XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BrolyB593']I have been having a blast with Hard Corps: Uprising; though some of the Arcade mode achievements are going to prove to be quite difficult..[/QUOTE]

After playing 100 games (spread across either mode), you unlock unlimited credits for both Arcade and Rising modes. Then only the Achievement for beating Arcade without dying will be hard.

[quote name='eastx']After playing 100 games, you unlock unlimited credits for both Arcade and Rising modes. Then only the Achievement for beating it without dying will be hard.[/QUOTE]

100 arcade or rising? or both?

I've been grinding credits and I could easily get maxed before I get even close to 100 games but I could just kill myself over and over again with limited lives/credits to speed it up.

Killing yourself repeatedly in Arcade mode would be the easiest way to unlock unlimited credits, but games in either mode count toward unlocking them.

EDIT: Chrono's right, turning off lives in Rising Mode is even better.

[quote name='eastx']Killing yourself repeatedly in Arcade mode would be the easiest way to unlock unlimited credits, but games in either mode count toward unlocking them.[/QUOTE]

Sweet thanks! That'll come in handy if I get the DLC characters. My Bahamut is already at about 86%.

EDIT: I realize now you are referring to continue credits not credits to spend in the shop. Guess I need to go farming then. : /

Also FWIW you can do Rising mode and turn off all the boosts and have only 2 lives and 1 life bar. It'll go by fastest that way I would imagine.

[quote name='eastx']After playing 100 games (spread across either mode), you unlock unlimited credits for both Arcade and Rising modes. Then only the Achievement for beating Arcade without dying will be hard.[/QUOTE]

I'm not seeing this tip anywhere online. Have you done this or is this a terribly annoying rumor? I'd hate to waste the time...

Those looking for a great game to pick up at 800 msp should pick up "Beyond Good & Evil HD". Fantastic game. Well worth the price. It's actually the only XBLA game in my collection that I bought at full price.

The cash grind in HCU is ridiculous. I should have replayed the demo over and over to get cash for the starter characters.

That said, none of it will actually help me beat the last boss. Damn pit instakills.

[quote name='ooga']Those looking for a great game to pick up at 800 msp should pick up "Beyond Good & Evil HD". Fantastic game. Well worth the price. It's actually the only XBLA game in my collection that I bought at full price.[/QUOTE]

Might do that on the last day If I can remember.

[quote name='RollingSkull']The cash grind in HCU is ridiculous. I should have replayed the demo over and over to get cash for the starter characters.

That said, none of it will actually help me beat the last boss. Damn pit instakills.[/QUOTE]

I found a super fast cash grind method.

Get to level 2's sub-boss and make sure you have a Plasma(?) weapon (forget the exact name already)

Charge it up and shoot all the gators and shoot down the bombs when you can to keep your combo growing. I got up to a 70+ combo and I rack up ~80 million credits in a few minutes. I've bought all the upgrades available for my first character and still have 50M credits left for the unkown stuff. Once you get the rhythm down (like everything else in HCU) it's a snap. Just wish the credits would go into a general pool that any character can use. Hate to have to start all over again with another character.

[quote name='ooga']Those looking for a great game to pick up at 800 msp should pick up "Beyond Good & Evil HD". Fantastic game. Well worth the price. It's actually the only XBLA game in my collection that I bought at full price.[/QUOTE]

I might have to pick that up; I feel bad for buying my Xbox copy used.

Also, TMNT Reshelled is now unavailable, and I'm starting to regret not picking it up.

Give us a damn release date for Dungeon Defenders Microsoft! You've been "testing" the game for two months now! (and preferably BEFORE the Summer of Arcade bs, I'm not waiting until after August for this...)

[quote name='xTyDiRiUmx']Give us a damn release date for Dungeon Defenders Microsoft! You've been "testing" the game for two months now! (and preferably BEFORE the Summer of Arcade bs, I'm not waiting until after August for this...)[/QUOTE]

I almost want them to test the hell out of it. Look at what happened with Full House Poker. They rushed it out the door to include it in the spring games and the online multiplayer is still messed up. Otherwise I'm completely with you I want that game day 1.

At this point, I almost don't care WHEN they release. I just want a FIRM release date so we know when to expect it. It looks great and has gotten great reviews from well-known publications, but the whole "we'll release it when we feel like it" from MS is beyond bad...

Bought X-Men finally.

Can't say I regret it. I'm loving that game, though there were a few slowdown moments, probably due to other players joining in.

For some reason I remember the TMNT game being more enjoyable as a kid, but the X-Men game I'm finding now to be more entertaining.

Anybody pick up hard corps and regret it. Was thinking about picking up commando wotb cuz I grew up playing commando games.

But hard corps sitting there at 600 points tempting me.

I can pick up either game and stoll have enough left to get torchlight tomorrow!!!

Think im gonna pass on stacking it just seems boring as fuck

[quote name='Bradisback']Anybody pick up hard corps and regret it. Was thinking about picking up commando wotb cuz I grew up playing commando games.

I can pick up either game and stoll have enough left to get torchlight tomorrow!!!

Think im gonna pass on stacking it just seems boring as fuck[/QUOTE]

I played about 2/3 of the way through Hard Corps when it came out and have no desire to ever go back. I found it extremely dull. If you like grinding out levels for no other reason than to move forward and grind out more levels, you will like it. You do get some upgrades, but they don't make the game more fun, they just make it easier to do more grinding.

[quote name='Bradisback']Anybody pick up hard corps and regret it. Was thinking about picking up commando wotb cuz I grew up playing commando games.

Think im gonna pass on stacking it just seems boring as fuck[/QUOTE]

I purchased hard corps a few days ago while it was on sale and regret it in a sense, but kinda glad I bought it in case if family & friends wanna play it at least I got it for half price. I played the game for an hour, got bored and never went back to it. Like others have said, it's more like grinding and there isn't too much fun after awhile. But hey, you could do some co-op online also.

Tried stacking, not much to it just going to pass on it too. Torchlight i'll get it.

~>Talked to Bob earlier, he said there is a surprise coming up for the summer and to be on the lookout for some great deals ;)

[quote name='intoxicated662']~>Talked to Bob earlier, he said there is a surprise coming up for the summer and to be on the lookout for some great deals ;)[/QUOTE]

If Bob says it it must be true! All Hail Bob!

In all seriousness who's Bob? Is that AceyBongos? Otherwise you're not helping.

That being said I hope he's right after all, who doesn't love a good sale? Keep them coming Microsoft!

[quote name='Chrono Gear']If Bob says it it must be true! All Hail Bob!

In all seriousness who's Bob? Is that AceyBongos? Otherwise you're not helping.

That being said I hope he's right after all, who doesn't love a good sale? Keep them coming Microsoft![/QUOTE]

Microsoft Bob? Let's hope not.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']WTF does something from over 10 years ago have to do with xbox aracde games being on sale.[/QUOTE]

I believe it was some sort of attempt at a joke.

[quote name='jdawgg76']I recommend buying Hard Corps thru the demo as when I played the demo it attempted to entice a purchase by offering in game cash (and maybe an ability upgrade or something) if you unlock it thru the demo as opposed to a straight purchase from the marketplace or website. 600 msp is tempting me.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads-up, but it didn't work for me. Did it work for you?

I played through the Rising Mode demo. Afterwards it gave me a screen that said if I buy now I get 30,000,000 bonus CP. I pressed 'X' to "buy now", bought the game, selected "Continue" on the Marketplace popup to return to the game. When I went into the store, I had 24,000,000-ish CP which I guess I earned while playing the demo.

I returned to the title screen, then attempted to go back into the game. A popup said that I had no save data and had to create a new save file. I did, and now I'm back to the default 15,000,000 CP.

It's not a big deal since I seemed to be able to earn 10,000,000 CP in about 5 minutes. I'm just curious what went wrong.

[quote name='nCogNeato']Thanks for the heads-up, but it didn't work for me. Did it work for you?

I played through the Rising Mode demo. Afterwards it gave me a screen that said if I buy now I get 30,000,000 bonus CP. I pressed 'X' to "buy now", bought the game, selected "Continue" on the Marketplace popup to return to the game. When I went into the store, I had 24,000,000-ish CP which I guess I earned while playing the demo.

I returned to the title screen, then attempted to go back into the game. A popup said that I had no save data and had to create a new save file. I did, and now I'm back to the default 15,000,000 CP.

It's not a big deal since I seemed to be able to earn 10,000,000 CP in about 5 minutes. I'm just curious what went wrong.[/QUOTE]
For some reason it doesn't save your playthrough during the demo, but that 15,000,000 CP is for each default character so 30,000,000 total so you still got it. It just didn't save the points racked up beforehand.

Ohh man im still on the fence about hard corps. Just as much negatives as there are positives. I just dont want another grind it out game. I already have castlevania hd for that.

I guess i have a cpl of hours to figure it out

[quote name='Bradisback']Ohh man im still on the fence about hard corps. Just as much negatives as there are positives. I just dont want another grind it out game. I already have castlevania hd for that.

I guess i have a cpl of hours to figure it out[/QUOTE]

It is a grind it out game, and if you don't want another, don't get it. That said, it is really fun, so get it.

BAM!

(Happy 4th, Dudebros)

[quote name='bardockkun']For some reason it doesn't save your playthrough during the demo, but that 15,000,000 CP is for each default character so 30,000,000 total so you still got it. It just didn't save the points racked up beforehand.[/QUOTE]

The 15,000,000 per character is a given when you start a new game, regardless if you buy the full game in-game or on the web. So the 30,000,000 "bonus" was simply a gimmick?

/disappointed

[quote name='nCogNeato']The 15,000,000 per character is a given when you start a new game, regardless if you buy the full game in-game or on the web. So the 30,000,000 "bonus" was simply a gimmick?

/disappointed[/QUOTE]I didn't get it as I felt it was a $5 game after trying the demo. I have a huge backlog so I get pickier about pricepoints now. Tempted though. I just thought I'd point out what I saw when I tried the demo. Sux that it didn't work out for you.

Anybody have any opinion on Lara Croft or Comic Jumper? I played both demos and for 600 and 400 pts respectively, they both seem worth it if the demos are accurate.

[quote name='nCogNeato']The 15,000,000 per character is a given when you start a new game, regardless if you buy the full game in-game or on the web. So the 30,000,000 "bonus" was simply a gimmick?

/disappointed[/QUOTE]
Yeesh, if that's the case then I guess I got shafted too.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Anybody have any opinion on Lara Croft or Comic Jumper? I played both demos and for 600 and 400 pts respectively, they both seem worth it if the demos are accurate.[/QUOTE]

Lara Croft is meh. I bought it when it went on sale during the big end of year sale last year and I regret it. I was bored before even finishing the first level.

Comic Jumper is a good game with god awful controls and frustrating save points. I would say it is worth MAX 400 points. I did manage to slog my way through it because I wanted to see where the story went. If you are swimming in points and 400 doesn't really matter I'd pick it up. If you can only afford to pick up a game every now and then I would hold off for something better.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Anybody have any opinion on Lara Croft or Comic Jumper? I played both demos and for 600 and 400 pts respectively, they both seem worth it if the demos are accurate.[/QUOTE]

Comic Jumper is lousy, but if you thought that demo was good then you may as well dig in.

Lara Croft is fantastic in SP and even better in co-op. I highly recommend it.

[quote name='Bradisback']Ohh man im still on the fence about hard corps. Just as much negatives as there are positives. I just dont want another grind it out game. I already have castlevania hd for that.

I guess i have a cpl of hours to figure it out[/QUOTE]
HCU isn't really a grind it out game like CV HD is. HCU just gives points for standard run throughs of the game which you can then buy to up your abilities/lives etc on future run throughs. It incentivises practice/failed runs.

Comic Jumper is alright, playing through it right now and the dialogue in the game is great. Gameplay wise it could use a bit more polish (the shooting on rails missions come to mind), but it's not really bad per say just could've used more time. That and at times it does feel like there's some rather cheap ways the game tosses enemies and obstacles at you. So it's alright.

Lara Croft is great though. Easily one of my favorite XBLA games so I'd say this.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Another vote for Lara Croft. I think Chrono Gear just doesn't like the game type, because it's really well made.[/QUOTE]

Yea that's probably the case. Most people dig it but I just can't get through the first stage without getting bored to tears for some reason. I guess I should try finding an multiplayer partner to see if they make it more interesting. I didn't say it was a bad game, just not my cup of tea I guess. I really wanted to like it but just couldn't for some reason. A rare miss for me and IGN. I am consistently within +/= 1 point on my personal review scale of whatever they score pretty much anything but I would have probably scored it like a 6.5/7.0 and I don't think that's giving the game a fair shake.

My suggestion is try the demo and see what you think.

I hate a lot of games but I can't see how anyone could dislike Lara Croft and still like games. Not to jump on you, but I just can't see how someone might dislike it.

Just a recommendation, something that's turned me around on stuff like HCU. Come back in a month's time when you can't remember much about the game but how boring it was and give the demo another whirl. You might find the fun again.

If not, forget it. As much as I hate to see someone who doesn't get the joy I do out of it, there's no sense forcing it.

Croft is great in co-op, but it should also be fun by itself. Even RE5 and Army of Two and the like had solid fundamental gameplay without a second player (In my opinion. RE5 was still weak though, but the fundamentals were there.)

I've been holding off on Stacking for a discount.... good to know it's happening tomorrow :D That AND Torchlight coming out on XBLA? My backlog increases -_-

[quote name='RollingSkull']I hate a lot of games but I can't see how anyone could dislike Lara Croft and still like games. Not to jump on you, but I just can't see how someone might dislike it.

Just a recommendation, something that's turned me around on stuff like HCU. Come back in a month's time when you can't remember much about the game but how boring it was and give the demo another whirl. You might find the fun again.

If not, forget it. As much as I hate to see someone who doesn't get the joy I do out of it, there's no sense forcing it.

Croft is great in co-op, but it should also be fun by itself. Even RE5 and Army of Two and the like had solid fundamental gameplay without a second player (In my opinion. RE5 was still weak though, but the fundamentals were there.)[/QUOTE]

I'll certainly give it another shot, but for now I think it'll have to go into the small backlog I have of arcade games. I haven't touched it since December but for the moment I am switching back and forth between HCU and Castlevania SOTN (had the itch after finishing with Castlevania HD). I'm very likely going to jump into a 2nd playthrough of inFAMOUS shortly as I scored a cheap copy of the Hero Ed. of the sequel and am super eager to see where that story goes. And then I'm possibly going to finish Oblivion since I have the 5th year anniv. ed. coming whenever that releases.

Realistically there are just so many games out there if a game doesn't hit you just right there are 10 others waiting for you to try and enjoy. I'll have to see if I can get a coop partner and give it another whirl on Wednesday. I have such eclectic taste it's really hard for me to not like a good game in just about any genre. Even the occassional FPS or sports game will catch my eye if it really stands out-I really want to try NBA 2k11 sometime even though I haven't played a basketball game this entire generation, unless NBA JAM counts :D.

I personally didn't like Lara Croft that much, however, my GF doesn't play games but she actually enjoyed going through it co-op with me.

So it's definitely a good game to get a non gamer friend/SO into games.

Man, I find it REALLY hard to pay the $10 for Torchlight when I got it on Steam for half that...If you don't have access to steam however, it's a FANTASTIC game, highly recommended!

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Lara Croft is meh. I bought it when it went on sale during the big end of year sale last year and I regret it. I was bored before even finishing the first level.
[/QUOTE]

Man, Chrono bringing the hate again.

Lara Croft is quite a fun little platformer/X-Men Legends style game. Even more fun if you have a friend to play co-op with.

[quote name='ass-assassin']I personally didn't like Lara Croft that much, however, my GF doesn't play games but she actually enjoyed going through it co-op with me.

So it's definitely a good game to get a non gamer friend/SO into games.[/QUOTE]

I'll second that. My GF isn't a big gamer but really enjoys playing this co-op.

I bought Scrabble if anyone's down for a game, along with HCU. Will buy Stacking after work today.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Man, I find it REALLY hard to pay the $10 for Torchlight when I got it on Steam for half that...If you don't have access to steam however, it's a FANTASTIC game, highly recommended![/QUOTE]

So do I, however, playing it from the couch will make it worth it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back