XBLA - Snoopy Flying Ace

Peanuts rendered in 3D? :wall: The cut scene looks fucking terrible, I surprised Schulz's heirs signed off on it. There are some formulas you don't tamper with.

As for the game, it has promise but haven't they been working on this for ages already and it's still not due until next year?

[quote name='Corvin']Peanuts rendered in 3D? :wall: The cut scene looks fucking terrible, I surprised Schulz's heirs signed off on it. There are some formulas you don't tamper with.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I said the same thing when I first saw that Simpsons Road Rage game. Annoying.

I'll get over it if the game is good, though. Where's the goddamn doghouse "plane?"

Snoopy and the Red Baron was my favorite record as a kid.
Let's see if this game can be better than the previous best Peanuts game on Atari 2600.
There better be some frosty glasses of rootbeer to drink.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Anyone try it out yet? Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I bought it this morning and have been enjoying it. Multiplayer has been lag free for me even in the 16 player rooms.

The only complaint I'd say this far is that some of the weapons seem to have a balancing issue or just suck.

Got it earlier today and have been enjoying it a lot so far. Haven't really been in to aerial shooters too often since Star Fox 64 but I like this one a lot.

Speaking of Star Fox, still waiting and wondering why Nintendo hasn't done or at least announced plans on a true sequel to that yet.

Pretty fun, but as I posted above, why 'o why did they have to give the Peanuts a shitty 3D render look? I mean, none of it is even animated (at least in the demo). Why not give us a heavily stylized 2D version based on the classic characters instead of this glossy 3D look?

Anyone that has Snoopy vs. Red Baron on the psp can comment on the differences? It seemed (by just looking) that it was very similar in looks.

I wanted to like this game but after 5min with the demo, I was done. The level in the demo seems too crowded, and the action was very chaotic and not in a good way. I'll give it another shot before I delete it but It's not looking good for me.

Gave the game a second chance last night and chose the missions instead of the MP this time and I fell in love with it. I didn't realize that there was a campaign, I thought it was just MP, and since I didn't get to learn the controls when I first tried it out it didn't make much sense. After playing through the tutorial I fell in love with it and had to get it. Played a few levels as well as some multiplayer and It's definitely a great game and with an excellent 800pts price tag.

I did not expect to fall in love with the title but it's just a blast to play. The multiplayer dogfights are so hectic yet still easy to follow, it's the most addicting MP I've played in a while.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Snoopy and the Red Baron was my favorite record as a kid.
Let's see if this game can be better than the previous best Peanuts game on Atari 2600.
There better be some frosty glasses of rootbeer to drink.[/QUOTE]

game was good, that song is horrendous.

I only learned about this game the day before its release, then won a free code for it from Microsoft on Twitter (thanks to a heads up from our own Wombat). It is the definition of a sleeper hit. Almost no hype whatsoever right up to release, and yet a great game out of the gate. Possibly one of the best multiplayer XBLA titles available, with all sorts of modes, including local (!) and online co-op. The single player pales in comparison, but it's fun and motivates you with unlockables you can use in the multiplayer. Achievements are challenging but not ridiculously so, and all appear to be obtainable with a reasonable amount of play time.

The 3D renders of the Peanuts gang are somewhat lame, but they only really appear in a cutscene or two (and Snoopy himself looks good in 3D). The rest of the production design is spot on, especially the great music (in particular, the relaxing Guaraldi-esque piano tunes that play behind the follow-the-leader missions).

I've only played for a couple hours total, but I can say without reservation that this game is easily worth 800 points. Great use of the license and quintessential XBLA title. Great job by Smart Bomb Interactive.

Now we just need to set up a CAG night.

I just started playing the MP after playing through most of the campaign and I really really like this game. Wish I would have been playing online sooner. Still pretty easy to find a game so that's always good!

I just picked this up on Sunday night after finally playing the demo. What a great game! The single player is great and the muliplayer is really fun so far. Only thing is that sometimes during a multiplayer game there is stuttering, usually just at the start, which then clears up. Anyone else see this? It's not a big deal since it goes away, but is pretty annoying while it's happening.

[quote name='Corvin']Peanuts rendered in 3D? :wall: The cut scene looks fucking terrible, I surprised Schulz's heirs signed off on it. There are some formulas you don't tamper with.

As for the game, it has promise but haven't they been working on this for ages already and it's still not due until next year?[/QUOTE]

Oh please, that cut scene was cute, give me a break. The game rocks.

This game is so fantastic. I only realized yesterday that you could play the entire solo campaign 2-player local drop in/drop out coop! My kids and I are having a blast with this game. So much play you get for your 800 points here.

[quote name='crunchewy']All of you new Snoopy owners, here's your thread. :) I'm up for a CAG SFA night![/QUOTE]

I'd be up for it. I've had this game since shortly after it came out but didn't play very much of the MP. I'm not consistently on at certain times, so I'll defer to the scheduling to anyone else.

Feel free to friend me, tell 'em CAG sent ya!

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']I'd be up for it. I've had this game since shortly after it came out but didn't play very much of the MP. I'm not consistently on at certain times, so I'll defer to the scheduling to anyone else.

Feel free to friend me, tell 'em CAG sent ya![/QUOTE]

Ditto that. Been looking for a reason to pick this up again.

I sent both of you friend requests. I'm "crunc is". I'm not sure what the schedule is this weekend for me. My wife sometimes has things planned that I'm either unaware of, or just as likely, have forgotten about. :) Still, I think there's nothing big planned this weekend. Do weeknights work better for you or weekend nights? Not really sure how to organize a CAG online event, never having done it before....

[quote name='crunchewy']I sent both of you friend requests. I'm "crunc is". I'm not sure what the schedule is this weekend for me. My wife sometimes has things planned that I'm either unaware of, or just as likely, have forgotten about. :) Still, I think there's nothing big planned this weekend. Do weeknights work better for you or weekend nights? Not really sure how to organize a CAG online event, never having done it before....[/QUOTE]

Sounds like we're in the same boat. Don't do a lot of online multiplayer because Mrs. Tybee has a low tolerance for games that cannot be paused at a moment's notice. :roll: I should be relatively free this weekend, although I will be out Saturday night.

the control mechanics for this game are aweful and I feel like there's a delay in response time when trying to go up, down or anything else. Haven't had much fun playing this game and i've only tried it on xbl via player match but still might get it and hope that I can get better acquainted with the game.

[quote name='intoxicated662']the control mechanics for this game are aweful and I feel like there's a delay in response time when trying to go up, down or anything else. Haven't had much fun playing this game and i've only tried it on xbl via player match but still might get it and hope that I can get better acquainted with the game.[/QUOTE]

I didn't have any control issues. Maybe just takes getting use to? Play the single player campaign as it will walk you through it.

[quote name='Tybee']Sounds like we're in the same boat. Don't do a lot of online multiplayer because Mrs. Tybee has a low tolerance for games that cannot be paused at a moment's notice. :roll: I should be relatively free this weekend, although I will be out Saturday night.[/QUOTE]

This is how it goes down in our house too.

Would love to join some CAG multiplayer, though. Feel free to send a friend request and/or a game invite to me as well!

[quote name='crunchewy']I didn't have any control issues. Maybe just takes getting use to? Play the single player campaign as it will walk you through it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah me neither. Works fine to me 0_o. I also recommend trying lighter crafts out.

The best way to set this up is just to pick a night and a time(How about Friday sometime between 8-10 PM EST?) and just go from there. Trying to figure out a time everyone is okay with is pretty darn near impossible and then nothing happens.

Friday 8-10 PM then. I probably won't be able to join in until 9, but that's fine. So do we set up a party chat which everyone joins or what?

I'll try to get on sometime Friday night. Like the rest of you, my wife (unknowingly) dictates my gaming schedule.

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']I'll try to get on sometime Friday night. Like the rest of you, my wife (unknowingly) dictates my gaming schedule.[/QUOTE]

Oh, she knows. :)

I'll also try to get on during that time. My wife is in grad school and often has homework or studying to do in the evenings, which is a double-edged sword. Her mouth says, "You should totally play some video games while I'm busy with this!" while her demeanor says, "I can't believe you get to play fucking games while I have to do this shit." So instead I end up doing laundry or cleaning the house to alleviate the guilt.

Ok, cool so do we all need to be on each other's friends list, or is there some other way to handle it? I'm a newb in this regard. If we need to be on each other's friends lists, please add me: crunc is. Heck, add me regardless. :)

This is on the weekly deal for 400 space bucks isn't it?

How is the online? is it active? I might use up 400 of my bing bucks to get this.

[quote name='crunchewy']Ok, cool so do we all need to be on each other's friends list, or is there some other way to handle it? I'm a newb in this regard. If we need to be on each other's friends lists, please add me: crunc is. Heck, add me regardless. :)[/QUOTE]

For fighters, we have a group gamertagsetup. By friending that group gamertag, you can quickly link to others playing the game. I'll get something setup for this game in the next day or so and post it before Friday's dogfight night.

bread's done
Back