XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jhuntley']On another note, has anyone heard anything about Dust Elysian Tail release date? The website hasn't had an update in a while.[/QUOTE]

The developer posted at NeoGAF that it definitely wouldn't be out this summer, and couldn't commit to it being out this year.

[quote name='lolwut?']Is the horse armor worth picking up for Oblivion? I'm still really early in the game, so I would be able to use it a lot on my first playthrough.[/QUOTE]

It doubles the health of your horse... and makes it pretty. That's about it.

I don't know how much you'll use it since I've heard the horse controls really suck and you don't want to be on one unless absolutely necessary.

[quote name='vamn']It doubles the health of your horse... and makes it pretty. That's about it.

I don't know how much you'll use it since I've heard the horse controls really suck and you don't want to be on one unless absolutely necessary.[/QUOTE]

Think that'll be fixed in Skyrim?

Christ, watch Skyrim come up with something useless at the first piece of DLC. Like, ass armor or something.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Think that'll be fixed in Skyrim?

Christ, watch Skyrim come up with something useless at the first piece of DLC. Like, ass armor or something.[/QUOTE]

Nah, they got ripped a new one by almost the whole gaming community after the horse armor debacle. Since then, all their DLC has been evenly matched between price and content. Virtually everything they added from that point on was cheaper than 200 msp and added several new items and areas.
I'd call that permanently learning their lesson. :D

And from what I've read, they're considering not putting rideable horses in Skyrim.

EDIT: Here' some Q&A on Skyrim from PC Gamer. It seems to answer some questions about them fixing some of Oblivion's annoyances. http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/04/27/elder-scrolls-skyrim-your-questions-answered/

[quote name='vamn']Nah, they got ripped a new one by almost the whole gaming community after the horse armor debacle. Since then, all their DLC has been evenly matched between price and content. Virtually everything they added from that point on was cheaper than 200 msp and added several new items and areas.
I'd call that permanently learning their lesson. :D

And from what I've read, they're considering not putting rideable horses in Skyrim.[/QUOTE]

The fact that Shivering Isles (when it's not on sale) by itself equals the cost of the GotY/5th Year Anniversary Ed. (2400 MSP = $30), means they haven't learned their lesson at all. GotY/5th Anniv. Ed also lacks some of the DLC, which it shouldn't. >: (

Lol, aww, no horsies?

IIRC this is the first time the horse armor has been on a discounted sale. I remember a joke sale for like $10 a while ago but I don't recall it being less than 200 points before. Since I'm picking up the 5th year anniversary edition to get myself to actually go back and finish the game I might as well snag this for giggles too.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']The fact that Shivering Isles (when it's not on sale) by itself equals the cost of the GotY/5th Year Anniversary Ed. (2400 MSP = $30), means they haven't learned their lesson at all. GotY/5th Anniv. Ed also lacks some of the DLC, which it shouldn't. >: (

Lol, aww, no horsies?[/QUOTE]

I was referring to the other smaller DLC packs. They did end up pricing Shivering Isles equal to that of the retail version of the expansion pack.
But, I'm just going to chalk that up to the whole industry's standard fail of charging the same for retail and on-demand versions of games. :roll:

Oblivion GOTY was a straight-up lazy fail, though. (And 5th Anniversary even more so.) They should have added all the DLC to the disc containing the other expansion. Or at least added a token/code to download them all.

[quote name='vamn']I was referring to the other smaller DLC packs. They did end up pricing Shivering Isles equal to that of the retail version of the expansion pack.
But, I'm just going to chalk that up to the whole industry's standard fail of charging the same for retail and on-demand versions of games. :roll:

Oblivion GOTY was a straight-up lazy fail, though. (And 5th Anniversary even more so.) They should have added all the DLC to the disc containing the other expansion. Or at least added a token/code to download them all.[/QUOTE]

Damn straight, I second all of that (though I much prefer disk DLC over token-blahblahblah). ^

Also, @ Chrono Gear

During April Fools one year they had all the Oblivion DLC half-off except the horse armor which was double the price, for shits and giggles of course. So I believe that this may be the first time there's been a legitimate sale on it. Also, Bethesda's defense is that lots of people have bought it.. it's on the top 10 list of bought DLC for the game, apparently.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']During April Fools one year they had all the Oblivion DLC half-off except the horse armor which was double the price, for shits and giggles of course. So I believe that this may be the first time there's been a legitimate sale on it. Also, Bethesda's defense is that lots of people have bought it.. it's on the top 10 list of bought DLC for the game, apparently.[/QUOTE]

That sounds right. I'm not surprised a lot of people bought it. If it truly sold poorly they would have permanently lowered the price. Still. What's a buck for a laugh?

I thought all the DLC was coming with the new GoTY (aside from the horse armor)? Going to check the AZ listing and see what's there and what's not. The only DLC I haven't bought are the two that are on sale this week. I'd rather get them on disc unless that is not an option.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']That sounds right. I'm not surprised a lot of people bought it. If it truly sold poorly they would have permanently lowered the price. Still. What's a buck for a laugh?

I thought all the DLC was coming with the new GoTY (aside from the horse armor)? Going to check the AZ listing and see what's there and what's not. The only DLC I haven't bought are the two that are on sale this week. I'd rather get them on disc unless that is not an option.[/QUOTE]

The "new" GotY is only coming with DLC the original GotY has, which is the only DLC for Oblivion on sale this week. I hope that last sentence made some sense. : D As in, wait for the 5th Year Anniv, you can check out the thread on it, if you'd like.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Also, Bethesda's defense is that lots of people have bought it.. it's on the top 10 list of bought DLC for the game, apparently.[/QUOTE]

That's definitely them painting the truth a color more to their liking... Considering that's there's only 10 DLC available for the game. lol.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']The "new" GotY is only coming with DLC the original GotY has, which is the only DLC for Oblivion on sale this week. I hope that last sentence made some sense. : D As in, wait for the 5th Year Anniv, you can check out the thread on it, if you'd like.[/QUOTE]

Clear enough for me. Sounds like it's worth it for me then since I want the steelbook case and the coupon. I'm going to snag the PS3 version as well (maybe 2) if it's truly a limited print & is the only version that has trophies. It'll be worth it's weight in gold if that's the case.

[quote name='vamn']And from what I've read, they're considering not putting rideable horses in Skyrim.[/QUOTE]

While horses were convenient...It'll probably be a welcome goodbye in substitution for some more developed gameplay. Hopefully.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Clear enough for me. Sounds like it's worth it for me then since I want the steelbook case and the coupon. I'm going to snag the PS3 version as well (maybe 2) if it's truly a limited print & is the only version that has trophies. It'll be worth it's weight in gold if that's the case.[/QUOTE]

It's been confirmed that it's not REALLY limited, but the steelbook case is sick, and the coupon'll only work if you buy the guide too, but that's cool. We're unsure about the Trophies part, it says Trophies on the back of the PS3 game but that apparently doesn't mean shit since it says Trophies on the back of MGS4.

In honor of this weeks dotw, I went to gamestop, bought the shivering isles dlc disc, brought it home and installed it on my hard drive for my vanilla copy of oblivion and then promptly returned it.

This might be a jerk move but for a game that's 6 years old for the dlc to be on sale for $15 is pretty ridiculous. Heck, I'm pretty sure I bought my BioShock 1 / oblivion combo pack for that much.

Heres hoping to more arcade games on sale in the coming weeks. Or maybe they could discount some different dlc and not fallout for the 25th time.

[quote name='WTPolaris']In honor of this weeks dotw, I went to gamestop, bought the shivering isles dlc disc, brought it home and installed it on my hard drive for my vanilla copy of oblivion and then promptly returned it.

This might be a jerk move but for a game that's 6 years old for the dlc to be on sale for $15 is pretty ridiculous. Heck, I'm pretty sure I bought my BioShock 1 / oblivion combo pack for that much.

Heres hoping to more arcade games on sale in the coming weeks. Or maybe they could discount some different dlc and not fallout for the 25th time.[/QUOTE]

Lol, im pretty sure most people did that. I did the same for Dragon Age Ultimate Edition, would have done it for Borderlands if it didnt use a voucher

I'm hoping next week brings a nice DOTW, the last few weeks haven't catered to my tastes at all. I gots MS points burnin a hole in my virtual pocket!

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I'm hoping next week brings a nice DOTW, the last few weeks haven't catered to my tastes at all. I gots MS points burnin a hole in my virtual pocket![/QUOTE]

This. I'm buying a couple more point cards off eBay today so I can go nuts when they have another good sale. I've been totally hooked on arcade games lately and would love to get some more.

I was hoping that Dead Money would be 400 points. I just assumed it would be since it was a couple months ago when i didnt have points. Now i feel dumb for getting points for something that didnt drop in price. I mean who doesnt already have all the FO3 DLC through sales or GOTY?

Im waiting for Marvel Pinball and Torchlight. I was hoping Marvel would pop up since Fan Four table is out. Might grab the FF table as well if it did.

Well, they've kind of been doing that w/ the monthly price drops, though they seriously need to include older games rather that stuff that came out this year (not including Games on Demand stuff, I know that stuff's old).

[quote name='WTPolaris']In honor of this weeks dotw, I went to gamestop, bought the shivering isles dlc disc, brought it home and installed it on my hard drive for my vanilla copy of oblivion and then promptly returned it.

This might be a jerk move...[/QUOTE]
Indeed it is.

What's the likelihood of L4D2 DLC going on sale anytime soon? I know there was a sale for it not too long ago, but I missed it.

[quote name='Tsel']What's the likelihood of L4D2 DLC going on sale anytime soon? I know there was a sale for it not too long ago, but I missed it.[/QUOTE]

I'd say it's a 50/50 chance. Either it'll happen or it won't.

In all seriousness it's really impossible to know if/when content will ever go on sale so the L4D2 DLC may go on sale again this week or it may never go on sale again. Maybe Halloween time it'll go on sale again? Being that it's a fairly popular game It's likely it will go on sale again, but I'd be surprised if it goes on sale again anytime too soon.

Speaking of, any word on this week's DotW? I'm guessing it'll be another here's your sale as it goes live again this week. Here's hoping for some more arcade games getting a good discount.

I definitely agree that older stuff just needs price drops and we've seen that in limited fashion, but to keep things in perspective at least there are sales now. Remember when they were rare? And it's better than PSN's offerings for the most part. And don't get me started on the Wii's downloadable games. Overpriced and never a sale. I've got a bunch of points for the wii that I got cheap rotting cause I'm too cheap to buy at overinflated prices and waiting on a sale.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I'd say it's a 50/50 chance. Either it'll happen or it won't.

In all seriousness it's really impossible to know if/when content will ever go on sale so the L4D2 DLC may go on sale again this week or it may never go on sale again. Maybe Halloween time it'll go on sale again? Being that it's a fairly popular game It's likely it will go on sale again, but I'd be surprised if it goes on sale again anytime too soon.

Speaking of, any word on this week's DotW? I'm guessing it'll be another here's your sale as it goes live again this week. Here's hoping for some more arcade games getting a good discount.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I'm guessing this week will be another bust and then hopefully we'll get something good the week of E3, doesn't it start the 6th or something?

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Ya, I'm guessing this week will be another bust and then hopefully we'll get something good the week of E3, doesn't it start the 6th or something?[/QUOTE]

6th-8th of June this year yeah. A big E3 sale would be sweet. I've got a bunch of points coming from the buy sale the other day (still thinking of buying more) so I'll be plenty ready if they decide to do massive sales again soon. Or even if XBL Rewards brings back the 5% rebate I'll probably go ahead and bite on a ton of super old content I think will never go on sale. Still kicking myself for not buying Tempest. My favorite arcade game of all time and I hesitated because $5 is really overpriced for it.

[quote name='Tsel']What's the likelihood of L4D2 DLC going on sale anytime soon? I know there was a sale for it not too long ago, but I missed it.[/QUOTE]

I picked up all that DLC at full price (except Sacrifice for L4D1, why should I have to buy the same DLC twice?), and still don't regret it. There's a chance that there'll be a sale when Cold Stream (the L4D2 DLC to end all L4D2 DLC, FIVE campaigns, there's a chance they might put it out at a reasonable price, Portal 2 DLC is coming out for free) comes out sometime this summer/early Fall.

Edit: Totally obvious I'm a big fan, I guess. I second the bottom poster.

Crash Course and The Passing have both been on sale, but The Sacrifice has yet to be. I'm hoping it will get it's due sometime in the near future so I can justify a double dip for L4D1. I think the last time L4D content was on sale was part of a zombie themed Deal of the Week. Seeing as how there is lots of zombie related games/content on the marketplace, this could very well happen again. I will say that if you play L4D regularly, the DLC is well well worth the asking price though.

If you need to drop points on something, head over to the Indie games section. Lemme step you through the chaff.

Vorpal, 80 pts. A stylish shump, boss rush, with a normal difficulty that normal people can beat and a hard mode that's a lot tougher. Just for the difficulty scale alone, it's worth it, but it's solidly put together as well.

Sequence, $3. Rhythm game RPG hybrid. Manage three DDR windows at once during fights. A bit grindy, but the voiced dialogue is professional and cute as hell. Give it a shot.

Soulcaster 1 and 2, $3 each. Play a wizard, summon dudes on a field to fight back the hordes. A take on the tower defense style that even an avid loather of TD can like.

Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess, $1 (probably), you double jump up a tower, landing on each platform once and only once in a great big combo. More fun than it sounds.

[quote name='RollingSkull']If you need to drop points on something, head over to the Indie games section. Lemme step you through the chaff.

Vorpal, 80 pts. A stylish shump, boss rush, with a normal difficulty that normal people can beat and a hard mode that's a lot tougher. Just for the difficulty scale alone, it's worth it, but it's solidly put together as well.
[/QUOTE]

Nice to see someone else who likes Vorpal. It's one of my favorite shooters on the service. Can't go wrong spending a dollar here.

So, I was wondering if anyone can remember arcade dlc that goes on sale. I have a ton of arcade games I want to get dlc for, but I'm cheap. I cannot recall really any dlc other than retail games on sale. Thanks for any feedback, I'm thinking I should just buy instead of wait

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']So, I was wondering if anyone can remember arcade dlc that goes on sale. I have a ton of arcade games I want to get dlc for, but I'm cheap. I cannot recall really any dlc other than retail games on sale. Thanks for any feedback, I'm thinking I should just buy instead of wait[/QUOTE]

IIRC the Trials HD DLC went on sale not too long ago.

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']So, I was wondering if anyone can remember arcade dlc that goes on sale. I have a ton of arcade games I want to get dlc for, but I'm cheap. I cannot recall really any dlc other than retail games on sale. Thanks for any feedback, I'm thinking I should just buy instead of wait[/QUOTE]

The Worms DLC was on sale not too long ago. Also the DLC packs for Castlevania HOD.
You can wait if you want, but my guess is you'll be waiting for a long time. I have waited for sales for some dlc I want too, but that's mainly because of the huge backlog of games I have. I bought the costume quest dlc last week because I finished the main game. That will probably be how I buy arcade dlc from now on: if I finish a game I'll buy the dlc for it.

Even if I cared about Rock Band I'd be disappointed. 33%? Stingy.

But yeah I honestly can't remember when the last good DotW was. Hopefully Wednesday's Xbox Rewards shuffle will give us a cashback deal again.

(It won't.)

[quote name='biledriver']Wow...that's...that's terrible.[/QUOTE]

Another week to stockpile points. One of these days I may even spend them. Damit MS, sell me something!!
new_bomb.gif

[quote name='drStaton']I want to give microsoft my money but they are making it hard.[/QUOTE]

It's funny how their greed works against them in this regard.

RB DLC? fuck, that's even worse than this week's sale and I own 0 RB DLC.. though I own 0 RB games too.

Like Ooga, my backlog gives me the patience to wait 'till XBLA titles I'm wanting to go on sale. And of course when they do, I'm not paying attention to XBLM that week/don't have the money/points.

OK updated the OP with all the info AceyBongos "leaked" including some @ replies to CAGs on twitter. I didn't put the prices since a flat 33% discount across all those doesn't divide nicely. Rater than create confusion I'll wait till MS let's us know.

[quote name='drStaton']I want to give microsoft my money but they are making it hard.[/QUOTE]

Thing is, don't the DOTW's usually suck? I mean the big deals we were getting were all extra sales available to everyone. So that's really what we want. The last few weeks have pretty much par for the course for DOTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back