XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crookshow']I'm well aware of that fact. Doesn't change anything. Ever heard of Valve time? The DLC hasn't been released for the PC yet either (Cold Stream is still in beta) so I don't see your point.

Furthermore, from a July 7th post:

EDIT: Apologies for the slight derail. Just don't like seeing people spreading misinformation.[/QUOTE]

well I've given up on the game. Keep your hopes up for that dlc. ;)

Damn. I bought Red Dead Redemption from goHastings used on Amazon yesterday so I could buy the zombie dlc while it was still on sale. Hastings must have oversold their inventory on their sale as they canceled my order today. Now I'm stuck with no RDR (next copy is $7 more) and zombie dlc that I can't play until I get RDR. Thanks a lot goHastings fuck

Can anyone familiar with Mass Effect 2 answer a question for me? What's the deal with the Cerberus Network DLC? Does that come with every new copy of the game?

[quote name='drawingboard']Can anyone familiar with Mass Effect 2 answer a question for me? What's the deal with the Cerberus Network DLC? Does that come with every new copy of the game?[/QUOTE]
Yes, and it isn't that great. It just gives you some free armors, a shitty companion, and a mission where you pick up dogtags from the Normandy crew.

[quote name='drawingboard']Can anyone familiar with Mass Effect 2 answer a question for me? What's the deal with the Cerberus Network DLC? Does that come with every new copy of the game?[/QUOTE]

Yep, it does.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Yes, and it isn't that great. It just gives you some free armors, a shitty companion, and a mission where you pick up dogtags from the Normandy crew.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='goodbyetonight']Yep, it does.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I guess that's EA's equivalent of having on Online Pass charge for this game. Although its 1200 M$ pts. Weak.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Yes, and it isn't that great. It just gives you some free armors, a shitty companion, and a mission where you pick up dogtags from the Normandy crew.[/QUOTE]

Zaeed shitty? He was one of my favorites. The only thing I didn't like about him is that he didn't get fully fleshed out dialogue, but Kasumi is the same way and costs extra even if you buy the game new.

[quote name='goodbyetonight']I don't know if it's part of the Deal of the Week sale or not, but Mass Effect 2's Arrival DLC is 280 points right now. Just picked it up.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I've been waiting for this.

I have no ME2 DLC, I was hoping to swoop them up all at once. What are the chances ME2 gets a GOTY? With ME3 being delayed, isn't it likely we see one sometime this fall/winter?

It looks like there won't be another 800 point game on sale by the end of the month tso I can get the 200 point rebate. Suppose I will have to buy a regular price arcade title if I want it, and that is probably not worth it for only 200 points. Bummer.

[quote name='harry hood']I have no ME2 DLC, I was hoping to swoop them up all at once. What are the chances ME2 gets a GOTY? With ME3 being delayed, isn't it likely we see one sometime this fall/winter?[/QUOTE]

I think a GOTY is likely. Of course it'll probably be $30. Last year ME2 was $10 a couple of times and the three big DLC packs were $2.50 each on sale right after Christmas. If they do that again this year it might be a cheaper way to go. I would bet on the GOTY having DLC codes anyway since the game already takes up two discs.

[quote name='goodbyetonight']I don't know if it's part of the Deal of the Week sale or not, but Mass Effect 2's Arrival DLC is 280 points right now. Just picked it up.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Just scooped it up.

[quote name='louiedog']I think a GOTY is likely. Of course it'll probably be $30. Last year ME2 was $10 a couple of times and the three big DLC packs were $2.50 each on sale right after Christmas. If they do that again this year it might be a cheaper way to go. I would bet on the GOTY having DLC codes anyway since the game already takes up two discs.[/QUOTE]
Gotcha. So it's economical to get the DLC for 260-280 points a piece, and buy a copy for about $10 (seems to be the going rate on ebay/amazon/trade sites). I'm just hoping all the DLC is on sale.

[quote name='bajingo']anyone else having problem downloading this? i keep getting an error.[/QUOTE]
yea me too... what gives?

[quote name='shosh']so no gta dlc this week? that was what i was trying to get.[/QUOTE]

Why? It has been explained that the RETAIL DISC can be had (NEW, no less) for less than the cost of the DLC on sale this week for Live. Just go buy the disc.

[quote name='KillingMachine']Zaeed shitty? He was one of my favorites. The only thing I didn't like about him is that he didn't get fully fleshed out dialogue, but Kasumi is the same way and costs extra even if you buy the game new.[/QUOTE]
I hated him, worst character in the game besides Jacob in my opinion. Seemed like a store brand Boba Fett.

[quote name='bajingo']anyone else having problem downloading this? i keep getting an error.[/QUOTE]

Probably has something to do with today's mandatory update.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I hated him, worst character in the game besides Jacob in my opinion. Seemed like a store brand Boba Fett.[/QUOTE]

Well, at least we can agree on Jacob and leave it at that. :)

[quote name='KillingMachine']Well, at least we can agree on Jacob and leave it at that. :)[/QUOTE]
*highfives!* That we can!

Here's hoping that Overlord goes on sale! I neeeeeed it. If the weapons also got discounted I'd probably pick them up, too.

Is Arrival the last Mass Effect 2 DLC or is there going to be one more? I thought I heard there was going to be another, but I can't remember

[quote name='lolwut?']Is Arrival the last Mass Effect 2 DLC or is there going to be one more? I thought I heard there was going to be another, but I can't remember[/QUOTE]

It's the last ME2 DLC. It's a bridge story between 2 and 3.

[quote name='bajingo']BTW, its back up to 560 on the final purchase page. not sure what the hell is going on i just want some discounted DLC![/QUOTE]
'twas probably a mistake discount. They will likely honor all purchases since it'll just go on sale again next week.
I wonder if that is going to be the only dlc on sale though, since the others weren't mistakenly discounted. That would be a shame, I hope they all get the 50% off treatment.

[quote name='harry hood']'twas probably a mistake discount. They will likely honor all purchases since it'll just go on sale again next week.
I wonder if that is going to be the only dlc on sale though, since the others weren't mistakenly discounted. That would be a shame, I hope they all get the 50% off treatment.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, everytime I checked the player poll for DOTW, Mass Effect 2 was leading, and it said the sale would be in July, and since next week is the last week of July, so my guess is that it was a mistake and supposed to be next week.

[quote name='bajingo']i hate it when i miss the flukes![/QUOTE]

It would never let me complete the transaction if it makes you feel better.

I picked up The arrival DLC at launch. Really disappointed with it. It does bridge the gap..but i thought it was real short. I still think Legend of the Shadow Broker was the best DLC for ME 2.

These deals were going pretty well for a while. The past few weeks though the quality has really gone down. Hopefully they bring it back up again soon.

[quote name='bajingo']BTW, its back up to 560 on the final purchase page. not sure what the hell is going on i just want some discounted DLC![/QUOTE]

I guess I got lucky that I bought it in the morning. Not that it really matters since I won't even start to play ME2 until after I finish FO3 and one other game in between (hopefully, GTA4).

[quote name='integralsmatic']I picked up The arrival DLC at launch. Really disappointed with it. It does bridge the gap..but i thought it was real short. I still think Legend of the Shadow Broker was the best DLC for ME 2.[/QUOTE]

This has been why I have been waiting for it to go on sale, I just heard it was short and it really wasn't anything special

Legend of the Shadow Broker is still my favorite though ;)

I think I liked Zaeed the best too. Just loved the way he said "Firin' an impact shot" or "SIT DOWN". Also liked his gun story.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I hated him, worst character in the game besides Jacob in my opinion. Seemed like a store brand Boba Fett.[/QUOTE]Don't knock Zaeed so quickly. He turns out to be a needed squad mate on an Insanity playthrough, because he's the only one that can give you Squad Disruptor Ammo, which becomes a necessity when everyone has shields and barriers.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Here's hoping that Overlord goes on sale! I neeeeeed it. If the weapons also got discounted I'd probably pick them up, too.[/QUOTE]Firepower Pack is a must-have, since it gives you the Mattock rifle. Once you use it, you won't go back to any other assault rifle.

[quote name='integralsmatic']I picked up The arrival DLC at launch. Really disappointed with it. It does bridge the gap..but i thought it was real short. I still think Legend of the Shadow Broker was the best DLC for ME 2.[/QUOTE]The story was a little weak, though the combat at the end of the game was very satisfying, as was the end of the mission. I thought it was worth the money.

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']Legend of the Shadow Broker is still my favorite though ;)[/QUOTE]No question there. Great from top to bottom, especially the second half with the Shadow Broker.

Wow I am glad I bought ME2 the arrival yesterday. This might be the first time that I was able to get in on a fluke.

Time to finish ME2.

I'm fairly certain you'll see the same Arrival deal go back up next week. Someone just hit the button prematurely. I hope so anyway because based on what I've heard, the DLC isn't really worth more than a few bucks.

Story goes just like it has in years prior. This time, it ain't all that simple.

Kid finds the first of what's to come. Said he would hold off until later, but he gives it a try. Starts off to see if he can silence the man talking, sure enough he can. The kid thinks about it and decides not to, would hate to miss out on the story.

He begins, feeling things out, finds it is like an old friend. An old friend named the devil. Plays with it more, and sees controls unique to the system, nice touch. Looks around. It's pretty, has all the colors of the spectrum. He finishes contented. "One day," he said, "but not now."

Kid looks around finds all the reason he needs: "costs a bit much," "can wait for later, holidays maybe," and "getting all of them is not rewarding enough." The kid is reminded of his mistakes in the past: fell asleep on the thongs. Sure those were cheaper, but had no joy. It hangs as a regret for the kid.

Kid knows it is not the fault of the creators, they did mighty fine work, just wished those with more power did more to help it along, price maybe. Perhaps those in power overestimated their ability, forcing some to wave around and pay more for something costing less elsewhere. Those in power could be greedy, expecting everyone to go five for five and give them more ... only for a pittance in return. "Not I," proclaims the kid, "I have patience!"

[youtube]8wgqaep1TlA[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Doctor Who']Anyone know this weeks Family Gold Pack Deal?

Cheers[/QUOTE]

The Family Pack Deal of the month is a once week sale, usually the first week of the month. Thus no Family deal until August.

Sure hope the arrival goes on sale again and today was just a premature fluke. Only DLC I don't have.

The GTA DLC is awesome in my opinion and at this price it is stupid to not get them both. I preferred The Lost and the Damned but that's just cause I liked how it intertwined with the base story more.

[quote name='shrike4242']Don't knock Zaeed so quickly. He turns out to be a needed squad mate on an Insanity playthrough, because he's the only one that can give you Squad Disruptor Ammo, which becomes a necessity when everyone has shields and barriers.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, Zaeed is one of the all-around best characters for Insanity and I don't get why people don't like him. Squad Disruptor Ammo for geth missions, Inferno Grenade vs. organics, and damage bonuses for the Incisor and Mattock add up to one absolute beast of a character.

[quote name='Spylon']The Family Pack Deal of the month is a once week sale, usually the first week of the month. Thus no Family deal until August.[/QUOTE]

That I didn't know, I thought it was just like DOTW. Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back