XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RollingSkull']

Both are good. Both have one lousy boss fight. For the price, they're both worth it. The best way to get the whole DR2 experience is to really buy them separate on Xbox and then get the expertly ported PC version.[/QUOTE]

How are you getting the whole DR2 experience with the PC version? More story?

[quote name='sherisdoppel']If you own Dead Rising 2, do you still need those two DLC's?
How are the DLC's? Can the new contents such as weapons be added into the main story?[/QUOTE]

The DLCs are standalone, you dont need DR2 to play them. Case Zero is single player and carries some PP over into the main game and lets u get up to like level 5 or something. Case West happens after DR2 and can be played co-op. There are spoilers in it apparently.

How cruel of Microsoft to put up a Castlevania Harmony of Despair ad 2nd on the Spotlight linking to the full price content right now!

This is probably gonna be a no, but I'm asking anyway.

Is there any way to rename Xbox Arcade Titles? It really grinds my gears that the dead rising games are labeled "DEADRISING2:CASE WEST" and "DR2: CASE ZERO". Other than the nasty ALL CAPS, and the scrunchedlettering, the games aren't even next to each other in my game list. WTF Microsoft, at least show some consistency in your game titles or give me the option to fix it myself.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']How are you getting the whole DR2 experience with the PC version? More story?[/QUOTE]

PC version is cheaper on average and runs like a dream. You have to deal with GFWL, though, but on the whole it is just an extremely well done port.

If you prefer consoles, stick with the console version.

[quote name='RollingSkull']PC version is cheaper on average and runs like a dream. You have to deal with GFWL, though, but on the whole it is just an extremely well done port.

If you prefer consoles, stick with the console version.[/QUOTE]

Its new for 19.99 at Gamestop, and apparently they are having 50% off PC games so it could potentially be 10.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Case Zero and Case West are both unique levels of DR2, condensed, tightly packed experiences. West has more content, starts you at level 45 instead of level 1, and is just a bit more refined, but it's also dopier, showing the series going the way of Resident Evil's awful sequences of twists they pretended was a plot. Case Zero is more thematically DR.

Both are good. Both have one lousy boss fight. For the price, they're both worth it. The best way to get the whole DR2 experience is to really buy them separate on Xbox and then get the expertly ported PC version.[/QUOTE]

Level 40 actually. Not a big deal but yeah.
My only problem with Case West so far is guns. So many enemies with guns.

Debating buying SF2. Its only $2.50 buy man the controls are poopy with a gamepad.
Also wondering if I should even bother with Castlevania DLC anymore. Run through the boss at least 5 times and all sense of magic of a new level is gone. And then the other 95 runs will be me trying to get Sonic Boots or Miser Rings.

[quote name='dchrisd']This is probably gonna be a no, but I'm asking anyway.

Is there any way to rename Xbox Arcade Titles? It really grinds my gears that the dead rising games are labeled "DEADRISING2:CASE WEST" and "DR2: CASE ZERO". Other than the nasty ALL CAPS, and the scrunchedlettering, the games aren't even next to each other in my game list. WTF Microsoft, at least show some consistency in your game titles or give me the option to fix it myself.[/QUOTE]

It's a no, sorry to say. It's one of the features I actually really appreciate about the PS3.

[quote name='dchrisd']This is probably gonna be a no, but I'm asking anyway.

Is there any way to rename Xbox Arcade Titles? It really grinds my gears that the dead rising games are labeled "DEADRISING2:CASE WEST" and "DR2: CASE ZERO". Other than the nasty ALL CAPS, and the scrunchedlettering, the games aren't even next to each other in my game list. WTF Microsoft, at least show some consistency in your game titles or give me the option to fix it myself.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. I had some trouble finding Case Zero in the marketplace. What's worse is that there are a select few Japanese games that have been localized for North America and are still listed Japanese. :bomb:

[quote name='sonnyforple']200msp is a steal for this. Its kind of like an extended demo of Dead Rising 2. If you go for all the achievements it takes I think 6-8 hours. If you have no intention of playing Dead Rising 2 because you don't like that type of game then you probably wont like this. If you have never played any Dead Rising I would give it a shot with case zero.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response, I think I will get it.

Also, I like dead rising, I just don't want to spend the money on it until it's really cheap. ($10)

Yeah both the DLCs have trials, so try it out first. It is a very fun game for 200 pts. You can get some playtime out of it. I went ahead and bought Case West last night. Its pretty cool. The security guards with guns are kinda annoying, but Im looking forward to playing Dead Rising 2.

Im gonna grab a used copy, I feel like I should wait tho for the Off the Record or something.

I grabbed Case West since I had some points buning a hole in my account. It seemed like a better buy than Case Zero since I suck at time management.
I can't wait until Monday (yes not Tuesday) to grab Castlevania SOTN.

[quote name='Abeja']Yeah both the DLCs have trials, so try it out first. It is a very fun game for 200 pts. You can get some playtime out of it. I went ahead and bought Case West last night. Its pretty cool. The security guards with guns are kinda annoying, but Im looking forward to playing Dead Rising 2.

Im gonna grab a used copy, I feel like I should wait tho for the Off the Record or something.[/QUOTE]

Those security guards killed the game for me more than anything. They were so annoying. Why can't there just be some epidemic zombie outbreak and not some weird top secret company with some crooked bad dude trying to take over? i.e. you only fight zombies.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Those security guards killed the game for me more than anything. They were so annoying. Why can't there just be some epidemic zombie outbreak and not some weird top secret company with some crooked bad dude trying to take over? i.e. you only fight zombies.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I bought both Case West and Case Zero at full price and the only one I've replayed multiple times is Case Zero. If Case West slowly introduced the security guards once you got more upgrades then it might be okay, but they show up right from the start and always shoot at you from high places. It's frustrating to try and stand still and shoot up at these bastards while there are a ton of zombies coming after you. My friend and I just wound up running through a lot of the game to avoid the gunfire.

Thankfully the game sort of makes up for the security guards by allowing your partner to revive you.

[quote name='cruk']I'm curious, my gold subscription expires tomorrow (1st May), will I still get my rewards from April purchases if I cancel it?[/QUOTE]

If you were gold April 1 - April 30, I don't see why not.

Thanks. So anyone wanna wager when Torchlight will go on sale? I'm guessing then Torchlight 2 comes out this summer maybe?

Fellow CAGs please start bombardment of messages to microsoft with it containing reasons why it would be beneficial to them to put a crapload of stuff on sale.
obviously they would benefit from psn being down, and they should have been dropping prices since psn went down. more money for them!

[quote name='shinn']Fellow CAGs please start bombardment of messages to microsoft with it containing reasons why it would be beneficial to them to put a crapload of stuff on sale.
obviously they would benefit from psn being down, and they should have been dropping prices since psn went down. more money for them![/QUOTE]
No

[quote name='shinn']Fellow CAGs please start bombardment of messages to microsoft with it containing reasons why it would be beneficial to them to put a crapload of stuff on sale.
obviously they would benefit from psn being down, and they should have been dropping prices since psn went down. more money for them![/QUOTE]

Where have you been the last two months?

Anyone have anything bad to say about Castlevania SOTN? Its reviews are excellent across the board so I'm interested, but I already own some NES Castlevania games and rarely play them.

[quote name='bsmiff']Anyone have anything bad to say about Castlevania SOTN? Its reviews are excellent across the board so I'm interested, but I already own some NES Castlevania games and rarely play them.[/QUOTE]

You typed that? On purpose? :hot:

Obviously SOTN is a lot newer and fancier than Castlevania 1-3 and features one of the best game soundtracks ever, as well as a fully-voiced and interesting story. It's also way longer and more complicated than the past games.

Come on now, Bsmiff.

SOTN is a watershed moment for the franchise. The formula (called Metriodvania) of that game has been duplicated numerous times since then (looking at you Shadow Complex and Castlevania DS titles). If you are unfamiliar with what that means, it takes the Castlevania lore gameplay and puts it into the Metriod (Before PRIME) style map based gameplay. Each area of the map is populated by different badies, bosses, and items to find and use. You will of course unlock new areas as you go-on and back-track across the map through the story. It has a healthy mix of RPG elements (loot, equipment, exploring, leveling, etc) laid over with that early Metriod-style of play and Castlevania theme. The music is excellent and the game holds up very well. If you are worried about value, you can easily get 6-8 hours of play out of it.

EDIT:
Clearly eastx and I sound like gushing fanboys, but it really is a quality game.

[quote name='bsmiff']Anyone have anything bad to say about Castlevania SOTN? Its reviews are excellent across the board so I'm interested, but I already own some NES Castlevania games and rarely play them.[/QUOTE]

As someone who played later Metroid style CVs after SotN, I found SotN lifeless and rather dull, to be honest. Felt like a beta version of those DS games. I am the minority though.

[quote name='eastx']You typed that? On purpose? :hot:

Obviously SOTN is a lot newer and fancier than Castlevania 1-3 and features one of the best game soundtracks ever, as well as a fully-voiced and interesting story. It's also way longer and more complicated than the past games.

Come on now, Bsmiff.[/QUOTE]

Sheesh, how dare I? :roll:

I wasn't asking the difference between 1-3 and SOTN; like you say it's obvious. I'm just curious if anyone's got anything bad to say about the game. I don't want to blow 400 MSP on another Castlevania title that'll just sit in my collection.

I'm not a diehard fan of Castlevania's style, lore, etc., but I am a huge fan of side scrolling action games, which is why I'm even considering buying it. The demo was fun but I fear I'll lose interest, and most if not all reviews on metacritic sound fanboy-ish to me. I appreciate everyone's input.

[quote name='bsmiff']

I'm not a diehard fan of Castlevania's style, lore, etc., but I am a huge fan of side scrolling action games, which is why I'm even considering buying it. The demo was fun but I fear I'll lose interest, and most if not all reviews on metacritic sound fanboy-ish to me. I appreciate everyone's input.[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth, I'm NOT a big Castlevania fan but do like the side-scrolling action genre. I sincerely enjoyed SOTN. It was just a really solid, well designed game (fanboy-praise be damned.) I played through it twice, which were two different experiences and challenges. Easily got my money's worth.

[quote name='RollingSkull']As someone who played later Metroid style CVs after SotN, I found SotN lifeless and rather dull, to be honest. Felt like a beta version of those DS games. I am the minority though.[/QUOTE]

Ha ha ha. That may be your best post ever.

[quote name='bsmiff']Sheesh, how dare I? :roll:

I wasn't asking the difference between 1-3 and SOTN; like you say it's obvious. I'm just curious if anyone's got anything bad to say about the game. I don't want to blow 400 MSP on another Castlevania title that'll just sit in my collection.

I'm not a diehard fan of Castlevania's style, lore, etc., but I am a huge fan of side scrolling action games, which is why I'm even considering buying it. The demo was fun but I fear I'll lose interest, and most if not all reviews on metacritic sound fanboy-ish to me. I appreciate everyone's input.[/QUOTE]

I'd be a fan-boy if I chimed in on it, but I'll say this, even after all of these years, and probably for years to come, nothing has any hope of derailing my Top 3 games (#1. SMB3, #2. Resident Evil 4, #3. Castlevania: SoTN).

I've gotten probably around 1,000+ hours of gameplay from SoTN. Literally. Trailing back from the PS days, even to the 360 port (as well as the copy I own on PS3, and my PSP [ PS3-port-over + Dracula X Chronicles ], and also have started playing on my Droid).

I can go and play SoTN any day of the week, and never get bored of it. Even if I have to start a new game everytime I went to play it, it's just something I will never get bored of. It set a landmark in game design at the time, and it still stand the test of time, as it's still, in my opinion, one of the most well-made games ever (from all standpoints, especially soundtrack and gameplay-wise).

Hell, I'd pay 800 alone if they added the two small sections included in the Saturn / Japenese versions of the game as DLC. If they re-released this on a disc for retail and marked it as $100, I'd still buy it. Easily, still to this day, one of my favorite games.

So... as I said, there is your fan-boy mini-review (mind you I never liked the older Castlevania's, and SoTN is what got me in to Castlevania).

[quote name='eliguanodon']Well my mind is now made up thanks to LegendK7113r, I'll be buying that game tonight.[/QUOTE]

Thanks to everyone I'm pretty convinced as well, but I plan on holding off until it goes on sale on Tuesday...

SoTN was one of the best games of its era no doubt and it holds up surprisingly well. I personally like Aria of Sorrow better for its richer graphics, better character development, and seemingly much larger dungeon. SoTN is absolutely going to be worth the points. It's still one of the finest MetroidVania games to date. There's a reason the term was derived from this game and why it's still used today. I recall at the time everyone was calling it the best Metroid=style game made. It was deemed worthy to share the mantle with the Metroid franchise and thus the split term was born.

It's not the greatest game of all time but it is a damn good one. Most of the "best" games of yesteryear don't hold up today-see Final Fantasy VII and Legend of Zelda: OOT (both overrated then imo-again good but not great SoTN was better than both).

[quote name='eastx']Don't forget to use my Achievement Guide for Symphony of the Night, you guys. :)[/QUOTE]

Nice guide! I'm gonna have to go back and pick up some of these achievements now. I didn't realize I could beat Dracula as Richter in 30 minutes. Thanks.

And I totally agree with the posts about Symphony of the Night being one of the greatest games ever. It still holds up amazingly well to this day. I still own my original copy on the PS1 (mint condition, non-greatest hits packaging :)).

Just wanted to pop in and give love to SOTN. One of the few games that has stuck in my top three since it was released. I've beaten it over 20 times on 4 systems. Amazing game, best soundtrack ever.

[quote name='RollingSkull']As someone who played later Metroid style CVs after SotN, I found SotN lifeless and rather dull, to be honest. Felt like a beta version of those DS games. I am the minority though.[/QUOTE]

troll_face_in_640_10_Troll_Face_in_the_Real_Life-s580x530-148558-580.jpg

[quote name='seanr1221']
troll_face_in_640_10_Troll_Face_in_the_Real_Life-s580x530-148558-580.jpg
[/QUOTE]
I don't ever give anything but my honest opinion on games here. I fail to see the need to post random images in response.

Could someone help me decide on the Maw or Dishwasher VS. I have 400 points that expire at the end of the month (1020 in all). I've played the demos and like both. I have not played the original Dishwasher and it's demo didn't do anything for me, so I won't have played the original if that's important for the story (though I don't really play games for the story anymore). The only other Twisted Pixel game I have is Splosion Man and after I hit the second or third world, I just said fuck it.

I'm not a fan of twisted pixel games and the maw has gone on sale a few times, plus I've seen it in the 360 code trading thread often so u can always get it cheap later on. I'd get the dishwasher game, especially when it has online functionality over xbl so u can play with others and also Ska studios is an awesome, on the come up team of 3 people.

Both have been on sale in the past but if you really want to buy one I agree with the above post. I'm avoiding buying another Twisted Pixel game because of how bad Comic Jumper was and Dishwasher seems decent.

Personally I'd wait for a sale on these two and hold out until your points expire at the end of the month. With all the sales going on lately there's a good chance something else you want may get discounted soon.

[quote name='Jhuntley']Could someone help me decide on the Maw or Dishwasher VS. I have 400 points that expire at the end of the month (1020 in all). I've played the demos and like both. I have not played the original Dishwasher and it's demo didn't do anything for me, so I won't have played the original if that's important for the story (though I don't really play games for the story anymore). The only other Twisted Pixel game I have is Splosion Man and after I hit the second or third world, I just said fuck it.[/QUOTE]

The Maw looks interesting, but I just found the game to be really boring.
It just felt uninspired for some reason.

The idea sounds cool, but the gameplay isn't that impressive at all. It's just a mild puzzle platform in my opinion.
If you must spend it then I'd say go for Dishwasher VS.

[quote name='Jhuntley']Could someone help me decide on the Maw or Dishwasher VS. I have 400 points that expire at the end of the month (1020 in all). I've played the demos and like both. I have not played the original Dishwasher and it's demo didn't do anything for me, so I won't have played the original if that's important for the story (though I don't really play games for the story anymore). The only other Twisted Pixel game I have is Splosion Man and after I hit the second or third world, I just said fuck it.[/QUOTE]
Well, I found The Maw boring as fuck. you walk this thing around like a dog, and it eats things. basically, that's all you do. I havn't played any of the Dishwasher games so no comment there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back