XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad I didn't wait on Torchlight considering it's only down to 800. It was worth every penny and I already fully completed one character play-through.

Stacking for 600? Nice. Double Fine is amazing so I'm going to check out the demo.

I bought Comic Jumper when it was initially down to 400 played, the demo thought it was ok and bought it, but never went back to it.

Half minute Hero demo was a little too ridiculous for me lol.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Well, the story on HMH is as good as i remember. Finding myself getting stuck as early as stage 6 and 7 already.

From what i played of the Multiplayer last night, i dont even think the word frantic describes it. But god it was hilarious/fun.[/QUOTE]How different are the other modes (Princess, Evil Lord, & Knight)? I know they've been redesigned to play more similar to Hero 30, but is it for the better?

If I don't win a code for the game, I'll buy it in a few days. So glad I'll be able to try the multiplayer out this time.

[quote name='Zonic505']How different are the other modes (Princess, Evil Lord, & Knight)? I know they've been redesigned to play more similar to Hero 30, but is it for the better?

If I don't win a code for the game, I'll buy it in a few days. So glad I'll be able to try the multiplayer out this time.[/QUOTE]

No idea currently, still havent unlocked yet.

Though, judging by the menu, im guessing theres going to be downloadable Map's soon.

I wasn't sure what to expect from HMH, but I'm pleasantly surprised. Hard to spend 800 points if only because of my backlog, but I might get it relatively soon.

The HMH demo didn't impress me much, the analog controls are bad and i don't get what the heck is going on in combat you are just basically running into to enemies to kill them. Hoping Bastion is good cuz i got buku points to spend...also hope next weeks "free member" deal is better than HAsbro, i don't have kids so that game night crap is useless to me.

I am debating picking up a few Hasbro titles. I basically would only play them with females that come over or if the younger siblings come to visit. Are any of them really worth it even for 400 msp?

[quote name='OblivionScamp']The HMH demo didn't impress me much, the analog controls are bad and i don't get what the heck is going on in combat you are just basically running into to enemies to kill them. [/QUOTE]

Well then you do get it. You collide and damage each other, then repeat.

[quote name='ZForce915']Thanks. I'm ready to drop 400 each to finish out the XBLA set.[/QUOTE]

Hell Yeah, Me too.

[quote name='BrolyB593']I am debating picking up a few Hasbro titles. I basically would only play them with females that come over or if the younger siblings come to visit. Are any of them really worth it even for 400 msp?[/QUOTE]

I've played through all of the hasbro games on the disc (not the 3 DLC exclusives). The one that I think it definitely worth 400 pts in Scrabble. Yahtzee might also be worth 400 pts. At least those two games make you think a little bit more than games like Battleship. It all depends on your preferences, but I recommend Scabble first and Yahtzee second.

Half Minute Hero is fun, if you buy it. Demo only has the first 3 levels which are very simple and easy. Do NOT use analog, use the dpad.

So, is Gatling Gears still on "sale" for 800 points or is that a permanent price drop? I would imagine that game hasn't sold well at all considering there is only TWO pages of threads over at Gamefaqs. Like that site or not, the traffic over there usually coincides well with the popularity of a game.

I definitely need to pick up Torchlight next week.

Picked up Backbreaker: Vengeance this morning not expecting much. Man was I in for a surprise! Turns out this game is incredibly fun!

Natural Motion really outdid themselves with this game. Loads of content for $15 bucks. Online is a little laggy, but other than that, I'm having a blast!

Very pleased with my purchase and I urge all others to check it out!

It's basically like Trials: HD except you control a man with a football in his hands instead of a guy riding a motorcycle. Think of it as an obstacle course time trial game with awesome hilarious animations.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Hell Yeah, Me too.

I've played through all of the hasbro games on the disc (not the 3 DLC exclusives). The one that I think it definitely worth 400 pts in Scrabble. Yahtzee might also be worth 400 pts. At least those two games make you think a little bit more than games like Battleship. It all depends on your preferences, but I recommend Scabble first and Yahtzee second.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what he said. Picture the actual board games - then picture the ease of playing them on your TV. Something that is nice about Scrabble is the built in word recognizer. It will warn you if it is not an acceptable word and also helps that way with spelling. This works against you if you want to play with house rules or slang though. The only thing I don't like about it is the inability to look at your letters when it is not your turn.

Last time when Costume Quest was on sale it didn't get taken off the day it was suppose to until the end of the day. I think Gatling Gears is absolutely worth the 800 points, even if that is a permanent price drop it is still worth it to me.

Backbreaker Vengeance sounds like the Backbreaker Iphone games, the Tackle Alley stuff. It sounds worth a shot but I couldn't imagine dropping $15 on that, even with proper Euphoria tackles. Will give the demo a whirl though.

[quote name='OblivionScamp']The HMH demo didn't impress me much, the analog controls are bad and i don't get what the heck is going on in combat you are just basically running into to enemies to kill them.[/QUOTE]

That's basically what HMH is. The trick is to work fast, grind fast, beat the boss fast, and solve whatever gimmicks are on the table fast. It really like playing the most generic RPG ever except with a stringent time limit and the fast forward button held down every second of the game.

Wonder what Deadliest Warrior: Legends is?
The first DW supposedly sold very well. It seems silly that they launch a sequel so soon, but I can't blame them for that money. If they release it at $10 and it's even a small step above the original, I might dig in.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Backbreaker Vengeance sounds like the Backbreaker Iphone games, the Tackle Alley stuff. It sounds worth a shot but I couldn't imagine dropping $15 on that, even with proper Euphoria tackles. Will give the demo a whirl though.[/QUOTE]

I have not played the iPhone version, so I can't compare the two.

There are three modes of play in Backbreaker: Vengeance --

Tackle Alley (you vs. the entire defense)
Vengeance (you vs. ball carrier and his blockers)
Supremacy (4 players on the course at the same time competing for the best score; each wave, the lowest of the 4 scores has to play defense)

Each mode of play has 20 challenges, with each challenge comprised of 5 waves. That makes 100 waves per mode (actually, only 50 waves in Supremacy mode).

Every part of the game can be played online, plus you get online leaderboards for each mode, as well as another cumulative leaderboard for all modes.

I feel like I've already gotten my $15 worth after the first day. The game is just plain fun!

Reminds me of old school arcade games like Robotron 2084 and Smash TV more than it does any football games, really.

Million Dollar Man pack for WWE All Stars is finally out. I don't even care about the quality of the new talent, they're getting bought because I love WWE All Stars and feel bad for its relatively lackluster commercial performance.

I actually have the Backbreaker console game but I hadn't put much time into it (When you have Blitz The League 2, you scarcely need other football games. Even the more simulationist ones feel kinda weaker. ;) ). I'll need to see if this is just the tackle alley and the like stripped out from that game or fully original content. Backbreaker can be had for $20 on a good day and has had a patch recently to help bump it better than review scores had. If I remember when I get back to my console, I'll let you guys know.

This does sound like a souped up version of the Iphone games though. Those were always hits in the Iphone deals thread so I can definitely understand the appeal. Maybe I will love the demo $15 worth.

[quote name='biledriver']Wonder what Deadliest Warrior: Legends is?[/QUOTE]

This is a new game from 345 Games studio based on Comedy Central and Spike networks. They have a new lineup of games coming.

picked up uprising, going to get stacking and torchlight as well. on the fence about zeno clash... anyone recommend this game? i looked into it but that didnt help sway me one way or the other...

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']picked up uprising, going to get stacking and torchlight as well. on the fence about zeno clash... anyone recommend this game? i looked into it but that didnt help sway me one way or the other...[/QUOTE]
Completely ignoring the awful style, Zeno Clash is a dang good first person beat-em-up. Try the demo. If you like that style of fighting and want more, give it a go.

It's kinda like Dark Messiah, only with the classic beat-em-up sensibilities of Streets of Rage and the like. Heavy knock back hits, throwing, etc.

In for

Comic jumper
Zeno clash
Half minute hero
And maybe a family game night game??

Next week torchlight!!

Was I the only one who found the stacking demo boring?

This Hasbro sale is going to be bad, in my opinion. All of the games are 800 MSP and probably won't drop lower than 50%. Virtual Jenga for $5? Sounds awful.

[quote name='Blade']This Hasbro sale is going to be bad, in my opinion. All of the games are 800 MSP and probably won't drop lower than 50%. Virtual Jenga for $5? Sounds awful.[/QUOTE]

However Scrabble, Yahtzee, and Boggle are all quite good and worth $5 each IMO. If the games actually dropped below 50%, I'd probably consider picking up a few of the others too.

[quote name='Zonic505']How different are the other modes (Princess, Evil Lord, & Knight)? I know they've been redesigned to play more similar to Hero 30, but is it for the better?

If I don't win a code for the game, I'll buy it in a few days. So glad I'll be able to try the multiplayer out this time.[/QUOTE]

They are basically one quest each now. From what I have heard, the PSP versions each had 30 levels, so I guess it depends how you look at it. One of the complaints I read about the PSP version was that the other modes could have been connected better. I think having them be one quest does that, but fans of the original may feel they are being cheated. I will see what I can find out about DLC plans for the game.

Not sure if it has already been discussed, but just thought I would throw this out there: "Comic Jumper is getting a big discount this week down to 400 MSP, and that it's regular price is being permanently dropped to 800 MSP." Via Twisted Pixel.

400 points, doesn't look gold only.

battleship
connect 4
yahtzee
boggle
jenga
Pictureka
connect 4x4

They didn't lower the price of all the FGN games such as Scrabble and the Sorry games.

Only ones I don't own are Jenga and Connect 4x4 and still not sure if they are work 5 bucks to me.

Looks like all the family game night games will be 400msp. Was hoping for a couple to dive down to 200msp. Some of those games might be worth 200 but not 400.

Sorry if I missed any replies in the past few pages, but I don't think there were any. I'm still looking for opinions/reviews on the three Family Game Night titles that weren't on the disc: Jenga, Pictureka, and Connect 4x4. Are any of them actually fun to play, and worth the 400 points? Thanks!

[quote name='Bradisback']
Was I the only one who found the stacking demo boring?[/QUOTE]

I bought stacking for 1200 points and got 100% in the game. The puzzles and game are very creative.

The worst thing about it... it's kinda boring. The setting and characters are clever and well done, but not all that interesting. If someone explained the game to me, I would think wow.. sounds like it might be boring, so really I think they did the best they could.

My girlfriend told me when I was playing "I'm not sure i would like this game" i.e. "looks sorta slow and boring"

They really did a much better job with trenched in making a game, setting, and characters that would be interesting to the masses.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']400 points, doesn't look gold only.

battleship
connect 4
yahtzee
boggle
jenga
Pictureka
connect 4x4

They didn't lower the price of all the FGN games such as Scrabble and the Sorry games.

Only ones I don't own are Jenga and Connect 4x4 and still not sure if they are work 5 bucks to me.[/QUOTE]

Sorry is one of the games I need. I hope it updates to 400 points later.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']In for Comic Jumper. Heard the gameplay is kind of boring but the humor and art style(s) are top notch.[/QUOTE]

I might disagree on the humor being more than just mildly amusing, but that could be because as a long-time comics fan who has encounter plenty of parodies, I've heard most of the jokes before (though it did make me laugh a few times, like the kid towards the beginning finding school less of a chore than reading the main character's comic). The only thing I thought seemed cool about the game was the concept of jumping into different styles of comics.

I've got all of the Family Game Night games and they're all fun to play and still have an active online multiplayer community. Lots of fun if you have family & friends over especially and eliminates the mess of a board game, cleaning up, keeping track of stats and such. It'll seem expensive buying them all at once for $5 but I wouldn't regret it.

We could probably even setup a cag family night if people wanted to play. Looking forward to the next deals now..

[quote name='Cheapskate']I might disagree on the humor being more than just mildly amusing, but that could be because as a long-time comics fan who has encounter plenty of parodies, I've heard most of the jokes before (though it did make me laugh a few times, like the kid towards the beginning finding school less of a chore than reading the main character's comic). The only thing I thought seemed cool about the game was the concept of jumping into different styles of comics.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the live action trashing of the protag's comic made me chuckle.

I will respectfully disagree with you on the game's humor. I found it almost always pretty snappy, despite several weak bits here and there. One of the things that made me like it was the fact that it was aware of what made parody good. So many games and movies think parody is just self reference. But thinking back to Spaceballs, what were the lines you remember the most? The ORIGINAL jokes there. Not the references. Comic Jumper played up the characters and innate humor they brought to the table more than the references, I think.

That said, the game is still garbage but I liked the humor.

i second what rollingskull has to say. humor is great, and i wanted to like this game a lot. But some parts are so cheap and frustrating i havent gone back to finish it and get my smiley head avatar award. at 400 i will recommend, but prepared to hate some gameplay. twisted pixel is homegrown here so i tend to give them the benefit of the doubt.

ps- any austin based cags who can locate and obtain schwag please message me :)

[quote name='bajingo']

ps- any austin based cags who can locate and obtain schwag please message me :)[/QUOTE]

I got some homies down its not to hard to find. Tip goto a reggae concert you will have all kinds of options.

I'm gonna wait til tomorrow and see what the July Reward for their loyalty program will be. I do want to by Trenched and a few FGN games. We'll see if it will be 5% back for July.

[quote name='vlv723']I'm gonna wait til tomorrow and see what the July Reward for their loyalty program will be. I do want to by Trenched and a few FGN games. We'll see if it will be 5% back for July.[/QUOTE]
I thought this was the last month though.

[quote name='Jhuntley']I thought this was the last month though.[/QUOTE]

It can be extended at microsofts discretion. So I doubt its going away, it better not i have 80 points in there. If they do disband the rewards they better give all remaining ponts in balance to the users.

Looks like TMNT isn't on sale anymore. It's still listed as part of the DotW, but when you try to purchase it comes up 800msp.

[quote name='kvadair']Looks like TMNT isn't on sale anymore. It's still listed as part of the DotW, but when you try to purchase it comes up 800msp.[/QUOTE]

It's probably just a sign of its death rattle before it's taken off the Marketplace today/tomorrow.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Is Torchlight for $10 a good deal or should I wait for $7.50?[/QUOTE]

Say it in Microsoft points. Even I feel guilty quibbling over $2.50 for a game. 200 points sounds like a bigger difference. I'm waiting on 400-600 for Torchlight.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Is Torchlight for $10 a good deal or should I wait for $7.50?[/QUOTE]

$10 seems fair for Torchlight. I'll bite at that price.

I buy all of my points at approx 75% of retail but I still hate "overspending" on games. When I buy a game at 800 points I know I'm really only paying $7.50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back