XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
All over Trouble Witches Neo & Outland. Thanks OP!

On the fence about Bionic Commando 2. Is it really worse than #1?

Now Xbox needs to drop the price of Deathsmiles II and all will be gold!!

Just bought a 4000 point card the other week. Those points potentially didn't last very long. Already have a few things, but queued up others.

Bought Outland, and potentially may buy Yar's Revenge, Shank, Star Raiders, and Clash of Heroes depending on demos. Already tried the Blade Kitten demo when it was on sale for 600. Was on the fence then, still on the fence. It's a game I want to like, but considering the story won't be completed (iirc), I'm unsure.

And here I thought the point card I bought was going to be put towards RE4/Veronica/Crysis.

[quote name='reddjoey']If you open the ad on the dash it says it in the upper right corner[/QUOTE]

So are people thinking the sale is only until Thursday because of the one day sale?

[quote name='utopianmachine']I highly recommend Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes. I recently beat the DS game, and it was fun. Yes, the game can be frustrating at times, and yes, sometimes it seems as if you can only win if you get a favorable starting line-up. This doesn't affect the majority of the game, however. The storyline is good and the characters engaging. I found the second half of the game far better than the first, what with you delving into a land inhabited by ghosts and another by demons. Although the game can sometimes be frustrating, retrying a stage is pretty quick. It has an addictive nature that is difficult to describe, but 800 points is a great price on this well-regarded port of the DS gem.[/QUOTE]

2nd this!!!:applause: Very fun and lengthy game that is easily worth your 800 points. Went back and played it several times on my DS. Demo is very chatty but the game itself moves very well and if you like Puzzle Quest type games, this is a great twist on that.

Definately in for Wakfu and Trouble Witches when i get home, considering Outland (Already have on PSN), and Moon Rider (Heard meh things about it)

I bought Outland since I have been waiting to buy this one. Also picked up Wakfu. I didn't want to wait on those two if the sale does end before the 1st. A couple others I can wait on and buy on the first since I won't care if I miss out on them now.

Awesome, whilst Gamefly is also draining the bank, XBLA has to go and have an "Extreme" one day sale. Masking my excitement with the shame of my impulses :applause:.

Does anyone remember exactly what time most 1-day sales end? Can I buy stuff after midnight (now 10/1) that counts toward potential October rewards, or are they cut off at midnight?

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']Does anyone remember exactly what time most 1-day sales end? Can I buy stuff after midnight (now 10/1) that counts toward potential October rewards, or are they cut off at midnight?[/QUOTE]

If you remember an item that had a 1 day sale I can look it up and find when my site found the drop and increases. Those would be estimates buts it a data point.

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']Does anyone remember exactly what time most 1-day sales end? Can I buy stuff after midnight (now 10/1) that counts toward potential October rewards, or are they cut off at midnight?[/QUOTE]

Considering last week's deal of the week was still active until about 8:30 this morning when I looked (Arizona time), I would expect them to be on sale through 10/1. Personally I am planning on making my purchases around 1 or 2 am Saturday morning when they will surely still be live and it will technically be October. Waiting till then for Outland is going to be brutal though. I guess if I waited this long a few more days won't hurt. I'm hoping the Live Rewards cycles back to similar earlier promotions. If they do this month could very well be another 5% or 10% back on all purchases. If it is I might just go hog wild. Already know I'm buying Dungeon Defenders day 1 and that's in just a few weeks.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']1 or 2 am Saturday morning when they will surely still be live and it will technically be October.[/QUOTE]
Nope, that'll be September
3am and on is October

So, is there any solid confirmation that the stealth sale runs all week long?
I'd rather not risk missing out on some great prices just for the chance at a few measly Microsoft points from Rewards...
I'm sure I'm not the only one in this predicament.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had enough points to queue up TWN, now I can't wait to buy the rest that I want on Friday, and hopefully more! I would really like to see stuff go on sale that hasn't been, or atleast it's been a while since the last sale; mainly Rocket Knight, VOOT, and Beyond Good and Evil HD. If any of those make the sale, I'll be thrilled :)

Haven't visited these forums in a while (budgetary constrants -- so not visiting here helps at least a little in resisting the deals). But picked up Outland from this sale. What a fantastic game so far.

[quote name='Spylon']So are people thinking the sale is only until Thursday because of the one day sale?[/QUOTE]

It also says "this week", so at the very least it isn't clear. I'll tweet xboxsupport

This is off of Section 8's facebook page.

"Section 8: Prejudice and all DLC is on sale this week on Xbox Live Arcade! Get Section 8: Prejudice for 800 MSP and all DLC 50% off until 10/3."

I'm assuming that end date will apply to all the other sale items.

I honestly haven't even been paying much attention to XBLA sales lately, they just haven't really caught my attention. Might have to play some demo's this week though...

For anyone interested I have reviews on my site for several of the games on sale, including Star Raiders, Ghostbusters SOS, Yar's Revenge and I think that's it... sad that I can't even remember what all I reviewed. Yar's Revenge would certainly be my most recommended of them.

Wow, nice sale. I have not bought anything in over a month. Also, I have 800 MS space bucks to redeem from Bing. So, I am in for a couple of games today.

[quote name='Spylon']If you remember an item that had a 1 day sale I can look it up and find when my site found the drop and increases. Those would be estimates buts it a data point.[/QUOTE]

X-Men Arcade for 200 points and Comic Jumper for 400 (?) points around the end of March, beginning of April (think the one day sale was actually on 4/1 of this year, but I'm not entirely sure of that.)

[quote name='lockarm']I would be all over Shank, it if wasn't 2gigs. I don't know if I could spare room for that.[/QUOTE]

I would suggest you make room because the game's fucking incredible if you're a beat-em up fan.

[quote name='reddjoey']It also says "this week", so at the very least it isn't clear. I'll tweet xboxsupport[/QUOTE]

Thanks reddjoey. I wasn't able to get a video of the dash this morning, wasn't up when I first checked, and now I'm at work so won't be able to check until tonight.

With the Section 8 Facebook confirmation of Oct. 3 I think it's safe to say the sale will last 1 week thou.

[quote name='BigMack9737']X-Men Arcade for 200 points and Comic Jumper for 400 (?) points around the end of March, beginning of April (think the one day sale was actually on 4/1 of this year, but I'm not entirely sure of that.)[/QUOTE]

X-Men seems to have been on sale for ~30 hours. Hopefully that holds true for this Friday also, but there so many good items on sale right now that I don't think a rewards offer for next money will be hard unless it's themes, or Games on Demand or something else that is silly.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Nope, that'll be September
3am and on is October[/QUOTE]

Really? You want to quibble over time zones? Here it's going to be October 1 (Xbox time) after midnight my local time. I assume you live 3 time zones over or else really don't know how to read a clock.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Really? You want to quibble over time zones? Here it's going to be October 1 (Xbox time) after midnight my local time. I assume you live 3 time zones over or else really don't know how to read a clock.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure he was referring to Microsoft's timezone. And it seems safe to assume that everything would be based on their time.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']I'm sure he was referring to Microsoft's timezone. And it seems safe to assume that everything would be based on their time.[/QUOTE]

Precisely. I don't see the need to try to argue with me about it when we surely live in different time zones. I was referring to my local time and would assume people in other time zones would adjust for their area as I do when people refer to eastern time zones. I do have the fact that I live in Arizona listed as my location to help alleviate these unnecessary confusions.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Precisely. I don't see the need to try to argue with me about it when we surely live in different time zones. I was referring to my local time and would assume people in other time zones would adjust for their area as I do when people refer to eastern time zones. I do have the fact that I live in Arizona listed as my location to help alleviate these unnecessary confusions.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. I initially misunderstood why it bothered you because I made the same mistake he did (that is, assuming everyone commenting must be in my timezone because, hey ET is awesome!) :D

I'm more thankful than usual for this thread. Hadn't been able to use my XBox until just now and the sale isn't anywhere on my dash. Without this site and thread, I would have missed out on Outland for $5!

Had planned on getting Might and Magic and then MS has the nerve to make me spend more money...bastards. I was on the fence with Yars Revenge, but I have hundreds of PS3/360 games in my BL and even more if I count my Wii/PS2/XBOX/GC games, so I just settled on Clash and Moon Diver. I wonder what the one day sale will hold in store...

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']Gotcha. I initially misunderstood why it bothered you because I made the same mistake he did (that is, assuming everyone commenting must be in my timezone because, hey ET is awesome!) :D[/QUOTE]

I live in, as my Chicago based D&D cohorts call it, (please excuse the language) FUAT or fucked Up Arizona Time. I'm used to time zone confusions since we are the only sane people that don't change their clocks randomly (or seemingly to us since we don't follow it) throughout the year. :p

I don't know if this means anything other than XBox support may not know what they're talking about, but I tweeted them about the sale not showing up on my dash and was told they're not aware of a sale.

Extreme sale is not showing up on any tab for me. Prices are live if I search the games but they aren't advertised anywhere on my dashboard.

Grabbed outland. Are the AC2 DLC packs worth getting?

I have 400 pts. that have been laying around my account for quite some time, so I'll snag Outland. Anybody on the fence for Shank, get it. For side scrolling brawler fans, this is one of the most fun, best looking games you can get. Highly recommended.

[quote name='Narsis84']Extreme sale is not showing up on any tab for me. Prices are live if I search the games but they aren't advertised anywhere on my dashboard.

Grabbed outland. Are the AC2 DLC packs worth getting?[/QUOTE]

What I could find for reviews didn't make them sound very fun. Supposedly they're short and repetitive, especially the first one.

Love this thread. Picked up Outland. Anyone know if the Assasins creed stuff has achievements? and do I already have this if I ever open my collectors edition?

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I live in, as my Chicago based D&D cohorts call it, (please excuse the language) FUAT or fucked Up Arizona Time. I'm used to time zone confusions since we are the only sane people that don't change their clocks randomly (or seemingly to us since we don't follow it) throughout the year. :p[/QUOTE]
Hawaii doesn't observe Daylight Savings Time, either. Last I checked, they're still a state. ;)

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Love this thread. Picked up Outland. Anyone know if the Assasins creed stuff has achievements? and do I already have this if I ever open my collectors edition?[/QUOTE]

No achievements. If you have CE you have 1 of the several secret locations, but they aren't sold individually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back