XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gothic Walrus']They SHOULD be free because they already require separate subscriptions. Netflix is free on my Wii and on my friends' PS3s - there is no good reason why it shouldn't be free on the 360 too.[/QUOTE]

I think for the sake of this argument people just need to clarify that what they mean is Netflix should be usable via silver accounts. Because no, Netflix is not free on PS3 or Wii. Those systems just don't require an extra subscription beyond the pre-existing Netflix one.

I am only saying this because I could easily see somebody getting really confused and think that they can start streaming Netflix off of the PS3 without a paying a dime to anyone (as in no Netflix subscription).

And I do agree with what everyone is saying about how Netflix shouldn't require Xbox Live Gold. But there is absolutely not reason for Microsoft to change anything unless that can directly see loses because of it. Of course I will give Microsoft this though... Their Netflix interface is beautiful compared to the crap that is the PS3 netflix interface. Worth extra money? Not really, but still it is quite a difference. On one hand I just watch movies, but on the other I vomit a little in my mouth and hope that whoever designed the PS3 netflix interface was fired.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']They SHOULD be free because they already require separate subscriptions. Netflix is free on my Wii and on my friends' PS3s - there is no good reason why it shouldn't be free on the 360 too.[/QUOTE]

I think for the sake of this argument people just need to clarify that what they mean is Netflix should be usable via silver accounts. Because no, Netflix is not free on PS3 or Wii. Those systems just don't require an extra subscription beyond the pre-existing Netflix one.

I am only saying this because I could easily see somebody getting really confused and think that they can start streaming Netflix off of the PS3 without a paying a dime to anyone (as in no Netflix subscription).

And I do agree with what everyone is saying about how Netflix shouldn't require Xbox Live Gold. But there is absolutely not reason for Microsoft to change anything unless that can directly see loses because of it. Of course I will give Microsoft this though... Their Netflix interface is beautiful compared to the crap that is the PS3 netflix interface. Worth extra money? Not really, but still it is quite a difference. On one hand I just watch movies, but on the other I vomit a little in my mouth and hope that whoever designed the PS3 netflix interface was fired.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus'] That said...map packs still make me mad. Sure, you CAN play Halo Reach without both of the $10 map packs...but you're gonna have a much, much harder time finding matches to play in.[/QUOTE]

Not really. That would be like saying it would be a much, much harder time to find matches to play in Call of Duty. Both use the same style of matchmaking with their new and old maps, yet it is extremely easy to find a game. Of course though, then again I don't really play Halo: Reach much anymore so maybe it has become hard.

What saddens me more is that map packs, especially CoD ones, are considered 1/4 or 1/6 of the entire content value of the original game. Original game was released at $60 and the map pack is either $10 or $15. I am banking on that map pack not really matching 1/6 or 1/4th the value of the original game.

Think about Halo. Say it comes with 12 maps. Going by map pack pricing and value then just the multiplayer maps of the original game would have been essentially 4/6 of the value of the game. Because 3 maps per pack makes 4 packs and those are $10 each.

I never thought map packs were that worth it, although honestly if you love the game and it is all you play then why not, but once I really started thinking about it the price for the maps or dlc are just so outrageous when compared to the original retail disc based game.

[quote name='Kaltic']I think for the sake of this argument people just need to clarify that what they mean is Netflix should be usable via silver accounts. Because no, Netflix is not free on PS3 or Wii. Those systems just don't require an extra subscription beyond the pre-existing Netflix one.

And I do agree with what everyone is saying about how Netflix shouldn't require Xbox Live Gold. But there is absolutely not reason for Microsoft to change anything unless that can directly see loses because of it. Of course I will give Microsoft this though... Their Netflix interface is beautiful compared to the crap that is the PS3 netflix interface. Worth extra money? Not really, but still it is quite a difference. On one hand I just watch movies, but on the other I vomit a little in my mouth and hope that whoever designed the PS3 netflix interface was fired.[/QUOTE]

WOW... agree that netflix, hulu, anything that has no effort put forth from microsoft should be free. Totally disagree with the netflix apps. I think the PS3 app is much, much more slick.

[quote name='Kaltic']I think for the sake of this argument people just need to clarify that what they mean is Netflix should be usable via silver accounts. Because no, Netflix is not free on PS3 or Wii. Those systems just don't require an extra subscription beyond the pre-existing Netflix one.

Not really. That would be like saying it would be a much, much harder time to find matches to play in Call of Duty. Both use the same style of matchmaking with their new and old maps, yet it is extremely easy to find a game. Of course though, then again I don't really play Halo: Reach much anymore so maybe it has become hard.

What saddens me more is that map packs, especially CoD ones, are considered 1/4 or 1/6 of the entire content value of the original game. Original game was released at $60 and the map pack is either $10 or $15. I am banking on that map pack not really matching 1/6 or 1/4th the value of the original game.

Think about Halo. Say it comes with 12 maps. Going by map pack pricing and value then just the multiplayer maps of the original game would have been essentially 4/6 of the value of the game. Because 3 maps per pack makes 4 packs and those are $10 each.

I never thought map packs were that worth it, although honestly if you love the game and it is all you play then why not, but once I really started thinking about it the price for the maps or dlc are just so outrageous when compared to the original retail disc based game.[/QUOTE]

The selling point for the map packs is mainly the zombies portion. CoD zombies isn't even that fun (imo) but many people eat it up even at 15$.

[quote name='Kaltic']I never thought map packs were that worth it, although honestly if you love the game and it is all you play then why not, but once I really started thinking about it the price for the maps or dlc are just so outrageous when compared to the original retail disc based game.[/QUOTE]
You could just as easily look at it the other way around-- if the amount of content in the $10 map pack is equivalent to 5-10% of the retail game, than the game "should have" cost between $100 and $200. I guess $60 was a sweet bargain! :p

At the end of the day, all of this stuff is only "worth" the amount of pleasure it brings us. $10 is the price of lunch (maybe two lunches depending on where and how much you eat). If lunch is a pleasant experience that lasts an hour, and I can enjoy a handful of new Halo maps for more than a hour, I guess it's worth at least as much as lunch.

It's just all relative. There are CAGs who absolutely won't pay more than $15 for any game, and that works for them. I paid full price for Borderlands and all four DLC packs, but I feel like I got the entertainment deal of the century when I compare that $100 against the number of hours I put into the game.

People seem to forget that Xbox live is ran by Microsoft and they are a business and a monopoly organization at that. So let's get back on topic.

Since Trenched is coming out, I checked the developers website. Is Costume Quest or Stacking any good, I have neither of those games right now? I've heard Stacking is interesting and Costume Quest gets repetitive.

[quote name='PenguinJim']Its last good week for me was Christmas 2009.
[/QUOTE]

Don't get mad at Microsoft for you having terrible taste. Nobody can cure you of that.

Actually, I've picked up all the grood stuff in the open sales, not Deal of the Weak. Fallout 3 DLC, Mass Effect 2 DLC, and spending 2400 points and getting 800 back. I already had titles like Shadow Complex before Chrimbo 2009.

What have I missed exactly? C'mon, Captain Taste, what AMAZING games only for gamers with AMAZING taste have been exclusive to DotW?

Edit: my sincerest apologies, it looks like I picked up Xplosion Man from DotW in January 2010. So just a 16-month drought for me.

[quote name='PenguinJim']Actually, I've picked up all the grood stuff in the open sales, not Deal of the Weak. Fallout 3 DLC, Mass Effect 2 DLC, and spending 2400 points and getting 800 back. I already had titles like Shadow Complex before Chrimbo 2009.

What have I missed exactly? C'mon, Captain Taste, what AMAZING games only for gamers with AMAZING taste have been exclusive to DotW?

Edit: my sincerest apologies, it looks like I picked up Xplosion Man from DotW in January 2010. So just a 16-month drought for me.[/QUOTE]

What response to this are you looking for?

[quote name='Jabrim']Is Costume Quest or Stacking any good, I have neither of those games right now? I've heard Stacking is interesting and Costume Quest gets repetitive.[/QUOTE]
Costume Quest was awesome, if you have any love for turn-based RPGs I would not hesitate to pick it up. The atmosphere and humor are great and the gameplay is solid. It will only occupy you for a couple of nights, but while it lasts it's as fun as any other RPG on the system.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']What response to this are you looking for?[/QUOTE]
I have no idea. I don't know why he was attacking someone's taste in the first place, let alone attacking someone's taste without having a clue what they like. CAG's community is usually so much better than this, it's a shame he wants to attack people on here.

What response was eastx expecting might be a better question. "Oh, yeah, I have shit taste, Deal of the Week rocks!" or something?

[quote name='PenguinJim']I have no idea. I don't know why he was attacking someone's taste in the first place, let alone attacking someone's taste without having a clue what they like. CAG's community is usually so much better than this, it's a shame he wants to attack people on here.

What response was eastx expecting might be a better question. "Oh, yeah, I have shit taste, Deal of the Week rocks!" or something?[/QUOTE]

It's just you called a lot of XBLA deals bad for the past 5 months which seems a bit off.

Some recent great deals I've seen and bought were Age of Booty, Dead Rising 2 Case Zero and West, Gunstar Heroes, Streets of Rage 2, Limbo, Trials HD, Duke Nukem 3D, Megaman 10, Final Fight Double Impact, Doom 2, and I think you get it. Now if you bought those all at full price great. Waiting for a sale isn't that hard and the fact you save half pretty much every single time is great.

To change topics did anyone else notice Red Faction Armageddon DLC on the new arrivals? A week before release even. It also looks like the Ruin Mode they showed off at PAX. I hope this is some sort of mistake or I'm very sad for Volition. Took a screencap as well of it.
jm8Bd.jpg

I'm always psyched when they put Rock Band DLC on sale regardless of whether I'm interested, just because it doesn't happen that often. I almost never buy entire albums, so maybe I'll pick a song or three out of them.
I want to wait until tracks have keys support just so I won't get screwed later, but I don't how much of the library will be converted and re-released.

The deals I'm waiting for are mostly DLC for older games and a couple newer releases, so I expect to wait a while. Then again, much like Steam sales I might be surprised. I just need to make sure I don't have MSP set to expire anytime soon because I can't remember how much of it is from promos.

[quote name='EarthKing']During the past few weeks there were good sales but I couldn't get to my X360 so I missed out :p.[/QUOTE]
Couldn't get to a computer with internet either? :p

To the netflix debate... I don't think Netflix should be free, but it should NOT require LIVE.

To the DotW, you'd think if they're putting that many songs on sale they would at least be of a better variety. Also I don't think any of keys support do they? Do any of them even have pro guitar support?

Never noticed the Feelgood album was on RBN. May grab some tracks off that some of the Priest tracks. Only unsure as I don't play RB much currently so sort of on the fence for that sole reason.

Rockstar Pass for LA Noire is out and $10 for a limited time. It will go up to $12 on June 14. That makes it 17% off and when you compare it to buying everything separately, it's more than half off the price. Some of the content is unavailable now and will be unlocked when it's added to the store.
You get:

• "The Naked City" Vice DLC case - May 31 - $4
  • "A Slip of The Tongue" Traffic DLC case - May 31 - $4
  • Broderick Detective Suit and Gun - May 31 - $1
  • Sharpshooter Detective Suit and Gun - May 31 - $2
  • The Badge Pursuit Challenge & Button Man Suit - May 31 -$2
  • "Nicholson Electroplating Disaster" Arson DLC case - June 21 - $4
  • "Reefer Madness" Vice DLC case - July 12 - $4
And as a heads up, the Chicago Piano Machine Gun is free and available now.

[quote name='louiedog']Rockstar Pass for LA Noire is out and $10 for a limited time. It will go up to $12 on June 14. That makes it 17% off and when you compare it to buying everything separately, it's more than half off the price. Some of the content is unavailable now and will be unlocked when it's added to the store.
You get:

And as a heads up, the Chicago Piano Machine Gun is free and available now.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Only $10 for all that? That's great! I am all over this. That's way less than I thought it would be. I thought each case would be 400 msp each, so for 800 msp for everything, it's a no brainer if you want everything the game has to offer. Thanks for the heads-up!

I am happy that DOTW still going on. It is hit or miss. But I have bought games on sale, that I would not buy at full price. I just wish the RB DLC were tracks for 80 points.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Thanks for the noire breakdown. Insta-buy![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, I got the Rockstar pass, already showing under the download content in the game, just waiting for it to be unlocked. Did not know about the Piano gun though, thanks.

[quote name='Firvagor']
Couldn't get to a computer with internet either? :p[/QUOTE]

You can buy things off of xbox.com? I didn't know that lol I missed out...Good thing the only games that were on sale (that I wanted) was Dead Rising: Case Zero and Dead Rising: Case West during zombie week....:(...I well I will wait for another zombie week.

[quote name='rapsodist']I got so excited about the Rockstar Pass that I almost bought it off Xbox.com before remembering that I own the PS3 version of the game...[/QUOTE]

lol Looks like this PSN outage is starting to get to you

[quote name='rapsodist']I got so excited about the Rockstar Pass that I almost bought it off Xbox.com before remembering that I own the PS3 version of the game...[/QUOTE]

That would have been pretty annoying. Luckily the PSN store should be back up this week so you shouldn't have to wait long. link

[quote name='louiedog']Rockstar Pass for LA Noire is out and $10 for a limited time. It will go up to $12 on June 14. That makes it 17% off and when you compare it to buying everything separately, it's more than half off the price. Some of the content is unavailable now and will be unlocked when it's added to the store.
You get:

And as a heads up, the Chicago Piano Machine Gun is free and available now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the post. I was going to write about this but you save me the trouble:) I wish we knew what type of discount the Pass will give on unannounced DLC because RDR DLC went on sale several times after release. I have not started the game yet and I am just wondering if I am patient will this all go on sale for 50% off or has Rockstar decided this is the better model than what they did for RDR and the DLC will NEVER go on sale. Well I have 2 weeks to decide (although at $12 the pass is still cheaper than all the individual parts). Thoughts?

[quote name='cancerman1120']Thanks for the post. I was going to write about this but you save me the trouble:) I wish we knew what type of discount the Pass will give on unannounced DLC because RDR DLC went on sale several times after release. I have not started the game yet and I am just wondering if I am patient will this all go on sale for 50% off or has Rockstar decided this is the better model than what they did for RDR and the DLC will NEVER go on sale. Well I have 2 weeks to decide (although at $12 the pass is still cheaper than all the individual parts). Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Even if they put all of that DLC on sale for 1/2 off I doubt they'd also discount the pass. So in that sense, you won't really save anything by waiting. Of course if you're like me the cases are the only important DLC and at 1/2 they'd be $8. However, I'm not willing to wait months to play it just to save $2. I've heard the DLC integrates very well into the main game and the cases are inserted automatically as you play. It definitely seems worth picking up the Rockstar Pass right now to me, and I say that as someone who has only purchased one XBLA game and one piece of DLC at full price ever, and both were only 400 points.

Thanks for the heads up on the LA Noire pack. Quick question though. I notice the file size for the pack is smaller than the individual cases. If I buy the pass, I guess I have to download the cases via the game menu then or how would that work?

[quote name='louiedog']Even if they put all of that DLC on sale for 1/2 off I doubt they'd also discount the pass. So in that sense, you won't really save anything by waiting. Of course if you're like me the cases are the only important DLC and at 1/2 they'd be $8. However, I'm not willing to wait months to play it just to save $2. I've heard the DLC integrates very well into the main game and the cases are inserted automatically as you play. It definitely seems worth picking up the Rockstar Pass right now to me, and I say that as someone who has only purchased one XBLA game and one piece of DLC at full price ever, and both were only 400 points.[/QUOTE]

I planned on waiting, but you may have just convinced me to buy now. :whistle2:k

[quote name='JStryke']Thanks for the heads up on the LA Noire pack. Quick question though. I notice the file size for the pack is smaller than the individual cases. If I buy the pass, I guess I have to download the cases via the game menu then or how would that work?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's not a big pack with all of the files, it's an unlock key for the disc which then allows you to download the DLC from a menu within the game.

[quote name='EarthKing']You can buy things off of xbox.com?[/QUOTE]
Yup, there's a web-based marketplace just for that purpose, and content will auto-download next time you turn on your console. That is, unless you choose to download later by removing it from the queue.
It's a bit of a pain for games like Rock Band that have a ton of DLC that makes navigation harder, hence the in-game browsers.

[quote name='louiedog']Even if they put all of that DLC on sale for 1/2 off I doubt they'd also discount the pass. So in that sense, you won't really save anything by waiting. Of course if you're like me the cases are the only important DLC and at 1/2 they'd be $8. However, I'm not willing to wait months to play it just to save $2. I've heard the DLC integrates very well into the main game and the cases are inserted automatically as you play. It definitely seems worth picking up the Rockstar Pass right now to me, and I say that as someone who has only purchased one XBLA game and one piece of DLC at full price ever, and both were only 400 points.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. I think the price of the Rockstar Pass is perfect. Only 800 msp for all that stuff is great. I feel bad for people that paid crazy money on ebay for each DLC code. I bought the pass as soon as I saw your post, louiedog, so thanks :). I am on only my second or third case as a detective, so having the DLC before I finish the game will be nice. As for price, I also agree it's a lot of content for only 800 points and, in my opinion, will be completely worth full price DLC. Well, technically it is on sale since the price will go up in two weeks.

Yeah I think you are right. I am still not sure how the R* pass will impact DLC beyond the announced DLC. This was taken from the press release from R*.

"Starting today you'll be able to purchase the L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass, a new way to pre-order and purchase DLC that gives players access to all of the upcoming downloadable content for L.A. Noire, available for a limited-time discounted price of just $9.99 on PlayStation Network) and 800 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE."

So my question is when they say ALL and UPCOMING are they referring just to the DLC announced? I am getting the pass because you are right that at $10 it is cheap but will DLC beyond this be included? If not they really should not call this a "pass" and really should refer to it as "bundle" or "package".

Edit: Well R* responded on the website and is stating the Pass only applies to the cases listed. Basically the Pass is a discount on the DLC announced. DLC beyond that will most likely be handled separately. I think the "Pass" term is just a Marketing ploy for this DLC release.

"And for those asking for more explanation on the Rockstar Pass - purchasing it gets you all of the above downloadable content at a discounted price of 800 Microsoft Points or $10.00 on PSN as it becomes available on the dates listed in the article. You save 50% off buy getting the Pass vs. buying the content separately. If you choose to not buy the Rockstar Pass and instead buy each DLC separately, you'll end up spending more."

You get:

Grabbed this, thanks.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So my question is when they say ALL and UPCOMING are they referring just to the DLC announced? I am getting the pass because you are right that at $10 it is cheap but will DLC beyond this be included? If not they really should not call this a "pass" and really should refer to it as "bundle" or "package".[/QUOTE]
Maybe they haven't finalized the plans for more DLC yet... But yeah it would be sweet if the Pass works for all future DLC that the game gets.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Yeah I think you are right. I am still not sure how the R* pass will impact DLC beyond the announced DLC. This was taken from the press release from R*.

"Starting today you'll be able to purchase the L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass, a new way to pre-order and purchase DLC that gives players access to all of the upcoming downloadable content for L.A. Noire, available for a limited-time discounted price of just $9.99 on PlayStation Network) and 800 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE."

So my question is when they say ALL and UPCOMING are they referring just to the DLC announced? I am getting the pass because you are right that at $10 it is cheap but will DLC beyond this be included? If not they really should not call this a "pass" and really should refer to it as "bundle" or "package".[/QUOTE]

It's a good question. When the Rockstar Pass originally leaked out a couple of weeks ago I was thinking it would be some kind of subscription thing for DLC. But at half the price of the currently available/announced DLC, that seems too good to be true for anything farther out. I really hope that's the case but I have no idea. Luckily the price is good enough that if it doesn't cover future stuff, it isn't a big deal.

edit for your edit: Okay, that makes sense. I wonder how long it will be until they do more DLC. I imagine this stuff was already done awhile ago, probably with the main game. I'm sure they'll have to do multiple cases at a time to justify bringing in all of the actors. It probably takes a lot more time than just doing VO. I imagine we'll see another pack in a few months.

Am I the only person who thought LA Noire peaked with the homicide cases and was just glad the game was over by the end?

I liked the game but it was just awkwardly paced and all the action was so identical that by the end I would just roll my eyes at another chase scene or shootout.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Maybe they haven't finalized the plans for more DLC yet... But yeah it would be sweet if the Pass works for all future DLC that the game gets.[/QUOTE]

In case you did not read my edit. This is a quote from R* on the website in response to people's question about the pass.

"And for those asking for more explanation on the Rockstar Pass - purchasing it gets you all of the above downloadable content at a discounted price of 800 Microsoft Points or $10.00 on PSN as it becomes available on the dates listed in the article. You save 50% off buy getting the Pass vs. buying the content separately. If you choose to not buy the Rockstar Pass and instead buy each DLC separately, you'll end up spending more."

So 50% off DLC with the pass. Most likely future cases will be $4 to start and maybe 50% on sale? Or maybe they will release an entire desk for like $10...hmm I should just go play the game than worry about this:)

On a side note. R* is kind of making Pre-order bonuses worthless with this deal. I mean sure some people got one of these for free but at $2 it would have cost me more in taxes to buy it from Gamestop or Walmart than from Amazon. Plus it makes the Pass less of a deal to those with the bonuses. I guess only PS3 users got the actual exclusive content (I have it on Xbox just so people don't think I am trolling).

[quote name='biledriver']Am I the only person who thought LA Noire peaked with the homicide cases and was just glad the game was over by the end?

I liked the game but it was just awkwardly paced and all the action was so identical that by the end I would just roll my eyes at another chase scene or shootout.[/QUOTE]

im almost done with the vice cases, and im kinda tired of it. it looks amazing and it is a good game, but suffers from too much sameness. how i felt about alan wake too. gorgeous presentation, but gameplay isnt very varried, so i tend to disengage. i think were in the minority though.

[quote name='bajingo']im almost done with the vice cases, and im kinda tired of it. it looks amazing and it is a good game, but suffers from too much sameness. how i felt about alan wake too. gorgeous presentation, but gameplay isnt very varried, so i tend to disengage. i think were in the minority though.[/QUOTE]

If you feel that way already then definitely don't keep playing. The arson cases (last section) just plain suck.

[quote name='bajingo']im almost done with the vice cases, and im kinda tired of it. it looks amazing and it is a good game, but suffers from too much sameness. how i felt about alan wake too. gorgeous presentation, but gameplay isnt very varried, so i tend to disengage. i think were in the minority though.[/QUOTE]

Nope I feel the same way, LOVED it at first and played non stop for a couple days and into the Vice cases I just got...bored. It's the same thing over and over which is NOT necessarily a bad thing, but I decided to take a break and still haven't gone back to it yet. There's just not enough "extra" stuff to do like in RDR where you could do a number of different things besides the main storyline and side-missions. I'm so torn whether to buy the Rockstar Pass or not because I have the Gamestop DLC so I'm not sure if it's worth it or not.

[quote name='Skram']It's just you called a lot of XBLA deals bad for the past 5 months which seems a bit off.

Some recent great deals I've seen and bought were Age of Booty, Dead Rising 2 Case Zero and West, Gunstar Heroes, Streets of Rage 2, Limbo, Trials HD, Duke Nukem 3D, Megaman 10, Final Fight Double Impact, Doom 2, and I think you get it. Now if you bought those all at full price great. Waiting for a sale isn't that hard and the fact you save half pretty much every single time is great.[/QUOTE]
I really don't think you understand. I got Doom 2 as well. It wasn't a Deal of the Week. Limbo was also available to everyone. Not a Deal of the Week. I'm sure Trials HD was on sale for everyone as well, wasn't it? I've only bought two or three full-price items on XBL ever - I almost always wait for a sale, discount, or special offer.

Those general sales are not only good (maybe even very good), but they're also free, i.e. we don't receive them as part of a Gold membership.

Deals of the Weak, we pay for. I think that they fail to fulfil their potential. They could be great. We should expect them to be great, because we pay for them. And they've saved me about $10 in three years, which is better than nothing.

I think maybe you're not aware that there are two types of XBL sales - DotW for Gold members and also general sales for everybody? :)

sounds similar to EA's VIP Pass. Except with EA you get VIP Pass free if you buy the 1st print of the game. Anyway, more DLC is good for fans.

[quote name='Firvagor']I'm always psyched when they put Rock Band DLC on sale regardless of whether I'm interested, just because it doesn't happen that often. I almost never buy entire albums, so maybe I'll pick a song or three out of them.
I want to wait until tracks have keys support just so I won't get screwed later, but I don't how much of the library will be converted and re-released.

The deals I'm waiting for are mostly DLC for older games and a couple newer releases, so I expect to wait a while. Then again, much like Steam sales I might be surprised. I just need to make sure I don't have MSP set to expire anytime soon because I can't remember how much of it is from promos.

Couldn't get to a computer with internet either? :p[/QUOTE]

Based on the community reaction, I wouldn't count on it - the Rock Band fans almost rioted when Harmonix rereleased Bon Jovi and Queen tracks as "RB3 versions" (with keys, harmonies, and Pro Mode support).

You get:

So, four extra cases and more goodies on top of that?

I guess I'm in. :)

[quote name='louiedog']
edit for your edit: Okay, that makes sense. I wonder how long it will be until they do more DLC. I imagine this stuff was already done awhile ago, probably with the main game. I'm sure they'll have to do multiple cases at a time to justify bringing in all of the actors. It probably takes a lot more time than just doing VO. I imagine we'll see another pack in a few months.[/QUOTE]Seems like I remember reading an article where they had to cut back on in game cases because of space issues so there may be a decent amount of DLC all done and waiting to be released in a staggered manner so as to not overinundate.

The first two DLC cases both had 100 achievement points. Assuming that continues, they'll butt up against Microsoft's 1750G limit after seven cases. I know that's not ironclad evidence as to how much future DLC there could be, but you've got to assume that Rockstar is aware of the limit and has taken it into account in their future plans to some degree.

[quote name='reddjoey']Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

May 30th - "Rock Band DLC" GOLD MEMBERS ONLY

• Avenged Sevenfold Pack 01 - 320 Microsoft Points - 27.3% off (Works with Rock Band 1, 2, 3)
    "Nightmare"
    "Scream"
    "Seize the Day"
  • All That Remains Pack 01 - 320 Microsoft Points - 27.3% off (Works with Rock Band 1, 2, 3)
    "Chiron"
    "This Calling"
    "Two Weeks"
  • Judas Priest's Screaming for Vengeance (Album) - 800 Microsoft Points - 33% off (Works with Rock Band 1, 2, 3)
    "Bloodstone"
    "Devil's Child"
    "Fever"
    "The Hellion/Electric Eye"
    "Pain And Pleasure"
    "Riding on the Wind"
    "Screaming For Vengeance"
    "(Take These) Chains"
    "You've Got Another Thing Comin'"
  • Motley Crue's Dr Feelgood (Album) - 880 Microsoft Points - 31.25% off (Works with Rock Band 1, 2, 3)
    "Dr. Feelgood"
    "Slice of Your Pie"
    "Rattlesnake Shake"
    "Kickstart My Heart"
    "Without You"
    "Same Ol' Situation"
    "Sticky Sweet"
    "She Goes Down"
    "Don't Go Away Mad"
    "Time For Change"
  • Ozzy Osbourne Pack 01 - 560 Microsoft Points - 30% off (Works with Rock Band 1, 2, 3)
    "Crazy Babies"
    "Diggin' Me Down"
    "I Don't Wanna Stop"
    "Let Me Hear You Scream"
    "No More Tears"
    "Soul Sucker"

Family Gold Pack Deal:

None

Misc Sales:

?????? - "Pets" GOLD MEMBERS ONLY

May 24th - May 30th "Halo: Reach" OPEN TO ALL XBL MEMBERS

May 31st - June 14th "L.A. Noire DLC Presale" OPEN TO ALL XBL MEMBERS

• L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass - 800 Microsoft Points (will 960 Microsoft Points after the presale) - 17% off
    Contains (some will unlock at a later date):
    The Broderick Detective Suit
    The Sharpshooter Detective Suit
    The Badge Pursuit Challenge & Button Man Suit
    "The Naked City" Vice Case
    "A Slip Of The Tongue" Traffic Case
    "Nicholson Electroplating" Arson Case
    "Reefer Madness" Vice Case

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update, good info and responded so I can reference back.

Responses from R* to people begging for the burglary and fraud desks (yes, I was begging, too):

@eugaet What we announced today is all of the DLC that is planned for L.A. Noire

@Johnathan_Doe Again, what we announced today is all of the DLC that is planned for L.A. Noire

@FauxGland The content we announced today is all of the DLC that is planned for L.A. Noire
I think they're going to get very tired of those requests. Hopefully enough to do something positive about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back