XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ryuukishi']The first two DLC cases both had 100 achievement points. Assuming that continues, they'll butt up against Microsoft's 1750G limit after seven cases. I know that's not ironclad evidence as to how much future DLC there could be, but you've got to assume that Rockstar is aware of the limit and has taken it into account in their future plans to some degree.[/QUOTE]
They're not making anymore DLC for the game, thank Jesus they're smart like that.

Instead of throwing tons of DLC onto a game Rockstar adds enough to add a few different aspects to the game and then sets out on new territory.

So yeah, 800 points gets you all the content available for the game.

I was actually looking forward to grabbing the Ozzy pack... but WOW do the sale prices suck. This the first time I've seen them NOT make the DLC 45-50% off.

All That Remains pack was only 240 msp when it was on sale in January. WTF?????!!!

Responses from R* to people begging for the burglary and fraud desks (yes, I was begging, too):

Quote:
@eugaet What we announced today is all of the DLC that is planned for L.A. Noire

@Johnathan_Doe Again, what we announced today is all of the DLC that is planned for L.A. Noire

@FauxGland The content we announced today is all of the DLC that is planned for L.A. Noire
I think they're going to get very tired of those requests. Hopefully enough to do something positive about it.

This is kind of a surprise but also kind of a relief. I guess I will buy the pas and wait to start playing until July 12th. Then no need to worry about finishing additional cases later on.

I get excited for the Rock Band sales, as they don't happen often enough given the massive amount of content available. That being said, the price drops and selection here leave a little to be desired. In for Ozzy, Motley Crue, and Judas Priest... already got ATR... might get A7X if I'm desperate.

[quote name='vamn']I was actually looking forward to grabbing the Ozzy pack... but WOW do the sale prices suck. This the first time I've seen them NOT make the DLC 45-50% off.

All That Remains pack was only 240 msp when it was on sale in January. WTF?????!!![/QUOTE]

I agree. 27% to 33% off doesn't do much for me. The market is overly saturated with songs. It's going to take more than 27% to make me buy more when I already have waaaay too much Rockband DLC.

I guess it doesn't help that I bought the Judas Priest album DLC when it was released.

[quote name='louiedog']Yeah, it's not a big pack with all of the files, it's an unlock key for the disc which then allows you to download the DLC from a menu within the game.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's only a 108kb file so it's basically an unlock key to the access then once it is available you will download the content.

[quote name='biledriver']Am I the only person who thought LA Noire peaked with the homicide cases and was just glad the game was over by the end?

I liked the game but it was just awkwardly paced and all the action was so identical that by the end I would just roll my eyes at another chase scene or shootout.[/QUOTE]

I agree that it was awkwardly paced, but as far as where the peak was, I felt the complete opposite. For me, it was the Homicide cases where things started to get too same-y...three dead women would've been just the right number for those cases, but when it got to the fifth dead woman I was just like "how about changing it up a little?"

The end of the homicide missions seemed almost like how some people would end their entire game, but for me personally (trying to keep this non-spoilery) the reveal of the final Homicide case's murderer came across like the ending of Scream 3, i.e. instead of an "ah-ha!" moment it was an "uh, who?" moment.

To me, the second half of the game was the most fun, but that might be partly because I love a good story (I played through Portal 2 in a single marathon day just because, like a good book, I couldn't put it down...I wanted to see how it ended), and the second half of LA Noire is where story twists started appear, rather than the usual somewhat predictable case endings. The first half was fun like a series of TV show episodes that don't really overlap much, but the second half is where things start to become interconnected, and I enjoyed that more. The only reason I started rushing to try and get to the end was because I wanted to see how it was all going to end.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='intoxicated662']Dead Space 2:Outbreak Maps are FREE (gives you access to 2 all new multiplayer maps-The Concourse & The Academy!) 347.03 MB in file size.[/QUOTE]
Quoted for new page, while all the other CAGs are discussing things we have to pay for! ;)

Does look like they're only available to Gold members, though (just for the first week..?).
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...eak-Maps/f1bee65c-8e85-49a8-b295-84ea0b0b328f

[quote name='biledriver']Am I the only person who thought LA Noire peaked with the homicide cases and was just glad the game was over by the end?

I liked the game but it was just awkwardly paced and all the action was so identical that by the end I would just roll my eyes at another chase scene or shootout.[/QUOTE]

Note: I'm keeping it very general to avoid spoilers.

Yup, I agree. I was really captivated at how the Homicide cases would be finally explained, but the conclusion was weak and shallow. Then being "promoted" to Vice felt scaled down in importance, and that took a lot of the steam out of me. By the time I was in Arson, with the constant barrage of negative discoveries surrounding the main character, it felt like I was getting punished rather than rewarded.

Regardless, most of the cases were awesome and very well written as stand-alone pieces. Vice had some of the best cases, and a partner who really stole the show. They just seemed so awkwardly placed and ruined the pacing for me.

I still give the game a 90/100 overall though, and recommend it to any older gamers out there. I'm happy the DLC is very fairly priced and I will be getting it.

What game is suppose to come out today? I haven't heard much in news for what's coming out this month on XBLA aside from Trenched & Half Minute Hero.

[quote name='Zonic505']What game is suppose to come out today? I haven't heard much in news for what's coming out this month on XBLA aside from Trenched & Half Minute Hero.[/QUOTE]

Supposedly it's Crazy Machines: Elements. No idea about the price.

In grand Crazy Machines tradition, players must create wacky chain reactions using different parts and accomplish the tasks set out in their mission, from knocking vases over to blowing out candles. Players can also use lots of new parts besides the elements, including cloud machines, pinwheels and flamethrowers.

Crazy Machines Elements has three game modes. In Puzzle mode, players must finish 100 partially-built chain reaction machines using the parts specified to accomplish the various tasks. Inventors can create true chain reaction marvels that obey the laws of physics and not only satisfy the requirements of the task, but also demand some serious brain power, inventiveness and physical out-of-the-box thinking.
Here's video from PC version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sYVa06Sr_4

So 5 hours later, no Crazy Machines..? What the hell is up with Microsoft constantly releasing games late these days?

Weird. I guess the couple of sites I found the info on were wrong. One probably took their article from the other. Or maybe there were last minute problems. Either way I'm surprised they didn't use this week before E3 to dump some crap game on the service. I know they turn down devs all the time, so you'd think they'd at least have something to sell us.

[quote name='fieldkillah']Major Nelson just tweeted that there is no arcade release this week.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Is this a first? I seem to remember the XBLA schedule being delayed a few years ago due to XBL downtime.

How many dozens of XBLA games spend months in limbo trying to get pass through the certification process? How many completely drop off the radar like Gottlieb Collection? BS Microsoft has nothing to release this week.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']How many dozens of XBLA games spend months in limbo trying to get pass through the certification process? How many completely drop off the radar like Gottlieb Collection? BS Microsoft has nothing to release this week.[/QUOTE]

E-mail customer service and I am sure they will replace a game since there wasn't any released this week.

[quote name='nCogNeato']Wow. Is this a first? I seem to remember the XBLA schedule being delayed a few years ago due to XBL downtime.[/QUOTE]

Naw, I can remember at least 2 other weeks that had no XBLA release for no particular reason. Pretty lame considering how much stuff is constantly in certification limbo. I think the Section 8 DLC was suppose to suffice, but really....

AceyBongos said Crazy Machines was coming out this week, so that is where the info came from. This morning MS announced that there was no game coming out today and there have been a couple weeks with no XBLA releases

[quote name='cancerman1120']This is kind of a surprise but also kind of a relief. I guess I will buy the pas and wait to start playing until July 12th. Then no need to worry about finishing additional cases later on.[/QUOTE]
I get the feeling "no plans" means "we're planning it now and don't want to tip our hand." Game companies do this all the time for some reason. Atlus had "no plans" to bring Catherine state side, until they did a week or two later. It just seems unlikely that they'd release a few cases and then stop, with so much content in the can to draw from still left.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']I get the feeling "no plans" means "we're planning it now and don't want to tip our hand." Game companies do this all the time for some reason. Atlus had "no plans" to bring Catherine state side, until they did a week or two later. It just seems unlikely that they'd release a few cases and then stop, with so much content in the can to draw from still left.[/QUOTE]

Totally with you on this. What's the benefit of announcing more DLC right now? If they do, everyone will just throw a hissy fit and say that they're being forced to pay extra to round out an unfinished retail product.

No memorial day sale, crappy DOTW that is only for people who own one game, and now no new arcade game. Not a good week for this thread.

[quote name='biledriver']No memorial day sale, crappy DOTW that is only for people who own one game, and now no new arcade game. Not a good week for this thread.[/QUOTE]

Nailed it!

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Could be worse. This could be the PS Store/PS+ thread. :([/QUOTE]Could be even worse. This could be the Wii store sale thread. Oh wait, they've never had a sale or even price drop so there is no thread.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Could be worse. This could be the PS Store/PS+ thread. :([/QUOTE]

I dont know about that at the moment they have alot of games on sale right now
and yes I know that when he posted that it was not up yet

[quote name='Stephan123']Maybe in the future they will let you vote which game/dlc must be on sale just like they did in the past[/QUOTE]

I hate those many times people vote for a popular game that has all ready been a dotw.

[quote name='KyleGamgee']I might pick up The Undergarden. My kids might like it. (6 and 4)[/QUOTE]

I keep almost buying this. I still haven't figured out from the trial what exactly I am supposed to be doing. Maybe I missed the tutorial or something. So anyone know the gameplay length of it?

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']I hate those many times people vote for a popular game that has all ready been a dotw.

[/QUOTE]

Of course the flaw here being that if many people voted for it they obviously missed the deal. So good for you for getting it the first time but needless for you to hate on people wanting it another time.

[quote name='biledriver']Of course the flaw here being that if many people voted for it they obviously missed the deal. So good for you for getting it the first time but needless for you to hate on people wanting it another time.[/QUOTE]

Valid point but that's their loss if they missed the deal they voted for. Generally they tell you when the "Vote for the Deal" deals go live when the voting occurs so if someone who voted misses the deal they either didn't really want the content or are probably stupid. (I personally marked my calendar and waited anxiously for Pac-Man CE DX when it won last time) In either case repeat deals should be (imo) included with new deals for those interested in buying discounted content on a regular basis. A perfect example of the right way to do it is how RISK: Factions keeps going on sale but never (as far as I can remember) as the only title being discounted that week.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']I hate those many times people vote for a popular game that has all ready been a dotw.

I keep almost buying this. I still haven't figured out from the trial what exactly I am supposed to be doing. Maybe I missed the tutorial or something. So anyone know the gameplay length of it?[/QUOTE]

I think I've played half of the levels, and ratpr says I'm 2 hours in. From the half I've played, the demo gives a very good idea of the gameplay. There's not much else going on. Just a heads up that it doesn't change much. It's very relaxed.

I keep almost buying this. I still haven't figured out from the trial what exactly I am supposed to be doing. Maybe I missed the tutorial or something. So anyone know the gameplay length of it?[/QUOTE]

Look at the Xbox indie game Lumi instead, Similar idea with beautiful 2d art. It won the Dream.Build.Play competition last year ($40K grand prize), and it was facing some tough contenders.

[quote name='biledriver']No memorial day sale, crappy DOTW that is only for people who own one game, and now no new arcade game. Not a good week for this thread.[/QUOTE]
Crappy DOTW for three games actually. I really wish they had put the Beatles Rockband dlc on sale instead, since I've just stared at Rockband 3 since I bought it, wondering what I was thinking.

[quote name='Jhuntley']Crappy DOTW for three games actually. I really wish they had put the Beatles Rockband dlc on sale instead, since I've just stared at Rockband 3 since I bought it, wondering what I was thinking.[/QUOTE]

You nailed it on every aspect. I'd probably be more interested in the Beatles albums as well. I also bought Rockband 3(at launch no less) and have barely touched it. It was something I wanted at the time but now that it's here, it's like a constant reminder to me of how over I am with these types of games. Glad I didn't get the keyboard at least. Someday I'll pick it back up and wonder why I stopped playing it, though.

[quote name='Jhuntley']Crappy DOTW for three games actually. I really wish they had put the Beatles Rockband dlc on sale instead, since I've just stared at Rockband 3 since I bought it, wondering what I was thinking.[/QUOTE]

I really like Rock Band 3, but yes, totally agree with The Beatles. I've just never been able to get myself to buy the DLC for the game at full price since it doesn't work with any other RB game.

Heck yes, I'd buy all the Beatles DLC if they were on sale. Does anyone know if these have ever been on sale at all?

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Heck yes, I'd buy all the Beatles DLC if they were on sale. Does anyone know if these have ever been on sale at all?[/QUOTE]

Nope. It never has. I've been waiting for it since I bought the game.

I've also been staring angrily at the potential export code on the back of the booklet. I'm waiting for the Beatles to get their shit together and realize the absolute folly of not making the tracks exportable. It's like they're determined to not make any money.
This is like iTunes all over again.

I'll bite on the Rockstar pass. 800 msp is usually a high dlc price for a cheap guy like me, but it's worth it for that much content for a game I'm currently playing and liking.

[quote name='vamn']Nope. It never has. I've been waiting for it since I bought the game.

I've also been staring angrily at the potential export code on the back of the booklet. I'm waiting for the Beatles to get their shit together and realize the absolute folly of not making the tracks exportable. It's like they're determined to not make any money.
This is like iTunes all over again.[/QUOTE]

They recently re-confirmed that they won't be exported. So I wouldn't hold out for that. Harmonix is just smart enough to put that in just in case (I think the biggest potential would of been if they ever did a Beatles RB 2).

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So all this quietness about next week, XBLA release and deals, makes me think that we'll have a big E3 week...at least that's what I hope.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'd say this coming week for E3 or the week following we should have a decent sale going on.

Yep there was a huge E3 sale last year.

Probably gonna be the first time Torchlight goes on sale as well, especially with Torchlight 2 coming in the next month or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back