XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
That gatling gears deal is really tempting... Is the full game represented well by the demo? I'm not crazy about twin stick shooters and the demo struck me as very meh.

I got the demo for Gatling Gears a while ago and enjoyed it, didn't expect it to drop that fast. Guess I'll get a 1600 card, get this, and Black Ops Resurrection on Tue.

[quote name='wmclark']I predict gatling gears is going to get a lot of deal deprived buyers after the lack of during SOA... (count me in)[/QUOTE]

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner. I'm in because I'm starving.

Although my gut is telling me this might be the next insanely discounted

[quote name='Tsel']I don't know. I played the trial for Gatling Gears and I guess it's just not for me.[/QUOTE]

I kind of agree. I love games like Ikari Warriors but the Gatling Gears demo just didn't cut it for me. Maybe I'll give it another shot since I do have 500ish points sitting in my account.

I bought it, excited, not realizing it was a 1.5 gb download. Meh, I'll have to play it later. Hopefully it doesn't drop in price by the time I get to it.

Can you play downloaded Xbox games on an xbox 360 the xbox emulator? My xbox hard drive is off brand so it doesn't have the emulator to play physical xbox disks, but can I still play downloaded xbox games?

[quote name='KtMack23']Can you play downloaded Xbox games on an xbox 360 the xbox emulator? My xbox hard drive is off brand so it doesn't have the emulator to play physical xbox disks, but can I still play downloaded xbox games?[/QUOTE]

Xbox originals? When you try to play an original Xbox game it should automatically try to download an update for the emulator first.

[quote name='clickpow']It's in your download history still, of course you can re-download it. Just log on your xbox, it won't let you queue it from your computer.

I just tried it. Umk3 downloaded fine. MS support is the worst, I don't know why anyone even listens to them. They are incorrect 75% of the time, that's even twitter support.[/QUOTE]

No, I cannot redownload it from my actual xbox either. Every time I try, it loads it into the queue and acts like it is going to download it. It sits at 1% (I think) for a while and then it fails out and tells me it cannot be downloaded.

I have tried it MANY MANY times and it always does the same thing. It does that same thing when I try to redownload from the website too.

[quote name='Jabrim']I bought it at full price and really like it, so to wonder about getting it at 400 it's ignorant.[/QUOTE]

"Ignorant" isn't the word you should be using here, for various reasons.

Anyway, I tried the demo and it just wasn't for me. I have enough dual stick shooters as it is, and this one just didn't hook me.

[quote name='BNoyes']"Ignorant" isn't the word you should be using here, for various reasons.

Anyway, I tried the demo and it just wasn't for me. I have enough dual stick shooters as it is, and this one just didn't hook me.[/QUOTE]

I used the word...so...there, winning! :lol:

[quote name='BNoyes']"Ignorant" isn't the word you should be using here, for various reasons.

Anyway, I tried the demo and it just wasn't for me. I have enough dual stick shooters as it is, and this one just didn't hook me.[/QUOTE]

I agree. It's not ignorant to pass on the deal if the game just isn't fun for you.

The deal is amazing and I really wanted to like it, but I just don't see myself enjoying the game based on my time with the demo.

I think it's about time I played Minerva's Den, so picked that up.

As for Gatling Gears, for some reason I'm just not that interested.

[quote name='Jabrim']I used the word...so...there, winning! :lol:[/QUOTE]

It's because you blatantly misspelled the word before it. Then you used "winning."

[quote name='Fear No Darkness'] I will also say this every chance I get.

Minerva's Den is one of the best DLC's I've ever played. GREAT story (arguably better than the main story itself), good length and has new content exclusive to the DLC. I know a lot of people didn't like Bioshock 2, but believe me when I fervently say Minerva's Den is well worth your $5.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='crookshow']Pretty much this. Huge fan of the original Bioshock, but felt the sequel was only mediocre. Minerva's Den is fucking awesome though. Great story/atmosphere and 4-5 hours of gameplay made it a worthwhile day 1 purchase for me. Also has a plot twist that is almost on par with the original Bioshock. Definitely worth your $5 if you still have a copy of the base game lying around.[/QUOTE]

All right, I've heard good things about Minerva's Den before, but I guess you guys have officially talked me into picking it up. My only fear is that I'll never get around to playing it, because I've had Bioshock 2 sitting in my backlog for quite a while now, and I still have a few other games in there that I'll get to before it. Maybe between getting this DLC and my hype level for Infinite, I'll finally get around to playing it.

Going to have to give the Gatling Gears demo a try, too. If I like it even a little, I'll jump on it for 400 points.

[quote name='crookshow']This is a good bet seeing as how Greed Corp (made by the same team) was discounted to 160 MSP during last year's Thanksgiving sale.

Anyway, demo didn't really do anything for me so I'm going to have to pass for now.[/QUOTE]

The games that usually get uber discounts (Unbound Saga, Greed Corp) had never been on sale before. I think the exception was X-Men at one point but it was like the 9th time it was on sale (hyperbole, but it had been on sale a bunch).

[quote name='MrNEWZ']The games that usually get uber discounts (Unbound Saga, Greed Corp) had never been on sale before. I think the exception was X-Men at one point but it was like the 9th time it was on sale (hyperbole, but it had been on sale a bunch).[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily true. Splosion Man had been on sale a number of times before ultimately hitting 160 last Thanksgiving.

Man, you can really tell that we're all huge cheap asses when we're speculating whether 400 points is too much to pay for a game with an ~85 metascore that came out ~3 months ago at 1200 points.

"Only 67% off? I bet we can do 83% off. PASS."

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']Man, you can really tell that we're all huge cheap asses when we're speculating whether 400 points is too much to pay for a game with an ~85 metascore that came out ~3 months ago at 1200 points.

"Only 67% off? I bet we can do 83% off. PASS."[/QUOTE]

Because there is no way that we could possibly have massive backlogs and figure by the time we finish or get closer to finishing our backlogs this game may become cheaper.

I have no need to buy more games right now because I know with my backlog I won't get to it for months. If I buy it now and it drops even lower before I play it I would be quite upset.

But nah, we are all just super cheap asses because we obviously couldn't have any real reason to ponder whether a game will become cheaper at a later date.

[quote name='Survivalism']It's because you blatantly misspelled the word before it. Then you used "winning."[/QUOTE]

Winning still!

[quote name='wmclark']I predict gatling gears is going to get a lot of deal deprived buyers after the lack of during SOA... (count me in)[/QUOTE]

That is exactly how they got me to bite on the game. I just blind purchased it just because it was an XBLA title that was at a low price point and I had read the positive responses earlier on this thread.

I've only tried a bit of it so far on single player. I'm only so-so at the danmaku (bullet hell) games, but Gatling Gears, to me so far, feels like the game gets the player hit from various small annoyances (such as camera not keeping up with the player, some indistinct borders to the play field, unclear explosion radii, occasionally small enemies staying on-field longer than necessary after death, some environmental objects obscure enemies). The game may feel like it gets a few "cheap" hits on the player, or it could just be that I am that unskilled. It is my first impression, I did speed through the sections instead of taking my time, so perhaps I can grow to like the game more.

Having already purchased Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 and I Maed a Game3 w1th Z0mbies 1n It!!!1 (but no Smash T.V. nor Robotron: 2084), I feel like I had a couple of the marquee twin stick shooters on XBLA. Gatling Gears compared to a chain-made submarine sandwich, the 400MSP price point is just on that edge to me; any more and I'd be unhappy and would have preferred the sandwich.

[quote name='crookshow']This is a good bet seeing as how Greed Corp (made by the same team) was discounted to 160 MSP during last year's Thanksgiving sale.

Anyway, demo didn't really do anything for me so I'm going to have to pass for now.[/QUOTE]

I checked the credits briefly for both games, and sure enough, quite a few names match on the same positions/tasks. The two games did look strikingly similar to me, but I had thought that was coincidental, I am wrong. I also decided to get Greed Corp when it was available on that Thanksgiving sale. Still have not played Greed Corp, but I may play it once I finish Gatling Gears to see where it came from. I guess I am a sucker for sales.

-----

So Summer of Arcade came and went. From previous posts on this thread, some had felt this years offerings (along with the deal) were weaker than those of other Summer of Arcades [Sum/Arc form this point on] past, while some others felt the games this year were stronger than any other previous Sum/Arc lineup.

Granted I was not a part of the 2008 Sum/Arc, but once I found the list I did realize I do have all 5 of those titles because they had since been offered on DotW or other sales. The 2009 lineup on Sum/Arc promotion I felt was the strongest, having Shadow Complex promoted with all the right words ("Metroid"), a couple of old [actual] arcade favorites reappear, a Twisted Pixel offering (typically value), and a title which I cared least about but ended out playing most. Last year's Sum/Arc, was pushing it with every title at 1200MSP, but waiting to the end of the year to get all but one at 600MSP and more wait until Limbo was at 600, I too got 5 of 5 titles in that promotion. This year's promotion, not only was the deal questionable to me, I cannot see getting all 5 unless I am given a Kinect. Although the first 3 weeks of titles were strong, they still were asking a bit much from me at 1200MSP. Here's hoping a 600MSP or less per game deal is offered in the future. Last year they shot 0 for 5 for me initially, but due to sales it became another 5 of 5 lineup, like of the years before; this year's offerings already started off 0 for 5 but can salvage itself with proper sales and try for 3 of 5 for me.

Now that Sum/Arc is over, I await some good Deal of the Week to come back. While the unexpected sale did get me to spend, I hope Gatling Gears is not the only thing offered [Bioshock 2 DLC has been offered before], if that is to be the DotW. I will continue to check the thread in anticipation of a surprise awesome sale come Tuesday.

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']Man, you can really tell that we're all huge cheap asses when we're speculating whether 400 points is too much to pay for a game with an ~85 metascore that came out ~3 months ago at 1200 points.

"Only 67% off? I bet we can do 83% off. PASS."[/QUOTE]

This made me laugh. It's so true. And, I'm one of those cheap-asses that's like "pffft, nah, not cheap enough!"

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']This made me laugh. It's so true. And, I'm one of those cheap-asses that's like "pffft, nah, not cheap enough!"[/QUOTE]

Main reason I'm thinking along these lines though, is that I have a backlog the size of something really big. And yes, I can't think of anything really big. It's Sunday, and I'm trying to think as little as possible before tomorrow :p

[quote name='WonkyToad']Maybe NOT!
I HAD Mortal Kombat 3 download and it got erased from my hard drive. I went to re-download it from my history and it keeps coming back with it cannot be downloaded. I contacted MS and they kept saying that I will not be able to re-download it and MS has the right to add or remove anything from the marketplace.
I told them I already bought it and trying to RE-DOWNLOAD, not download for the first time, but they just kept repeating that over and over.[/QUOTE]

Wow if that's true that REALLY sucks. Gotta watch my shit like a hawk I guess :roll:

[quote name='Jabrim']Winning still![/QUOTE]

Once you're quoted Charlie Sheen, you've already lost.

Anyway, hopefully we'll start seeing some more good DotW now that we're getting closer to the big spending season. There are still some old DLC packages that I've been waiting to get at a discount.

[quote name='crookshow']Not necessarily true. Splosion Man had been on sale a number of times before ultimately hitting 160 last Thanksgiving.[/QUOTE]

Crook - That was essentially my point. Usually does imply more often than not and with 'Splosion Man it then becomes a 50/50 mix based on examples.

There have been a total of 3-4 games that had hit that price point:
Unbound Saga - first discount
Greed Corp - first discount

X-Men was on sale like 6 times in the span of 3 months, eventually having a fire sale during the special sales at 160.

While I didn't mention 'Spolsion Man, it's a MS title, had been on sale a million times before (like X-Men), had a sequel coming, and was really old by that point. In the case of Gattlin', they dropped it permanently then put it on sale. Will it hit 160? Maybe, but the chances are it will not.

[quote name='WonkyToad']Maybe NOT! I HAD Mortal Kombat 3 download and it got erased from my hard drive. I went to re-download it from my history and it keeps coming back with it cannot be downloaded. I contacted MS and they kept saying that I will not be able to re-download it and MS has the right to add or remove anything from the marketplace. I told them I already bought it and trying to RE-DOWNLOAD, not download for the first time, but they just kept repeating that over and over.[/QUOTE]
@Wonky, I've just now added Robotron, Gauntlet, and Joust back from my purchase history, but I also see "SmashTV" is gone. It's possible the Midway games are hit & miss, and unfortunately, MS is powerless to do much. On the bright side, it's very possible you'll see the games coming within the next few weeks, since there's been announcements of the "MK Arcade Kollection" made at E3:
http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/108/108290.html

... and the accompanying joystick comes out this Thursday @ GameStop:
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/accessories/xbox-360-mortal-kombat-klassic-fight-stick/90872
(which includes a download code for the 3 games in the XBLA "kollection")

[quote name='victimsofadown']Wow if that's true that REALLY sucks. Gotta watch my shit like a hawk I guess :roll:[/QUOTE]
No need to ... everything you buy, you have the ability to re-download, as well as assign to a new console using the license transfer tool if necessary (www.xbox.com/drm ... or now within the console's F/W!).

[quote name='BNoyes']Once you're quoted Charlie Sheen, you've already lost.

Anyway, hopefully we'll start seeing some more good DotW now that we're getting closer to the big spending season. There are still some old DLC packages that I've been waiting to get at a discount.[/QUOTE]

All I wanted was someone to know that it was a reference to Charlie Sheen, my work here is done.

[quote name='victimsofadown']Wow if that's true that REALLY sucks. Gotta watch my shit like a hawk I guess :roll:[/QUOTE]

I want my stuff on DISC. Anything I have bought on LIVE or on the PSN I am not emotionally attached to because I know that at a moments notice they can pull the plug and if your drive ever craps out there goes that.

Sure, they'll say that you can redownload it later should something happen. HOWEVER, no matter what they may tell you to get a sale, they own the servers and have the ability to do whatever the hell they want in the end.

[quote name='IronsideGrunt']I want my stuff on DISC. Anything I have bought on LIVE or on the PSN I am not emotionally attached to because I know that at a moments notice they can pull the plug and if your drive ever craps out there goes that.

Sure, they'll say that you can redownload it later should something happen. HOWEVER, no matter what they may tell you to get a sale, they own the servers and have the ability to do whatever the hell they want in the end.[/QUOTE]

If you're really that worried you could always buy a $45 drive and periodically do a 1:1 backup of the stuff on your 360.

And for anyone who has any delisted games, it may be a good idea to at least copy them to an external drive just in case.

Since everyone was talking about Gatling Gears I downloaded the demo and thought it was decent, but I wasn't really blown away by it.

Then I saw the guy you play as has an epic mustache.

I paid $5.00 and bought the game because of the mustache.

[quote name='Haggar']Since everyone was talking about Gatling Gears I downloaded the demo and thought it was decent, but I wasn't really blown away by it.

I paid $5.00 and bought the game because of the mustache.[/QUOTE]

Best. Logic. Ever.

[quote name='Haggar']Since everyone was talking about Gatling Gears I downloaded the demo and thought it was decent, but I wasn't really blown away by it.

I paid $5.00 and bought the game because of the mustache.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']Best. Logic. Ever.[/QUOTE]

You have to have standards...he draws the line at mustaches...I draw mine at vaginas.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']Best. Logic. Ever.[/QUOTE]

Why do you think Mario games sell like hot cakes? Stache = $$$

Gatling Gear is good but the game is BROKEN. There times a level does not complete though you have killed everything on screen, I seen reviews mention this, other users and it keeps happening to me on level 2.2. Maybe that's why they have discounted it so heavily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back