XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bought this! Wayyyy behind on Castlevania playing, also just downloaded SotN.

Anywho, while they're on sale, which map packs are must-buys? If I have to get everything I can, but I'd rather not if they're not great. The SotN extra stages look cool, also which extra characters are best to download? I had my eye on Richter and Maria (big surprise, I know xD)

Any suggestions appreciate, also if you'd like to help a lowly nub in this, GT is Lee Chaolan T6

Decided to grab Castlevania HoD after seeing all the CAGs here picking it up. I've got finals this week but after that would love to play a bunch. Also grabbed all the DLC levels. I'll start adding you guys, or feel free to add me.

-

Just added everyone who recently listed their GT for HoD so heads up for a FR from "nah dew". Jaskull and I had a pretty good first run on chapter 1 last night.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Anywho, while they're on sale, which map packs are must-buys? If I have to get everything I can, but I'd rather not if they're not great. The SotN extra stages look cool, also which extra characters are best to download? I had my eye on Richter and Maria (big surprise, I know xD)[/QUOTE]
All the maps are must-buys. If you can only get a few, I would order them:
10, 7, 11, 9, 8

Maria is awesome! Richter is good, but the best whip user is Julius.

I recommend the HOD itself if you want to play with people. The DLC maps nobody are hardly playing them at all. I tried finding people and about 90% of the time nobody joins or games going on. There was 1 or 2 map ones that was found but the others were empty nonstop.

I am shocked cause i always found people on the main game so i figured the dlc maps would be the same maybe a little less. But is is like a ghost town the 6-8 hours i tried getting into games through random days last week.

Great game to bad dlc stuff is dead and the game gets so boring solo. Once you play online with people you do not want to go back to solo.

So if you want to solo buy the maps they are cool. If you want to play with others good luck it will just get worse over time to.

Am i the only one notice so many games are dead online? Hell i can never find people really in 1-2 month old games. TDU2 is a total joke the community is so dead and the club achievements is a no go cause nobody is doing club matches... I notice this with most games these days. Is it cause people only playing hardcore cod and halo mostly or cause to many games = mp killer? It is sad the arcade games are the worst by far... I bought like 30 the last month or 2 and man nobody plays much of anything on them...

Ghost towns are not fun...

:)

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I recommend the HOD itself if you want to play with people. The DLC maps nobody are hardly playing them at all. I tried finding people and about 90% of the time nobody joins or games going on. There was 1 or 2 map ones that was found but the others were empty nonstop.[/QUOTE]
I usually notice the opposite, most people only play the dlc maps. Maybe that only applies to hard difficulty, I haven't played normal in a while. I would guess the non-dlc maps are popular for normal difficulty, but the best gear are in hard difficulty dlc levels making them popular for grinding.

Hey guys, I need to get some folks to play HoD with. I bought it back last summer but due to not having anyone to talk to and play with(just random folks who always seemed way overpowered compared to me) I have put maybe an hour into the game and have felt kinda cheated money wise.

Would love to get my money's worth. Bought all the DLC stages since they were on sale. Please add me if you're playing, I'd like to get the experience of getting to play through the stages normally and have some sense of progression instead of having some random guy run through them in 3 minutes.

Gamertag is Typical Knave. Hope to play with some of you guys soon.

I'd be willing to play as well. I had thought there weren't going to be many going for HOD, but it looks like there's a nice little community.

GT: grizzlebo

[quote name='cancerman1120']Anyone get their 5% reward points back for April purchases yet?[/QUOTE]

I've never gotten anything back through XBL Rewards. I'm starting to think I never will.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Anyone get their 5% reward points back for April purchases yet?[/QUOTE]

I didn't get my March 5% back until late April so I expect it will take a few more weeks at least.

[quote name='crookshow']I didn't get my March 5% back until late April so I expect it will take a few more weeks at least.[/QUOTE]

HA
I never even got my March at all yet.
I am really holding my breath in anticipation on getting my April.
(Please note the intended tone of sarcasm in the previous sentence.)

You guys should shoot them an e-mail through the rewards site. That's what I did last month when lots of posters were reporting that they had received their 5% rewards and I hadn't. A few days later I got a response and the points were added.

[quote name='crookshow']You guys should shoot them an e-mail through the rewards site. That's what I did last month when lots of posters were reporting that they had received their 5% rewards and I hadn't. A few days later I got a response and the points were added.[/QUOTE]

This.

I just simply asked "When should I expect my points to be added?" over a weekend. I got a response on Monday, and then by the end of the week my Rewards points were added.

CV:HOD board other way guys. :D:D

im thinking this will be the week microsoft is going to put some serious deals on the table this week, with psn still being down they might capitalize on people going to the store and looking at a psn card and a xbox one, knowing its pointless to buy the psn card.

common sense really

[quote name='bsmiff']Just added everyone who recently listed their GT for HoD so heads up for a FR from "nah dew". Jaskull and I had a pretty good first run on chapter 1 last night.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was a lot of fun and I'll be sending out from FRs now, too. I probably won't be back on to play until tomorrow, though. The game doesn't do the best job at explaining the fundamentals and I fear that RPG newcomers might get a bit lost in the equipment menus.

Once you get the hang of it, though, it's a great co-op game.

Don't think I'll be buying the Castlevania DLC. I liked the game but spending almost $10 for all of that maps just so I can grind more.
Took me long enough to get Winged Boots but to get Sonic Boots? No thank you.

Also about the Rewards I know 5% is very small amount back but wondering if I've got it back yet.
"Stayed Gold in March – 5% Back on All March Marketplace Spend"
Is this what shows up if you've got your Reward Points back? I only got 30 back so it just seems like a really small amount. It might be because the sale near the end of march counted those purchases as April purchases which I haven't gotten back yet, but dunno.

[quote name='lilman']I usually notice the opposite, most people only play the dlc maps. Maybe that only applies to hard difficulty, I haven't played normal in a while. I would guess the non-dlc maps are popular for normal difficulty, but the best gear are in hard difficulty dlc levels making them popular for grinding.[/QUOTE]

I never play normal i beat the old nes castlevania games and contra so i am used to and do not need to play on the lower settings. I got desperate and put it to search all settings for all the dlc maps and nothing. I do not mind playing on normal when nobody is doing it on any of them. I find people all the time in non dlc but the dlc stuff is dead. I searched 6 or so hours of total time to get games with dlc maps. That is a lot of time searching and not playing... I did not try the last 3-4 days i gave up. I can solo hard fine and rock it but it is boring with just you. Oh well backlog of 100+ games i bought the last year.

You can just create a match with whatever DLC map you want and people will eventually join. I agree with Lilman that most serious players play the DLC stages more than the originals since they would have gotten the majority of the gear from the original stages already.

As for Normal, it's very useful for grinding souls and other abilities, though not high-level gear.

[quote name='shinn']im thinking this will be the week microsoft is going to put some serious deals on the table this week, with psn still being down they might capitalize on people going to the store and looking at a psn card and a xbox one, knowing its pointless to buy the psn card.

common sense really[/QUOTE]I have to wonder if PSN's problems will affect MS's XBLA sale strategies all that much. If anything, wouldn't MS have less motivation to put a ton of things on sale when they're not forced to fight for gamers' virtual dollars while one of their biggest competitors is temporarily out of the loop?

[quote name='Thrinn']I have to wonder if PSN's problems will affect MS's XBLA sale strategies all that much. If anything, wouldn't MS have less motivation to put a ton of things on sale when they're not forced to fight for gamers' virtual dollars while one of their biggest competitors is temporarily out of the loop?[/QUOTE]

That's one way to look at it. The other would be MS having a "kick em while they're down" mentality.

[quote name='kidrocklive']That's one way to look at it. The other would be MS having a "kick em while they're down" mentality.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, if anything this is the time to put their best foot forward. There will be a lot of new potential customers examining Xbox Live this month who have never considered it before, and Microsoft should be doing whatever it can to win them over.

According to that Twitter, it seems Gatling Gates (1,200 points) is the game coming out Wed.

Perhaps we'll see something from Major Nelson today.

[quote name='Stephan123']And your Deal of the Week (starting tomorrow) is 50% off a bunch of Mafia II, Bioshock 2 and Borderlands stuff - Gold members only.
(http://twitter.com/#!/AceyBongos)
From Aceybongos.[/QUOTE]

I was just coming here to post that. I will update the OP tonight. Should I make this thread a wiki?

[quote name='reddjoey']I was just coming here to post that. I will update the OP tonight. Should I make this thread a wiki?[/QUOTE]

Sure, why the hell not? and if you're posting it, making it official (semi-official?) then i'm heading over to pick up Castlevania HD.

Does anyone think the dashboard deal (3 months for $12.49 and 800 free msp) is a good deal? I'm thinking about going back to gold membership, but the only thing stopping me is all my multiplayer games are on ps3.

[quote name='Stephan123']And your Deal of the Week (starting tomorrow) is 50% off a bunch of Mafia II, Bioshock 2 and Borderlands stuff - Gold members only.
From Aceybongos.[/QUOTE]
It's times like this I wish I had bought the 360 version. Joe's dlc never goes on psn sale, even if psn was up.

[quote name='reddjoey']I was just coming here to post that. I will update the OP tonight. Should I make this thread a wiki?[/QUOTE]
Of course you can trust us if you want. *Cue evil laugh*

From Aceybongos.[/QUOTE]

Dang if that's the case it's quite likely I won't be buying anything this week. It'll break my month+ of having something I wanted go on sale. Here's hoping they resume the double sales and/or the bunch of stuff includes something cool I don't have!

EDIT: Just remembered that there's always the Claptrap avatar pet I'd buy if it ever went on sale. *Crosses Fingers*

NO. I prefer this thread just the way it is, with you running it.
Huge disappointment if that really is all of next week's sale. These have been discounted multiple times now. Why not take advantage of the PSN disaster with some XBL exclusives?

[quote name='Sychophantom']I'll second hoping the Claptrap avatar pet goes on sale.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I've never played Mafia II and already have all of the game DLC for Borderlands and BioShock 2, so I'm hoping for some avatar items in the sale if anything. I kind of had my eye on the weapons chest.

If I was xbox I would make a giant blowout deal of the week and put a TON of sh*t on sale. Make it the "You can actually buy stuff and play it online sale"

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back