XBLA - Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix - 1200pts

well that's pretty ironic... during development, weren't they saying that the 360 might have to deal with compressed art and things of that nature (this was before they were approved for a size increase on XBLA)?

I'm having a hard time with Zangeif since I'm so used to the Hyper Fighting version. His body splash cross up isn't as effective. Plus there's no button for 3 punches or 3 Kick so doing Gief's Spinning Lariat is hit n' miss. But his 360 grabs seem easier to pull off without jumping and changing the green hand to QCF is a very nice welcome.

[quote name='Mrcapcom']I keep tryin to add you guile doesnt seem like xboxlive.com wants u on my list[/quote]

My friends list is probably full. I'll have to see if there is anyone I can delete.

Ok, I deleted a few people with 0 gamerscore on my list. I'll send a request to you now.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you love Street Fighter this is definitely worth the purchase. A huge amount of people playing this right now to keep the action fresh/varied (though lots of Ken's running around), and the achievements are definitely doable.

If you've never liked Street Fighter, nothing about this game will likely change your mind. It IS just a (very high quality) remake after all.

I can't seem to find or create a ranked match. Instead I played through again on easy, aiming to get the perfect achievement. Getting those perfects are a lot harder than I thought they would be.

^ Same here. If anyone wants to get some of these achievements I'll be happy to help. I should be online later tonight. This controller is just awful and my arcade stick is broken.

Just got home, downloading it now.

Not looking forward to playing with the awful d-pad, but I can manage until I get one of those SFIV controllers.
I might have to do that sanding thing where it makes the d-pad move better... have any of you guys done that?

NeoGAF also has people complaining about the PS3 online having problems. Not sure if it's just their connection though?

I played SF2 Turbo with the Analog and didn't have many problems, so hopefully I'll be OK in Remix.

Finally beat Akuma in arcade mode.. took me about an hour just to get to him, and then I beat him on my second try with Blanka.

Anyone know any easy to do 7-hit combos?

I suck, and I'm holding out for the official stick in February, but I am always up for a game. Feel free to add me (Ivan Hood) or find me through the CAG SSF2THDR friends list.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I can't seem to find or create a ranked match. Instead I played through again on easy, aiming to get the perfect achievement. Getting those perfects are a lot harder than I thought they would be.[/quote]

I can't get any ranked matches either... Well, I got one awhile ago, but none others will work, and when I create them no one joins! Is no one playing or is there a problem with the server?

I got this, I too am not too great at it, but if you wanna play give me an invite. I might give in and get an arcade controller around SFIV. My first one too...heh heh.

How many people are playing with using the analog stick or horrendous D-pad? I just want to know if I stand a chance in a CAG tournament, as I have yet to buy an arcade stick and will download SSFIIHDR later this afternoon. :oops:

[quote name='Chase']How many people are playing with using the analog stick or horrendous D-pad? I just want to know if I stand a chance in a CAG tournament, as I have yet to buy an arcade stick and will download SSFIIHDR later this afternoon. :oops:[/quote]

I use the D-Pad. I always thought a stick would be awkward to sue sitting down.

I tried the demo finally (using a 2nd controller requires a second profile which I had, but no avatar, so I had to go through that first). I could pull off the fireballs flawlessly with the D-pad. The Uppercut...once and I had no idea how I did it, because I have yet to duplicate it because of the horrid d-pad.

Tournament sounds fun. I'm switching between analog stick and d-pad. Though a lot of people here say they aren't any good, I dunno...it could be a trap!

Ow, I need a joystick. My arm has a cramp after just half an hour. In terms of ease of control, this is the second worst D-pad I've ever had to use for a Capcom fighter. But at least the worst one, the Dreamcast D-pad, never gave me a cramp!

One more thing: is there a way to get the original stage backgrounds? I can't seem to find any such option, and it's really weird seeing the original sprites against HD backgrounds.

Anybody know if there is anything missing between the PS3 version and the 360 version. The download size on PS3 is 303mb, yet on 360 it is around 620mb.

[quote name='Chase']How many people are playing with using the analog stick or horrendous D-pad? I just want to know if I stand a chance in a CAG tournament, as I have yet to buy an arcade stick and will download SSFIIHDR later this afternoon. :oops:[/QUOTE]I'm gonna try to use the analog...

with that dpad, I have no idea how I could do my Oicho throw

[quote name='jazzman']Anybody know if there is anything missing between the PS3 version and the 360 version. The download size on PS3 is 303mb, yet on 360 it is around 620mb.[/quote]

the 360 is around 360 megs the ps3 version is around 250

I don't know what the difference in input is, but this plays much better with the 360 d-pad than Hyper Fighting did. I'm not defending the pad, but this plays a lot more smoothly with it.

[quote name='Jek Porkins']I don't know what the difference in input is, but this plays much better with the 360 d-pad than Hyper Fighting did. I'm not defending the pad, but this plays a lot more smoothly with it.[/QUOTE]

I believe they made the motions more forgiving.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Anyone know any easy to do 7-hit combos?[/quote]

Here's the way I did it: Pick Deejay and to a cross-up MK, then 3 crouching LP, then finish off with his Spinning Kick thing (hold down for 2 sec the up + HK) I'm not sure if it works better on big characters but I picked Sagat as my opponent. Plus you can't get the achievement in training. So just do a local 2P match and you're set.

I'm cheap. Don't judge me. :whistle2:(

All is downloaded. Someone make brackets. Perhaps brackets using the gamercard avatar pictures?

For instance:

Edit: And I would create such a bracket, but I'm working on two unrelated Photoshop projects. :oops:

Isn't that the one they showed with the official 8-button sticks?

Oh wait, it's MadCatz...how much is the official stick?

alrite doods! I'm up on XBOX on this game!!

My xbox ID is JEKKISTYLE

I'll go thru this thread later and add a couple of u guys... for now I wanna test out how to play on a pad

beatdowns commence!!

Jekki I can't figure out how to chain c. sk + double hadouken. Only the 2 hit c. sk registers as two hits then the double hadouken registers as 5.

I'm gonna try rsigley's method.

[quote name='Chase']I was dominated by Phrost. :eek:[/quote]

Only semi-dominated.

^ Go back a page, me and another person listed some sure fire ways to pull off an easy 7 hit combo.

Been playing some ranked matches and I accomplished the "Master of All Thing" achievement. I did pretty good, I still got some skillz.

How is CPU AI in this game compared to the other street fighter games? The computer seemed a bit aggressive to me. I mean by the time I had my super bar charged up both of us were usually almost already dead.

bread's done
Back