XBLA - 'Splosion Man - 800 points - 7/21/11: Free Epilogue DLC Released

That better not mean the game has to be played through again to unlock them. I hope they are just tied to achievements so they are already unlocked if the achievement is.

I put Mr. Meatenstein to rest a little bit ago. The ending was kind of funny. I really enjoyed the game. I still need to go back and get some cakes that I missed. At the start, I was being extra careful to catch the cake on each level, but towards the end, I just wanted to get through the levels.

I went ahead and installed the theme as well. It's not bad.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']It will probally be a title update after the NXE update... blah[/QUOTE]

Thats what the developer said on MajorNelson's show.

I am taking my time playing through levels hoping that I get the avatar bonus playing through the first time instead of having to go back and get it.

[quote name='4est']Thats what the developer said on MajorNelson's show.

I am taking my time playing through levels hoping that I get the avatar bonus playing through the first time instead of having to go back and get it.[/QUOTE]
It will probably be activated from the extras menu under help & options which leads me to believe that it will be retroactive. :bouncy:

The final scenes from this game completely threw me off guard and instantly made me do a 180 on this game.

It's unfortunate the multiplayer is complete trash and unplayable.

I spent all day playing Hardcore Mode and got up to 3-4. Not as hard as they made it out to be ;(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_5fwEUJzK0

The full, pure Donut Man song. These guys made the videos and music, so you can find the ending stuff if you look hard enough.

The avatar rewards are just a basic shirt, though the developers wanted to offer something similar to what you see in the end credits, but they ran out of time and went the simpler route.

I'm about halfway through level 2 now. Really love this game. Anyone been able to successfully play online MP? When I tried to, lag was horrendous.

[quote name='Rocko']Anyone been able to successfully play online MP? When I tried to, lag was horrendous.[/QUOTE]

I've played it a bit twice without any problems. Only problem is that like N+ and Lode Runner, this is really not a game to play with random people as communication is key. Your lucky to get another person playing that has their mic plugged in

[quote name='Matt Young']fuck level 2-9.[/QUOTE]

I had the hardest time on the first set of three bombs. I must have died 30 times trying to get past it.

Finished this game at work! (While I was getting paid - haha.) Game is pretty cool, although it is a little to hard. For most of the game I played on a 4:3 10" SD TV... if you think you're good - try beating it on that! SO FRIGGEN HARD. THE last boss was close to impossible, it was so hard to tell where Splosion Man was (he is bright orange and so is the background) and the little gibblets (still dont know what they look like) were IMPOSSIBLE to see...

BUT, I DID IT! Woohoo!

Hey Rony, you need to put
tags around your sig image so that it displays.

Also, fuck level 2-9. Still.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Really 2-9? That one isnt THAT bad. You should get the hang of it after a few tries.[/QUOTE]

I've tried it about 10 times, but the spikes always catch up to me. I just watched a video on YouTube, so maybe that will help.

[quote name='Rony Pony']Well worth the 800 points. EPIC game[/QUOTE]

QFT. If they decide to make a second one. I'll buy first day. I Wasn't a fan of "The Maw", but man, I got addicted to this game

[quote name='Matt Young']I've tried it about 10 times, but the spikes always catch up to me. I just watched a video on YouTube, so maybe that will help.[/QUOTE]

Tisk Tisk Matt!

On a side note, JUST FINISHED HARDCORE! Thumb hurts like a bitch but it was so worth it really. Makes me feel like I actually accomplished something.

I got this today and I am quite enjoying it. How many levels are there in the game? I am at level 1-15 and thought I would be on level 2-N by now.

[quote name='mcgavin27']I got this today and I am quite enjoying it. How many levels are there in the game? I am at level 1-15 and thought I would be on level 2-N by now.[/QUOTE]

50 total. 2 of the world go to 16 levels; the other to 18.

[quote name='Matt Young']I think you just need the achievements for beating the 4th level solo and in co-op mode.[/QUOTE]

Nope.

The text for the white shirt struck me as a little odd, since that isn't tied to any achievement I'm aware of.

I was kind of hoping that the awards were props instead of clothing, say a piece of meat or figurines of the characters. Still, it's pretty awesome of them to include these.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Yes. You should receive a prompt to update Splosion Man the next time you start it up, this will allow the items to unlock.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot :)

No update yet, but if you haven't seen it, the soundtracks are up on the official site. Just click on Free Stuff, scroll to the bottom, and click on any of the three gentlemen's faces to get one of the three portions of the full soundtrack. The Donut Man song is there along with other background stuff from MP and SP, though the songs from the credits aren't in there.

finally made it through this game. some frustrating parts, but the reward was so rewarding. the last boss, the ending, my god. when i wasnt laughing, i was sitting there mouth agape just in awe of what i was seeing.

5/5.

now to get those cakes....

Getting the cakes in some of the world 3 levels is killing me. Still super fun though!

I also wanted to give the 'Splosion Man fans a heads up that we had about an hour long interview with folks from Twisted Pixel and Slackcircus (who did all the end game content) on the newest episode of our podcast. Really awesome guys and they were a ton of fun. Check it out in my signature if you'd like to give a listen.

bread's done
Back