XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DarkZion']I wonder if Rock Band songs count as game add-ons.[/QUOTE]

They are considered game add-ons.

I should easily be able to hit that goal.

[quote name='Zonic505']$20 worth for $2? I don't know, I don't think I'll be able to spend that much, especially since there's not many games coming out this month, & even then, I don't think they're gonna have DLC. Might sit out on this one.[/QUOTE]

yeah but $20 worth of games for only $2.50 back. These deals suck.

My purchase history is showing 7/31/2011 for Outland, so I should be good. Looking forward to playing that more tonight.

The August deal I may take advantage of, but all I can think to buy is to finally buy the Marvel collection (the 4 game set - I have the other Marvel machines, as well as all other other DLC) for Pinball FX 2. I'm not sure what other DLC I'd buy. Do the Pinball FX 2 machines count as DLC anyway?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']yeah but $20 worth of games for only $2.50 back. These deals suck.[/QUOTE]

this. i know were cags, but seems silly to spend points that you werent planning on spending to get the paltry sum back. of course if youre eyeing $20 in dlc already, win win..

So I'm thinking that this might be a good time to buy the Mortal Kombat Season Pass. Anyone think that won't count? It's a grouping of DLC so I'm in question. That's a huge jump towards the 1600. I really couldn't care less about Freddy though. Still a bonus character is a bonus character even if I'll never use him.

Otherwise it's definitely time to conisder picking up some old DLC that never goes on sale. Of course I'll be waiting till the last week of the month to make my decision in case they do another DLC sale (hopefully THQ or EA). I too bought The Arrival early and bought the M$ DLC when Major announced it as a one day sale. Ah well you win some you lose some.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']So I'm thinking that this might be a good time to buy the Mortal Kombat Season Pass. Anyone think that won't count? It's a grouping of DLC so I'm in question. That's a huge jump towards the 1600. I really couldn't care less about Freddy though. Still a bonus character is a bonus character even if I'll never use him.

Otherwise it's definitely time to conisder picking up some old DLC that never goes on sale. Of course I'll be waiting till the last week of the month to make my decision in case they do another DLC sale (hopefully THQ or EA). I too bought The Arrival early and bought the M$ DLC when Major announced it as a one day sale. Ah well you win some you lose some.[/QUOTE]

Well, if you look it up on your Xbox under Add-Ons, and it's there, I assume it counts.

Seems like Major Nelson's misprediction fucked a lot of people over. Glad I didn't bite right away (the wait was driving me crazy which you can read earlier in this thread), and I had a feeling they'd have a reward like this for this month (since they just had an XBLA titles rebate) so me and the others who waited (like Reddjoey) lucked out. Sorry for everyone else though.

Pinball FX 2 tables count as add-ons and this would absolutely be the day to buy the Reach map packs.

Q: I was actually eyeing closer to $40 of DLC, can you qualify for this promotion twice?

Edit: Going to go splurge on the M$ Studios sale now.

Has anyone had problems redeeming points cards lately?? I bought one last night to get all the ME2 DLC, and when I tried it online it said:
An error has occurred during the transaction. Please try again later.

I tried it on the Xbox then, and it said something about Xbox not being able to retrieve the information at this time.

I just tried right now (on PC and Xbox) and it just said the same thing. What's going on?

When I do it on my Xbox, it asks if I want to redeem the 1600 points card, when I click Okay it gives me that..

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Has anyone had problems redeeming points cards lately?? I bought one last night to get all the ME2 DLC, and when I tried it online it said:

I tried it on the Xbox then, and it said something about Xbox not being able to retrieve the information at this time.

I just tried right now (on PC and Xbox) and it just said the same thing. What's going on?

When I do it on my Xbox, it asks if I want to redeem the 1600 points card, when I click Okay it gives me that..[/QUOTE]

By chance are you using Safari? I've found that for a while now xbox.com does not work for buying things when using Safari. It use to work fine, but it hasn't for at least a month now. I sent a message to Major Nelson on twitter, but of course he didn't respond. In the mean time, though, it works fine in Firefox and presumably other browsers.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Has anyone had problems redeeming points cards lately?? I bought one last night to get all the ME2 DLC, and when I tried it online it said:

When I do it on my Xbox, it asks if I want to redeem the 1600 points card, when I click Okay it gives me that..[/QUOTE]

Did you do the "$1 a month" Jack Links promo? Then you gotta call CS and have them fix it.

Tried Firefox and even IE, doesn't work. On the phone with customer support, see if they can figure out what's up.

EDIT:

[quote name='drawingboard']Did you do the "$1 a month" Jack Links promo? Then you gotta call CS and have them fix it.[/QUOTE]

At some point I did, I think. The last one that was there was a $1 for a month that I found on the Dashboard.

EDIT2:

Okay got the problem fixed, yeah drawingboard was right, apparently everyone who got in on that deal was automatically locked down on XBL.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']yeah but $20 worth of games for only $2.50 back. These deals suck.[/QUOTE]True, but DLC is MUCH cheaper than games most of the time. I only bought 2 games to get the deal from last time, while for DLC, I'd have to buy a good amount, seeing as it's usually $1-$5 or even $8 to $10, but those are for games I don't care about.

I'm sure there's people who can take advantage of this, but for me, I'll sit this one out.

Looks like the gamertag change is already being offered at 560MSP. I tried to change mine, however someone still uses the original Xbox tag or Microsoft has not released it.

------

Although the Xbox Live Rewards is not of a high percentage in savings or returns, sometimes I still can't resist trying to get as much as possible with as little as possible. That's why I opted to get a XBLA title which I felt was not going to get a discount and was pretty old at 800MSP to go with another. My thought process was I would have eventually gotten the game anyway, may as well get two games at 1600MSP and get 200MSP back, a 12.5% return.

Also I am glad I waited on the DLC sale for the first of August, and a Xbox Live Reward offer is on DLC. This time it is 1600MSP for a 160MSP refund, a 10% return. Got myself the Reach map packs and thanks to those CAGs here who pointed out the Community Choice pack for Forza 3 was not included in the Platinum/Ultimate edition of the game. So I have 600MSP left of DLC to purchase for the remainder of the month, I'm sure I'll find something (maybe that Mars table I've been so tempted with on Pinball FX2). [Edit: Also thanks to the CAGs in this thread who mentioned a code for The Signal on Alan Wake is included with a brand new copy of the game, so I will also consider both purchasing Alan Wake and the currently on-sale The Writer DLC at 280MSP.]

The 12.5% and 10.0% rewards may not be the same magnitude of savings I get from Deal of the Week. However, some XBLA titles and DLC have a lower chance of getting offered on sales at this time, so I am willing to take what I can get. Besides, other rewards programs, like the Best Buy ones offer a smaller percentage in terms of returns.

-----

Speaking of maximizing returns, I am at a crossroads, my Gold Membership is about to end soon, and a dashboard ad offers me 400MSP if I renew for a year by redeeming a card. I have a 12-month card ready, I do appreciate free points, however my primary reason for being a Gold Member are the Deals of the Week. Currently on Xbox Live, the focus is on their Summer of Arcade lineup of games, and the deals tend to wane.

I want to know if a better offer is made to anyone on the dashboard for those who were once a longtime Gold Member and dropped to Free/Silver Member recently. If so, is there a larger offer than 400MSP? Also would the Xbox Live Rewards still apply if I had made my purchases while still being a Gold Member, or do they require the Member to remain gold throughout the whole month in order for it to be valid [a couple rewards offered in the past were "Stayed Gold in March [another on April]– 5% Back on All March Marketplace Spend".

I'd also like to know what you think I should do, renew for the 400MSP or wait out around 2-3 weeks or more (depending on MS), for a potential DotW that may interest me and renew then (and this time, on a day past Tuesday, because I renewed on Monday last time when DotW changed on Mondays). Keep in mind another factor may be the aforementioned Xbox Live Rewards program.

I usually validate my Gold Membership by the savings I get from the deals offered would cover the price of the membership. I have not been in this situation enough to make a good judgement, so I am asking for input.

Went ahead and got both of the Halo: Reach map packs this morning to fill half of the quota for this months rewards deal. Glad I waited on them; hopefully some more add-ons will go on sale that I can use. Otherwise, I'll probably get some Rock Band songs I've been holding out on.

[quote name='Crono-00']
I'd also like to know what you think I should do, renew for the 400MSP or wait out around 2-3 weeks or more (depending on MS), for a potential DotW that may interest me and renew then [/QUOTE]

They usually don't offer any bonuses for using a prepaid card. Most of the time it is just for adding a credit card so they can set you up with a recurring payment.

So it is really a gamble for ya, if you think they will run more promos for prepaid cards or not

[quote name='VexxedCS']Does anyone's rewards summary show that they've qualified for the July promo, or does that take a while to register?[/QUOTE]

In my Pending section, this is displayed:

07/13/2011 Purchased 2 or More Arcade Games for over 800 Points Each 200
ms_points.png

I qualified for it after I bought Ms. Splosion Man, and I think it popped up a day or two after the date listed there.

Well that's cool. Apparently buying Torchlight and Bastion and Ms. Splosion Man isn't enough to count as two 800 point games. Thanks XBL Rewards!

[quote name='DelicateWatkins']Well that's cool. Apparently buying Torchlight and Bastion and Ms. Splosion Man isn't enough to count as two 800 point games. Thanks XBL Rewards![/QUOTE]

I got my 200 for buying Torchlight and Outland. It could be just a matter of time before you get your points.
The August deal makes me wish I had waited until today to pick up the ME2 DLC.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Does anyone else think Bioware is going to release an "Ultimate" version of Mass Effect 2 with all the DLC, weapons packs, costumes, etc.? For instance, like how they did with Dragon Age? I'm thinking about getting the DLC packs, but since I don't have any of them at all, maybe I should just wait. Then again, they'd probably charge $60 for it.[/QUOTE]

I'm holding out for that. I have an inkling that this holiday season right around the time ME3 would have released they'll announce something along these lines to curb the mass effect appetite till mass effect 3 comes out.

[quote name='DelicateWatkins']Well that's cool. Apparently buying Torchlight and Bastion and Ms. Splosion Man isn't enough to count as two 800 point games. Thanks XBL Rewards![/QUOTE]

yeah same here. should we write to the xboxrewards support team or wait it out?

[quote name='RenoVatio']I'm holding out for that. I have an inkling that this holiday season right around the time ME3 would have released they'll announce something along these lines to curb the mass effect appetite till mass effect 3 comes out.[/QUOTE]
I'm with you, hopefully sometime around the holidays, especially with ME3 getting delayed.

[quote name='SporkWielder']In my Pending section, this is displayed:

07/13/2011 Purchased 2 or More Arcade Games for over 800 Points Each 200
ms_points.png

I qualified for it after I bought Ms. Splosion Man, and I think it popped up a day or two after the date listed there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah... I hope I don't get screwed here. Bought Ms. Splosion Man and From Dust but there's nothing in my rewards list.. I feel like From Dust was a waste of points so I'd at least like to get 200 back, heh.

I bought Ms. Splosion Man and Bastion, and my points aren't up either. I wouldn't worry about the points not showing up yet. It can take several weeks for something to show up in your pending section, and not everyone's rewards post at the same time. I remember back in March when they had the 5% back offer, my points didn't post for almost a month after people were saying they had gotten theirs. Worst comes to worst, you can always shoot them an e-mail. They're pretty good about straightening things out.

Bought the 3 ME2 DLC's, 960 down for the 1600. I can buy Overlord and some Indie game and I'll be right at the 1600 mark.

Either way I'm probably buying SSF4 AE, so it's all good.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Bought the 3 ME2 DLC's, 960 down for the 1600. I can buy Overlord and some Indie game and I'll be right at the 1600 mark.

Either way I'm probably buying SSF4 AE, so it's all good.[/QUOTE]

It says game add-ons so doesn't that mean DLC only? Or do indie games count?

Damn. I dropped $20 alone on Pinball FX2 way back.

Recommend the FX2 core pack and Marvel Pinball, by the way.

Also a great time to pick up Minerva's Den

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']
Okay got the problem fixed, yeah drawingboard was right, apparently everyone who got in on that deal was automatically locked down on XBL.[/QUOTE]

Just a quick question, but I assume redeeming points, you were just entering the code and the error came up? I also got in for the $1/mo Xbox Live Gold but I've been able to redeem codes (Ms Splosion Man, Gears 3 DLC Griffin, etc) without issue, so unsure if I have to call or not.

Couldn't decide on Arrival but figured for the price, it can't hurt. Mass Effect 2 is really good.

[quote name='dogmae']They usually don't offer any bonuses for using a prepaid card. Most of the time it is just for adding a credit card so they can set you up with a recurring payment.

So it is really a gamble for ya, if you think they will run more promos for prepaid cards or not[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's why it is so surprising to me, I did find another thread on CAG mentioning it with a bigger Microsoft Point incentive, but no one was replying to that. My guess is that they likely won't have more promos for prepaid cards (my preferred way since one can find them on sale for $30-$40 every now and then, before the price hike); I guess it was just wishful thinking they may offer better. Thanks for the input, dogmae. I still welcome other CAGs to help me decide upon the matter.

[quote name='ooga']I got my 200 for buying Torchlight and Outland. It could be just a matter of time before you get your points.
The August deal makes me wish I had waited until today to pick up the ME2 DLC.[/QUOTE]

You guys are benefactors of knowing early, usually it takes 2-4 weeks before Xbox Live Rewards Program even puts items into pending for me. My only assumption is the system just goes through all the gamertags in alphabetical order and checks it. With my gamertag starting with "z" I can be assured of not only always placing lower than others with similar scores on leaderboards, but also to be notified last on anything.

I messed up purchasing Half-Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax the day it came out, and it is an uncommon instance I purchase an XBLA title on release at full price. I had wished I waited then because the end of the month was just a few days away, and then the July rewards offers were on XBLA purchases. I got Ms.'Splosion-Man and I surveyed lots and lots of old XBLA titles to figure out my other 800MSP title. If only I had waited then, so I learned my lesson and I saved the DLC sale for today, when the month was new, and fortunately the rewards were for DLC! I guess the moral of it is sometimes deals are about timing.

[quote name='gotdott']It says game add-ons so doesn't that mean DLC only? Or do indie games count?[/QUOTE]

Not often do we see any offers on the Indie Games channel. I do feel that is a missed opportunity to bring a few more of those to light, and the indie developers should get some time to shine, but Microsoft fails to push them as much as the Steam service seems to.

It is similar to last month where we take our educated guess that Pinball FX2 tables would not qualify as XBLA titles for July's reward offer. Consequently, this month the Pinball FX2 tables should qualify for August's reward offer. However, my personal hypothesis is that indie games would not count for August's reward offer (but we can hope maybe they put one up on that last slot on the Xbox Live Rewards page for the month instead of "coming soon: more ways to earn [rewards]").

[quote name='RollingSkull']Damn. I dropped $20 alone on Pinball FX2 way back.

Recommend the FX2 core pack and Marvel Pinball, by the way.

Also a great time to pick up Minerva's Den[/QUOTE]

I'm still holding out for an actual deal on the Pinball FX2 tables/packs. Only once did Pinball FX (1) get a DotW, and I snatched that up quick-like. I would love to play the tables of Pinball FX2, and the tables should count as DLC for August's reward offer, I still feel Zen Studios should get to talking with the Live team to give us tables on DotW. They did a nice "buy Marvel Pinball, get Zen Pinball core pack free" on PSN; I feel Zen studios kind of ignored us for a long while here on the 360. Again, this is just a test of my patience.

[quote name='Crono-00']

You guys are benefactors of knowing early, usually it takes 2-4 weeks before Xbox Live Rewards Program even puts items into pending for me. My only assumption is the system just goes through all the gamertags in alphabetical order and checks it. With my gamertag starting with "z" I can be assured of not only always placing lower than others with similar scores on leaderboards, but also to be notified last on anything.[/QUOTE]

Lucky for you then that this week you can change your gametag for the low low price of whatever it is. :cool:

Well I grabbed the last 2 Forza 3 DLC. Community Choice Classics Pack and the VIP Car Pack to finally have all DLC for that game.

Anybody know if the Fallout: New Vegas DLC is going on sale anytime soon? I just hit level 30, and I want the increased level cap from the DLC to keep leveling, but $10 each is a bit much I think.

I notified Twitter support about the apparent missing rewards points and they didn't even say "Yeah it might take a while," or anything to that effect. Just launched right into troubleshooting it, asking which games i got, when i joined XBLrewards, etc. Then finally asked for my gamertag. So I'm assuming that the points not showing yet is not normal?

[quote name='DelicateWatkins']I notified Twitter support about the apparent missing rewards points and they didn't even say "Yeah it might take a while," or anything to that effect. Just launched right into troubleshooting it, asking which games i got, when i joined XBLrewards, etc. Then finally asked for my gamertag. So I'm assuming that the points not showing yet is not normal?[/QUOTE]
don't be so impatient and that goes for the rest of you asking this same question every month!! the reward points dont usually track for a few weeks & you wont even get them until around the 15 NEXT month.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Kind of OT but did anyone here read THIS. So now they want me to have 2 subscriptions AND and EA online pass...thank god I do not play sports games but you KNOW this is coming to other EA titles. Plus I guess this means the end of any independent DLC sales of EA games in the future. I know it is optional but for crying out loud...really?

http://www.destructoid.com/ea-launches-season-ticket-subscription-service-207731.phtml[/QUOTE]
Where do they keep this at gamestop?

It reads like some sort of scam, I don't see how any consumer would see value in that. It should be enough that people will shell out $60 for the same product each year.

I wonder how people will react when they start charging for individual bullets in Battlefield? Some dude is going to get a massive promotion when he brings that idea to the next meeting.

[quote name='reddjoey']I'd hope you could unlock achievements in those 3 days. If that was the case you could justify it as $5 for a 3-day rental.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if it'll be setup like how the crackdown 2 demo was. Where you could unlock some achievements but you didnt actually "get" them until you purchased the full game.

[quote name='reddjoey']I'd hope you could unlock achievements in those 3 days. If that was the case you could justify it as $5 for a 3-day rental.[/QUOTE]

I think you will be able to. The rental idea is not a bad way to look at it. If they started to add ALL their titles it might be a potential good value. I could plow through some of their non-sports game in 3 days and avoid the need to buy the game depending on what it was. For now though I am not sold on it.

Edit:mad:Brother Daz...that type of model could very well be possible. Earn achievements but they do not show up until a physical copy of they game is used.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I wonder if it'll be setup like how the crackdown 2 demo was. Where you could unlock some achievements but you didnt actually "get" them until you purchased the full game.[/QUOTE]

EA SPORTS Season Ticket subscribers can transfer all achievements earned during the three-day download period to the purchased disc, resulting in an early edge over the competition.

That sounds like exactly what will happen.

don't be so impatient and that goes for the rest of you asking this same question every month!! the reward points dont usually track for a few weeks & you wont even get them until around the 15 NEXT month.

This could be solved by a simple notification on your rewards page as to what you've qualified for during the current month, doesn't seem like it'd be that hard. All I did was notify them of my concerns, don't see how it could hurt.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Anybody know if the Fallout: New Vegas DLC is going on sale anytime soon? I just hit level 30, and I want the increased level cap from the DLC to keep leveling, but $10 each is a bit much I think.[/QUOTE]

Probably have a few months to go before DLC for Fallout:NV goes on sale. The first DLC just came out two months ago, so its a little early for them to be doing a sale.

Gotta think we won't see a sale until the big holiday games are released - when Microsoft is scrambling to come up with an enticing "Deal of the Week", or perhaps concurrently with a Fallout:NV "Game of the Year" Edition. The absolute latest a Fallout:NV DLC sale will happen is during the week between Christmas and New Years, when there's a sizable discount on great DLC every day.

I understand each of the Fallout:NV DLC takes 8 hours or more anyway. That's good bang for your buck. The latest DLC "Old World Blues" has been especially highly rated in reviews. Take the plunge.

Well, what a crappy deal this week. Nothing else... at all.

AND I just realized it is now August and I forgot to get a second 800pt game in July. Whoops. Should have grabbed Gattling Gears.

[quote name='dachuckdawgg']Gamertag change discount?
Worst...DOTW...ever[/QUOTE]

I'm going to change my name like 5-6 times this week. THINK OF THE SAVINGS!

Just picked up Crackdown 2 for only £6.18 on Amazon, so decided to pick up the two DLCs since they are half price.

Might have to purchase some more game add ons that I never got round to buying, so I can qualify for the Xbox Rewards 160 points back thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back