XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Spylon']Sorry if this is a repost. There is a huge sale on MS Studios DLC, you have to press "next" at the bottom to see them all:
http://xbldb.com/offer-history/price-changes/price-drops-sales/[/QUOTE]

To be clear, some of that stuff is no longer on sale. It's history info too.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']So, apparently next week's DotW is chnaging your GamerTag. WTF?
http://majornelson.com/2011/07/26/coming-soon-to-the-xbox-live-marketplace-7/[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's a weird one. And it's $7 to change your gamertag? On sale? I guess I won't be changing mine any time soon.

The most shocking bit of all is that they are actually going to charge 240 points for Kinect Labs gadget Kinect Sparkler. What?!?!?

[quote name='crunchewy']To be clear, some of that stuff is no longer on sale. It's history info too.[/QUOTE]
Since the Major has announced the Microsoft Game Studios DLC sale, I'd assume all of those were intended to be on sale, as is evidenced by the date/time stamps. Keeping track of historical prices is part of the free service Spylon gives to the community, and I'm grateful for it.

Anyone think the Halo Wars DLC is worth the 400/DLC? I have an older version of the game and was not planning on spending $20 on 2 expansions but I might spend $10 if they are worth the time.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']So, apparently next week's DotW is chnaging your GamerTag. WTF?
http://majornelson.com/2011/07/26/coming-soon-to-the-xbox-live-marketplace-7/[/QUOTE]

Complete slap in the face to your most 'loyal' customers imo. Only the die-hard or seriously harassed (or someone with too much disposable income) would drop 800 pts on a name change. I can understand why it isn't free (I guess, everyone should get one name change for free imo) but that's not the type of service that should ever get a 'sale.'

Either charge 800 pts or don't, don't offer a DOTW on it.

Just to clarify I've never paid for a name change.

Anyone successfully download Fable III's Traitor's Keep DLC? It shows up as 200 points after you click the link on the dashboard but I can't buy it. The advertised price before you click it's link on the dashboard says 280. I suspect they dropped it too much and are already fixing it.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Anyone think the Halo Wars DLC is worth the 400/DLC? I have an older version of the game and was not planning on spending $20 on 2 expansions but I might spend $10 if they are worth the time.[/QUOTE]

http://www.halowars.com/faq.aspx

one of em is just maps, the others is just game modes which dont seem fun imo.

have you played the multiplayer? is it dead?

[quote name='DJ_Tet']Complete slap in the face to your most 'loyal' customers imo. Only the die-hard or seriously harassed (or someone with too much disposable income) would drop 800 pts on a name change. I can understand why it isn't free (I guess, everyone should get one name change for free imo) but that's not the type of service that should ever get a 'sale.'

Either charge 800 pts or don't, don't offer a DOTW on it.

Just to clarify I've never paid for a name change.[/QUOTE]

My son does it to keep with a clan theme, pisses me off royally that he has to pay.

[quote name='louiedog']August 2-8
That doesn't make sense to me, but okay.
[/QUOTE]
What doesn't make sense? MS isn't offering up all the DLC's and I don't even have a copy of ME2 at the moment. If the deals were really awesome again, like @ 200, I'd bite, but at this point, I could wait and just pick them all up in a package.

Since these deals last till August 1st, I'll wait till then on buying the Arrival (and maybe the Crackdown 2 DLC) just in case any promotions pop up then with their rewards program.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Anyone successfully download Fable III's Traitor's Keep DLC? It shows up as 200 points after you click the link on the dashboard but I can't buy it. The advertised price before you click it's link on the dashboard says 280. I suspect they dropped it too much and are already fixing it.[/QUOTE]
I just downloaded it, but not for 200. I just paid 280.

Wow, really? $3 off to change your Gamertag is considered a DEAL? I'm already annoyed that I gotta pay money to do that, but I'm still not spending $7 to do so.

Anyone know what the Microsoft Studio Sale add-ons are? Edit: Nevermind, found a list.

This will be an expensive week for me. One Reach DLC pack, Mass Effect Arrival, and I need to pick up the two summer of arcade titles before the end of July.

[quote name='harry hood']I don't have ME2, I didn't have the points to buy the 200 point DLC's at the time (after a spending spree around that time), and I still need to finish ME1. I'm glad I'm waiting.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's too late now but last black Friday, Kmart had a great deal for ME2. $10 for the game and Josh (aka Kmart gamer) threw in a 1600 MS points card for $10 with purchase as well. So for $20 I got ME2 and $20 in Microsoft points. Those points have paid for all the DLC (I got it all on sale) and other shit too! I really doubt a GOTY version will ever have that kind of deal.

Ok I updated the OP as much as I can tethering my phone with the time I have. I'll move the "Whats in this DLC?" posts around waaaaay later tonight or tomorrow.

I have to go to a DR appt and then hit the library before a test tomorrow, then squeeze in a quiz and a chapter review tonight. So yeah, bit of a busy day for me today.

I'm sorry to say that I'm considering a name change with the sale.

Does anyone know off hand if changing your Gamertag creates a huge nuisance with regard to things like Bungie.net, Giantbomb, or other Achievement sites?

[quote name='GuardianE']I'm sorry to say that I'm considering a name change with the sale.

Does anyone know off hand if changing your Gamertag creates a huge nuisance with regard to things like Bungie.net, Giantbomb, or other Achievement sites?[/QUOTE]

Changing your gamertag doesn't really have anything to do with anything you mentioned. Bungie will still recognize it and all, just that from my own personal experience when I tried to use the Halo 2 nameplate for halo reach it took about a week to switch over to my new GT. All gamesaves and everything else just get renamed to whatever your new gamertag is.

I actually would like to change my gamertag, just not sure it's worth $7 to do it. Let alone $10. And in any case it's the most ludicrous idea for a deal of the week yet.

Sup CAGers. Long time listener, first time caller.
I wanted to give a bump to Gatling Gears for the July promo. I feel it is well worth 800 points and has fairly solid twin stick gameplay with pretty nice graphics. I picked up Greed Corp. a good while back on a DOTW and when I saw Gatling Gears; I realized the games take place in the same "universe" and was fairly sold on it knowing how good Greed Corp was.

Greed Corp. is a nice take on a turn based RTS. It is really simple to pick but pretty hard to master. Online multiplayer is dead but the game is way better than the 3 star rating it currently has as an XBLA title. I believe it is a 400 point game but worth picking up if it goes to a DOTW again. I think I paid 200 points.

Also, I plan on picking up "The Writer". Doesn't it come with an avatar award? I could care less about achievement points in DLC but my ears always perk up when I hear avatar award. haha.

Speaking of DLC, has anyone picked up the DLC map pack(s) for Section 8 : Prejudice? I play the game a fair amount and picked up the first map pack but I never find games for those maps. If I do get put into one, it has NEVER been with more than 4 people total. And 2 v 2 never lasts long and isn't much fun. I think the game is a blast but I was let down after getting the first map pack and won’t be getting the second.

One last question. I am on the fence for Outland. It looks great and I have heard a lot of good things but I am waiting for a price drop or DOTW. Is it worth grabbing now? I read it has a Metroid/Castlevania style but the game seems to be really linear in gameplay from the demo. Is there a way to go back and discover new stuff with new abilities on older stages as you progress? Or is it as linear as it appears in the demo?

Decisions. Already have the Crackdown 2 stuff... Have the Alan Wake stuff... grabbed GOW2 All Fronts during previous sales...

Grabbed the Fable 3 one with achievements, skipped the one without.

Grabbed the Kinect Sports one.

Forza has no Achievements... so it's just down to understanding how things work with Halo 3/Reach/Wars and whether or not I have those?

[quote name='gamingdroid']Does one month Xbox Live codes qualify you as a gold member? Been wanting some of that ME 2 DLC as well as some Gears 2 gaming.[/QUOTE]

Paid for codes, sure.

The trail codes, no.

[quote name='GuardianE']I'm sorry to say that I'm considering a name change with the sale.

Does anyone know off hand if changing your Gamertag creates a huge nuisance with regard to things like Bungie.net, Giantbomb, or other Achievement sites?[/QUOTE]
I had a different experience than the above poster with bungie.net. None of my stats from my other GT transferred over. When I log into bungie.net now, I have no stats from when I played Halo 3

Ooh, cheap Reach maps. I haven't played it in forever, I wasn't that good when I did play it, but my lack of skill can translate to simply trolling people with vehicles. Decisions, decisions.

Do remember also, if you renew your xbl gold for 1 month, 3 months or 12 months you'll get some MS Points free if you're signed up for the XBL Rewards program. Any word on the expiration date of the Microsoft Studio sale?

[quote name='yahoosale14']http://www.halowars.com/faq.aspx

one of em is just maps, the others is just game modes which dont seem fun imo.

have you played the multiplayer? is it dead?[/QUOTE]

the multiplayer isn't dead at all, it's very easy to find 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 matches. But DONT get the DLC unless you have friends that also have it, every time I've gone on and checked for the DLC playlists, it's always low population playing them (which I think means less than 10 people), so skip the DLC, I haven't gotten to play a single DLC map or mode yet.

also, kind of disappointed ME2 Genesis wasn't included with the Mass Effect 2 DOTW, that's the only one I don't have.

Considering the Alan Wake DLC and Halo Reach DLC, I have noble, and don't think I've really gotten much use out of it. I mostly play Firefight, doesn't Defiant include a Firefight map? will that be included when searching for games in Firefight Arcade playlist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back