XBLA - Super Ghouls and Ghosts!

drbutchevil

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/12705/Xbox-Live-Arcade-ESRB-Confirms-Super-Ghouls-N-Ghosts/

The ESRB has updated its listings revealing Capcom's plans to bring the third installment in the Ghosts 'n' Goblins video game series to Xbox Live Arcade for Xbox 360, as well as for Nintendo Wii and PlayStation 3.

Rated E for everyone, Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts is confirmed by the ESRB to be coming to all next-gen consoles. It is expected that we'll get the same version of Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts that was released in 2002 for the Game Boy Advance, which featured all of the game play elements that made the original Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts of the most beloved classic video games of all time plus, newly designed enemies and stages. This version also allowed players to choose the next stage of the game at the end of each level. This feature added more replay value to the game and allows those who have played the original version to play new stages.

The new stages also featured popular enemies from Ghosts 'N Goblins and Super Ghosts 'N Goblins.

One of the only game series that I've ever felt was just too hard, or at least for me. I beat the original NES title, but I could never get into the others because it was just such a pain (and I think I only beat the original because I had so few games and played them for months). Anyway, sounds good.

I wonder why they are assuming we'll be getting the GBA version?

This is interesting, because the Virtual Console is also getting Super Ghouls and Ghosts... I really do hope XBLA is getting the GBA version, because that version was awesome, but I'm not getting my hopes up and it seems stupid to expect Capcom will do that for us.

[quote name='Weedy649']Sounds cool, maybe we'll get it by 2010.[/QUOTE]

yep. these announcements just serve to make me even more calloused.

where the hell are the games MS?

I used to be happy about these announcements, but now they just anger me since we'll apparently never get the game while they keep releasing patches and crap like Root Beer Tapper.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']... crap like Root Beer Tapper.[/quote]

While I agree that it is a crappy game for XBLA, the original Tapper (and even the root beer one) is one of the greatest arcade games ever with one of the best controllers ever (an actual beer tap). It is one of the most played games on my MAME cab when my friends come over...

Oh yeah, on-topic - I'll be passing on Super Ghouls-n-Ghosts. The whole series is overrated crapola, IMO. It was fun in 1987 or whenever because there was nothing else to play but by today's standards it's just pathetic. The controls are not responsive and the ability to not change directions mid-jump combined with the insane difficulty make this an exercise in frustration and definitely not something I would consider "fun."

[quote name='javeryh']While I agree that it is a crappy game for XBLA, the original Tapper (and even the root beer one) is one of the greatest arcade games ever with one of the best controllers ever (an actual beer tap). It is one of the most played games on my MAME cab when my friends come over...[/QUOTE]
I agree. Hell, the irony of my post is that if I can round up the points I'll probably buy it. At the same time when you have Alien Hominid and Symphony of the Night on the table, you get them out there.

Actually, the only way Super Ghouls and Ghosts is worth it at all is if they somehow port over the awesome GBA version.

SG&G was already released as part of Capcom Classics Collection Vol 1... you could probably find it for $10, it's got a ton of other awesome games in it, and if IIRC it's already in 480p.

Not going to rebuy the same game just for achievements... cmon upgraded awesome port even though I'll probably end up being disappointed.

I love this game. The fact that it is so hard adds to the fun IMO.
The new one for PSP is great too.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']If this is indeed the GBA version, they will hopefully bump the music to SNES quality.[/QUOTE]

That super nes sound chip that sony made was totally tits.

bread's done
Back