XBLA - Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix - 1200pts

Im up for a tournament or anything. I am working on the 100 wins but I can never connect to anyone using quick match I have to custom search. Pain in the arse. I got all the achs except 100 wins!

[quote name='KingDox']How is CPU AI in this game compared to the other street fighter games? The computer seemed a bit aggressive to me. I mean by the time I had my super bar charged up both of us were usually almost already dead.[/quote]

Honestly, I remember this game being fairly hard back in the arcade. Even on medium, it gets real tough by the 3rd match. It takes a lot of getting used to after playing the alpha series for so long. I even forgot I couldn't air block :(

[quote name='mike.m']I should be up for some games tomorrow. Just don't use Dee Jay please, I hate him! :)[/quote]

Who the fuck uses DJ anyway? This game is much easier than the real Super Turobo i think.

Ok I'm going to sound crazy but I hate playing this game... the actual game is superb! but I can't even enjoy it... why?

fuck you d-pad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fuck you!!!!!!!!!!!1 fuck you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not even joking...

I can't afford a damn stick. I almsot broke my controller 5 times in just 1 hours of playing this... 20% of the time I wanted to do a special I did it... 80% was fail on the easiest shit... and I tried it on the stick... fuck the stick...

yes I'm pissed. I hate you MS for not giving a shit about the d-pad...

[quote name='KingBroly']So I take it that Rolento's going to get the PSN version now.[/quote]

I really don't want to waste the money, but it's a strong possibility.

that's not my controller.. I almost did that though about five times... I slammed my controller a few times no the floor and even took a bite out of it... yeah, it scares me.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']that's not my controller.. I almost did that though about five times... I slammed my controller a few times no the floor and even took a bite out of it... yeah, it scares me.[/quote]

I don't think controller plastic tastes that bad.

should not have said that.

depends if there's sweat...

but seriously, I'm scared to play this game now since I don't think my controllers are going to survive.

it feels like playing Gears of War with a comodore joystick while a weasel nibbles on your back ankle.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Ok I'm going to sound crazy but I hate playing this game... the actual game is superb! but I can't even enjoy it... why?

fuck you d-pad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fuck you!!!!!!!!!!!1 fuck you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not even joking...

I can't afford a damn stick. I almsot broke my controller 5 times in just 1 hours of playing this... 20% of the time I wanted to do a special I did it... 80% was fail on the easiest shit... and I tried it on the stick... fuck the stick...

yes I'm pissed. I hate you MS for not giving a shit about the d-pad...[/quote]

If you decide to buy a stick I would stay away from the Hori EX2. I almost slammed my stick on the ground a few times tonight. For some reason I cannot do f,d,df motions on it along with a few others.

I have a modded SFAC stick that I used on the regular Xbox and never had one problem doing those motions.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']If you decide to buy a stick I would stay away from the Hori EX2. I almost slammed my stick on the ground a few times tonight. For some reason I cannot do f,d,df motions on it along with a few others.

I have a modded SFAC stick that I used on the regular Xbox and never had one problem doing those motions.[/quote]

On the opposite side of things, I've never been a big stick user for home consoles (Always just "Mastered" the controllers), but the 360 makes that near impossible for games like Samurai Shodown.... So, hence, I got my first stick, the EX2 (Non-modded, directly from Gamestop).

I love the thing. I have barely any problems at all doing anything. I've only been using the thing for about a week or so, but between HDR, SF3, Battle Fantasia, SamShoII, and Hyper Fighting, I find the Stick LOADS batter than the Default Options.

For the price and ease of obtaining, I have to say I find the EX2 to be fantastic. Especially with the new simpler move motions...

I second the Hori stick. It's not perfect but I find it to be more then adequate for my fighting game needs. I was able to find a NIB Dead or Alive 4 one at a local shop. These guys can be tough to find locally but Amazon seems to stock the Soul Calibur ones. I'm going to get another one of these babies soon.

I have a couple questions tho. How do I meet Akuma in the arcade mode so I can defeat him and earn the achievement? Also, what does it mean when you're supposed to "charge" a move? And lastly, how should I assign the buttons to my six button layout? I've been looking for some sort of diagram online but can't seem to find any info. I can't remember how the old arcade machines are set up. Is it all the punch moves up top and then all the bottom 3 are kicks? Thanks for the help!!

[quote name='PhrostByte']Who the fuck uses DJ anyway? This game is much easier than the real Super Turobo i think.[/quote]

You've never seen hardcore players use DJ? Man the greatest battles I've seen are Guile vs Dee Jay. DJ is a bitch because his projectile comes out much faster than Guiles and his attacks can keep you cornered and chip away at you. A good Dee Jay player is freakin tough.

[quote name='mike.m']You've never seen hardcore players use DJ? Man the greatest battles I've seen are Guile vs Dee Jay. DJ is a bitch because his projectile comes out much faster than Guiles and his attacks can keep you cornered and chip away at you. A good Dee Jay player is freakin tough.[/quote]

I guess I haven't.. :\

[quote name='Ice Cold']http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Street-Fighter-IV-FightPad/dp/B001M241KU/ref=pd_sim_vg_1Get this in your Amazon gold box for $20 it looks to be an amazing d-pad controller[/quote]

How the fuck do you do that?

[quote name='PhrostByte']Who the fuck uses DJ anyway? This game is much easier than the real Super Turobo i think.[/quote]

I use Dee Jay. I actually have been doing better with him than Guile so far. I won my first online tournament with Dee Jay yesterday.

Speaking of Guile, I am loving the new roundhouse flash kick. Awesome!

check that I switched it to the Akuma Version

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_v...Xbox+360+Street+Fighter+IV+FightPad&x=18&y=18

and yes call Amazon directly and tell them what ever you want added to your Gold Box or as a Gold Box deal they always honor it, how I got my 22" LCD. Samsung

plus the Indian Call center usually have no idea of what you are saying so they always honor it.

Especially if you Speak Spanish and Hit #2 the Spanish Reps are always Nicer for some reason, its just Latin culture to make people happy and fullfill. Plus they all speak English anyways.

FYI might as well Start getting the Amazon.com Item numbers and SKU codes while you can and just call in to order because 99.9% that site will crash or be unuseably slow.

[quote name='RynoZebz']how should I assign the buttons to my six button layout? I've been looking for some sort of diagram online but can't seem to find any info. I can't remember how the old arcade machines are set up. Is it all the punch moves up top and then all the bottom 3 are kicks? Thanks for the help!![/QUOTE]Three punches on top, three kicks on bottom. Both rows going light->medium->heavy, from left to right. Like this:
Code:
(LP)(MP)(HP)
(LK)(MK)(HK)

Okay, I love the heck out of this game, but it's opened my eyes to how bouncy these controllers are... this is the first time mine has gone flying, hit 2 walls and rolled on the floor into another wall! Jeez and my gaming room isn't small either!

Add me. I am no good yet, so It will be easy wins

I will be on my XBOX a lot this weekend either in this game or Gears or Rock Band just send a invite and I will play.

Rodimus.. I still can't figure out how to do a 7-hit combo. The DJ cross-up you showed me only registers me 6 hits. I can jump in mk, c. sp x 2, and then do the flying kick for another 3 hits. I get 6 hits out of it. If I do jump in mk, c. sp x 3, I don't have enough room to chain the flying kicks for another 3 hits. So it registers 4, then 3.

Edit: Ok, if I jump in deep on a big character I can get 7 hits out of it... only problem is I don't have a second controller and it's too hard to pull off in single player mode. heh :\

Edit: Finally got it, thanks Rodimus and others. :]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, this game truly does have the best netcode. All that consulting with the ggpo team really paid off. I don't think I experienced any lag whatsoever in the couple hours I've played. Well done Capcom.

[quote name='VidPower']Wow, this game truly does have the best netcode. All that consulting with the ggpo team really paid off. I don't think I experienced any lag whatsoever in the couple hours I've played. Well done Capcom.[/quote]

It's been perfect for me as well. No lag at all.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']It's been perfect for me as well. No lag at all.[/quote]

I had a few hiccups last night, but I also get those on GGPO too so I can't complain.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Rodimus.. I still can't figure out how to do a 7-hit combo. The DJ cross-up you showed me only registers me 6 hits. I can jump in mk, c. sp x 2, and then do the flying kick for another 3 hits. I get 6 hits out of it. If I do jump in mk, c. sp x 3, I don't have enough room to chain the flying kicks for another 3 hits. So it registers 4, then 3.

Edit: Ok, if I jump in deep on a big character I can get 7 hits out of it... only problem is I don't have a second controller and it's too hard to pull off in single player mode. heh :\

Edit: Finally got it, thanks Rodimus and others. :][/quote]

Glad it worked out. It's really not too hard, but yeah, I guess it has to be a big guy.

So I go to a friends house today for Thanksgiving and he also got SF. While waiting for the turkey to cook I unlock the "Perfect" and "Akuma" acheivments for him. What pisses me off is these are two I don't have yet.

There's been a few instances of lag, but overall I'm really impressed. I've been trying to get the win as every character achievement.. it's lot harder than I thought it was going to be.. but at least it gives me something to do on this fine T-day.

Yay I now have all achievements except 100 wins... it was a bitch having to win with every character but I now like some characters I thought I never would: specifically Cammmyyyy and yea that's about it. Maybe Zangief even though I suck at doing his special throws.

I'm still ranked 86 world wide even though I've been winning a lot. :(

Damn dude. You musta been playing nonstop since yesterday morning.

While playing ranked I noticed that it takes a bit of time to get connected to a match.

Damn do people who drop count as losses again?
Me and a guy were 1-1 and it gave me a loss when he dropped it seems.

Also, do tounrmanet wins count as ranked wins?

Has anyone had any trouble with the Master of All Things achievement? I know I've won as every character, in remix, so I wonder what's up..

Wait. Nevermind.. It just took a REALLY long time to register. Hope to get my 100 wins by the end of the day.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Damn do people who drop count as losses again?
Me and a guy were 1-1 and it gave me a loss when he dropped it seems.[/quote]

Are you sure you got a loss? I heard if someone drops you still get a win. I'm not 100% sure how droping out works but I'd like to know since that was a big problem iin Hyper Fighting.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Damn do people who drop count as losses again?
Me and a guy were 1-1 and it gave me a loss when he dropped it seems.

Also, do tounrmanet wins count as ranked wins?[/quote]

Are you sure that's right?

I thought droppers get -1 and dropee's get 0.

[quote name='Rodimus']Damn dude. You musta been playing nonstop since yesterday morning.

While playing ranked I noticed that it takes a bit of time to get connected to a match.[/quote]

Yeah man I've probably put around 8 hours in since the game came out! What can I say I f'n love SF! Either SFA2: Gold HD Remix or SFA3: MAX HD Remix would be a dream come true for me... don't really care about the SFIII series though.

I've played quite a bit today... going through story on all characters and such. I played a little online and I haven't come across any lag at all (even with the smoothing off) I'm 0-5 though. :( I've come so damn close winning at least three times, where both my opponent and I are tied with two round wins each and then I lose when they have only a tiny bit of life left.

Ah well. I don't care if I suck, still having a lot of fun playing.

[quote name='SNAKE EYES EX']Game is fantastic. I had no lag playing with 2 of my friends. Me in Chicago, them in Portland.

I've been using my DOA Hori stick and it's holding up fairly well. I will be purchasing the SFIV Fightstick when it's available.
http://www.amazon.com/Street-Fighte...t-Playstation-3/dp/B001M22WN8/ref=pd_sim_vg_1

The only problem is how few people seem to be playing this. None of my other 50 friends were playing beyond my party of 3. Very sad.[/quote]

wow that is an expensive stick. Probably worth it though with all of the fighting games out and on the way...

I heard an easy way to beat Akuma was with Sagat and spam his standing roundhouse. Appanrtly he jumps into it everytime. I haven't done it personally but when I get a chance I'll confirm it.

1.beat arcade mode with out spending a continue when you get to m bison akuma will appear and raging demon mbison and you fight him

2.you can select akuma any time no need to unlock him highlight guile or ehonda and press up you get akuma

I LOVE this game and it's online play. Even with lag that makes everyone teleport like DBZ, I just love the fact that the controls still remain silky smooth and responsive.

It also feels great playing against actual humans and not some AI that knows what I'm doing and shuts down practicially everything I do.

bread's done
Back