XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
MNC is pretty fun and a steal at 600 points. I usually don't play shooters online, but the tower defense aspect and the smash tv humor sold it for me!

[quote name='Coper3000']In for Shadow Complex for now. Gonna be a toss up between Limbo and Castle Crashers.[/QUOTE]

For replayability that's the easiest toss up ever. Castle Crashers by a mile.

[quote name='reddjoey']Braid and Limbo are both 1-play-through puzzle platform games. There is some replayability, but it is achievement/leaderboard chasing.[/QUOTE]

Which is a big plus for me. I have a massive game backlog so I tend to play games that are short and don't require a lot of time.

true story

Im on xbox live last night looking at the sales and I don't see anythign that I dont own and really want so I just go crusing through the arcade games and notice monday night combat was only 600 pts. So im thinking "Wow 600 pts, even though its not a sale thats a good deal" and I buy it. Sure enough I come to find out that it was part of the april 15th sale lol. It must of went live before they announced which games they were gonna do.

I really want to pick up shadow complex but I'm low on points, I guess I'm going to have to wait until the next sale. What happened to the rewards program depositing on the 15th?

[quote name='drStaton']I really want to pick up shadow complex but I'm low on points, I guess I'm going to have to wait until the next sale. What happened to the rewards program depositing on the 15th?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering that too because I still haven't gotten my pts from the 5% march rebate nor have my 100pts from monthly surveys been deposited to my account.

not sure if anyone has asked yet, but does anyone have thoughts/opinions/reviews on Halo Reach Noble map pack and Defiant map pack?? I just got a copy of Reach from MS for participating in beta and wondering if these are worth it. Considering Noble is on sale for 400 and Defiant has a 400 points rebate I'd be getting both for only 800 points which seems like a good deal to me

[quote name='TheRobReport']true story

Im on xbox live last night looking at the sales and I don't see anythign that I dont own and really want so I just go crusing through the arcade games and notice monday night combat was only 600 pts. So im thinking "Wow 600 pts, even though its not a sale thats a good deal" and I buy it. Sure enough I come to find out that it was part of the april 15th sale lol. It must of went live before they announced which games they were gonna do.[/QUOTE]

You are really earning the title under your name at the moment. :lol: They announced what would be on sale Tuesday, and the sale would of gone live sometime late last night.

[quote name='kidrocklive']I was wondering that too because I still haven't gotten my pts from the 5% march rebate nor have my 100pts from monthly surveys been deposited to my account.[/QUOTE]

Haven't gotten anything either. I actually sent them an email stating specifically how much I had spent in March and how much should be showing in my account; I also made sure to mention the very real fact that I'm not unconvinced that Rewards is managed well enough to come through with their promotions I am holding out on purchasing the Halo maps till the missing points show. Not much point in getting one without the other by this point and right now I'm not at all convinced Rewards will come through without having to deal with their support, which if it is like any Microsoft/Xbox support other than their twitter it will take a week for them to send a totally useless response. (Actually already been 3 business days so they obviously don't keep to that promise)

Unrelated, so I guess I get to be that guy this time around. I tried Limbo finally, played maybe ten minutes of the demo and I have to say, I think I spent 8 of those minutes waiting for the demo to end before I just quit. The fact it looks sorta artsy, if you want to call black silhouettes on gray artsy, is pretty much the only positive thing I could say about my short experience with the game. I didn't enjoy it at all.

[quote name='anarchyburger']not sure if anyone has asked yet, but does anyone have thoughts/opinions/reviews on Halo Reach Noble map pack and Defiant map pack?? I just got a copy of Reach from MS for participating in beta and wondering if these are worth it. Considering Noble is on sale for 400 and Defiant has a 400 points rebate I'd be getting both for only 800 points which seems like a good deal to me[/QUOTE]

I've only played the Noble map a bit, briefly at a friends house, but the only thing I thought was lacking from the Halo Reach multiplayer experience was more map variety. Otherwise it is by far my favorite multiplayer game. So in that regards, $10 to make a great game even better is a good deal, even better if you didn't have to pay for the game.

I love both of the map packs. I just wish more people had the map packs so we could play them in Team Slayer and Big Team Battle more.

Yeah I'm thinking I might pick up the Noble Map Pack even though I can't play online where I'm at normally just for the extra firefight maps due to the reduced price.

Buy Shadow Complex people... its pure awesomeness (Braid is wicked too)

Kinda Want, Undecided:
Duke Nukem 3D - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off
Scott Pilgrim Dashboard Ad Deal(not really a deal more of a promotion) for 800 MSP
Castle Crashers - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - i cant tho, i have to get it on ps3 so i can experience the multiplayer, only got silver xbl :(

Bought:
Splosion Man - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off
LIMBO - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off
Trials HD: Big Thrills - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off

thanks OP, damn i wish DotW wasnt gold exclusive tho...

[quote name='Spybreak8']Yeah I'm thinking I might pick up the Noble Map Pack even though I can't play online where I'm at normally just for the extra firefight maps due to the reduced price.[/QUOTE]

A quick Google search brought up info that a Firefight Versus playlist used some of the Noble maps but I couldn't find anything about traditional co-op Firefight stuff using the Noble maps. One of the Defiant maps is used in Firefight though. Were you referring to Firefight Versus or did I miss an announcement about the Noble map pack?

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Spare Parts is back at 800 I finally got bored enough to buy it and think I'm going to settle for Final Fight instead.[/QUOTE]

Boo! I haven't gotten to the demo yet. I thought those family deals were supposed to last all month. Is there a new one in it's place?

So I've recently bought the Noble map pack, After Burner, Comic Jumper and Final Fight: Double Impact because of this thread. Now I have to decide if I really want to buy Toy Soldiers or not. Also tempted to buy the Alan Wake DLC, even though I don't own the game!

Thoughts on Toy Soldiers?

Unrelated, so I guess I get to be that guy this time around. I tried Limbo finally, played maybe ten minutes of the demo and I have to say, I think I spent 8 of those minutes waiting for the demo to end before I just quit. The fact it looks sorta artsy, if you want to call black silhouettes on gray artsy, is pretty much the only positive thing I could say about my short experience with the game. I didn't enjoy it at all.

Trust me, you are not the only one. The demo was boring, and bland. I did not see what the big fuss was about.

not sure if anyone has asked yet, but does anyone have thoughts/opinions/reviews on Halo Reach Noble map pack and Defiant map pack?? I just got a copy of Reach from MS for participating in beta and wondering if these are worth it. Considering Noble is on sale for 400 and Defiant has a 400 points rebate I'd be getting both for only 800 points which seems like a good deal to me

800 for both is a great deal. Noble pack has "Breakpoint," a new invasion / big team map that is IMHO the best original map in the game. Defiant pack has highlands which is an amazing capture the flag map.

Reach is an amazing title, but the on disc map selection felt a little lacking. So 6 new maps does the trick.

Is there a CAG group for Reach? A lot of my friends don't play that game really but I'd be interested in getting into a group of people who would play now and then. Especially for the Forge stuff cause I hear that stuff can be great fun too.

[quote name='anarchyburger']not sure if anyone has asked yet, but does anyone have thoughts/opinions/reviews on Halo Reach Noble map pack and Defiant map pack?? I just got a copy of Reach from MS for participating in beta and wondering if these are worth it. Considering Noble is on sale for 400 and Defiant has a 400 points rebate I'd be getting both for only 800 points which seems like a good deal to me[/QUOTE]

It really depends on how easily bored you get playing on the same maps. You won't have any problems finding an online game without the map packs, like I've heard can happen in the Call of Duty games.

Is the GoW 2 All Fronts Collection worth it just for the extra single player campaign? I don't game online, so the maps aren't really a draw for me, and it seems like that's the biggest part.

[quote name='Quadriflax']Is the GoW 2 All Fronts Collection worth it just for the extra single player campaign? I don't game online, so the maps aren't really a draw for me, and it seems like that's the biggest part.[/QUOTE]

I personally would say no. If you don't plan on at least playing horde or something I think the SP portion isn't worth the $5. It doesn't add anything to the story at all.

[quote name='Goodbyemrcool'][FONT=Verdana, Arial]I got my 5% Back for March today, check your accounts.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

I can confirm this too. I got my 40pts as well.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Boo! I haven't gotten to the demo yet. I thought those family deals were supposed to last all month. Is there a new one in it's place?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the execution of the family deals is poor. Apparently it's only on the dash if you have the family plan, and it doesn't specify how long the sale is.

I managed to take advantage of the one day sale on 1 AM Sat. Glad they made it overlap a bit.

Anyway, I finally got in the rewards program but I don't see the deal where I get 400 points back if I buy the Defiant map pack. Is there a separate site where I can see a complete list of rewards?

I too finally got my 5% back from March this morning. Apparently it didn't count the purchases I made on the 31st so I only got 100 points, but luckily the promotion carries into April. Now I only have to wait a whole month before these points transfer over from the pending account :roll:

I just bought both Halo Reach mappacks, though I've been playing Bad Company 2 (360) and Killzone 3 more. Is the community for Snoopy Flying Ace still active? That was something I wanted to buy.

i have had 280 points pending since the beginning of march that still havent deposited but i hadnt paid much attention to the rewards program until they started the 5% back.

i FINALLY got this today in my pending points
Stayed Gold in March – 5% Back on All March Marketplace Spend 40 points

40 points? i just double checked billing.microsoft.com and i spent 3,960 points in the month of march. wtf.

[quote name='drStaton']i have had 280 points pending since the beginning of march that still havent deposited but i hadnt paid much attention to the rewards program until they started the 5% back.

i FINALLY got this today in my pending points
Stayed Gold in March – 5% Back on All March Marketplace Spend 40 points

40 points? i just double checked billing.microsoft.com and i spent 3,960 points in the month of march. wtf.[/QUOTE]

Make sure you were viewing march and that that is actually what you spent, according to Microsoft. I misread the top part once cause it list the current month totals even after you move to a different month. Easy to accidentally add a "points added' to your "spent" total by accident if you spent and added points randomly throughout the month. Assuming you didn't accidentally add a bunch of points by accident though, yeah, you're around 160 short and I would email them.

Finally got my points pending in my account as well, I did get shorted ten points, making for 130 instead of 140, but could just be that something is being counted towards April or some messed up rounding system. Up to 210 points pending, with another 140 coming back for purchases I've made or will make for sure this month (plus the 400 point rebate on the map pack).

I know this ain't the rewards thread, but holy hell that service isn't worth caring about. 5% back, that you haven't gotten 3 weeks later, and it only spits out amounts of 100? So most people are only going to be getting 100 points, or 200 if they've got some from surveys?

Bing spits out points like candy by comparison.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']I know this ain't the rewards thread, but holy hell that service isn't worth caring about. 5% back, that you haven't gotten 3 weeks later, and it only spits out amounts of 100? So most people are only going to be getting 100 points, or 200 if they've got some from surveys?

Bing spits out points like candy by comparison.[/QUOTE]

Just for a clarification it spits out all points after you get over 100. If you have 450 points in your account in April then on May 15th or so you will get 450 points. Maybe this is what you meant but it read to me like you only get 100 points per month after you qualify. It may not be fast but free points for doing basically nothing is fine by me.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Just for a clarification it spits out all points after you get over 100. If you have 450 points in your account in April then on May 15th or so you will get 450 points. Maybe this is what you meant but it read to me like you only get 100 points per month after you qualify. It may not be fast but free points for doing basically nothing is fine by me.[/QUOTE]

He's just saying that 5% doesn't equate to anything significant. If you're the type who buys several games a month, i.e. spends thousands of points a month, then you basically get a free game every month or two. Bing rewards takes about a month to earn enough points to redeem for 400 MSP anyway so he's just exaggerating.

So I missed this thread on when the 1-Day sale began - and woke up this morning and saw the '1 Day Sale' on my dashboard. I purchased Limbo for what should have been 600 MS points and got charged 1200 points. While I know after reading this thread, the sale was yesterday, I had no idea since it still advertised as being on sale.

I called MS twice, was put on hold both times for over 40 minutes before the calls were dropped. So I sent an e-mail and am waiting a reply on what I hope to be a 600 point refund. Has anyone had any experience dealing with them on this?

[quote name='blitztwn36']So I missed this thread on when the 1-Day sale began - and woke up this morning and saw the '1 Day Sale' on my dashboard. I purchased Limbo for what should have been 600 MS points and got charged 1200 points. While I know after reading this thread, the sale was yesterday, I had no idea since it still advertised as being on sale.

I called MS twice, was put on hold both times for over 40 minutes before the calls were dropped. So I sent an e-mail and am waiting a reply on what I hope to be a 600 point refund. Has anyone had any experience dealing with them on this?[/QUOTE]

They are pretty strict on refunds, and that strict line is typically of the no persuasion. If it was a known issue they may cave in knowing that they left the ad up, but then again they may also say it is your responsibility to pay attention when you confirm the purchase. Either way, good luck.

As for the Live Rewards talk; yeah, it's not fantastic and you won't earn nearly as many points as you potentially can with Bing Rewards, but I'll gladly take 5% back on what I would already have purchased. I've gotten 200 points from them so far, have 210 points pending and will be getting at about another 200 points pending for April. 600 points doesn't buy much, but it certainly buys more than no points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back