XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
i have a lowly 20gb hard drive that is always bursting at the seams. Question: If I choose to buy and download these, i can delete and re-download them as many times as I want (at least until XBOX Live goes away), right?

[quote name='pasolini']i have a lowly 20gb hard drive that is always bursting at the seams. Question: If I choose to buy and download these, i can delete and re-download them as many times as I want (at least until XBOX Live goes away), right?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Though if you download it on a different 360 from the first time you'll need to be on Live with the profile you used to download it in order to play it or until you do a license transfer.

[quote name='pasolini']i have a lowly 20gb hard drive that is always bursting at the seams. Question: If I choose to buy and download these, i can delete and re-download them as many times as I want (at least until XBOX Live goes away), right?[/QUOTE]

First, you should definitely invest on an upgraded hard drive.
Yes, you will always have the chance to re-download these games under your id.
I think the only thing you lose is the ability to play them without being logged-in to xbox live, IF you switch machines (or hard drives) more than once a year (losing the ability to do a license transfer).

[quote name='reddjoey']No achievements. If you have CE you have 1 of the several secret locations, but they aren't sold individually.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the reply!

Some arcade games/dlc have been taken off the marketplace, so those you won't be able to download again.

[quote name='drawingboard']Some arcade games/dlc have been taken off the marketplace, so those you won't be able to download again.[/QUOTE]

That's not true. You can re-download any previously purchased item (unless this changed recently). You just can't purchase it for the first time.

[quote name='chickenbutt']Has anyone tried Trouble Witches Neo? Love shmup games but unsure if I should get it.[/QUOTE]

Let's see...
  • Shmups almost never go on sale, and 400 Points is really cheap
  • It's a genre you like
  • It's made by SNK, who mostly make great arcade-style games
  • It's got great graphics
  • It's 2 player
Isn't that enough to decide on its own?

But here's a review too: http://www.xblafans.com/trouble-witches-neo-review-12930.html

[quote name='MrNEWZ']That's not true. You can re-download any previously purchased item (unless this changed recently). You just can't purchase it for the first time.[/QUOTE]

A few delisted games like Ultimate MK 3 really can't be redownloaded.

I was sort of wondering if it was good. Don't want to waste 5 bucks on a game that's terrible like that Ghostbusters game. But thanks. Going to get it.

[quote name='simmias']Hawaii doesn't observe Daylight Savings Time, either. Last I checked, they're still a state. ;)[/QUOTE]

Hawaii is a state? When did that happen??

Probably going to pick up Outland and The Maw.

Has anyone played the Indie Game, All the Bad Parts? The premise sounds interesting enough, and for 80 points, I don't think it could be that bad.

[quote name='Raccoon2117']Probably going to pick up Outland and The Maw.

Has anyone played the Indie Game, All the Bad Parts? The premise sounds interesting enough, and for 80 points, I don't think it could be that bad.[/QUOTE]

I think a CAG actually made that so you should just get it to support him/her anyway :p. Haven't heard much about it though.

Trouble Witches Neo is pretty good. It's not amazing but it's decent fun in a hideously crowded genre.

The right price for a shump too.

Okay, quickie reviews: Serious Sam TFE is rather dull in my opinion but good enough fun. TSE is better and the game is better on Steam anyway but your call. Don't think either is the bee's knees but they're good for something different and better, I think, than Painkiller and Hard Reset but nowhere near as good as the classic games people keep errantly comparing them to.

Yar's Revenge is a turd. A polished turd with some clever alien-ish dialogue. Yar's rapport with the old alien dude is quite amusing, kinda like a stilted Hanar young Klingon arguing with an old wise stilted Hanar. The game itself is boring as hell. I had to force myself to finish it. Just try the demo and you can see what you're in for. if you don't like the demo, it doesn't get better. Also on Steam but not seeing many sales.

Trouble Witches Neo is good light fun like most shumps. It doesn't reinvent the genre and the magic bullet slow-wheel/cancel mechanic is a good way to occupy your thumbs between shooting, which is more than most rancid shump scoring mechanics can manage.

Bionic Commando Rearmed 1 is beautiful.

BCR2 is less so, at least according to the demo, but for the price, I'll take the plunge.

Shank is one of my favorite beat-em-ups out there. Satisfying and fun as hell. Also on Steam. Offers a good unique couch-co-op mode.

Moon Diver demon did not impress.

Section 8 Predjudice is a quite good MP shooter. Big maps, somewhere between Halo, Battlefield, and Tribes

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']Aren't they all? :p[/QUOTE]

Not the first 13! Plus I think we bought some of them (See Louisiana Purchase and others). :p

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Anybody play Monday night combat? Got my eye on it.[/QUOTE]

I love MNC haven't played in awhile so I'm not sure how the online community is doing. I hear the steam community is more active but they also get updates =(.

Neat 3rd person tower defense style of gameplay.

easy 200 achievements on top of it and avatar awards if that helps

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Not the first 13! Plus I think we bought some of them (See Louisiana Purchase and others). :p[/QUOTE]

I think the people who were living in the 13 colonies before they were colonized might disagree. :cool:

MNC is a great class-based online shooter somewhat in the vein of TF2. It has a few fun horde-like co-op levels against bots but is primarily an online-only arena shooter that doesn't take itself too seriously. The strategy of customizing your perks and the combination of bots in multiplayer matches makes it especially interesting. I've really enjoyed it since picking it up last year in the holiday sales.

On another note, I'm still tempted by the 400 point Atari titles despite the reviews. What's wrong with this picture?

Sorry guys, newb to XBLA. I'm tempted to pick some of these titles up right now, but I hear mention of XBLA Rewards. I've heard of that, but how exactly does that work? Help would be much appreciated :)

[quote name='eastx']

A few delisted games like Ultimate MK 3 really can't be redownloaded.[/QUOTE]

Not true, if you purchased Ultimate MK 3 prior to it being pulled you can still re-download it. In fact, I just redownloaded the demo since it was in my dl history from way back when.

Well after going on a mini-buying spree (Outland, Might and Magic, Trouble Witches Neo, Shank AND Islands of Wakfu), I'm left staring at the one or two other titles that interest me...

Serious Sam - No couch co-op probably kills it for me.
Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2 - Haven't played the first one since I bought it on sale; if it was 400, I'd go for it.
Star Raiders - Haven't really found anyone saying good things about this.
Yar's Revenge - Same.

Still, what an incredible sale--far and away the best in many months, especially as Might and Magic and Outland were two of my most wanted XBLA games. Now if only my dream sale on the Wallace and Gromit (and Sam & Max) games would happen...

[quote name='Dustin Echoes']Not true, if you purchased Ultimate MK 3 prior to it being pulled you can still re-download it. In fact, I just redownloaded the demo since it was in my dl history from way back when.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, I definitely can't redownload it, and I've seen others say it in the thread too. Some items' names just don't show up in the list, it calls them something else (I forget).

[quote name='RealDeals']Sorry guys, newb to XBLA. I'm tempted to pick some of these titles up right now, but I hear mention of XBLA Rewards. I've heard of that, but how exactly does that work? Help would be much appreciated :)[/QUOTE]

Go here: http://rewards.xbox.com/
Sign up and if you do the things they want you to, you'll get some Microsoft Points every once in awhile.

[quote name='RealDeals']Sorry guys, newb to XBLA. I'm tempted to pick some of these titles up right now, but I hear mention of XBLA Rewards. I've heard of that, but how exactly does that work? Help would be much appreciated :)[/QUOTE]

http://rewards.xbox.com/

Promotions switch at the beginning of each month. Some people are hoping that by waiting for October 1 to buy the sale titles, they will be able to stack a Xbox Rewards rebate on top of it (for example, earlier this year you got 5% back on all your XBLA purchases in a particular month).

What do you think we could see Friday? I'm assuming Shadow Complex for sure. Torchlight? Trenched? I've had my Xbox for less than a year so I'm assuming it's too early for the Summer of Arcade titles to be on sale.

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']What do you think we could see Friday? I'm assuming Shadow Complex for sure. Torchlight? Trenched? I've had my Xbox for less than a year so I'm assuming it's too early for the Summer of Arcade titles to be on sale.[/QUOTE]

Risk Factions

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']What do you think we could see Friday? I'm assuming Shadow Complex for sure. Torchlight? Trenched? I've had my Xbox for less than a year so I'm assuming it's too early for the Summer of Arcade titles to be on sale.[/QUOTE]

My money is on Beyond Good & Evil HD. I'd love to see Trenched, Torchlight, or Half Minute Hero SMNC. Kinda hoping we see one of those epic 160-200MSP discounts again. That, of course, could be anything.

Scratched Blade Kitten and Star Raiders off my list. Replayed most of the demos for the discounted and those two fell flat. Yar's Revenge remains a pseudo nostalgia trip for me as it's pretty much a new game with an old name but Panzer Dragoon style games interest me and I haven't played one in quite a while.

[quote name='abhinav']I got outland, thinking of picking up Bionic Commando, any recommendations for that one?[/QUOTE]

Get Bionic Commando Rearmed without hesitation.

I would even recommend BCR2 without hesitation. I got it for 10 on PSN, so $7.50 is a great deal here.

It looks like I need to try out some demos. I'm interested in Islands of Wakfu, Outland and Section 8. I'll try the demo for Bionic Commando Rearmed again but I wasn't convinced by it the last time it was on sale.

To anyone on the fence for Monday Night Combat, it was a REALLY fun game. I loved it, barely took 4 or so hours to get 200/200g, but i played it for atleast a few more weeks because i loved it so much.

[quote name='dgwillia006']To anyone on the fence for Monday Night Combat, it was a REALLY fun game. I loved it, barely took 4 or so hours to get 200/200g, but i played it for atleast a few more weeks because i loved it so much.[/QUOTE]

Really? You guys must be a lot better at that game than I am. I've enjoyed a number of sessions yet that pancake and a couple of the weirder achievements still elude me.

Most of it was luck, i got pretty much all of the achievements on launch day, except the one for beating the Waves of the Tower Defense mode (Forgot the name).

Lol, according to 360achievements, you can boost them all in barely an hour or two.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Okay, quickie reviews: Serious Sam TFE is rather dull in my opinion but good enough fun. TSE is better and the game is better on Steam anyway but your call.[/QUOTE]
While TSE gives you more weapons, a wider varity of enemies, and more diverse levels, I still couldn't help but feel that TSE was the one to offer the inferior experience. It tries to mix up the simple kill-everything-and-move-on arenas of the first game. TSE needed to do this to keep the player's interest.

However, the gimmicks they come up with are annoying at best. Clear out a room while you and the enemies are bouncing 50 feet in the air. Kill everything in a tunnel that rotates 360 degrees. Fight off waves of enemies when your range of vision is limited.

These gimmicks force you to fight a bit too with adjusting your aim to compensate for a room's given gimmick. Both games are still very enjoyable, but the simplicity of the first allows you to clearly focus on the game's primary design philosophy: kill a lot of enemies.

As he said: the Steam version is a superior product.

I'd rather have the inventiveness. As dumb as it was, the design of kill a lot of enemies was woefully weak in Serious Sam. Much better than other horde-style FPSes but still not good enough.

I've seen a few mention what else will go on sale this week. Are more sales planned? Because I'm really wanting some Summer of Arcade titles, but whatever the case, I think I'll spend my 20 dollar gaming coupon from Kmart on a 50 dollar Xbox Live Points card instead of more games.

With Gears holding me over on it's multiplayer and the rest of the year with AAA games, games like the Ico collection and Xmen Destiny need to be passed on. Oh well, more random XBLA games I'll slowly and probably never beat ;D.

[quote name='Halo05']I already have Outland. I'm excited to see what pops up on the 30th though. Bring on 200 point Panzer General.[/QUOTE]

Hell yes! I'd also jump on a toy soldiers price drop. I know it's been deal of the week many times but I just never jumped and now I regret it.

In for outland!

Kindawondering about that one day sale. I'm an XBLA newb myself, so I would love some "XBLA-defining" games, like Shadow Complex, to go on sale.

Outland for 5 bucks though? Might have to jump on that. I loved the Demo...on the PS3 :p

I Wouldn't mind Beyond Good and Evil on Friday, but goddamn my backlog from Gears 3, the Gamefly sale and this sale are making me buy more games then I ever intended this week.

Did we ever get any confirmation the Extreme Shopping Sale is all week? I don't see it on my dashboard at all (and didn't this morning-wasn't on when it was up) and the thought of missing some of the unbelievable deals is hauting me. If I miss Outland I'll be terribly upset but I'm sure it'll go on sale again. The ones I feel may never get a drop again are Trouble Witches NEO! and Moon Diver. I think I'm going to risk it. The early info is usually pretty accurate...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back