XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
from what i understand on slickdeals the minervas den discount was for last week or something. can anyone confirm it's actually going to drop to 400 today?

[quote name='Jbyrd117']can anyone confirm it's actually going to drop to 400 today?[/QUOTE]

Can anyone confirm anything is actually going to drop today?

It was put up there last week by mistake I think...And I'm sure it'll be 400 during this DOTW..

..And no black ops map packs, just previous CoD games map packs. Although themes aren't bad.

[quote name='Jbyrd117']from what i understand on slickdeals the minervas den discount was for last week or something. can anyone confirm it's actually going to drop to 400 today?[/QUOTE]

As another poster said, it was accidentally on sale for a few hours 2 weeks ago.

It also was not the first time MINERVA'S DEN was on sale though, as I went to buy it and forgot I did.

Not a good sign. :whistle2:/

Damn, I'm a little bummed out that the Black Ops maps aren't going to sale, but I'm glad to see the WaW maps got a 50% discount, not too shabby. I also feel like the picking up Call of Duty classic, I think that's the cheapest I've ever seen at 600 ms points.

Call of Duty sale is a major bust. Putting 5 year old map packs on sale that should have been free years ago. I thought they'd at least put the first Black Ops pack on sale, since it came out 9 months ago.

There went my hopes for good sales after the summer of arcade drought. Doesn't matter too much though as I will be grabbing The Baconing at full price and maybe Rock of Ages and Bloodrayne as well.

Yeah get Modern Warfare 2 for the new low low super cheap price of $34.99 a 25% disocunt of $39.99??????? Gotta love xbox but seriously I like how the theme's are on sale I might get a few even though im rocking that free zombie's Moon theme right now.

If I remember correctly, for the past three years, Activision has had a sale on CoD maps for the previous year's game.

I guess so many idiots keep spending $15 on Black Ops map packs, it's not even worth it for them to have a sale this year.

fuck it might as well

CALL of DUTY SALE- 8/30-9/5

Full Games:

Black Ops- $49.99 ($59.99 regularly) 17% savings
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2- $34.99 ($39.99 regularly) 25% someone at mircosoft doesn't know fucking math
XBLA Call of Duty Classic or #1- 600 Points (1200 MSP regularly)

DLC

MW2 Stimulus and Resurgence Pack- 600 MSP (1200 regularly) 50% savings
COD World at War- Map Pack Bundle- 1000 MSP (2000 MSP regularly. Great deal) 50% savings
COD World at War- Map Pack 1,2, and 3- 400 MSP each (800 MSP regularly) 50% savings
COD Modern Warfare- Variety Map Pack 400 MSP (800 MSP regularly) 50%
COD 2 and 3 DLC are 200 MSP expect the Invasion Map Pack for COD 2 which is 400 MSP all are 50% savings

Themes
Zombies Ascension and regular Zombie premium themes- 120 MSP (240 MSP regularly) 50% savings
Modern Warfare 2 Tactial and Abstract premium themes- 120 MSP (240 MSP regularly) 50% savings

Well there you have it folks. Im in for some zombie themes.

[quote name='Dustinator']So what COD stuff is exactly on sale?? I'm at work and relying on you CAGs to keep us all up to date :)[/QUOTE]

Basically the same shit they had on "sale" a few weeks ago.

edit. Kinda hard for me to buy a zombie theme when the Moon pack just came with a free one.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']fuck it might as well

CALL of DUTY SALE- 8/30-9/5

Full Games:

Black Ops- $49.99 ($59.99 regularly) 17% savings
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2- $34.99 ($39.99 regularly) 25% someone at mircosoft doesn't know fucking math
XBLA Call of Duty Classic or #1- 600 Points (1200 MSP regularly)

DLC

MW2 Stimulus and Resurgence Pack- 600 MSP (1200 regularly) 50% savings
COD World at War- Map Pack Bundle- 1000 MSP (2000 MSP regularly. Great deal) 50% savings
COD World at War- Map Pack 1,2, and 3- 400 MSP each (800 MSP regularly) 50% savings
COD Modern Warfare- Variety Map Pack 400 MSP (800 MSP regularly) 50%
COD 2 and 3 DLC are 200 MSP expect the Invasion Map Pack for COD 2 which is 400 MSP all are 50% savings

Themes
Zombies Ascension and regular Zombie premium themes- 120 MSP (240 MSP regularly) 50% savings
Modern Warfare 2 Tactial and Abstract premium themes- 120 MSP (240 MSP regularly) 50% savings

Well there you have it folks. Im in for some zombie themes.[/QUOTE]
Nice. Thanks for the fast reply!!

Might get that COD WaW map bundle for 1000 points. Gotta check and see how much gamerscore I can get. That just might sway me into buying it

[quote name='Dustinator']Nice. Thanks for the fast reply!!

Might get that COD WaW map bundle for 1000 points. Gotta check and see how much gamerscore I can get. That just might sway me into buying it[/QUOTE]

Its a steal. Great price for 3 zombie maps ( not sure if people still play these) and some great multiplayer maps. I glady paid 2400 in total for all the map packs and feel like that was a steal.

[quote name='Gnort']I know a lot of guys on this forum are always asking when Radiant Silvergun is being released, well it's been confirmed, 14 September for 1200 MSP.

Be attitude for gains!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-30-radiant-silvergun-xbla-release-date[/QUOTE]I was about to post that as well. At the moment, it seems to be just the Japanese release date, but hopefully, that'll be the US release date as well.

Now if we could get a release date on Treasure's other game coming to XBLA, Guardian Heroes.

sucks...

i was waiting for this day ever since the First Strike map pack was released. I've been regretting not buying that pack on day 1...so i've waited and waited knowing they always have a sale on the map packs when the next game in the franchise is coming out. sad to see Black Ops is not getting a sale this week. Meh...oh well..soon i hopen, I won't pay full price on First Strike since I've already waited this long.

[quote name='BelieveTheHype']i was waiting for this day ever since the First Strike map pack was released. I've been regretting not buying that pack on day 1...so i've waited and waited knowing they always have a sale on the map packs when the next game in the franchise is coming out. sad to see Black Ops is not getting a sale this week. Meh...oh well..soon i hopen, I won't pay full price on First Strike since I've already waited this long.[/QUOTE]
If you spend $20 in the Marketplace this month, you can get 160 rewards points back... Tell yourself you waited for that. :p

I picked up the mw2 maps last year when they were on sale. It's frustrating that they can charge 15$ a pop for 5 maps and people eat it up like crack.

I think I'm just done with cod. BO didn't do it for me and MW2 is so full of noob toobs and quick scopers that it's more frustrating than fun. In fact I'm feeling pretty burned out on all FPS games these days...

[quote name='Althax']I picked up the mw2 maps last year when they were on sale. It's frustrating that they can charge 15$ a pop for 5 maps and people eat it up like crack.

I think I'm just done with cod. BO didn't do it for me and MW2 is so full of noob toobs and quick scopers that it's more frustrating than fun. In fact I'm feeling pretty burned out on all FPS games these days...[/QUOTE]

I agree, but then again I think it is messed up how last year they had the same dlc on sale for about the same price and now again this year it's the same thing AGAIN. Who hasn't purchased the map packs yet? If you haven't, you shouldn't. Most aren't worth purchasing and even if they were for achievement points there really isn't much GS in them anyways.

By the way, this weeks DoTW is going to suck again.

Gatling Gears
Metal Arms: Glitch In The System
Bioshock 2: Minerva's Den
Borderlands: New Revolution

They're all showing up in the DoTW page but haven't been discounted yet.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/dealoftheweek

Does anyone still play the zombie maps in World at War? Trying to decide whether or not to get the map pack(s). Also, are there any achievements related to Map Pack 1? It looks like they're just for 2 & 3, so it'd be cheaper to get those separately rather than the triple pack.

Edit: You know...maybe I just won't get these, and not play zombies. It'd be just my luck that I'd accidentally happen upon an infected lobby and get banned or have my gamerscore reset or something.

hah...wanna hear frustrating? i preordered the defiant map pack, got my flaming avatar helmet from GS...then like a few weeks later they offer the map pack for 1/2 price and xbox sends me a flaming avatar helmet for free because of something XBL members did.

that's frustrating.

[quote name='100xp']hah...wanna hear frustrating? i preordered the defiant map pack, got my flaming avatar helmet from GS...then like a few weeks later they offer the map pack for 1/2 price and xbox sends me a flaming avatar helmet for free because of something XBL members did.

that's frustrating.[/QUOTE]

Wow that sucks. You know what, since im such a nice guy ill take that free flaming helmet off your back for free. :D

[quote name='Skydude']Does anyone still play the zombie maps in World at War? Trying to decide whether or not to get the map pack(s). Also, are there any achievements related to Map Pack 1? It looks like they're just for 2 & 3, so it'd be cheaper to get those separately rather than the triple pack.[/QUOTE]

yes each map pack had new achievements. go and check out xbox achievements.com

[quote name='Razzel']Metal Arms any good? It's something I never played on the Xbox.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I freaking loved that game back in the day.

[quote name='Cheapskate']I haven't played it, but Tomb Raider: Underworld has an epilogue with some important story points / closure spread over two overpriced Xbox360-exclusive DLC levels.[/QUOTE]

Assassin's Creed II had a few chapters missing which were added in later as DLC. On release, there were skipped numbers on the Animus. They said it was a time/budget related thing, but I believe all of them cost cash. Either way, they didn't have chivos so I didn't bother and sold the game back to Amazon for a $5 loss.

Activision Sale was a disappointment

I was hoping to get COD2 and 3 'On Demand' for a cheap price, since I never played them.

but atleast the first one is half off. Guess I'll trial that one

[quote name='Zonic505']I was about to post that as well. At the moment, it seems to be just the Japanese release date, but hopefully, that'll be the US release date as well.

Now if we could get a release date on Treasure's other game coming to XBLA, Guardian Heroes.[/QUOTE]

This should make your day: Major tweeted earlier today that Guardian Heroes is coming this week to XBLA! Swish!

Beware on CoD Classic that the control scheme for the CoD games since CoD 2 IS NOT in Classic and the controls are all jacked up like it was a PS2 game. Also you can't change them. I got it for free from MW 2 Hardened and wouldn't have paid for it given the horrible controls.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Is Minerva's Den any good? It's been on sale so many times and I need to finish both Bioshocks.[/QUOTE]

It was totally worth my 400 points last time it was on sale, but don't bother unless you really think you'll finish the main campaign in BS2.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Is Minerva's Den any good? It's been on sale so many times and I need to finish both Bioshocks.[/QUOTE]

Only 1 word describes it... beautiful. Plus the plasmid that you get from the dlc is beast and will make the playthrough a piece of cake expect on hard.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']This should make your day: Major tweeted earlier today that Guardian Heroes is coming this week to XBLA! Swish![/QUOTE]

What? Aw yeah!!! Can't wait.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']This should make your day: Major tweeted earlier today that Guardian Heroes is coming this week to XBLA! Swish![/QUOTE]

You just made my afternoon. Thanks for the info! :bouncy::applause::D:bow::whee:

It should be up tomorrow FYI for those others interested.

[quote name='Solder']You just made my afternoon. Thanks for the info! :bouncy::applause::D:bow::whee:

It should be up tomorrow FYI for those others interested.[/QUOTE]

Also, the indication seems to be that Guardian Heroes will be 800 MSP. There seems to be a recent trend away from 1200 MSP and back to 800 MSP for a lot of arcade releases, which I wholeheartedly endorse.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']anyone know if those premium black ops zombie themes are included in any of the black ops map packs? cus i know moon comes with one?[/QUOTE]

Only the last pack came with one (Moon) - the rest didn't come with one.

The Ascension one is actually quite nice, I might pick it up for 120 points. I have Moon from the DLC, but the gray orb kinda ruins it. Ascension has a black one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back