTE]

Well the fact that it is an XBLA with an online community makes it better that most XBLA multiplayer experiences by default.

[quote name='Kaltic']Well the fact that it is an XBLA with an online community makes it better that most XBLA multiplayer experiences by default.[/QUOTE]

True, but I enjoyed this game a lot more than COD or Halo, but at the same time, I did play Battlefield 1942 back in the day...

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']Yeah, I've found it to be much easier. Sometimes I can get in the top 3 on my team with Battlefield 1943. I'm never anywhere near that playing Bad Company 2.[/QUOTE]

It's funny, I've actually experienced the opposite. While I really enjoy pretty much every Battlefield game I find 1943 fairly tough to get top scores on whereas I'm consistently in the top 3 on BC2.

being in the top three in BC2 doesnt mean your doing well, but if your going for points over K/D, whatever. whens the next deals gonna show?

[quote name='shinn']being in the top three in BC2 doesnt mean your doing well, but if your going for points over K/D, whatever. whens the next deals gonna show?[/QUOTE]

Around 6am EST (earliest I can remember)

just a question, since the launch of the DOTW have they ever skipped a week? it seems like we may not get any deals this week, or some really lame ones

[quote name='kidrocklive']Hmm to buy 1943 or not...[/QUOTE]

I've been with the battlefield franchise since 1942 from back in 2002 even did some modding back in the day. I've also played and owned every game and xpack since then. To me 1943 is the closest thing to a real feeling battlefield experience that console players have yet gotten.

[quote name='Driver121113']I've been with the battlefield franchise since 1942 from back in 2002 even did some modding back in the day. I've also played and owned every game and xpack since then. To me 1943 is the closest thing to a real feeling battlefield experience that console players have yet gotten.[/QUOTE]

true and I doubt they'll be doing a successor to it anytime soon but who knows. I guess I was thinking about battlefield 3 but that's not going to be same thing exactly either is it? Even then though, that's $60 and this is $7.50 lol.

So, I guess this week is a Capcom XBLA sale? I'm seeing following games on the DotW page:

Marvel vs. Capcom 2
MEGA MAN 10
Final Fight™: Double Impact
Bionic Commando Rearmed 2
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

All still listed at full price as of now.
Looks like nothing for me this week, even if they end up 50% off.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Best DOTW ever......if I didn't own all of those already. I wonder why Puzzle Fighter never goes on sale?[/QUOTE]

seriously ive been waiting for that to go on sale for what seems like forever

[quote name='NoDAK']So, I guess this week is a Capcom XBLA sale.[/QUOTE]

What the Flock! is the matter with Capcom.
I've been waiting 2 years for Flock! to go on sale.
Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 has only been out for a month.
I've already waited this long and I'm not gonna buy it at full price now.
It just screams discount bin.
What a bunch of MotherFlockers!

Come on M&M: Clash of Heroes! This CAG isn't waiting for any sale on that game. I'd even fork over 1600, but I bet it will be 1200.

One more day.

[quote name='gordojones88']What the Flock! is the matter with Capcom.
I've been waiting 2 years for Flock! to go on sale.
Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 has only been out for a month.
I've already waited this long and I'm not gonna buy it at full price now.
It just screams discount bin.
What a bunch of MotherFlockers![/QUOTE]

The closest it ever came to being on sale was when Amazon was selling codes for the game for $10.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/?f=1063

And that was almost exactly 2 years ago. Irony.

[quote name='NoDAK']So, I guess this week is a Capcom XBLA sale? I'm seeing following games on the DotW page:

Marvel vs. Capcom 2
MEGA MAN 10
Final Fight™: Double Impact
Bionic Commando Rearmed 2
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

All still listed at full price as of now.
Looks like nothing for me this week, even if they end up 50% off.[/QUOTE]

Oh come on MS!! MM 10 has already been on sale (I bought it then) but MM 9 has never been on sale, at least to my knowledge. That is the Capcom game I need a sale on.

Just buy Mega Man 9, it's awesome.

Xbox.com has some of the sale prices up.

Bionic Commando Rearmed 1 is 400 points
SS2 HDR 600 points
Final Fight 400 points
Mega Man 10 400 points

Marvel 2 and Bionic Commando Re:Armed2 are still 1200.

Capcom this week too?? Nice

My MS Dashboard currently shows "Up to 50% off Microsoft games Studios titles/add ons/avatar gear" with a "One Day Sale April 15th"

Cant type it all up, but Perfect Dark 400pts, First Reach Map Pack 400pts, Trails HD DLC 200pts, Duke games, Snoopy, Toy Soldiers, South Park, Braid, Splosion Man and some more.

The One Day Sale ad showed Trials, Shadow Complex, Limbo, Monday Night Combat and Castle Crashers but said to check back for more

cool...Final Fight Double Impact finally went on sale. I really only wanted it for Magic Sword.

...and if there's a new map pack for Reach, I'll be sure to wait for the price drop. !@#$'ers.

There are some new permanent price drops listed on the dashboard too.

Comic Jumper is now 800 (was 1200)
Puzzle Quest 2 is now 800 (was 1200)
Droplitz is now 400 (was 800)

For some reason, it shows Capcom games on sale (has MvC2), but when I click it, it's Battlefield: Bad Company 2 still.

Also, the monthly Recently Reduced now has April:

Just Cause 2 ($29.99, $10 off)
Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands ($19.99, $10 off)
Transformers: War for Cybertron ($39.99, $10 off)
UFC Undisputed 2010 ($29.99, $10 off)
Metro 2033 ($39.99, $10 off)
Need for Speed Shift ($19.99, $10 off)

Arcade games:
Puzzle Quest 2 (800 points, 400 points off)
Comic Jumper (800 points, 400 points off)
Droplitz (400 points, 400 points off)

There's also a Microsoft Game Studios sale, where all games are 50% off):
Toy Soldiers (800 points)
Perfect Dark (400 points)
Magic: The Gathering (400 points)
South Park LGTDP (400 points)
Splosion Man (400 points)
Braid (400 points)
Snoopy Flying Ace (400 points)
UNO Rush (400 points)
Duke Nukem 3D (400 points)
Duke Nukem Manhattan Project (400 points)

Oh, & Sega said that Space Channel 5 Part 2 & Sega Bass Fishing will be hitting XBLA "late summer".

Heh. Already bought all the games that are on sale except Bionic Commando. Not a huge fan of that game. A good sale for Capcom fans who were holding out.

Hopefully, there'll be more games included, especially since MvC2 was on the front of the Sales & Other Deals panel, but hasn't been dropped in price yet.

Pick up final fight double impact, good deal of 2 games for $5. they should of put different games on sale that haven't been on sale before or that aren't really mainstream popular. I've got everything that is listed on the 360 dashboard ad so I guess i'll be saving my points...yet again.

Nevermind that, just saw a few add-ons on sale.

Alan Wake-The Writer=280 ms points (50% off)
Trials HD-Big Thrills=200 ms points (50% off)

[quote name='Rollobobo']So is Bionic Commando 2 for XBLA on sale?!? I've been waiting for that to drop since release. Any confirmation?[/QUOTE]At the moment, no, but the original is. I already got that on sale last year, though.

Not sure if I wanna get Mega Man 10 since I got it on Wii (this was before I got my 360), so I already got Bass and the extra stages for it.

[quote name='Zonic505']At the moment, no, but the original is. I already got that on sale last year, though.

Not sure if I wanna get Mega Man 10 since I got it on Wii (this was before I got my 360), so I already got Bass and the extra stages for it.[/QUOTE]

Was it mentioned that Bionic 2 was supposed to be on sale? I saw that the first one was on sale (which I already have) so I am kinda excited at the thought of possibly getting the second one for cheap.

yes, bionic 2 and mvc2 will be on sale as I see the ad on the 360 dashboard but when you click on it, it still brings up the battlefield items for sale so give it a few hours for them to update it. Patience

[quote name='Rollobobo']Was it mentioned that Bionic 2 was supposed to be on sale? I saw that the first one was on sale (which I already have) so I am kinda excited at the thought of possibly getting the second one for cheap.[/QUOTE]

Go to the official dotw webpage at xbox.com and it says it is but it just isn't discounted yet for whatever reason.

[quote name='ShinSolidus']Heh. Already bought all the games that are on sale except Bionic Commando. Not a huge fan of that game. A good sale for Capcom fans who were holding out.[/QUOTE]

Same for me. Even all the games in the MS sale.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']Go to the official dotw webpage at xbox.com and it says it is but it just isn't discounted yet for whatever reason.[/QUOTE]

Ah awesome....hoping its 600 points then. (or less!) Appreciate the help.

big sale going on.

toy soldiers 800 pts
perfect dark 400 pts
magic : the gathering 400pts
south park 400pts
splosion man 400pts
braid 400pts
snoopy flying ace 400pts
uno rush 400pts
duke nukem 3D 400pts
duke nukem manhattan project 400pts

Bulletstorm Gun Sonata DLC=800 ms points (442 mb file size)

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...1ecba46-51c5-443b-ab47-7cdbd25f36f3?cid=SLink

The Bulletstorm Gun Sonata DLC pack includes 2 new Echoes maps - Guns of Stygia and Crash Site within which to creatively dispose of your enemies and climb those leaderboards. You'll also be able to jump online with your friends in 3 brand new Anarchy maps: Hotel Elysium, Villa and Sewers, all of which provide unique and brutal opportunities for you to work together and kill with some skill.

Yes. Toy Soldiers is normally 1200 points.

Lot's of DLC and Avatar items on sale too. Nobel Reach map pack is only 400 points. Don't forget about the Defiant rebate, and you can get both for 800 points (after your rebate points come in).

There is also going to be a one day sale Friday. Sounds like more MS stuff on sale.

[quote name='Zonic505']
Splosion Man (400 points)
Braid (400 points)
Snoopy Flying Ace (400 points)
[/QUOTE]

I am really interested in these. Especially snoopy since I love Crimson Skies.
Not really interested in the capcom games mainly because I completely suck at fighting games and platformers. Also I already own MVC2 on the Dreamcast so it's pointless to get it for XBLA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back