XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kidrocklive']Yeah 33% off is dumb, stuff should always be 50% imo.[/QUOTE]

It seems MS really likes to do 33% off on games that sell well (as far as I know Torchlight was a big success on XBLA), before they discount it 50% a few months later.

Definitely picking up Hard Corps. If any of our usual gang wants to do co-op let's get something going. Anyone else can feel free to send me an FR if you want to tackle it as well.

I'm on the fence for Torchlight. I already have it on Steam from one of the sales a few months back but I can't help being tempted by the console version for convenience. 600 would have been perfect but 800 makes me have to think about it for a while.

Put me down as another who wasn't really impressed by Stacking on PS3. I was really looking forward to it and it has a great aesthetic but the gameplay was just sort of dull to me. I can see myself going back to it maybe at some point but I'm glad I didn't pay for it.

Zeno Clash is a really bizarre game to say the least, but a unique enough experience to warrant a look. I won't even attempt to explain the story, but the environment and characters/creatures are pretty fresh and interesting if you're into fantasy/sci-fi settings. The game plays like a first person brawler. There are guns, but most of the combat will be with your fists or melee weapons. You will have to rely on a lot of evading, blocking, countering and landing combos to be successful. It's actually quite satisfying to land an uppercut on an enemy that sends him flying or grappling a stunned foe to knee bash his face in. Unfortunately, the game is really short (think a few hours) and there really isn't any reason to replay it. The ending also offers no resolution to the story which may bother people. I bought the game for less than $5 during the last steam sale because I was curious about it. It's a little harder to recommend for 600 points. I suggest trying out the demo, but holding out for a 400 point price point.

I'm looking at X-Men, Lara Croft and Torchlight. Suggestions? I may just hold out to see if Bad Company 2 or Left 4 Dead 2 DLC goes on sale anytime soon, even thought they're going to lose the Member's Choice DOTW.

[quote name='sp8001']It seems MS really likes to do 33% off on games that sell well (as far as I know Torchlight was a big success on XBLA), before they discount it 50% a few months later.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, that's why I will probably just get stacking this time and when torchlight hits 50% get it then.

I didn't really care about the sales this week but decided to check the last couple of pages here and seen Stacking is going on sale! Finally one of the games I have been waiting to go on sale does. I will probably wait on Torchlight though until 50% off, now if we can just get a Pinball FX2 and maybe tables on sale then I will be completely happy with my arcade games.

Zeno Clash is pretty awesome and I'm glad to see it go on sale. I bought it day one at full price, and while I don't regret it, I think 600 is more of a fair price, considering how short it is. That said, it's very different from your average FPS, and I enjoyed it a lot.

Not too difficult to 200/200 on the gamerscore front either if you care about that sort of thing.

Zeno Clash is pretty awesome and I'm glad to see it go on sale. I bought it day one at full price, and while I don't regret it, I think 600 is more of a fair price, considering how short it is. That said, it's very different from your average FPS, and I enjoyed it a lot.

Not too difficult to 200/200 on the gamerscore front either if you care about that sort of thing.

Very nice deals this week and next. Picked up Hard Corps Uprising, will be getting Torchlight and Stacking next week.

Gonna get Hard Corps Uprising this week and probably stacking next week. Gonna wait till 7/1 to get Hard Corps Uprising to see if Xbox Live Rewards has any % back for next month.

I got Stacking on launch day, at full price, and it was totally worth it. At 600 pointy things, I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Majornelson.com also says that Family Game Night DLC will be on sale June 30 - July 4th. My question is, does anyone have an opinion on how much fun any of the three expansion titles are, that were not included on the disc-version? Namely, Jenga, Pictureka, and Connect 4x4? I may be interested in getting one or two of them, but am curious which are the most fun. Thanks!

[quote name='Tsel']I'm looking at X-Men, Lara Croft and Torchlight. Suggestions? I may just hold out to see if Bad Company 2 or Left 4 Dead 2 DLC goes on sale anytime soon, even thought they're going to lose the Member's Choice DOTW.[/QUOTE]

Lara Croft might be the best Tomb Raider game yet, though its most fun played co-op.

X-Men is nostalgic fun if you were a fan of the arcade, and might be enjoyable if you haven't played it but are a fan of old school beat-em-ups, but might not be so fun if you didn't start playing games until after the 16-bit era was over.

I haven't played Torchlight, so I can't help you much there, but I've heard its very average -- like if you've played a ton of RPGs, you could potentially find it dull, but if you've only played a few RPGs and are looking for one to play on XBLA, you might have fun.

I really recommend Lara Croft for it's co-op if anyone has a friend they could play with. I had a blast with it at $15, I definitely recommend it at $7.50

Also, I might be picking up Trenched. I'm kind of low on points right now, is it worth picking up?

It is a great game is you enjoyed Borderlands and regular tower defense. You pretty much place turrets where you want and can customize your trench a TON! If you war into that kinda stuff then yes its a sure buy. The downside is that the game has no survival/endless mode or hard mode. It gets easy as heck one you get the mega weapons later in the game so I hope some DLC will remedy that but all in all a great game well worth buying.

Only two I don't have this week isHard Corps and Zeno Clash. I played the trials and think I will pass again on zeno clash. Hard Corps I'm not sure about. Next week getting stacking and torchlight for sure. Might get the Dantes DLC if I can find where I put my copy.

[quote name='bsmiff']A few pages back I asked the same about 1942 JS. Someone thought it has been on sale, but a few people chimed in to say it's a bad game regardless of price. I'm not totally convinced though. I like the original and Mark from CGR gave it the thumbs-up...[/QUOTE]

Wrote the FAQ for the game and I enjoyed it. It's a good sequel to the original games even if it's not quite as fleshed out as they were. The Achievements are challenging but doable.

On the topic of the sale, sweet! Finally bought Hard Corps: Uprising and Zeno Clash. Looking forward to Stacking too.

Zeno Clash's art style is grotesque and terrifying but as a first person beat-em-up it is second to none. If you have any love for the old style beat em ups, I recommend it wholeheartedly.

Lara Croft is even better. If you don't have it for PC or 360, you absolutely should. It's on sale all the time so nab it at some point.

Not convinced on Hard Corps myself.

I think Comic Jumper is a waste of money and time. Youtube it to consume the comedy without the lousy gameplay.

[quote name='RollingSkull']
Lara Croft is even better. If you don't have it for PC or 360, you absolutely should. It's on sale all the time so nab it at some point.

Not convinced on Hard Corps myself.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering what your thoughts would be on Hard Corps... We like similar types of games I think ;) (but I like Treasure lol)

I think I will buy Lara based on your recommendation. I will be picking up Hard Corps as well, as I am a big Contra fan.

Now to clear off some space on my TINY 20gb hard drive lol.

My thoughts on Hard Corps are that I don't think it's the sort of game I would like. Always more of a Metal Slug fan myself, but it isn't the sort of thing I think I can make any sort of objective statement about.

Lara Croft is clever and fun in single player. Co-op makes it even better, if you can manage it.

Great great sale today and good stuff on the way! Not only is XBL back, but it's just in the nick of time because I was B O R E D with everything else and nothing has interested me lately. I picked up Lara Croft and will definitely get Stacked next week. Planning on HMH tomorrow, too. Seriously, excellent timing.

im debating picking up lara croft and i think the fact that the tmnt game will be gone from the marketplace soon and the nostalgia i have for it is making me consider it as well but all of the horrible reviews aren't letting me pull the trigger.

i kinda figured it would be on sale this week but they should have marked it down even lower to sell as many copies of it as they can, while they can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard Corps -- I'm the type of player who absolutely hates games that reach levels of want-to-throw-controller-at-the-wall frustration, so at first it seemed like a game that wouldn't be for me. But "Rising" mode is pretty interesting in that every time you die, you've still earned points to level up your character. So every time you play, the game gets a little more doable, and you get a little farther. In the end, I had plenty of fun leveling up my character and gaining new abilities. But without that, I probably would've lost interest and never finished it, like so many of the old NES games I played back in the day.

Finally stuff to spend points on.
I already have Lara Croft. I played it for a few minutes and was quite fun. I'll play it at some point. I recommend it based on the first 5 minutes. :)
Definitely picking up Stacking and The Dante Inferno DLC.
Torchlight is very tempting. It's a really fun game but I already have -and beat- it on the PC. Any reason to pick up the XBL version other than for the achievements?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']i didn't pick up x-men when it was 200 msp. I didn't have my xbox at the time. Also I didn't get comic jumper for 600 because i had a feeling that it would eventually get cheaper and little did I know I was right. Planning on picking up those two and perhaps getting the new COD maps.[/QUOTE]

From what I remember, Comic Jumper never dropped tp 600msp. It dropped to 800 the first time it went on sale, and then dropped to 400 from 1200. This is the 3rd time it went on sale.

[quote name='Xealot42']Nice. I've been waiting for Stacking to go on sale.

I wonder if the DLC will be discounted as well. Is it worth picking up?[/QUOTE]I would wait until it's on sale. It's more of the same, which is fine, but you'll probably beat it in an hour or so. There is additional achievements (50G), though.

[quote name='Cheapskate']Hard Corps -- I'm the type of player who absolutely hates games that reach levels of want-to-throw-controller-at-the-wall frustration, so at first it seemed like a game that wouldn't be for me. But "Rising" mode is pretty interesting in that every time you die, you've still earned points to level up your character. So every time you play, the game gets a little more doable, and you get a little farther. In the end, I had plenty of fun leveling up my character and gaining new abilities. But without that, I probably would've lost interest and never finished it, like so many of the old NES games I played back in the day.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'm the same kind of player like you, but since this game has "Rising" mode, I'll pick it up.

[quote name='ooga']Finally stuff to spend points on.
I already have Lara Croft. I played it for a few minutes and was quite fun. I'll play it at some point. I recommend it based on the first 5 minutes. :)
Definitely picking up Stacking and The Dante Inferno DLC.
Torchlight is very tempting. It's a really fun game but I already have -and beat- it on the PC. Any reason to pick up the XBL version other than for the achievements?[/QUOTE]
Here's a list of changes from the official site.

[quote name='Thrinn']Here's a list of changes from the official site.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Virtually the same content. I'll give it to the end of the week and see if I want to spend points on it. With the way sales have been of late (ie sucky) I may not have anything better to spend points on. Plus the more people buy the game the more likely the developer will reconsider porting it to XBLA.

[quote name='Jabrim']Is Comic Jumper any good? I have heard nothing about it, I got excited thinking it was Costume Quest at first.[/QUOTE]

Most people would say it's a mediocre game. Give it a try yourself you may be in the minority.

[quote name='ooga']Most people would say it's a mediocre game. Give it a try yourself you may be in the minority.[/QUOTE]

I liked it personally =/

Think I will just wait for Stacked to go on sale in a few days, been looking forward to getting one of the games from that developer.

[quote name='drStaton']debating on picking up lara croft and i think fact that the tmnt game will be gone from the marketplace soon and the nostalgia i have for it is making me consider it as well but all of the horrible reviews aren't letting me pull the trigger. [/QUOTE]

I am not sure why TMNT got all those terrible reviews. Maybe it was too much nostalgia. I went in knowing it was an arcade port and I never played the SNES version so I was very happy. The updated graphics made it better and I have enjoyed it with my kids. Ubi did what they could with the license and I think it is worth the $5. Could it be better? Sure but every game can be better.

Try the demo and buy it if it will give you $5 of entertainment.

[quote name='Jabrim']Is Comic Jumper any good? I have heard nothing about it, I got excited thinking it was Costume Quest at first.[/QUOTE]
It's definitely Twisted Pixel's worst game (until Gunstringer comes out herpa derp derp derp) but a mediocre Twister Pixel game is still better than any other average game. It's worth 400 easily, not the first time it's been that either.
But yeah it's a bit of a dull run and gun.

[quote name='Exu']It's definitely Twisted Pixel's worst game (until Gunstringer comes out herpa derp derp derp) but a mediocre Twister Pixel game is still better than any other average game. It's worth 400 easily, not the first time it's been that either.
But yeah it's a bit of a dull run and gun.[/QUOTE]

You trollin'? I get that hating on Kinect is hip and MS moving an XBLA title to a full retail release is a bit shady, but at least wait for the game to come out and get some reviews under its belt before saying it's a pile of excrement.

Everyone grab Torchlight. I wish I could get a good deal on a 4000 pt card or 1600. Might just grab one off Amazon for $46.

probably going to pick up lara croft later tonight.
i hear the coop is a lot of fun but none of my friends ever seem interested in arcade games so i hope the single player keeps me entertained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back