XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shrike4242']Don't knock Zaeed so quickly. He turns out to be a needed squad mate on an Insanity playthrough, because he's the only one that can give you Squad Disruptor Ammo, which becomes a necessity when everyone has shields and barriers.

Firepower Pack is a must-have, since it gives you the Mattock rifle. Once you use it, you won't go back to any other assault rifle.

The story was a little weak, though the combat at the end of the game was very satisfying, as was the end of the mission. I thought it was worth the money.

No question there. Great from top to bottom, especially the second half with the Shadow Broker.[/QUOTE]

I hated Zaeed. I feel like his add-on was the worst. I played through insanity as an adept and had no need for him. Truth be told, I use Katsumi nearly the entire time. Talk about turning the game onto easy mode. All I did was knock down shields/barriers then direct her to execute people.

[quote name='crookshow']I'm fairly certain you'll see the same Arrival deal go back up next week. Someone just hit the button prematurely. I hope so anyway because based on what I've heard, the DLC isn't really worth more than a few bucks.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear!
cheers.gif

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I just noticed this year's Summer of Arcade deal. Apparently, if you buy Bastion, From Dust, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, Fruit Ninja Kinect, and Toy Soldiers: Cold War before August 23rd, you get Crimson Alliance and "all three characters" free. So spend $70, get a $10/$15 game and its DLC for free. I'll pass. In case someone's interested, though...

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Marketplace/Free-Crimson-Alliance-Offer[/QUOTE]

They shouldn't make you buy fruit ninja, since lots of people don't have kinect.

[quote name='clickpow']They shouldn't make you buy fruit ninja, since lots of people don't have kinect.[/QUOTE]

That's been my main issue with this year's deal as well. I do have a Kinect (free beta one) but I really don't have any interest in the game. I mean it's sort of free since you get the other game but that's not the point.

Also in past years they'd usually have 2 tiers for the deal. Something like, buy 3 get 600msp or buy 5 get 1200.

[quote name='clickpow']They shouldn't make you buy fruit ninja, since lots of people don't have kinect.[/QUOTE]

They're not making you buy anything. It make sense to reward people who've bought more of their products (namely kinect).

[quote name='Jabrim']Nice, thanks for the head's up.[/QUOTE]

Yup agreed thanks a lot. Just got the Arcade Triple Pack f/ BB so an extra level on top of that already great deal is great. Thanks!

Ms. Splosion Man also has the first "challenge" level this week. It is technically a free download level but it goes away when the challenge is over. The top three win prizes as well as one random person who gives it a shot. Kind of a cool feature to add. You access it in game as opposed to the marketplace.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Im sorry I didn't know where else to put this, but check out the last fighter for the 4 pack dlc for MK. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaSBkBDcepM[/QUOTE]

Thanks, awesome. This character fits perfectly in my opinion. I haven't and didn't plan on buying and extra charters but Fred. Man, I may have to break down and get him.

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']Thanks, awesome. This character fits perfectly in my opinion. I haven't and didn't plan on buying and extra charters but Fred. Man, I may have to break down and get him.[/QUOTE]

I just finished watching the movie like 2 hours ago and decided to jump on the computer to order something, then I see this on youtube and im like WTF. I hope this isn't some type of cruel joke by Neathrealm. I will buy the season pass mostly just for him and rain. Kenshi im not that big one and skarlet is meh.

For those who got Bastion, how is it? I tried the demo and thought it was pretty decent (I dig the narrator voice). I'm trying to decide if I should buy it so I can get The Maw with it for free or perhaps wait until it's $10.

[quote name='Azul_KoolAid']Slightly off-topic but anyone know of any deals going on for MS points? The CAG in me doesn't want to buy a 4000 card from Amazon if I don't have to.[/QUOTE]

wrong thread my friend.

[quote name='Azul_KoolAid']Slightly off-topic but anyone know of any deals going on for MS points? The CAG in me doesn't want to buy a 4000 card from Amazon if I don't have to.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean in-store deals? I ask because Amazon totally has 4000 points on sale right now for $45 with your choice of digital delivery or free shipping. Newegg has the same price. There's a thread for it. It comes right up in a search for points.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Live-4000-Points/dp/B000NDRT62?tag=cheapassgam08-20

In the future you should go to the official thread, not here.

[quote name='louiedog']Do you mean in-store deals? I ask because Amazon totally has 4000 points on sale right now for $45 with your choice of digital delivery or free shipping. Newegg has the same price. There's a thread for it. It comes right up in a search for points.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Live-4000-Points/dp/B000NDRT62?tag=cheapassgam08-20[/QUOTE]

I meant any kind of deal and I was referring (vaguely) to the $45 card deal. I know points have been on sale for cheaper than that. Thanks for the reply.

[quote name='Zonic505']For those who got Bastion, how is it? I tried the demo and thought it was pretty decent (I dig the narrator voice). I'm trying to decide if I should buy it so I can get The Maw with it for free or perhaps wait until it's $10.[/QUOTE]

It's well worth the asking price, plus the game studio that made it is indie and just got together (7 people) and they worked on the game for about 2 years. Well worth it and great way to start the SoA deal. Do remember, the maw has been on sale before for $5 so for $15 you're getting 2 games. Good deal!!

All the wait for the July price drops deal and it's..Red Faction Guerilla dlc which I doubt many if any people still play it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zonic505']For those who got Bastion, how is it? I tried the demo and thought it was pretty decent (I dig the narrator voice). I'm trying to decide if I should buy it so I can get The Maw with it for free or perhaps wait until it's $10.[/QUOTE]

It's well worth the asking price, plus the game studio that made it is indie and just got together (7 people) and they worked on the game for about 2 years. Well worth it and great way to start the SoA deal. Do remember, the maw has been on sale before for $5 so for $15 you're getting 2 games. Good deal!!

All the wait for the July price drops deal and it's..Red Faction Guerilla dlc which I doubt many if any people still play it.

The demo is fairly representative of the game. It gets a little better when you get more weapons and the different buildings. I like it, I'm suprised it's getting so much praise. It's a charming game so I guess certain people really like the art and narrator.

I also really like bastion a lot. I played a little over three hours last night. The way you can upgrade your weapons is really cool. As others have said the artwork and music are top notch. And although I thought the narrator was going to be annoying and repetitive, he really does grow on you. Definitely worth getting both this and the maw for $15.

I was looking at the giant bomb quicklook (man are those guys annoying to listen to), and ... is this game just a dual-stick shooter? It sure looked that way in the video. I'll still try the demo, but definitely have lessened hopes for the game. Though if it's more then just run around in circles and shoot, I'll be more interested.

[quote name='crunchewy']I was looking at the giant bomb quicklook (man are those guys annoying to listen to), and ... is this game just a dual-stick shooter? It sure looked that way in the video. I'll still try the demo, but definitely have lessened hopes for the game. Though if it's more then just run around in circles and shoot, I'll be more interested.[/QUOTE]

If you're talking about bastion, its not a dual stick shooter

[quote name='Brother Daz']If you're talking about bastion, its not a dual stick shooter[/QUOTE]

Ok. Good. However in their video, they were running around in circles and shooting at enemies, dual-stick shooter style, and that pretty much seemed to be it. Admittedly I didn't stick through the whole thing. It was impossible. I did skip ahead and everywhere I ended up, they were running around in circles and shooting in the same arena type thing, just somewhat different enemies. I presume, then, that it was just a really crappy quicklook.

[quote name='crunchewy']Ok. Good. However in their video, they were running around in circles and shooting at enemies, dual-stick shooter style, and that pretty much seemed to be it. Admittedly I didn't stick through the whole thing. It was impossible. I did skip ahead and everywhere I ended up, they were running around in circles and shooting in the same arena type thing, just somewhat different enemies. I presume, then, that it was just a really crappy quicklook.[/QUOTE]

yeah you have one bow(crossbow) that has a automatic fire, that can be upgraded to hold 16 shots. I imagine thats the bow he was using in the video. the only thing mapped to the right stick is the reload (click to reload). its actually a pretty fun game once you get a little into it. I definitely recommend it!

[quote name='crunchewy']Ok. Good. However in their video, they were running around in circles and shooting at enemies, dual-stick shooter style, and that pretty much seemed to be it. Admittedly I didn't stick through the whole thing. It was impossible. I did skip ahead and everywhere I ended up, they were running around in circles and shooting in the same arena type thing, just somewhat different enemies. I presume, then, that it was just a really crappy quicklook.[/QUOTE]

I think they said something at the start of the video about not wanting to have any big spoilers, so they were just doing an arena to show off a little gameplay.

Has anyone picked up Kill Team? I really liked the Demo and was thinking of making it my other 800 point game for the 200 rebate. I've not seen many reviews for it and wanted another gamers perspective.

I kicked myself for missing the GTA4 Ballad of Gay Tony deal earlier this year when I was desperate for a game to play, but now that I have a backlog I'm not sure if I should wait for a drop to 400 points or not. The Lost and Damned dropped to 800 normally close to 2 years after its release and BoGT would be 2 years in October. Even if that does happen, I would still have to wait for another sale though.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Has anyone picked up Kill Team? I really liked the Demo and was thinking of making it my other 800 point game for the 200 rebate. I've not seen many reviews for it and wanted another gamers perspective.[/QUOTE]

I've been thinking the same thing. Its seems to be a middle of the road (average score around a 7/10) game. Fun and pretty impressive graphics, but very repetitive. Also no online co-op, only local. I think I'm also going to check out the demo and go from there.

[quote name='avalanche4']I kicked myself for missing the GTA4 Ballad of Gay Tony deal earlier this year when I was desperate for a game to play, but now that I have a backlog I'm not sure if I should wait for a drop to 400 points or not. The Lost and Damned dropped to 800 normally close to 2 years after its release and BoGT would be 2 years in October. Even if that does happen, I would still have to wait for another sale though.[/QUOTE]

Buy it on disk and then you can recoup expense through the used market. No brainier when it can be had for less than $15.

NEWS on the RE remakes. Resident Evil 4 HD will be available to download on September 20th, while Resident Evil Code: Veronica HD will hit Xbox LIVE a week later on September 27th.

Link- http://www.trueachievements.com/n4677/resident-evil-hd-gets-release-dates.htm

From what people say both games are going to be games on demand. Hopefully that isn't the case. If it does happen to be GOD then hopefully you can buy with MSP since i have quite a bit.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']NEWS on the RE remakes. Resident Evil 4 HD will be available to download on September 20th, while Resident Evil Code: Veronica HD will hit Xbox LIVE a week later on September 27th.

Link- http://www.trueachievements.com/n4677/resident-evil-hd-gets-release-dates.htm

From what people say both games are going to be games on demand. Hopefully that isn't the case. If it does happen to be GOD then hopefully you can buy with MSP since i have quite a bit.[/QUOTE]

Microsoft has already said that both games will be Games on Demand releases.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']
From what people say both games are going to be games on demand. Hopefully that isn't the case. If it does happen to be GOD then hopefully you can buy with MSP since i have quite a bit.[/QUOTE]

You cant buy GoD with MSP anymore? I have purchased a couple, just go to the checkout screen and hit X (or is it Y?), it will switch to MSP. I was glad when I found that out myself.

[quote name='downsouthtigger']You cant buy GoD with MSP anymore? I have purchased a couple, just go to the checkout screen and hit X (or is it Y?), it will switch to MSP. I was glad when I found that out myself.[/QUOTE]
You press X on the GOD screen before you purchase to switch to microsoft points.

[quote name='Master Troll']You press X on the GOD screen before you purchase to switch to microsoft points.[/QUOTE]

Thanks didn't know that, but Microsft is retarded and overprice everything so hopefully that isn't the case with these two games. Gotta save money for gears, batman, saints, cod, battlefield, etc, etc....

Is RE4 HD going to have anything new to make it worth the investment? I've bought this game three times already and, while it is totally worth dipping as many times as it comes up, I don't see myself going beyond the Wii version without a good reason.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Is RE4 HD going to have anything new to make it worth the investment? I've bought this game three times already and, while it is totally worth dipping as many times as it comes up, I don't see myself going beyond the Wii version without a good reason.[/QUOTE]
Apparently it's going to include Seperate Ways and Assignment Ada, along with the 1000 gamerscore. I've only owned RE4 on the Gamecube and I have held out on the Wii version for this one because I like to have all of my entertainment in the same place. Other than that I can't say for sure that it'll be worth the purchase for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back