XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of y'all are right as far as the dlc talk. I've been on xbl since launch '01-'02 and just recently got rid of gold and went silver. Got tired of all the crap, being charged for this and that, annoying kids and such. Just play on pc gfwl over xbl free

But still, even map packs like those from cod have gotten expensive and not worth it anymore. For games like Homefront, they should of done a sale 1st and see if it helped any for the game that way they would lay off less staff but gaming has gotten like sports, wrestling and any other form of entertainment..it's all about the $

[quote name='dgwillia006']Oh you lucky lucky bastard[/QUOTE]

+1!!!! Man, Wednesday can't come soon enough. I was going to buy a PSP again just to play Half Minute Hero......thank goodness for XBLA!!!!

I had some points burning a hole in my pocket...errr account so I picked up Heavy Weapon and Bejeweled blitz. Heavy weapon is pretty fun but it gets old...fast. Bejeweled Blitz I kinda regret getting. My reflexes are slow so I suck at it given the 60 second time limit.
Speaking of Bejeweled Blitz I sent friend requests to some CAGs on this page to try to rack up a 1 million friendship score. Feel free to ignore it if you want. :)
If anyone else wants to add me to boost their score (and mine) feel free to do so.

[quote name='ooga']Speaking of Bejeweled Blitz I sent friend requests to some CAGs on this page to try to rack up a 1 million friendship score. Feel free to ignore it if you want. :)[/QUOTE]

Haha good idea. I'm pretty far off the 1M mark but I've earned about 100k myself so I could use some friends to boost this group score as well. This game is so shallow I actually almost feel ripped off for 200MSP. This really needs to have some sort of marathon mode or something. Feels like an addon mode for regular Bejeweled than it's own game.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Haha good idea. I'm pretty far off the 1M mark but I've earned about 100k myself so I could use some friends to boost this group score as well. This game is so shallow I actually almost feel ripped off for 200MSP. This really needs to have some sort of marathon mode or something. Feels like an addon mode for regular Bejeweled than it's own game.[/QUOTE]

No wonder they discounted it as deep as they did. I've rarely, if ever, seen 75% off for DotW sales.

Sounds pretty shitty.

[quote name='ooga']
If anyone else wants to add me to boost their score (and mine) feel free to do so.[/QUOTE]

I'm down too GT:sleepydumbdude

I really thought I was playing it wrong at first like there was something I had to do to add more time. I'm glad I didn't put anything more than 200 into this.

I'm more excited about Fruit Ninja Kinect than the other Summer of Arcade titles. I know most or all of them will be great games, but I'll wait for sales on 'em.

[quote name='UrAllVirgins']Lets get to the real issue here: what is the new deal of the week?[/QUOTE]

We'll know at around 8am PST tomorrow. They don't even update at midnight anymore it seems. : /

They had an "unlock the DotW" for non gold members I guess last week and it said that you could get the deal until 8am PST on Tuesday so I'm assuming that's the new "official" DotW change time.

[quote name='UrAllVirgins']Lets get to the real issue here: what is the new deal of the week?[/QUOTE]
I can only suggest that everyone berated MajorNelson on twitter about why he won't post the upcoming sales on his blog in advance. AceyBongos has been good about letting the cat out the bag the day before, but I didn't see it today.

Maybe MS is cracking down?

[quote name='eastx']I'm more excited about Fruit Ninja Kinect than the other Summer of Arcade titles. I know most or all of them will be great games, but I'll wait for sales on 'em.[/QUOTE]
This, but only because I love it on my Phone. Most people seem to think a kinect only title on the summer of arcade is pretty weak. This will be the one title that will prob prevent some from getting Crimson Alliance.

[quote name='reddjoey']I can only suggest that everyone berated MajorNelson on twitter about why he won't post the upcoming sales on his blog in advance. [/QUOTE]

Major was feeling chatty tonight and he said maybe next week he'll give us a preview of what the next DotW is. I'm actually just shocked he tweeted me directly and had a convo with me and a friend.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Haha good idea. I'm pretty far off the 1M mark but I've earned about 100k myself so I could use some friends to boost this group score as well. This game is so shallow I actually almost feel ripped off for 200MSP. This really needs to have some sort of marathon mode or something. Feels like an addon mode for regular Bejeweled than it's own game.[/QUOTE]

I guess that's why they're just putting into Bejeweled 3 as an extra game mode. I played the demo for Blitz and wasn't thrilled with it, so I'm just waiting for that.

[quote name='downsouthtigger']Major was feeling chatty tonight and he said maybe next week he'll give us a preview of what the next DotW is. I'm actually just shocked he tweeted me directly and had a convo with me and a friend.[/QUOTE]

Do I smell a "Happy 4th of July" Mega Sale? Probably not since the 4th is Sunday so it would have to be this week's sale wouldn't it?

[quote name='sp8001']I've never played the PSP version either. It looks interesting, but since it moves so fast it kinda looks like a "hold forward and mash A for 30 seconds" game...

Is this game geared towards casual players? I'm not much into casual games like the Popcap series... They are fun for about 10 mins then they get really old (at least to me, I know a lot of you guys love them and I'm not holding that against any of you, to each his own).

Or is it quite challenging? I enjoy the harder games, hell I grew up on the NES ;) It's in my blood.

I'm on the fence... I want to want it though, lol.[/QUOTE]

I can assure you it is more than just mashing buttons (the fights themselves are automatic). I think you'll dig it if you like games that frustrate you a bit, but are rewarding once you figure them out. Like Zonic mentioned above, you usually have to level up to a certain point to defeat bosses, collect gold for special items at the shops, etc. I feel it's for gamers in general, but RPG fans especially (I'm somewhat neutral, not a big fan of JRPGs). The underlying humor poking fun at old RPGs is great. However, I am just about to finish the "Hero 30 Mode," and there are five modes to go, so my feelings towards the game may change.

Was just looking around at random xbla games and saw that Hard Corps Uprising was listed at 600 msp. It's not live on the website yet, but you can find it on the console marketplace.

edit: It's now showing up on xbox.com. Hard Corps Uprising - 600 msp - 50% off

I recommend buying Hard Corps thru the demo as when I played the demo it attempted to entice a purchase by offering in game cash (and maybe an ability upgrade or something) if you unlock it thru the demo as opposed to a straight purchase from the marketplace or website. 600 msp is tempting me.

Anyone here every get error message "status code: 80169d94" ???

I get it everytime I try to input a 1600 pt microsoft pt card. I've googled it and it seems like the only solution is double checking your info matches (which I have) and to call microsoft support to unlock it and wait 5-7 business days.

Anyone here know anything about this?

From AceyBongo's twitter;

Got some info on DotW - it's 50% off each of a bunch of games:TMNT, Lara Croft ATGOL, X-Men, Comic Jumper, Hard Corps and Zeno Clash

Kinda weak. TMNT should have a perm drop since it wont be available after sometime (right?). Already have it and Lara Croft. Dont want Xmen or I would have got it when it was like 200 pts last time. Dont want Comic Jumper either. Havent seen Zeno Clash and played Hard Corps demo but nothing that impressed me enough to grab it.

[quote name='skooks']From AceyBongo's twitter;

Got some info on DotW - it's 50% off each of a bunch of games:TMNT, Lara Croft ATGOL, X-Men, Comic Jumper, Hard Corps and Zeno Clash[/QUOTE]

Meh, got X-Men and TMNT on release, and Lara Croft and Comic Jumper on a previous DOTW. Not really interested in the other two.

[quote name='KASPENN']Was just looking around at random xbla games and saw that Hard Corps Uprising was listed at 600 msp. It's not live on the website yet, but you can find it on the console marketplace.

edit: It's now showing up on xbox.com. Hard Corps Uprising - 600 msp - 50% off[/QUOTE]

So glad i waited on Hard Corps. \\:D/

Picked up Hard Corps and X-Men!

EDIT: OH SHIT! Comic Jumper also? \\:D/

[quote name='Abeja']Dont want Xmen or I would have got it when it was like 200 pts last time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i missed that sale and was so bummed. It will be fun to play with my cousins around the 4th. Wasn't that when it was sale priced at 200 last year?

[quote name='Doctor Who']Meh, got X-Men and TMNT on release, and Lara Croft and Comic Jumper on a previous DOTW. Not really interested in the other two.[/QUOTE]

You should (need to) give Hard Corps a try.

How is X-Men? I only played once or twice when I was little at the arcade. Also is anyone else going to get the new COD maps that come out today?

Didn't care last time I tried out the Zeno Clash demo, but definitely in for Hard Corps. Already have the rest though.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']I'm down too GT:sleepydumbdude

I really thought I was playing it wrong at first like there was something I had to do to add more time. I'm glad I didn't put anything more than 200 into this.[/QUOTE]

Well I got to the 1 million friendscore and got an easy 50 points. Thanks for the boost guys.
The game is pretty bare bones and feels more like a free phone app than an xbl title. Easily the least interesting game in my library. I don't see myself playing it for very long. Even for 200 points I still feel slightly cheated. If anyone is interested in picking it up, I would recommend waiting for Bejeweled 3 instead.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Anyone here every get error message "status code: 80169d94" ???

I get it everytime I try to input a 1600 pt microsoft pt card. I've googled it and it seems like the only solution is double checking your info matches (which I have) and to call microsoft support to unlock it and wait 5-7 business days.

Anyone here know anything about this?[/QUOTE]

You'll have to call Xbox Support. I did that last week, and my account was unlocked instantly, I didn't have to wait. It's a pretty painless call.

Well this is very interesting. I have the retail copy of Plants vs Zombies and the achievements apparently are very different from the xbl version. The game is awesome but i don't want to go through it again for the extra set of achievements.

[quote name='skooks']From AceyBongo's twitter;

Got some info on DotW - it's 50% off each of a bunch of games:TMNT, Lara Croft ATGOL, X-Men, Comic Jumper, Hard Corps and Zeno Clash[/QUOTE]

I have all of these. Thats so sad.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Anyone here every get error message "status code: 80169d94" ???

Anyone here know anything about this?[/QUOTE]

You need to call xbox support and talk to billing. Your account is likely on soft lock. It doesn't take 5-7 days though, mine was taken care of immediately.

Sooooo happy I waited on Hard Corps!

I already purchased Zeno Clash? That must mean it has been on sale before..... I think..... right?

[quote name='Gabrius']Sooooo happy I waited on Hard Corps!

I already purchased Zeno Clash? That must mean it has been on sale before..... I think..... right?[/QUOTE]

Zeno Clash was on sale this past September.

Finally they are getting to a game I've been interested in, Hard Corps. I hope they continue putting multiple titles on sale each week.

[quote name='reddjoey']Can anyone figure out a theme for this sale?[/QUOTE]

Action games maybe...

Funny little conversation about Hard Corps...

ArugulaZ posts:

Never respond to the comments in an article you've written. Now that's a game you just can't win.
As for the complainers, I think they're mistaking rote memorization and misplaced machismo for fun. They're the ones getting played, trained like rats in an especially cruel scientific experiment, and they don't even realize it. Let's ring a bell and see if they drool.

And SpaceNoodle replies:

"Rote memorization" was the basis of old school gaming boss fights and some newer games as well. Your comments make you sound like a Bejeweled playing idiot.

Got a good laugh from the Bejeweled part ;)... Casuals need not apply to Hard Corps.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']So, everything but Hard Corps has been on sale before... so only 1 new one for me.[/QUOTE]

Do you remember how much Zeno Clash was when it went on sale the last time ? Was it 800 ?

[quote name='reddjoey']Can anyone figure out a theme for this sale?[/QUOTE]

"The Nothing drawingboard Wants" sale

Tomb Raider? Again?
X-men and TMNT were already dropped to 200 pts once. Did they think the people unwilling to pay 200 pts for it then, would pay 400 pts for it now?
edit. I think TMNT was actually less than 200 pts.

[quote name='reddjoey'][*]July 6th: ???? - ??? Microsoft Points[/QUOTE]

No conformation but I suspect that open date is going to be filled by Warhammer 40K: Kill Team.

Kill Team is suppose to release in July. (800 points)

Wow, this is actually a really good sale. Granted, I and most of us here have already picked up most of these titles in previous sales, but you have to think. How many people/families have just gotten xboxes since these titles were last on sale? These are some really good games.

As for me, I've never tried hard corps or zeno clash, so time for some trials to be played :)

[quote name='drawingboard']"The Nothing drawingboard Wants" sale

Tomb Raider? Again?
X-men and TMNT were already dropped to 200 pts once. Did they think the people unwilling to pay 200 pts for it then, would pay 400 pts for it now?
edit. I think TMNT was actually less than 200 pts.[/QUOTE]

i didn't pick up x-men when it was 200 msp. I didn't have my xbox at the time. Also I didn't get comic jumper for 600 because i had a feeling that it would eventually get cheaper and little did I know I was right. Planning on picking up those two and perhaps getting the new COD maps.

[quote name='benjamouth']Do you remember how much Zeno Clash was when it went on sale the last time ? Was it 800 ?[/QUOTE]

9/5/2010 Zeno Clash UE -- Arcade Game -800Microsoft Points

Edit: Man, when checking my account, June has been saved--- but it if wasn't for buying Deathsmiles 2X in May, I spent no where near my average of points per month.

Edit: Lara was on sale for 600 in mid-March. X-Men has been down to 200 (though I bought it on release since I *HAD* to have it. At least I beat it 100% the week of release instead of letting it sit there... like Turtles 2).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back