XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Went ahead and picked up MvC2 and Final Fight. Going to get Ilomilo next week as well. These sales have been awesome the past couple of weeks. Wonder how many months it'll be before Hard Corps Uprising or Torchlight get a deal of the week, hopefully sometime in the summer.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Can't wait for Outrun to go on sale! Sega loses their Ferrari license at the end of the year, right?[/QUOTE]

Correct. At the end of the year Outrun will be pulled because the Ferrari license will expire. Might be the last time it'll go on sale.

[quote name='OnettHero']Wow, I barely play Reach but that's a great deal.

We've been quite spoiled lately.[/QUOTE]

This, I haven't played reach in a long long time and I'm tempted on these. I guess it's now or ever as the deal won't be beat.

We are certainly being spoiled. Looking at the OP it's sale mania in here lol.

[quote name='KASPENN']Wonder how many months it'll be before Hard Corps Uprising or Torchlight get a deal of the week, hopefully sometime in the summer.[/QUOTE]

Heh, with as quickly as some of the recent releases have been going on sale (World of Keflings, Raskulls, ilomilo, etc) I'd say you'll definitely see a sale on them by the time the Summer of Arcade promotion starts, if not sooner. My money is on "sooner" though :)

[quote name='BigMack9737']Heh, with as quickly as some of the recent releases have been going on sale (World of Keflings, Raskulls, ilomilo, etc) I'd say you'll definitely see a sale on them by the time the Summer of Arcade promotion starts, if not sooner. My money is on "sooner" though :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wouldnt be surprised to see Torchlight on sale either before that so they can squeeze out some more money before they release Torchlight 2.

Sweet list!!!

Just got:

Bionic Commando: Rearmed
Braid
Duke Nukem 3D
Perfect Dark
South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play!
'Splosion Man
Uno Rush

Friday:

Shadow Complex for 600

Still Need to Play Demoes (will decide to get it on Friday)

Snoopy Flying Ace for 400
Final Fight: Double Impact for 400

Tuesday:

ilomilo for 400
Peggle Deluxe for 400
Peggle Nights for 200
Crazy Taxi (depending on price)
Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 (depending of price)

[quote name='Cameron4All']That sounds cool.
Does "The Writer" still make sense if you have it and not "The Signal"?
I got the "download version" therefore do not have the signal, like new retail disks.[/QUOTE]
You won't be missing that much if you skip "The Signal" since they do the same "Previously on Alan Wake.." summary in "The Writer."

Too expensive... I can't justify $5 for Peggle, even if it is AMAZING.

$5 for sonic and I'm down, but my gut says it'll be $10 just like every other time it has gone on sale

[quote name='wankerjr']You won't be missing that much if you skip "The Signal" since they do the same "Previously on Alan Wake.." summary in "The Writer."[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that! I'm playing through AW now and seeing The Writer dlc on sale, i'll definitely bite. However, I am wondering if its worth also getting The Signal?

[quote name='Who8MyRice']Thanks for that! I'm playing through AW now and seeing The Writer dlc on sale, i'll definitely bite. However, I am wondering if its worth also getting The Signal?[/QUOTE]

I think so, but don't pay full price. It's been on sale before and likely will be again. I think there are still a bunch of codes floating around since it came with the game. I'd check the trade forum, this thread in particular. Even if you have nothing to trade you might be able to pick it up cheap with paypal.

[quote name='BOOMATIC206']Might get the Halo Noble Map Pack.

Anybody know if all the maps support 4 vs 4 matches.

That's all I usually play.[/QUOTE]

All the map pack playlists are 6v6 I think. I mean, I guess they show up in Team Slayer, but everyone has to have them soooo... they don't show up in Team Slayer. Or especially BTB. Which sucks. I miss the old Halo 3 BTB playlist that required everyone to have the DLC.

In for Braid and "The Writer" for now.

Thinking about 'Splosion Man and the Halo Reach DLC. The DLC for Halo Reach is NOT included in the Legendary or Limited Edition versions, correct?

Also on Friday it looks like I'll be picking up Shadow Complex.

Thank goodness I had a 4000 point card sitting around.

I'm thinking about picking up Perfect Dark, Mega Man 10, and possibly Sonic if it's 400 points. Here's to hoping!

Edit: Just realized that Mega Man and Final Fight Double Impact are for Gold Members only. Guess I'm only getting Perfect Dark, Shadow Complex and possibly Sonic 4.

Huge thanks to redjoey for maintaining the OP & everyone else who contributes.

Just grabbed Trials dlc. I already have a ton of the other stuff, but am contemplating Reach maps & Final Fight. I've been sooo good as far as not adding to the backlog, except for xbla games. I will probably end up pulling the trigger on the previously mentioned stuff, as well as a couple others. Thinking about Ilomilo & Duke Nukem.

Wow, I have every arcade game that is on sale this and next week besides Ilomilo. I guess that's all I am getting besides maybe Peggle Nights and the Trials HD DLC.

Wow, tons of new deal. Wasn't Plants vs. Zombies on sale just a few months ago? I know I bought it back in Jan, and I think for 1200 points? :/

Just checked the earlier posts in this thread and was right. Ah well, guess I need to get around to playing it some more. ;)

[quote name='intoxicated662']By the way, Marble Blast Ultra is delisted now.[/QUOTE]

...damn it, man.

Lesson learned: If a company shuts down or even restructures (as the case with GarageGames seems to be), buy arcade games immediately

[quote name='dark_inchworm']...damn it, man.

Lesson learned: If a company shuts down or even restructures (as the case with GarageGames seems to be), buy arcade games immediately[/QUOTE]

Had I known they were shut down/restructuring I might have bought the game too. Assuming it was less that $10 anyway. I love having rare games even if they aren't the greatest.

Looks like the Trials pack is the one that wasn't on sale when the game and dlc were on sale in December. Good move M$ you may have my additional 200 points.

In for Braid, ilomilo, Peggle Nights and maybe The Writer DLC. I already have everything else (that I'm interested in) from the sales.

I need to get on MS regarding my purchases from March.

All of the ~12,000 MSP I've used so far has been free -- I've either redeemed all of my points from Bing or won them through contests. I have 74 Arcade and Indie games in my collection.

I only have 1060 MSP right now, so it looks like this next sale will break my streak. I've been wanting Shadow Complex, Splosion Man, Limbo, and Castle Crashers ever since I bought my hard drive. Damn you and your nice sales! Also, kind of wish I hadn't purchased Comic Jumper now.

[quote name='Blade']All of the ~12,000 MSP I've used so far has been free -- I've either redeemed all of my points from Bing or won them through contests. I have about 90 Arcade and Indie games in my collection.

I only have 1060 MSP right now, so it looks like this next sale will break my streak. I've been wanting Shadow Complex, Splosion Man, Limbo, and Castle Crashers ever since I bought my hard drive. Damn you and your nice sales! Also, kind of wish I hadn't purchased Comic Jumper now.[/QUOTE]

Whaat, 80 games and no Castle Crashers? And if you want to keep your streak going, you can technically ask a friend to buy you points and then reimburse him with free points :p

Is there any reason whatsoever to purchase the Mythic II map pack for Halo 3 (or, well, any Halo 3 map pack for that matter) if you have ODST? It's looking like "no."

I still have to do the DLC post (probably will do that tomorrow) and add the note to the OP that Outrun will be delisted on 12/31/2011.

I also would like to know about Peggle Nights so I can add that to the DLC post

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Is there any reason whatsoever to purchase the Mythic II map pack for Halo 3 (or, well, any Halo 3 map pack for that matter) if you have ODST? It's looking like "no."[/QUOTE]

Nope, ODST has all the Halo 3 maps.

Picked up the Trials HD DLC. I own everything that's going to be on sale on Friday except for MNC, and I think I'll pass on it. Probably wait and see what stuff we get in the coming weeks. Really appreciating all these sales we've been getting recently though, good stuff.

[quote name='gotdott']Whaat, 80 games and no Castle Crashers? And if you want to keep your streak going, you can technically ask a friend to buy you points and then reimburse him with free points :p[/QUOTE]

Haha, good idea! And yeah, really. $10 is really pushing my limit for any game download, even if it's not my own money. I just counted, by the way. It's really only 74 games. :whistle2:(

Outrun is better on PC, actually, but that has been delisted off of Steam.

Never understood the appeal of Castle Crashers, and I played it to completion with a friend. Mindless button masher.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Outrun is better on PC, actually, but that has been delisted off of Steam.

Never understood the appeal of Castle Crashers, and I played it to completion with a friend. Mindless button masher.[/QUOTE]

Ok...is there any game you like? Every time you post, you shit on something.

I'm not sure if you're a troll or extremely pessimistic.

[quote name='jbug617']is it true a a couple of games on demand games got discounted?[/QUOTE]Yes.

Just Cause 2 ($29.99, $10 off)
Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands ($19.99, $10 off)
Transformers: War for Cybertron ($39.99, $10 off)
UFC Undisputed 2010 ($29.99, $10 off)
Metro 2033 ($39.99, $10 off)
Need for Speed Shift ($19.99, $10 off)

[quote name='seanr1221']Ok...is there any game you like? Every time you post, you shit on something.

I'm not sure if you're a troll or extremely pessimistic.[/QUOTE]

Once again, NOBODY notices the stuff I do like. It's kinda silly, especially given the last month or so I've been 50/50 on heartfelt recommendations and anti-recommendations. Why give one and not the other if a specific game has burned you?

Here's a good one to start: Outrun on PC. XBLA version is good but has less content than the PC/PS2/PSP versions. XBLA is streamlined for the online leaderboards aspect though. Don't know if it has fixes or more content in any other way, but the content packs in the PC/PS2/PSP Outruns are pretty huge.

[quote name='SideSwipe999']I have the PopCap Arcade Vol. 2 disc with Peggle on it. Anyone know how the DLC works for arcade games you have on disc?[/QUOTE]

Yes it does. :D

u guys gotta get snoopy flying ace!

been holding off on it at launch and its past sale due to fears of multi being dead but ive found games extremely quickly and from 2/3 games ive played so far have had full 16 player lobbies

[quote name='ravens52bears54']
What about Perfect Dark? Sorry about my ignorance but does it have a campaign or is it just multiplayer? I would imagine it does have a campaign because isn't it a remake of a N64 game?[/QUOTE]

I didn't see anyone else answer you, but yes, it does have a full campaign. If you never played the game on N64 it will be hit or miss for you since you don't have the nostalgia factor, it was the best shooter at the time, but even with the HD update it has still failed to connect to many people who didn't play it when it was new.

[quote name='dastly75']After the XBL Rewards, $10 for both map packs...and then the free copy of Halo Reach from Microsoft, I guess I will have to bite![/QUOTE]

I'm actually thinking that beta program has something to do with the deals for Reach this month.

Picked up GOW 2 All-Fronts. No brainer IMO. The 1 Snow thing itself is like 400, and you get all the other 3 for free? I'll have to re-buy GOW 2 soon :D

I'm thinking strongly about the Crackdown 2 ones. I own Crackdown 2, but I didn't really like the Toy Box demo. Then again, ACHIEVEMENTS. Maybe I should just take the plunge. But does anyone even play C2 multi any more? Maybe it'll see a spike after this sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back