XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
So it can only be assumed that the winner from the Poll (Mass Effect 2 iirc) would be the DotW for 7/26. I have been putting off getting "The Arrival" just in case it was part of the winning DotW.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']It appears the Stacking Family Gold deal is dead. It shows 1200 points on xbox.com. Is it any different if using the console to access marketplace?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the family pack deals are only for one week. Think of them as a bonus deal of the week.

[quote name='wakawakawa']Avatar is pretty much this, although it gives you 1000g for hitting the button like 30 times in a row. The funny thing is that.... I believe Major Nelson has 1000/1000 in it.[/QUOTE]

The rest of the sentence mentioned the remaining gamerscore (50G) would come from more normal types of goals at one point each: some through normal playthrough, some actual achievements, some from exploratory play. Anyway, it is funny that even Microsoft acknowledges Avatar having easy gamerscore in their 2010 E3 press conference. It was in the context of an insulting to women demonstration of Video Kinect ("we're girls, and girls like to talk") when they showed off a trailer for The Last Airbender, they cited the game to enhance gamerscore.

So the humor of that segment of the 2010 E3 press conference to gamerscore was lost due to the horrendous offensive portrayal of women. I kind of expected the 2011 E3 press conference to go something like this:

[** NOTE: the following may be offensive, it is Micorosft's script. Remember this is not reflective of our beliefs, but the words expressed are that of Microsoft's script]

MS-VP: Last year we demonstrated how easy it was to stay in touch with friends and family through Xbox Live and Video Kinect. This year I would like to welcome back Lolipop and Velveteen ...

Velveteen (in avatar form): Hey everyone, hey Lolipop!
:: Lolipop is sits in front of her own Kinect and another avatar shows up on the screen
Lolipop: So how do you like your Kinect
Velveteen: Oh, I love it, I'm using it while I am in the kitchen right now!
Lolipop: I know, isn't it great? It's so simple.
Velveteen: Say, I've been meaning to ask you, I can hear your voice, but I see our avatars doing the talking. How is it doing that?
Lolipop: I think it looks at our face and makes us become our avatars. It's really complicated and so hard for us girls.
Velveteen: It is! You know we only have 1/6th the size of a man's brain, it's a science fact.
Lolipop: Just like how your gamerscore is just 1/6 as good.
Velveteen: Nuh-uh~. My gamerscore is totally hip.
Lolipop: Hehe. Hey check this out, with Avatar Kinect you can even move your hands and feet.
Velveteen: That is so neat. I'm glad Micorosft made the Kinect, it makes talking so much easier.
Lolipop: I know, right? It gives us the time to do what we girls know best, sewing and being pregnant. So wave goodbye to the screen, it's time for us to go.
Bye.

[** NOTE: I reiterate, the proceeding script was Microsoft, and not indicative to my beliefs]

Well, that was my parody based upon the previous years' press conferences. Of course my expectations were shattered when MS actually topped my prediction with a finely crafted narrative of forbidden taboo bro-love through the conduit of Kinect avatar football. That is the work of a master.

Anyway, back on topic with XBLA deals, I purchased Ms. 'Splosion Man, now I still have to decide what other 800MSP XBLA title to qualify for the 200MSP rewards return. I have narrowed the field down to Omega V, KOF Sky Stage, KOF98UM, KOF2k2UM, NeoGeo Battle Colosseum, and Garou:MotW. I have taken Soul Calibur off my short list, upon some web research, that game may have once been a deal of the week, in Japan, sometime in August 2009; so I hold a glimmer of hope that I may see it at under 800MSP one day.

On a final note, Ms. 'Splosion Man is very fun to those who loved the original 'Splosion Man game like I. :)

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']The Warhammer 40K Kill Team would have been an instant buy for me if it had Online Multiplayer. I mean I guess I see what they were going for bc Warhammer is a gather and play with friends game, but it's 2011 everything should have online multi. I don't even actually play Warhammer and I liked the demo enough to want to play it online with a friend and it'd count towards the buy 2 800 promotion, but without it?
No purchase. What a shame.[/QUOTE]
I felt the same way. The demo was pretty cool, but I found myself wanting to play it coop online to really get the most enjoyment out of it. At least there's local multiplayer, but I probably wouldn't purchase it.

So despite my extreme distaste for Splosion Man I couldn't help but check out the Ms. Splosion Man demo-it's only fair to judge a new game on its own merits after all. Gotta say she says some down right hilarious stuff. I'm actually almost interested in buying it. Almost.

Hey, I just bought RDR and am loving it, and want to know, is UN worth it if I'm only interested in the other DLC that comes with it. I don't know if I'll play the UN part of it, but I would use the other two, so is it worth it for that, or should I wait till it goes on sale again?

Chrono, I agree wholeheartedly. Saw nothing good in Splosion Man but Ms. Splosion Man, I'll probably buy that on sale. The two levels we got were actually not that bad. Nothing groundbreaking but better than most.

Obi, I don't know what you're talking about RDR had 3 packs of DLC. Liars and Cheats, Legends and Killers, and UN. UN is a whole new zombie campaign that is great as well as zombie horde survival in MP. The other two are MP skin packs and one new SP weapon each (Tomahawks and an explosive rifle that isn't as cool as it sounds.) that also have a few MP modes but who gives a crap?

The RDR DLC is on sale about as often as you expect so you can weigh the value as you see fit but I don't think the DLC is worth the money outside of the UN campaign which is great.

I'm glad to have picked up Torchlight when it was on sale I'll kill 2 birds with 1 stone really. I'll buy Bastion as part of the SoA deal and at the same time I'll get 200 msp from xbl rewards for July.

I liked the Demo for Warhammer 40k enough to purchase it at some point (waiting for a sale).

Still playing Torchlight from last week & enjoying it, although I WISH they had the ability to adjust difficulty on the fly. I started on Normal & by level 10 I realized I had not even come close to dying once. Now level 25 and still no deaths. Plowing through everything. I actually stopped assigning Stat and Spell points a few levels ago as a way to try and even things out a bit.

OFF TOPIC: Am I the only one that sometimes gets re-directed to xbox.com on this forum? I often have to load a page and hit the Stop Button to prevent it from happening.

Do CAGs in this thread also play Games for Windows? How are the deal of the week sales on G4W? This week is Batman: Arkham Asylum for $14.99 or 1200 MS points.

I am thinking of getting it but I am not familiar with the DRM. Does it work like on Xbox? If I buy it will other accounts be able to play it on my PC?

I can't seem to find any details on the DRM.

So far away.

Apart from Contra 4, Wayforward averages out to be pretty good, and despite the changes, the Bloodrayne franchise will always have a special place in my heart.

[quote name='Spylon']Do CAGs in this thread also play Games for Windows? How are the deal of the week sales on G4W? This week is Batman: Arkham Asylum for $14.99 or 1200 MS points.

I am thinking of getting it but I am not familiar with the DRM. Does it work like on Xbox? If I buy it will other accounts be able to play it on my PC?

I can't seem to find any details on the DRM.[/QUOTE]

Arkham Aslyum has been on sale for $7.50 many times on Steam and I think once or twice on GfW as well, but I could be wrong about that. The weekly sales aren't anything special, but they had a big sale late last year. Lots of pretty good games for a buck or two and Age of Empires III for 10 cents or 10 msp.

edit: Lowest I'm finding for GfW is $12.50. I may have been thinking of another service like D2D.

[quote name='Zonic505']BloodRayne: Betrayal confirmed to be released August 31st, though no word on price.[/QUOTE]

I believe one of the representatives of the game at E3 said it was to be 1200MSP. While Bloodrayne: Betrayal looks good to me, the price makes me wait for it to go on sale. I can only hope the Indie Game, They Bleed Pixels, also due out soon could be priced low to steal a bit of Bloodrayne's thunder and give me the strength to wait ^^.

I hope this will take just a bit of my Microsoft points:
[youtube]SF4Pygb9nXY[/youtube]

[quote name='Crono-00']I believe one of the representatives of the game at E3 said it was to be 1200MSP. [/QUOTE]Yup, I just checked & you're correct.

I might try the demo out, but I don't know if I'd get it for $15.

Hmmmm....seems like I wont't be buying anything the rest of the month. That'll give me time to play my massive backlog of games(Enslaved, here I come!) And save ms points for next month....unless some killer Rock Band tracks come out next Tuesday

[quote name='Royal High Knight']am i the only guy who is still waiting to see what the july reduced game/s are? People have posted that it's dlc for red fraction, but I doubt that would be it.[/QUOTE]

IIRC there was a Fallout 3 DLC listed for 400msp alongside the Red Faction DLCs. Like one of the previous poster's had said it was up for a minute then gone.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']am i the only guy who is still waiting to see what the july reduced game/s are? People have posted that it's dlc for red fraction, but I doubt that would be it.[/QUOTE]

For RF: Guerilla? That would be nice. I've been waiting for that DLC to go on sale forever.

So, has Case West been on sale before. I already have it and I know I told myself I would only pay $5 for it.

It's also too bad that The Sacrifice DLC for L4D is not also on sale. :(

[quote name='ravens52bears54']For RF: Guerilla? That would be nice. I've been waiting for that DLC to go on sale forever.

So, has Case West been on sale before. I already have it and I know I told myself I would only pay $5 for it.

It's also too bad that The Sacrifice DLC for L4D is not also on sale. :([/QUOTE]

1. If you read some posts before people have stated that some RF 1 stuff has gone on sale. Not the new red fraction.
2. Case West was on sale before and I can't seem to pull the trigger because it seems boring since your locked inside one location.
3. Stop waiting for that L4D 2 DLC. I doubt it will go on sale, so that's why I bought it along time ago.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']1. If you read some posts before people have stated that some RF 1 stuff has gone on sale. Not the new red fraction.
2. Case West was on sale before and I can't seem to pull the trigger because it seems boring since your locked inside one location.
3. Stop waiting for that L4D 2 DLC. I doubt it will go on sale, so that's why I bought it along time ago.[/QUOTE]

I'm confused? So you're saying it's on sale now or it has been on sale in the past? And you know it's Red Faction and not Fraction, right?

[quote name='ravens52bears54']For RF: Guerilla? That would be nice. I've been waiting for that DLC to go on sale forever.

It's also too bad that The Sacrifice DLC for L4D is not also on sale. :([/QUOTE]

Here are the links to the Red Faction: Guerrilla Price Drops (This is actually part 3.)
Red Faction®: Guerrilla™ Multiplayer Pack
Red Faction: Guerrilla - Demons of the Badlands

And yes Case West has been on sale before, here is that history:
Full Game - DEAD RISING 2: CASE WEST

These were all pulled from:
price drops & [email protected]

Disclosure: xbldb.com is my site.

[quote name='reddjoey']I'll add the drops when they hit the dash[/QUOTE]

I wish I would have gotten some screenshots. They were on the dash but then disappeared.

Can anyone recommend DR2 : Case West @ 400msp to someone who has only played about 30 minutes of any DR game? I'm sure it's been discussed at some point, but hopefully not in the last page or so because that'd make me look awfully lazy.

[quote name='handsomepete']Can anyone recommend DR2 : Case West @ 400msp to someone who has only played about 30 minutes of any DR game? I'm sure it's been discussed at some point, but hopefully not in the last page or so because that'd make me look awfully lazy.[/QUOTE]

I would say no. I thought Case Zero was awesome, so I picked up Case West the last time it was on sale and didn't enjoy it nearly as much.

[quote name='handsomepete']Can anyone recommend DR2 : Case West @ 400msp to someone who has only played about 30 minutes of any DR game? I'm sure it's been discussed at some point, but hopefully not in the last page or so because that'd make me look awfully lazy.[/QUOTE]
I Say pass. Unless you got a friend who REALLY needs a co-op partner in it, it isn't really worth it. ESPECIALLY after playing Case Zero and enjoying it well enough with a friend and then playing DR2 and I've had MORE then enough of my share of Dead Rising as a whole. Also this is all coming from someone who thinks there's barely enough zombie games.

Demons of the Badlands is great. Better than the whole of Armageddon. If it is in fact on sale and you enjoyed Guerrillas' single player I recommend getting it.

They Bleed Pixels looks like something I would buy as a proper XBLA release depending on the amount of content. There really are some gems hidden amongst a sea of truly awful flash games in the Indie Games.

There are some really fantastic indie games, never have trouble finding good ones to feature on the site.

Went to go buy the Left 4 Dead 2 DLC but I apparently already bought it when it was on sale before... sad that I can't even keep track.

[quote name='matto1233']Is there ever going to be a sale on Earthworm Jim? It feels like I've been awaiting one since the day it came out.[/QUOTE]

There was a "Worm" themed week a while ago that included EWJ.

[quote name='matto1233']Is there ever going to be a sale on Earthworm Jim? It feels like I've been awaiting one since the day it came out.[/QUOTE]

It was 50% off for DOTW in November

You were also able to get it for free when it first came out if you created a JP account and d/l from there.

[quote name='skiizim']You were also able to get it for free when it first came out if you created a JP account and d/l from there.[/QUOTE]

This.

Well I always said I'd get Demons of the Badlands if/when it had a price drop, so I guess now it's time for me to do it!

[quote name='BudzMcGee']There are some really fantastic indie games, never have trouble finding good ones t feature on the site.
[/QUOTE]

Where is a good place to get some recommendations/reviews for indie games? Twin Blades was my first and it got me curious to see how many other quality indie games are out there.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']http://writingsofmassdeduction.com/

No, it's not my site. I don't have a site :)[/QUOTE]

That site seems pretty good. I haven't seen it before. I'm always interested in the latest indie games so I'll keep an eye on it.

Another good site is http://www.armlessoctopus.com/category/reviews/ . They don't review a ton of games but they tend to focus on the higher quality ones.

A few of my favorites are:

Miner Dig Deep
Your Doodles are Bugged
Breath of Death VII
Epic Dungeon
Akane the Kunoichi

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']http://writingsofmassdeduction.com/

No, it's not my site. I don't have a site :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link, but is there a list of top 20 titles or a place that assigns a grade to each game so you can find the best games without going through all of the games on the site?

I wish something could be done about not being able to play indie games offline as my xbox is usually not online but I understand why it has to be that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back