XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering TMNT Reshelled is going to be removed soon, kind of not surprised to see it be on sale.

Already got Hard Corps: Uprising, Comic Jumper, & X-Men. Guess I'm waiting for tomorrow for Half-Minute Hero & Galaga Legions DX.

[quote name='reddjoey']Can anyone figure out a theme for this sale?[/QUOTE]

According to major Nelson's twitter post this is the "Mutant Sale"

“@majornelson: This week, Xbox LIVE Gold Members can save 50% on select Mutant related XBLA games http://mjr.mn/iC5doB #DOTW”

[quote name='garrett007']According to major Nelson's twitter post this is the "Mutant Sale"

“@majornelson: This week, Xbox LIVE Gold Members can save 50% on select Mutant related XBLA games http://mjr.mn/iC5doB #DOTW”[/QUOTE]

I would have guessed "Oldschool Revivial"?

[quote name='seanr1221']I have all of these. Thats so sad.[/QUOTE]

I kind of like it when I already own the games. It means I'm doing it right. ;)

[quote name='Stephan123']Torchlight will be on sale soon I think(somewhere in July/August)[/QUOTE]

Do they still run deals in the summer during the summer of arcade?

Picking up Zeno Clash and Hard Corps. Already got the others when they were on sale in the past.
I'm also hoping for a Torchlight Sale as well as Might and Magic Clash of Heroes and Marvel Pinball.
I've been waiting on a sale for these three for a while.

Also I just remembered I want a sale on Stacking please ;)

I have everything in this sale except for TMNT Reshelled, which I'm not interested in. Supposedly it gets de-listed on the 30th, so you may not want to take too long to decide. It may not make it to the end of the sale.

I highly recommend Lara Croft to anyone who doesn't have it yet. It really is very good, and the co-op makes it even better. With it's level of polish, just by adding another couple of hours it could have been a full retail release last gen no problem.

People seem to enjoy X-Men arcade, but I don't get it, and I loved it at the arcade in my youth. I don't think it holds up and the port feels lazy compared to something like Final Fight Double Impact.

I love Twisted Pixel, but I think they did a poor job with the gameplay in Comic Jumper. I had zero fun playing the game. The best parts are the FMV sequences and some of the writing. You're better off watching clips on Youtube IMO.

Do you like games that are endless grindfests? If so you might like Hard Corps: Uprising. That's not meant to be an insult. That's what the game is and some people really like that. It's a Contra game, but at some point, someone thought they should remove the Contra branding from it. There's a reason for that.

I was wondering if anyone would know:

Have 1942: Joint Strike and Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 ever been on sale?

Two games I have had marginal interest in (I am trying for a complete shootemup collection this generation), but I have heard many negative things about both. What are the chances of either of these dropping sometime in the future?

Thanks!

[quote name='Gabrius']I was wondering if anyone would know:

Have 1942: Joint Strike and Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 ever been on sale?

Two games I have had marginal interest in (I am trying for a complete shootemup collection this generation), but I have heard many negative things about both. What are the chances of either of these dropping sometime in the future?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

1942: Joint Strike was (I own it and wouldn't have purchased it at full price).

WOTB: Commando 3 has not. There was a promotion (with SF, I believe?) when it was released years ago, but I never grabbed it.

[quote name='Gabrius']I was wondering if anyone would know:

Thanks![/QUOTE]

A few pages back I asked the same about 1942 JS. Someone thought it has been on sale, but a few people chimed in to say it's a bad game regardless of price. I'm not totally convinced though. I like the original and Mark from CGR gave it the thumbs-up...

Going to demo Hard Corps this evening.

[quote name='Gabrius']Have 1942: Joint Strike and Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 ever been on sale?[/QUOTE]

Coming from someone who buys nearly everything that goes on sale, I can say with a reasonable amount of certainty that these have never been discounted. I'd like it if they were... (edit: maybe 1942 has, according to some poster above? I don't recall this ever happening)

*sigh* I'm 150 points short of being able to buy Hard Corps, and I have everything else. Don't particularly want to march out and buy another points card, but I guess I will at some point.

I would recommend Turtles in Time Reshelled to anyone with an easy-to-please interest in beat-'em-ups; it may not be great but I personally would happily pay 5 bucks to rescue it from the clutches of non-purchasable doom :p As for X-Men, it's pretty shallow for 400 points, even for the 200 I paid for it around Black Friday, but WOW is this an easy achievement boosting game. Round up some buddies, spam special moves over and over again, and before you know it you'll have most/all cheevos.

One final note... Bejeweled Blitz Live kind of stinks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gabrius']Have 1942: Joint Strike and Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 ever been on sale?[/QUOTE]

I know this is an XBox Live thread, but I picked them up in a really good Capcom package deal about a year ago that was on the PS3 that included both of those plus Puzzle Fighter and some other game (Rocketman or something?). I much prefer my XBox360 (I like the pad and online there), but a deal is a deal and sadly it wasn't mirrored on the XBox version, and I was watching for a while for sales on them.

On the people that said it was bad:
1942: JS is a lot of fun, I like it. BUT, you have to appreciate an older type, slower paced shooter and the graphics, while good, can sometimes mask targets in the scenery (some enemies don't stand out) until you are used to it. I really like the older 194x games and play through them regularly on the PSP Capcom collections though, so I am a bit biased. If you are fond of newere, fast paced bullet hell it might not work for you, but there is a demo if you are on the fence.

Commando 3, was a bit of a hit or miss, it feels like that old arcade game Total Carnage (the sequel to Smash TV). It's fun, but no real depth.

And lastly, Hard Corps doesn't feel like Contra until you grind up the upgrades (which you can't do in Arcade mode). After that, it does have a nice Contra feel. Until then it is just really slow moving, the weapons very underwhelming and kind of cheap. The "make a perfect jump onto the helicopter or die" after you beat a end boss on a few stages can just die in a fire, it reminds me of that stupid Armadillo boss in Ninja Gaiden 2.

And Turtles in Time is fun, but not as good if you are expecting the excellent SNES version with the extra stuff. My son had a few friends over and the 4 player is great. The graphics are good, but lost some personality in their 3D model conversion.

Thanks for the info on the 2 games I asked about ^_^

....is anyone having problems with the website? It's not letting me purchase Hard Corps!!!

[quote name='Kismayaz']Yes! Torchlight and stacking on sale next week :) I will definitely be getting both.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what?! Where did you get this info?

[quote name='Gabrius']
Wait, what?! Where did you get this info?[/QUOTE]

http://majornelson.com/

July 5th-11th

Torchlight - 800 (33% off)
Dante's Inferno Dark Forest pack - 200 (50% off)
Medal of Honor Hot Zone pack - 400 (50% off)
Rock Band Red Hot Chili Peppers Blood Sugar Sex Magik Album - 1200 (25% off)
Stacking - 600 (50% off)

[quote name='Gabrius']
Wait, what?! Where did you get this info?[/QUOTE]

It's on Major Nelson's blog... Next week, Stacking 600 MSP and Torchlight 800 MSP.

[quote name='ooga']Well this is very interesting. I have the retail copy of Plants vs Zombies and the achievements apparently are very different from the xbl version. The game is awesome but i don't want to go through it again for the extra set of achievements.[/QUOTE]

Are you comparing your copy against the XBLA release or the Windows Mobile one?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/plants-vs-zombies/achievements/
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/plants-vs-zombies-wp7/achievements/

[quote name='Gabrius']....is anyone having problems with the website? It's not letting me purchase Hard Corps!!![/QUOTE]

Some stuff disappears from the list as the page loads, or doesn't get marked as "Already purchased". I've had that problem with Firefox in the past, but I'm seeing it happen in IE as well.

Has anyone seen the MetaCritic page for Zeno Clash? Here's the only fan review:

By: RUSTYSHAKLEFORD
Score: 10

THIS GAME BIGTIME REAL GOOD. ALL PUNCH THEM CHICKEN MAN, HIS DOG THE CHICKEN MAN DOG IT REAL FUN MAKE GO BOOM. ALL THAT I AINT NEVER PLAY GAMES LIKE THESE MAD GAMES RIGHT HERE MAN, BIGTIME BEST GAME I EVA PLAY IT REAL GOOD SOME FUN. LIKE DIS SO MAD GOOD YOU AINT SLEEP NONE GOOD FO DAYS. KNOW WHAT I IS SAYIN BROTHa.

...I'd skip it just for that.

Finally MS is starting to put more recent games on sale... I was getting really tired of the "DLC only" or "old and shitty games that never sold well" sales...

The vote for the next DotW is a joke... Seriously our only choices are DLC?

PvZ was still on sale at 600, so I picked it up just now at the absolute last second.

Have some of the games on sale this week, but definitely looking forward to picking up Stacking next week.

I really wanted to get into Torchlight, but I'm not too much of a Diablo fan.

Ok. Major thunderstorm is rolling through (hey it's FL in the Summer, what do you expect?) so I will finish the updates to the OP when it passes

In for Stacking, 100%. Have been hoping it would get a price drop. Wanted to pick up Torchlight too but I'm 60 points short of being able to afford both and can't really afford to add any more points right now. Hmm. Hope I'm not missing out too much.

Starting to feel like the only person in the world who was totally unimpressed with the Stacking demo.

Already got Torchlight, perfect game for me since I love the first Diablo and don't play any games online.

I might be in for Torchlight at 800 next week. I need to try the demo first, though. Stacking I wasn't too thrilled with (the demo), so I'll skip that. Nothing this week is too appealing, at least that I don't have. Lara Croft is a fun game, though, and I recommend it at the sale price for sure - but skip the paid DLC.

EDIT: bdriver - you aren't alone! :)

I can't help being a little disappointed that the one piece of Rock Band DLC on sale next week is one of the (relatively) few to have been on sale in the past, though fewer things I want on sale is ultimately a good thing for me. Should be paying off debt :p I may bite on Torchlight next week, despite the PC version becoming pretty dull after about 20 hours.

[quote name='Blade']Has anyone seen the MetaCritic page for Zeno Clash? Here's the only fan review:

...I'd skip it just for that.[/QUOTE]

lmao

By the reviewer's name (RUSTYSHAKLEFORD) I'd say it's a safe bet that the incomprehensible review was intentional and ironic.

I'd buy Zeno Clash just for that. ;)

Been waiting for torchlight to go on sale so I'm in. think ill pass on everything else. Stacking looks really boring but maybe I should at least try the demo. Hard corps I will probably try as well.

definitely in for stacking and torchlight next week.

i already have everything that interests me from this weeks sale, i actually havent even played comic jumper since the last time i bought it on sale.

i am considering tmnt but i think the fact that it leaves the marketplace soon makes me feel more interested then i really am.

Meh, after checking the Coming Soon blog post, looks like I'm sticking with Half-Minute Hero, Galaga Legions DX, & Ms. Splosion Man (wish there was a price confirmed) for the time being. Already got Stacking (which I recommend. Shame the DLC also isn't on sale), so nothing for me next week.

Finally. In for Stacking and Torchlight next week.

I have no interest in Hard Corps or Zeno Clash and I own everything else so I'll be passing on this week's sale.

Stacking didn't impress me. I have the full version on PS3 since they gave it away day 1. I'll most likely skip it this time and get it when I can grab it for 400 or less.

Hard Corps Uprising is a win but Torchlight for 800? Fail. Oh well I guess I'll keep waiting. I forgot Torchlight was overpriced to begin with. I still contend that it's an 800 point game which means I'll pay 400 for it when I can. I'd have probably bit for 600 though. Can't win them all.

Going to have to download the demo for Zeno Clash and check it out.

Oh and the theme of the week on the dashboard says "Mutants and Heroes" week. Works for me. Just wish they had tossed a few more arcade games on the pile.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Stacking didn't impress me. I have the full version on PS3 since they gave it away day 1. I'll most likely skip it this time and get it when I can grab it for 400 or less.

Hard Corps Uprising is a win but Torchlight for 800? Fail. Oh well I guess I'll keep waiting. I forgot Torchlight was overpriced to begin with. I still contend that it's an 800 point game which means I'll pay 400 for it when I can. I'd have probably bit for 600 though. Can't win them all.

Going to have to download the demo for Zeno Clash and check it out.

Oh and the theme of the week on the dashboard says "Mutants and Heroes" week. Works for me. Just wish they had tossed a few more arcade games on the pile.[/QUOTE]

Yeah 33% off is dumb, stuff should always be 50% imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back