XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tsel']I think there's a typo. The OP has the Armadillo outfit and the lasso avatar items listed at 800MSP each lol.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I forgot to edit it after I copy and pasted it. I'll fix it when I put in all the links in a few minutes.

[quote name='reddjoey']So Capcom Unity is saying FF: Double Impact is 50% off

Xbox.com is saying different, but who knows it could be for next week.[/QUOTE]

so is this for this week or next week as part of a capcom sale hopefully that would indeed include puzzle fighter and mega man 9 and 10. I can only pray for that.

Sweet. Undead Nightmare Pack is $5 again. Missed it the last couple of times it was on sale since I didn't have RDR at the time and wasn't sure on waiting for a GOTY edition.

Still holding out for Beyond Good and Evil HD sale ;)...

A Capcom sale would be awesome too! I missed BC: Rearmed last time it went on sale :(

I dunno if I will pick up Final Fight... I will check into some reviews later.

[quote name='sp8001']
I dunno if I will pick up Final Fight... I will check into some reviews later.[/QUOTE]

It's definitely one of the best arcade ports on the system. Two games with lots of unlockables, multiplayer, and filters to play with. They definitely put some effort into the package. It makes the X-Men Arcade game at the same price look pathetic considering how lazy that port was and how little content was there. At $5 I recommend it if you enjoy either game in the package and I definitely think you should try out the demo if you enjoy games from the era.

Hmm i was thinking of buying the L.A Noire Rockstar pass but when i saw that rockstar sale cutting 50% off on all the cases I know that's a better deal for me since i alredy have "The Naked City and The Badge Pursuit Challenge" when i bought the game at gamestop and I don't really care about the suits.

My problem is that only the "A Slip of the Tongue" case is shown at 50% off when i checked a few minutes ago, while the "Refeer Madness" and "Nicholson Electroplanting" cases are still at full price :/.

Does anybody know if those two cases are getting the discount too?

[quote name='Pensiever']Hmm i was thinking of buying the L.A Noire Rockstar pass but when i saw that rockstar sale cutting 50% off on all the cases I know that's a better deal for me since i alredy have "The Naked City and The Badge Pursuit Challenge" when i bought the game at gamestop and I don't really care about the suits.

My problem is that only the "A Slip of the Tongue" case is shown at 50% off when i checked a few minutes ago, while the "Refeer Madness" and "Nicholson Electroplanting" cases are still at full price :/.

Does anybody know if those two cases are getting the discount too?[/QUOTE]

The Naked City and A Slip of the Tongue were released early on. The other two came later so I imagine it's just these two in this sale. Luckily Rockstar sales seem somewhat common so I wouldn't be surprised to see them discounted in a couple of months.

I picked up the rockstar pass at the sale price and have already gotten my money out of it.

Have finished "The Naked City" (best case of the game IMO) and "Slip of the Tongue". Looking to finish up the last 2 cases, and find a little under 50 cars and be completely done with the game as a whole.

Good times with L.A Noire. Very much recommended.

[quote name='Pensiever']Hmm i was thinking of buying the L.A Noire Rockstar pass but when i saw that rockstar sale cutting 50% off on all the cases I know that's a better deal for me since i alredy have "The Naked City and The Badge Pursuit Challenge" when i bought the game at gamestop and I don't really care about the suits.

Does anybody know if those two cases are getting the discount too?[/QUOTE]

My site hasn't seen drops for those. Reddjoey might have heard they dropped from twitter or somewhere else. I would wait for him to correct the OP or say where he got those from.

I haven't picked up LA Noire for 360 yet, but seeing as how this is probably going to be a the best deal on the DLC, I bit on the pass.

It's just one of those 188 kb files though, and the prices of the DLC packs stayed the same. I know on PSN it makes all of the DLC free, so I'm confused how Microsoft is handling it. How do I download the DLC I just bought? Is it an ingame content browser that isn't tied to the Marketplace? (The suits aren't even available for purchase from the store, either, so I'm guessing that's got to be it?)

[quote name='Blaster man']Which CAG made 'all the bad things'? Can anyone vouch format being good? I will probably pick it up just because a CAG made it (and it's a buck).[/QUOTE]

I don't recall who made it, but I can vouch for it for a buck. I had a lot of fun with it on my one play through and will probably revisit it again. I've talked a few of my non-CAG friends into picking it up and they've enjoyed it too.

[quote name='Leggo']

It's just one of those 188 kb files though, and the prices of the DLC packs stayed the same. I know on PSN it makes all of the DLC free, so I'm confused how Microsoft is handling it. How do I download the DLC I just bought? Is it an ingame content browser that isn't tied to the Marketplace? (The suits aren't even available for purchase from the store, either, so I'm guessing that's got to be it?)[/QUOTE]

Once you have the pass, dlc is considered purchased in the game menu.

[quote name='louiedog']It's definitely one of the best arcade ports on the system. Two games with lots of unlockables, multiplayer, and filters to play with. They definitely put some effort into the package. It makes the X-Men Arcade game at the same price look pathetic considering how lazy that port was and how little content was there. At $5 I recommend it if you enjoy either game in the package and I definitely think you should try out the demo if you enjoy games from the era.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more sir. :applause:

[quote name='aaandthedoggies']Once you have the pass, dlc is considered purchased in the game menu.[/QUOTE]

If you buy a new copy is the pass included?

The "project $10" part of LA Noire confuses me, if there is even one.

[quote name='benjamouth']If you buy a new copy is the pass included?

The "project $10" part of LA Noire confuses me, if there is even one.[/QUOTE]

No, the Rockstar Pass doesn't come with new copies of the game.

[quote name='louiedog']It's definitely one of the best arcade ports on the system. Two games with lots of unlockables, multiplayer, and filters to play with. They definitely put some effort into the package. It makes the X-Men Arcade game at the same price look pathetic considering how lazy that port was and how little content was there. At $5 I recommend it if you enjoy either game in the package and I definitely think you should try out the demo if you enjoy games from the era.[/QUOTE]

100% on this.

The fact that they threw in a second game figuring no one would buy it otherwise and still made a perfectly slick, nice package was great.

The X-Men port is insanely lazy, but I just wanted the game. ;-)

Burnout Crash will be 800 points and $9.99, it was confirmed a while ago so you can add that to the OP if you would like.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']100% on this.

The fact that they threw in a second game figuring no one would buy it otherwise and still made a perfectly slick, nice package was great.

The X-Men port is insanely lazy, but I just wanted the game. ;-)[/QUOTE]

Another +1 for Final Fight. Picked it up last time it was 400 points. Even thought I've played the crap out of the game over the years and will probably never touch Magic Sword, I still feel like I got my money's worth. The game is just classic as far as beat-em ups go and the presentation on this port is fantastic. Definitely raises the bar for how a retro port should be done.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Final Fight is simply a better game than X-men and has much better netplay. Most of the extras are useless and really don't matter at all.[/QUOTE]

Well it's always nice when devs attempt to put forth some thought and care when they're charging you $10 for a 20+ year old game. Ignoring the nice presentation elements, the challenge system in FF made the game a lot more enjoyable for me.

[quote name='SporkWielder']No, the Rockstar Pass doesn't come with new copies of the game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, so there's really no disadvantage in buying a copy used then ?

[quote name='benjamouth']Thanks, so there's really no disadvantage in buying a copy used then ?[/QUOTE]

No disadvantage at all. That's how I bought my copy.

Magic Sword is actually really fun, if not ridiculous in its "everything and the kitchen sink" style that we'd see again in the D&D brawlers. Final Fight is charmingly retro. Great package

those Gears 3 lancers are full price. 240 is normal price for them. i thought they'd fix the price, as only slip of the tongue was on the deals list when i checked yesterday moring, but NOPE. still full price. they are shady listing those as on sale at full price, seeing as how they don't refund these things. so a lawsuit for false advertising is the only way you could get the half of, huh?

[quote name='twztid13']those Gears 3 lancers are full price. 240 is normal price for them. i thought they'd fix the price, as only slip of the tongue was on the deals list when i checked yesterday moring, but NOPE. still full price. they are shady listing those as on sale at full price, seeing as how they don't refund these things. so a lawsuit for false advertising is the only way you could get the half of, huh?[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? My site shows they were 320 before:
http://xbldb.com/offer-details/?offer=00001000-d14e-d263-cdc4-72774d5308ab

[quote name='GamerDude316']tempted on TLAD and the Undead Pack for RDR. Will it be cheaper for me to snag the RDR DLC now or wait for the GOTY edition?[/QUOTE]

MSRP for the GotY RDR is $49.99. MSRP for vanilla RDR is $39.99 but I'm sure you can find it for less (even more so if used is ok with you). I believe the only thing you're missing out with the GotY edition is the previously PS3 exclusive gang hideout and challenges.

[quote name='Sway']MSRP for the GotY RDR is $49.99. MSRP for vanilla RDR is $39.99 but I'm sure you can find it for less (even more so if used is ok with you). I believe the only thing you're missing out with the GotY edition is the previously PS3 exclusive gang hideout and challenges.[/QUOTE]

fuck its $39.99 for vanilla again? It was sitting at $30 for a while on Amazon, shoulda snagged it. Might have to go used if gohastings has a good price on it then, thanks

With the RDR GOTY edition just announced, I figured I would just wait for that to drop. But considering how GTA IV's GOTY edition refuses to drop below $20, I feel inclined to just pick up a used copy of RDR and buy the Undead Nightmare pack for $5, because the other DLC really doesn't matter since its mostly for multiplayer, right?

[quote name='mrcheapo11']With the RDR GOTY edition just announced, I figured I would just wait for that to drop. But considering how GTA IV's GOTY edition refuses to drop below $20, I feel inclined to just pick up a used copy of RDR and buy the Undead Nightmare pack for $5, because the other DLC really doesn't matter since its mostly for multiplayer, right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if you don't care about multiplayer the other DLC isn't worth picking up. Undead Nightmare is like 6 hours long or more if you want to see and do everything. You really get your money's worth out of it.

[quote name='GUNNM']Yeah 240 is the sale price
lol@ suing someone for your own idiocy[/QUOTE]
it was a joke. you must be a fun person to hang around.

i bet my life they were 240 pts from the day they debuted & i checked at least twice a week. they were not 320 on my XBL marketplace on my console, and 240 isn't 50% off of 320, anyway, mr. happy!

[quote name='louiedog']Yeah, if you don't care about multiplayer the other DLC isn't worth picking up. Undead Nightmare is like 6 hours long or more if you want to see and do everything. You really get your money's worth out of it.[/QUOTE]

The co-op missions on Red Dead are really good but it doesn't seem that the paid DLC adds any value in terms of co-op.
I'd stick with LouieDog's recommendation.

[quote name='twztid13']those Gears 3 lancers are full price. 240 is normal price for them. i thought they'd fix the price, as only slip of the tongue was on the deals list when i checked yesterday moring, but NOPE. still full price. they are shady listing those as on sale at full price, seeing as how they don't refund these things. so a lawsuit for false advertising is the only way you could get the half of, huh?[/QUOTE]

240 is normal price for the NORMAL guns, the "gold" ones were more, because they're gold (i guess) so yea, they're like 80msp off or something, i'd skip em

May I post an anti-deal?

Rod Fergusson announced on a stream the prices for the on-disc weapon skins in Gears 3.

240 will get you one skin for all five weapons.
320 will get you one animated skin for all five weapons.
1200 will get you a pack of every skin for one weapon.
3600 will get you every skin for every weapon.

Did I mention they're on the disc?

I implore you, CAGs. Nobody buy a single one of these, because this is unacceptable.

[quote name='Exu']May I post an anti-deal?

Rod Fergusson announced on a stream the prices for the on-disc weapon skins in Gears 3.

240 will get you one skin for all five weapons.
320 will get you one animated skin for all five weapons.
1200 will get you a pack of every skin for one weapon.
3600 will get you every skin for every weapon.

Did I mention they're on the disc?

I implore you, CAGs. Nobody buy a single one of these, because this is unacceptable.[/QUOTE]

You can watch him talk about it here http://www.twitch.tv/sournothardcore/b/295241566 if you're interested.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']You can watch him talk about it here http://www.twitch.tv/sournothardcore/b/295241566 if you're interested.[/QUOTE]

I was watching, loved how he gulped before saying 1200. Knew that would not have gone down well.

I was expecting steam to rise from under his collar when he said 3600.

I actually had to check I had heard right because I couldn't believe it. I knew we were going to get jipped but that's ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back