XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cheaphuck']Gatling Gear is good but the game is BROKEN. There times a level does not complete though you have killed everything on screen, I seen reviews mention this, other users and it keeps happening to me on level 2.2. Maybe that's why they have discounted it so heavily.[/QUOTE]
Yea, it happened to me on 2.2, but i restarted it the next day, got through it, and haven't had any other problems.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Crook - That was essentially my point. Usually does imply more often than not and with 'Splosion Man it then becomes a 50/50 mix based on examples.

There have been a total of 3-4 games that had hit that price point:
Unbound Saga - first discount
Greed Corp - first discount

X-Men was on sale like 6 times in the span of 3 months, eventually having a fire sale during the special sales at 160.

While I didn't mention 'Spolsion Man, it's a MS title, had been on sale a million times before (like X-Men), had a sequel coming, and was really old by that point. In the case of Gattlin', they dropped it permanently then put it on sale. Will it hit 160? Maybe, but the chances are it will not.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? X-Men was NEVER on sale before it was 160 pts. It was on sale one time since then for 400 during a hero themed week.

[quote name='cancerman1120']You have to have standards...he draws the line at mustaches...I draw mine at vaginas.[/QUOTE]

So few games feature vaginas, though.

[quote name='STEALTH 8OM8ER']Why do you draw vaginas? :whistle2:o[/QUOTE]

No, he draws things toward vaginas. Difficult to visualize, I know.

[quote name='reddjoey']Not Midnight like you were hoping.[/QUOTE]

Who said anything about midnight you stupid red neck motherfuc... nah jk :D, but I wasn't thinking midnight hopefully when I wake up around 10 eastern it'll be up. Tryin to get one game in before work.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Who said anything about midnight you stupid red neck motherfuc... nah jk :D, but I wasn't thinking midnight hopefully when I wake up around 10 eastern it'll be up. Tryin to get one game in before work.[/QUOTE]

It will likely be up by then, but big DLC launches are usually funky for a bit when they launch.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Looks like its going to be a mish mash sale price not up yet.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/dealoftheweek

Bulletstorm Gun Sonata DLC Pack

Blood Symphony DLC Pack

Red Faction: Battlegrounds

Deniable Ops: Insurgency

Hydrophobia[/QUOTE]

Hmm, quite tempted to get both the Bulletstorm DLCs. Already have Hydrophobia from when it was last on sale and I got Battlegrounds when THQ were giving out codes on their website, so they're both a miss. Don't have Splinter Cell: Conviction but might get the DLC so I can get the game in the near future.

Seriously considering the Bulletstorm DLC, even though I don't have the game yet. The only thing holding me back is that I'll feel really stupid if they come out with a complete edition.

Also, anyone have an opinion on Hydrophobia? The reviews are all over the place. It seems worth $5, but I'm worried about the difficulty. All the reviews seem to mention dying a lot.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']Also, anyone have an opinion on Hydrophobia? The reviews are all over the place. It seems worth $5, but I'm worried about the difficulty. All the reviews seem to mention dying a lot.[/QUOTE]
Hydrophobia is worth $5 IMO. The main problem with the game was that you don't get an ending at the end of the game. It just pauses, and basically have to wait until part 2.

[quote name='drawingboard']Hydrophobia is worth $5 IMO. The main problem with the game was that you don't get an ending at the end of the game. It just pauses, and basically have to wait until part 2.[/QUOTE]

wow i had forgotten about reading this, thanks. mediocre game is one thing, one that doesnt give you ANY payoff for trudging through it is infuriating! at least give me a shitty art screen with a voice over saying how great i am for beating the game. these guys will be lucky to make the rest with all the bad press this game got. gonna have to pass thanks drawingboard. a game with no ending is no game!

[quote name='Bercelak']How's Red Faction Battlegrounds?

And it appears there are addons for Brink and Dragon Age II other than new zombie maps on Black Ops.[/QUOTE]

I've only played the demo for Battlegrounds, but I was really frustrated by the controls. Whether that's a problem with the game or with me is up in the air.

[quote name='drawingboard']Hydrophobia is worth $5 IMO. The main problem with the game was that you don't get an ending at the end of the game. It just pauses, and basically have to wait until part 2.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I think I'll take the risk. I don't care about the story behind the game unless it's an RPG where I have to pay attention in order to make decisions.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']Also, anyone have an opinion on Hydrophobia? The reviews are all over the place. It seems worth $5, but I'm worried about the difficulty. All the reviews seem to mention dying a lot.[/QUOTE]
It's kind of a clumsy game in a lot of ways. The controls are passable but not great, the level design and goals are often confusing, and the story is pretty lame. I don't regret the $10 I spent on it, but I'm pretty into disaster movies and stuff like the Poseidon Adventure so the premise appealed to me a lot. $5 is probably a solid buy.

I am a huge XBLA fan and play most every demo, but for some odd reason I was never interested in Hydrophobia. Maybe it was the reviews, combined with the backlash the makers gave the reviewers, but even for $5 I'm strangely STILL not interested (even in trying the demo) and that is usually my "Ok, I'll bite" price point. I may use the Bulletstorm DLC to top off the Aug. reward offer, but we'll see.

[quote name='Bercelak']How's Red Faction Battlegrounds?

And it appears there are addons for Brink and Dragon Age II other than new zombie maps on Black Ops.[/QUOTE]

It's clearly on the dashboard. This will be Microsoft money maker so I doubt they would hide it. Also if you can't find it buy it through the game in the multiplayer menu. It's really good but hard as hell.

[quote name='reddjoey']Quick edit to the OP before I leave for class.[/QUOTE]

Thanks again to ReddJoey for all the quick edits! FYI, "Minerva's Den" is now poached & dead, so please remove at your next edit.

[quote name='KtMack23']Can you play downloaded Xbox games on an xbox 360 the xbox emulator? My xbox hard drive is off brand so it doesn't have the emulator to play physical xbox disks, but can I still play downloaded xbox games?[/QUOTE]
Yes, you can buy them, but if you didn't partition & lock it correctly, then either the emulator won't boot up OR the emulator/game will start having problems (not finding data where it should be). This underscores why you need to partition the 360's HDD correctly is to setup the XBOX v1's multiple partitions. These prices are pretty bad, so I wouldn't jump at any of them (particularly Fable being the pre-Lost Chapters version), but you're still missing out on several great titles like Halo 2 & Rallisport 2.

Well at least we got some DLC this week. I picked up Bulletstorm from a recent EA flash deal so I'm fine with dropping another $10 for both DLCs. For completionists they both have acheivements so provided they are good they should be worth picking up.

I'm considering both RF: Battlegrounds and Hydrophobia as well. I couldn't be bothered to preorder RF earlier this year to get the game for free as it's a pain in the ass to pull a preorder at Gamestop anymore. Hydrophobia has been on sale for this price before and I almost pulled the trigger then. When taking into consideration all it's issues and the assumption that there will be no sequel to conclude the story I can't imagine why anyone would buy it. I'm making the assumption about the sequel on the grounds that Hydrophobia sold very poorly and the developer won't be able to make one. I hope they do so they don't leave people out in the cold that did actually play the game. If anyone knows for sure that the sequel is in fact going forward I would like to know and then I would reconsider purchasing Hydrophobia.

RF Battlegrounds is awful and there wasn't even an online community when it launched. I wouldn't buy it.

I would recommend people watch the free marketplace content thread in the free stuff forum. The game was actually free on thq.de for people with accounts who added Red Faction: Armageddon to their games list. Unfortunately they no longer have codes for that.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I'm making the assumption about the sequel on the grounds that Hydrophobia sold very poorly and the developer won't be able to make one. I hope they do so they don't leave people out in the cold that did actually play the game. If anyone knows for sure that the sequel is in fact going forward I would like to know and then I would reconsider purchasing Hydrophobia.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe they announced anything, but they seem to be committed to the franchise. They've done a ton of work on the PC version of the game and even built in a feedback system to better understand how people play it so that they can make the sequels better. The only question is if it sold well enough to do XBLA releases for any future sequels or if they'll be PC only.

Gears of War 1 & 2 are $14.99 or 1200 msp on Games on Demand from August 23 - 30. This sale appears to be open to everyone, not just Gold subscribers.

-Gears of War - 1200 Microsoft Points - 25% off - Metacritic
-Gears of War 2 - 1200 Microsoft Points - 25% off - Metacritic

Next week:

Aug 30 - Sep 5 - Manic Machines

XBLA:
-Gatling Gears - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look

Xbox Originals:
-Metal Arms: Glitch In The System - 800 Microsoft Points - 33% off - Metacritic

DLC

-BioShock 2 - Minerva's Den - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Borderlands - Claptrap's New Robot Revolution - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look

Activision Publisher Game Content Sale– Games on demand, Add-ons, and more from the “Call of Duty” franchise August 30 – Sept 5 Up to 50% off

It looks like the Gatling Gears and Minerva's Den sale was a mistake.

There's also one more game for the upcoming releases section,
Crazy Machines Elements. It comes out tomorrow, the 24th. I thought that game already came out. At the very least I'm sure I saw it with an earlier release date a few months ago. Poor thing is getting sent to die going up against a Kinect game and Street Fighter. On second thought, maybe don't even bother adding it...

I already picked up Gatling Gears and Hydrophobia, so these are some weak deals for me.

Let's hope some good stuff drops with the Activision sales.

Interesting week for sure. Dunno how to feel about Red Faction, I want to bite but do have a feeling it'll get a permanent price drop in the very near future. The Bulletstorm DLC, I'm more inclined to purchase; I do just happen to have it on 360 (Gears 3 beta being the main reason) and don't think it's highly likely the DLC will be on sale again, at least in the near future.

I'm hoping there are some decent non-COD deals to take away from the Activision sale. Since their only XBLA output has been COD Classic and a golf game, I probably shouldn't get my hopes too high up.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Feel sorry for The Baconing and Rock of Ages.

Why?

MK Kollection is coming out the same day for 800pts.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/633064...llection-koming-august-31?tag=newstop;title;2[/QUOTE]

Holy crap! That is a very tempting deal! I'm not even a huge mk fan but even I'm impressed by all that for 800 points.

Also anyone interested in indie games, there is an indie summer uprising going on now. The winter one got a lot more publicity but this one has some interesting titles too.

Am I the only one that reads the Activision sale as being a CoD only event? "and more from the Call of Duty franchise" means all the content is CoD related. Confusing wording I guess.

so 3 classic MK games for 800 msp aka $10? That's a great bargain, especially since they're updated with online multiplayer and all. Also, Activision's sale will likely be mainly focused on CoD as it was last time but they might sneak in a gem or two. So much content being released this week and next week too.

my searching skills are failing:
I don't have gold, if I activate a 48hr gold trial, can I purchase content at the gold discounts, or no?

thanks for the replies

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Am I the only one that reads the Activision sale as being a CoD only event? "and more from the Call of Duty franchise" means all the content is CoD related. Confusing wording I guess.[/QUOTE]

You're probably right, sadly.

[quote name='vherub']my searching skills are failing:
I don't have gold, if I activate a 48hr gold trial, can I purchase content at the gold discounts, or no?[/QUOTE]

No, sorry. 48-hour trials really only get you multiplayer. To take advantage of DotW sales you need to activate a 1-month or longer membership. There have been a few sales that were open to everyone, but for the vast majority you need to be gold.

[quote name='vherub']my searching skills are failing:
I don't have gold, if I activate a 48hr gold trial, can I purchase content at the gold discounts, or no?[/QUOTE]

No, because these codes don't actually give you a gold membership, they just let free members play online for 48hrs.

Gold accounts can't even use those codes.

Gatling Gears looks fun. I've been waiting for Deniable Ops: Insurgency to go on sale again. These will keep me busy for a few hours.

Activision w CoD. Some good deals, may be?

Got Gatling Gears earlier this week for 400, it's really fun.
I might pick up minerva's den next week, I've always wanted to get back into and finish Bioshock 2.
Hydrophobia is much improved after they "re-released" it, with all the improvements. They dropped it to 800 in it's re-release and I've been waiting for a sale. think I'll definitely jump on that for 400.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back