XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy Moly Fallout 3 on sale A-GAIN? You've got to be kidding me. #-o I find it funny that the two my friend (who's a FO3 nut) and I consider the best of the DLC are NOT on sale. Him, The Pitt and me, Point Lookout. Mothership Zeta was SO bad and dragged on forever, skip this one! :wall: I'm not even going to comment on Oblivion because putting a games DLC that is THAT old as the DotW is bullshit. Do a permanent price drop on it or something, but don't put it as the DotW. What a ripoff.

Previously got all the Fallout 3 DLC from other sales... and the Elder Scrolls DLC is a joke given the cost still (1200pts for Shivering Isles?!?), especially when you take into account that the GOTY version of the game was as low as $14 at some point and they're re-releasing the game at $30 with $10 off of Skyrim. Seems like a no-brainer on what to do there...

The only DLC they put on sale is what's included with the existing GOTY and the new 5th Anniversary? But they leave the DLC that's not included, like Thieves' Den and Orrery and what not, out of the sale? Where does that even begin to make sense? I've missed previous sales on it, just want it to drop in price again.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Microsoft must really want me to save my points, these have been very weak sales this month.[/QUOTE]Same here. Aside from the Castlevania stages (which I need to play) and Bangai-O HD, I haven't bought anything this month. I also can't think of many games coming out that I want, aside from Radiant Silvergun (avatar awards confirmed!), Half-Minute Hero -Super Mega Neo Climax- (awards for that too!), Ms. Splosion Man, & Guardian Heroes.

[quote name='Zonic505']Same here. Aside from the Castlevania stages (which I need to play) and Bangai-O HD, I haven't bought anything this month. I also can't think of many games coming out that I want, aside from Radiant Silvergun (avatar awards confirmed!), Half-Minute Hero -Super Mega Neo Climax- (awards for that too!), Ms. Splosion Man, & Guardian Heroes.[/QUOTE]

Wait Half Minute Hero is coming to XBLA!? Where'd you hear that?

[quote name='ShinSolidus']Why do people hate Operation Anchorage so much? I actually really enjoyed it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I know what you mean. Broken Steel and Operation Anchorage are my favorite DLCs and Op Anchorage is one of my favorite parts of the Fallout Universe.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Microsoft must really want me to save my points, these have been very weak sales this month.[/QUOTE]

Quoted for great justice. Not that I need anything else, but damn... my points have been given a near-total break.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Because it's boring as shit? The ONLY saving grace for it was the Chinese Stealth armor. Had it not been for that single piece alone, I would rank it as the worst DLC. That title goes to Mothership Zeta however...[/QUOTE]
This.

So disappointed with these crap sales. I finally broke down and bought Outland at full price, first XBLA game I've paid full price for since Braid. Maybe that's the plan, make the DotW so worthless that nobody cares anymore. BTW- Outland was so worth it, amazing game all around!

[quote name='Zonic505']Same here. There's no release date yet, but it seems that the avatar awards have been confirmed.

Hoping there'll be a new Coming to Xbox Marketplace blog post soon.[/QUOTE]
That vest has me even more excited, shallow as that may be. Most torso-type avatar awards are just t-shirts, which aren't that exciting to me.

Mostly I just hope the game comes out soon. Between that and Trenched, my XBLA dance card is actually getting pretty full.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']The only DLC they put on sale is what's included with the existing GOTY and the new 5th Anniversary? But they leave the DLC that's not included, like Thieves' Den and Orrery and what not, out of the sale? Where does that even begin to make sense? I've missed previous sales on it, just want it to drop in price again.[/QUOTE]

True dat. When I heard that Bethesda stuff would be on sale, I thought "Awesome! Now I get to pick all the DLC for Oblivion since I missed it when it was on sale like 2 years ago." But instead they throw out the expansions that are already on GOTY... oh, and HORSE ARMOR.... Seriously guys, W. T. F.?????

They better as hell have a special sale when the 5th Anniversary version comes out. :bomb:

Sales have been horrible recently. I've held off on Shivering Isles but I might grab it...don't want to spend that many points on it though. Still, I wish they would release better sales. They were on fire until this past month.

[quote name='gotdott']If you haven't played Diablo 2, get that over this. Diablo 2's story is great from start to finish and carries itself well over its various acts. Torchlight gives off the same vibe but is nothing more than a cheap knockoff with a 2 hour story. Definitely wait for a sale on Torchlight, but I'd recommend getting it on steam for < $5 unless you're interested in achievements. The D2 bundle has been on sale for < $15 several times and it's well worth that.[/QUOTE]

I love Diablo2 and it's expansion but TL is so much more accessible. Simple things like the ability to send your pet to town to sell your loot make it a better paced game and make the level grind less of a chore. It could've used more monster variety though.

Oblivion and Fallout 3 DLC?? No standalone games? Seriously??
This is the worst week yet. I already have GOTY versions of both games so no sell!!!

no one has mentioned this but ::drumroll:: There are 2 Kinect games for games on demand now. sonic riders & your shape fitness evolved lol..still msrp I think. There were some other free gamerpics/themes on the game marketplace too but nothing exciting really.

[quote name='eliguanodon']Sales have been horrible recently. I've held off on Shivering Isles but I might grab it...don't want to spend that many points on it though. Still, I wish they would release better sales. They were on fire until this past month.[/QUOTE]

Don't do it. Why pay 1200 msp ($15!!!) when you can get a used copy of GOTY edition that includes BOTH Shivering Isles AND Knights of the Nine for $20 at Amazon? (Not to mention the fact that the price of GOTY edition is probably going to drop after the 5th Anniversary Edition comes out...)

I would've grabbed Mothership Zeta DLC as it's the only Fallout 3 DLC I don't have yet, but I was hoping for something lower than 50%, like when the Mass Effect 2 dlc has gone on sale it was lower than that. So I think I'll wait.

[quote name='vamn']Don't do it. Why pay 1200 msp ($15!!!) when you can get a used copy of GOTY edition that includes BOTH Shivering Isles AND Knights of the Nine for $20 at Amazon? (Not to mention the fact that the price of GOTY edition is probably going to drop after the 5th Anniversary Edition comes out...)[/QUOTE]

Thanks, talked me out of it. I'll wait a little bit longer.

[quote name='Zonic505']Same here. There's no release date yet, but it seems that the avatar awards have been confirmed.

Hoping there'll be a new Coming to Xbox Marketplace blog post soon.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i can't wait for Half Minute Hero....I loved that game on PSP. I almost wanna buy a PSP again just to play it. Save me Microsoft and port it ASAP!

If any of the people looking for Family Game Night 1 on disc are in the NYC area; the Penn Station Kmart location has two. They were labeled 39.99, but I don't know if that is what they are ringing up for. I saw them today.

They don't have XBLA sales nearly often enough to buy every good thing on the system on sale. At least not in my experience.

Half Minute Hero was boring as hell on PSP, but if it comes out cheap on XBLA, I might give it a shot again.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I would've grabbed Mothership Zeta DLC as it's the only Fallout 3 DLC I don't have yet, but I was hoping for something lower than 50%, like when the Mass Effect 2 dlc has gone on sale it was lower than that. So I think I'll wait.[/QUOTE]

Terrible idea. I have the game of the year edition, and this dlc might be the worst dlc I have not just from this game but from any game. Just hours that feel like days shooting basically the same enemies while completely trapped on a ship. Awful. It made Operation Anchorage look pretty good (2nd worst of Fallout 3 dlc). I was so angry when I found out I had passed a missable achievement after over-writing all the saves on the ship This dlc made me want the oblivion difficulty scaling back just so I could set the difficulty level to 1 and just run through the place. Ranking Fallout 3 dlc I would say: 1. The Pitt (I liked the plot) 2. Broken Steel (very cool plus higher level cap) 3. Point Lookout (mini version of Fallout 3) The other two I already mentioned.

Anyway, I kind of want shivering isles, but I remember that after getting completely addicted to Oblivion I started hating the game on my second playthrough trying to get a powerful character because of the dumb leveling system. Tough call. Speaking of ME2, I'm waiting for Arrival to go on sale after buying the other 3 dlc's.

Crap for deals this week. I bet they're just throwing out junk to get good stuff in for their upcomming summer deals.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Eh? When the heck did they announce Half Minute Hero for XBL O_O. I loved that game on the PSP.[/QUOTE]

THIS! I read the earlier posts and am still in shock that it's coming. So excited!

[quote name='Althax']Crap for deals this week. I bet they're just throwing out junk to get good stuff in for their upcomming summer deals.[/QUOTE]
Please be kidding please be kidding please be kidding

There hasn't been much for news for Half-Minute Hero Super Mega Neo Climax. It was 1st revealed via Australia & Korea's rating boards in late Feb/early March. It's also rated by the ESRB, but that's really it. There hasn't been any trailers or screenshots & such.

[quote name='Althax']Crap for deals this week. I bet they're just throwing out junk to get good stuff in for their upcomming summer deals.[/QUOTE]

I probably shouldn't complain since I have such a huge backlog of xbla and dlc titles from these various sales but it's almost become an addiction. I never buy anything unless it's on sale anymore so even though my backlog is huge it's addicting to lookout for the stuff I know I'll want.

Have a couple games on Backlog (Braid, SotN, and Gunstar Heros) , but I still would like new ones because I generally get MSP very cheap so it's an even better deal. Was hoping for atleast a mediocre sale this week, but no dice :(

[quote name='Zonic505']Quick little update on Radiant Silvergun.

- It'll include both the original arcade version and the Saturn version, which included the anime cutscenes & such.

- Famitsu says it'll cost 1,200 points/$15, which I assume will be the US cost as well. As for a release date, still "2011".

- I mentioned this earlier (though I didn't link it), but it has avatar awards.[/QUOTE]

This makes me happy! The chance to play Radiant Silvergun at a steal of a price ($15) is fantastic. This ^^^ along with the Guardian Heroes and Half Minute Hero is making me one happy gamer. I want them now Microsoft!!!! :bouncy:

[quote name='Ninersfan4926']Terrible idea. I have the game of the year edition, and this dlc might be the worst dlc I have not just from this game but from any game. Just hours that feel like days shooting basically the same enemies while completely trapped on a ship. Awful. It made Operation Anchorage look pretty good (2nd worst of Fallout 3 dlc). I was so angry when I found out I had passed a missable achievement after over-writing all the saves on the ship This dlc made me want the oblivion difficulty scaling back just so I could set the difficulty level to 1 and just run through the place. Ranking Fallout 3 dlc I would say: 1. The Pitt (I liked the plot) 2. Broken Steel (very cool plus higher level cap) 3. Point Lookout (mini version of Fallout 3) The other two I already mentioned.

Anyway, I kind of want shivering isles, but I remember that after getting completely addicted to Oblivion I started hating the game on my second playthrough trying to get a powerful character because of the dumb leveling system. Tough call. Speaking of ME2, I'm waiting for Arrival to go on sale after buying the other 3 dlc's.[/QUOTE]

terrible idea to not buy the dlc on sale and wait for a further sale? so you're saying i should just buy it now?

Half-Minute Hero sounds great, I enjoyed the PSP version but never played all of it. (Wish it was still called "Hero for 30 Seconds" though, I just liked the ring of that title.)

Is Radiant Silvergun really hard? Any word on infinite continues or easy modes for us noobs who like to play shoot-em-ups yet suck at them?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Is Radiant Silvergun really hard? Any word on infinite continues or easy modes for us noobs who like to play shoot-em-ups yet suck at them?[/QUOTE]

It's been a long time since I've played RS, but IIRC the Saturn mode is sort of like an RPG where you level up your ship and become more powerful the more you play the game. That mode starts off impossible but will become much easier as you level up over time.

[quote name='Thrinn']It's been a long time since I've played RS, but IIRC the Saturn mode is sort of like an RPG where you level up your ship and become more powerful the more you play the game. That mode starts off impossible but will become much easier as you level up over time.[/QUOTE]

I sunk so much time into leveling my ship that I was able to no-miss clear it after a while.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I probably shouldn't complain since I have such a huge backlog of xbla and dlc titles from these various sales but it's almost become an addiction. I never buy anything unless it's on sale anymore so even though my backlog is huge it's addicting to lookout for the stuff I know I'll want.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. I haven't even loaded up case west and I still have to finish raskulls, geomancer, shadow complex, and a few others I'm not finished with.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I probably shouldn't complain since I have such a huge backlog of xbla and dlc titles from these various sales but it's almost become an addiction. I never buy anything unless it's on sale anymore so even though my backlog is huge it's addicting to lookout for the stuff I know I'll want.[/QUOTE]

Your words = my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back