XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
I really can't imagine that MM10 plays better on the Xbox with that wonky dpad, then the Wii. I'll stick to the Wii version which plays awesome (but which I can only beat on "easy" mode - MM9 I can't even hardly beat one level. Sigh).

I might be in for Final Fight Double Impact. Hmm. Perhaps Perfect Dark too.

I'd love to see a list of avatar stuff on sale - my kids like that stuff. Is that on sale now, or is that part of the one day sale?

Snoopy Flying Ace is a fun game, but I suck at the online multiplayer. The single player/co-op campaign is short but fun, and I have had some fun playing the local split screen with tons of bots with my kids (max 2 players locally.) I say buy it. Also if you're an uber online player, you should have fun with the online.

GAMES
- Toy Soliders - 800pts
- Perfect Dark - 400pts
- Magic: The Gathering - 400pts
- South Park Tower Defense - 400pts
- Splosion Man - 400pts
- Braid - 400pts
- Snoopy Aces - 400pts
- Uno Rush - 400pts
- Duke Nukem 3d - 400pts
- Duke Nukem Manhattan Project - 400pts

ADD-ONS

- Halo Noble Pack - 400pts
- Halo 3 Mythic Pack - 200pts
- Halo 3 Mythic II pack - 400pts
- Gears 2 all fronts - 400pts
- Forza 3 community choice - 200pts
- Forza 3 Sidewinder proving grounds - 200pts
- Forza 3 Hot Holiday Pack - 200pts
- Crackdown 2 Toy Box - 280pts
- Crackdown 2 Deluge - 280pts
- Alan Wake The Writer - 280pts
- Trials HD Big Thrills - 200pts

- Halo Emile Armor - 200Pts
- Halo 3 Marine armor - 200pts
- Gears 2 Locust Armor - 160pts
- Gears 3 ticker pet - 120pts
- Fable III warrior Helmer - 120pts

is the trials big thrills pack worth it? i suck at the extreme levels, does this pack have a good amount of medium- hard tracks?

Not much for me this go around (as I have most of what I want. Only ones I have the slightest amount of interest are MvC2, Toy Soldiers, and BC2.

This is excellent. I've had MvC2 in my demo area for a month now and I've been saying to myself to wait...this will go on sale. Now to find out how much they are going to discount it.

Oh come on. They do a sale on Capcom games, yet Puzzle Fighter HD or 1942 isn't included?!

Already have BCR2, Final Fight: DI, Mega Man 10, & MvC2. Don't care for SF....

Just checked & the original Rearmed is also on sale for $5. Not sure why it's not included in that list.

[quote name='kidrocklive']So glad to see Braid on sale again, picked up. Now to get Limbo Friday and maybe BC2 if it's on a good enough sale.[/QUOTE]

How do you know Limbo will be on sale Friday?

I'm hoping Ilomilo has a drop.

If you look at the panel showing the Microsoft Game Studios sale, you can see some games, like Castle Crashers, Limbo, etc. that'll be on sale Friday.

Maybe today, Major Nelson will do another Coming to Xbox Marketplace blog.

Hmmm...nothing I am really interested in, been thinking about Magic for forever so I am going to check the demo out. If Limbo is 600 I will get it, if not I will wait.

I really wish they would drop Toy Soldiers more. Even at 600 I might pick it up but 800 just doesn't seem like a sale to me. I think it was on sale for 800 before too and I passed.

[quote name='Blade3D']Hmmm...nothing I am really interested in, been thinking about Magic for forever so I am going to check the demo out. If Limbo is 600 I will get it, if not I will wait.[/QUOTE]

Magic is great and the online community is still there somewhat. I just wish they would put the dlc on sale once. I have such a huge backlog that it doesnt make sense for me to buy things full price but damn do I want it.

Hmm, I stepped away from Halo for the last 4 months or so but I can get both map packs for 800 (after 400 rebate on defiant). I suppose there could be worse ways to spend my points.

The main reason it was rated M was because of the head-exploding scene that was a nod to the original NES game. That was really it. The violence itself is about the same as Rearmed 2.

[quote name='Zonic505']If you look at the panel showing the Microsoft Game Studios sale, you can see some games, like Castle Crashers, Limbo, etc. that'll be on sale Friday.

Maybe today, Major Nelson will do another Coming to Xbox Marketplace blog.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see it now. Damn, no picture of ilomilo :(

Guess I'll grab the Noble pack.

Well, I think they mentioned that there'd be more games for the 1-day sale. The games shown could just be a preview. We'll just have to wait & see.

If limbo is 600 pts, I'll definitely pick it up. Is this the first time it's been on sale?

Only other thing, worthwile I see is The Write dlc, but I still havent even started Alan Wake.

Also, when I logged into xbox, I noticed my points were sligtly higher (350) so I checked the billing site, and my points finally posted from the xbox rewards (including the march rebate points)....so perfect timing :)

So outside of Final Fight and BCR2 and I think Duke Nukem these are all repeat deals? Kinda lame. Wish Flock! or Case West got put on sale.

I'm tempted by the DLC though. I've never touched Gears of War 2 outside of co-op, I can't even comprehend All Fronts adding 19 maps. That sounds like a shitload of maps. It's crazy they even made 19 additional maps for that game. And both Halo map packs for 800 points...

[quote name='ZForce915']Hmm, I stepped away from Halo for the last 4 months or so but I can get both map packs for 800 (after 400 rebate on defiant). I suppose there could be worse ways to spend my points.[/QUOTE]

Looks like I picked a good time to buy Halo Reach, got the legendary edition (37.xx Target Clearance) last week along with the Defiant pack and now the Noble pack, sweet. If you guys see a crappy player with a flaming helmet it's most likely me, I am getting better so if anyone wants to play hit me up.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']I've never touched Gears of War 2 outside of co-op, I can't even comprehend All Fronts adding 19 maps. That sounds like a shitload of maps. It's crazy they even made 19 additional maps for that game.[/QUOTE]
That's what I thought to, but having now played the multiplayer maps I'd have to say that they're pretty small compared to some Halo & COD maps. Aren't four or so of the 19 maps just ported directly from Gears 1?

That being said, it's still a pretty good deal.

[quote name='ZForce915']Hmm, I stepped away from Halo for the last 4 months or so but I can get both map packs for 800 (after 400 rebate on defiant). I suppose there could be worse ways to spend my points.[/QUOTE]
I did the same thing. Haven't played Halo in a while but this will be nice to have when I go back.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']I'm tempted by the DLC though. I've never touched Gears of War 2 outside of co-op, I can't even comprehend All Fronts adding 19 maps. That sounds like a shitload of maps. It's crazy they even made 19 additional maps for that game. And both Halo map packs for 800 points...[/QUOTE]

All Fronts is a compilation of the 4 different released map packs. 8 of the 19 maps are updated from Gears 1. There's also an extra campaign chapter, which takes place in the middle of the game's 4th act.

[quote name='Thrinn']That's what I thought to, but having now played the maps they're pretty small compared to some Halo & COD maps. Aren't four or so of the 19 maps just ported directly from Gears 1?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I'm not one for the competitive multiplayer but I do love horde mode so that many maps keeps things fresh. I'd be up for doing some horde mode if anybody else wants to sometime. There's quite a few achievements tied to them too.

[quote name='jdb230']If limbo is 600 pts, I'll definitely pick it up. Is this the first time it's been on sale?[/QUOTE]
On the last day of the holiday sales week it dropped to 800msp.

[quote name='nerdtown']is the trials big thrills pack worth it? i suck at the extreme levels, does this pack have a good amount of medium- hard tracks?[/QUOTE]

bump, this question.

Ah through the rewards program.

Thanks.

[quote name='Zonic505']Technically, wouldn't you get the Defiant Map Pack for free, since it's 400 points & you're getting 400 points back?[/QUOTE]

Defiant is 800. Noble is on sale at 400 right now.

[quote name='nerdtown']is the trials big thrills pack worth it? i suck at the extreme levels, does this pack have a good amount of medium- hard tracks?[/QUOTE][quote name='bajingo']bump, this question.[/QUOTE]
Yes, definitely worth it. If I remember right there are only 4 extreme tracks in that pack. There are a bunch of easy/medium/hard tracks

[quote name='nerdtown']is the trials big thrills pack worth it? i suck at the extreme levels, does this pack have a good amount of medium- hard tracks?[/QUOTE]

I bought it at release and thought it was a fantastic buy. It has 40 new tracks of various difficulty, including 10 user created tracks -- some of which are simply amazing. New achievements and gs too.

Man I feel like a damn genius right now for waiting on MvC2. I know I said it already a couple pages back but I've never felt so happy to save those 600 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back